Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss (1718 Views)

Onyema Responds To Buhari's Critics Over Assets Declaration Not Made Public / President Jonathan Visits NSE, Launches X-gen / Nazim Mimiko Nominated To Replace Jega From March 1, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 1:47am On Jan 03, 2011
Onyema to replace Okereke-Onyiuke as NSE boss
Published on 03 January 2011 with 0 comments   
[Post a Comment]

NIGERIAN-BORN chief administrative officer of the American Stock Exchange (AMEN), Mr. Oscar Onyema has been selected substantive managing director and chief executive officer of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE).

Onyema beat two others including Yvonne Ike, a former staff of JP Morgan in the United States and Bola Onadele, head of Datanet Limited after a rigorous selection process under the mandate of Accenture Nigeria.

Though indications are rife that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is still awaiting nominations for other positions from the Council of the Exchange, he is to replace Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke who was sacked on August 4, 2010.

Competent source at the NSE confided in Daily Champion weekend that Onyeama was one of 131 who applied for the job, adding that the candidates were further scaled down to eight applicants who were interviewed by a recruitment panel made up of experts from the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), Accenture, a council member of the NSE and Emmanuel Ikhazoboh, current Interim administrator of the Exchange.

According to the source, Oyneama�s selection by the Council of the Exchange has already been communicated to the SEC which is understood also want to conduct its own independent search on the candidate.

Market analysts are of the opinion that considering the growing relationship between the US Stock Exchange and Nigerian capital market regulators in the last six months, it is unlikely that the SEC�s search will turn up any more than the results of searches conducted by the NSE.

Though efforts to get reactions from top shots in the SEC on the development failed, it was understood that under the Securities and Investment Act of 1999, the SEC is empowered to register principal members of the NSE. It was however not clear if authorities at the SEC may void the selection even as market observers said Mr. Onyeama has the required pedigree for the position.

Ikhazoboh had earlier said someone would definitely be selected before the end of December, 2010. Ballama Manu, Interim President/Council Chairman of the NSE also confirmed earlier that the Screening Committee had come out with recommendations to the Council on Monday November 22, 2010, and that this was approved with a few amendments.

Accenture Nigeria, which was contracted to handle the selection process, had confirmed that 944 candidates applied for the four positions. These include that of the CEO and three Executive Directors (EDs). The firm affirmed that 131 applied for the post of CEO and about 813 applied for the EDs positions.

Though Dr. Ndi Okereke-Onyiuke who was forced out from office on August over allegations of mismanagement is still in court over her sack, it was not yet clear whether the Ganiyu Solomon-led Senate Committee on Capital Market at the National Assembly which recently called for her reinstatement would welcome the latest development.
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by Becomrich12: 3:03am On Jan 03, 2011
, you saw someone bomb up a place, . We have to respect each other.
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 3:15am On Jan 03, 2011
^^^^
You ignorant tribalist (why did you delete your post?)
http://www.amex.com/atamex/aboutAmex/execOfficers/am_abt_exeOnyema.html
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by Becomrich12: 3:18am On Jan 03, 2011
I know you are igbo. so you would defend this. But look at the people who made the decision. all of them finished national service less than 7 years ago. one of them just finished, another 4 years ago. and so. you live in a federation with law.

that is pure 419

Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 3:21am On Jan 03, 2011
^^^^
It is about competence. Unfortunately for you, Igbos are very competent people. They only appear to suffer in Nigeria where mediocrity and man-know-man, rather than competence, are the rules. Outside, Igbos shine like the star.
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by aljharem11(m): 3:27am On Jan 03, 2011
omongbatic:

^^^^
It is about competence. Unfortunately for you, Igbos are very competent people. They only appear to suffer in Nigeria where mediocrity and man-know-man, rather than competence, are the rules. Outside, Igbos shine like the star.

this why i do not like you

you are disgracing our igbo heritage everywhere angry

why not stop posting and think undecided
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by Becomrich12: 3:28am On Jan 03, 2011
it is not, if you do a lie detector test for all of this people. you would discover that they were just made to sign the paper.

and two. who own Accenture Nigeria
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by Becomrich12: 3:30am On Jan 03, 2011
one them look like he still plays, play station 3.
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 3:31am On Jan 03, 2011
^^^
What is the connection between AMEX and SEC and Onyema and Accenture?
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 3:32am On Jan 03, 2011
alj harem1:

this why i do not like you

you are disgracing our igbo heritage everywhere angry

why not stop posting and think undecided

You do not like me? Ask yourself if I appear to like you. What am I gonna do with your almajiri likeness?

BTW, are Igbos not very competent people? What are you beefing at?
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by Becomrich12: 3:35am On Jan 03, 2011
you call me ethnic bigot. what if they impreach Jonathan tomorrow  and replace Jonathan with a northerner, how does that sound to you. that sounf fair?
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 3:37am On Jan 03, 2011
Becomrich?:

you call me ethnic bigot. what if they impreach Jonathan tomorrow and replace Jonathan with a northerner, how does that sound to you.
Jonathan's deputy is Hausa. If he is impeached, then his replacement by law, is his Hausa VP. I have no qualms with that
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by aljharem11(m): 3:39am On Jan 03, 2011
omongbatic:

yYou do not like me? Ask yourself if I appear to like you.

BTW, are Igbos not very competent people? What are you beefing at?

yes we know we are very competent but do not use it to spit other nigerians

why do you use igbo name like this

what exactly is ur mission here on NL

do you think it is only NLer that read NL

i think you should stop this "we are the best in everything" because it is pride and i am sure your bible spoke to u about pride and how it leads to down fall

how many northerners do you see posting we are the best in military and etc

how many yoruba/edo people do you see posting " yoruba are good in all they do"

i think we all should be humble and see each other are brothers and work together.

when last have you been to nigeria undecided undecided in nigeria now, there are a lot of inter marriages and people have stop this tribal thing undecided
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by Becomrich12: 3:39am On Jan 03, 2011
we can make them impreach Jonathan Goodluck and replace him with a northerner. is that fair

you are in a federation and you respect others people.
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by Becomrich12: 3:40am On Jan 03, 2011
Now have Jonathan broken the constitution of Nigeria since he became president? I am asking you a question
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by Becomrich12: 3:42am On Jan 03, 2011
so why did we not replace Ya r adua with a northerner?
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 3:44am On Jan 03, 2011
alj harem1:

yes we know we are very competent but do not use it to spit other nigerians

why do you use igbo name like this

what exactly is your mission here on NL

do you think it is only NLer that read NL

i think you should stop this "we are the best in everything" because it is pride and i am sure your bible spoke to u about pride and how it leads to down fall

how many northerners do you see posting we are the best in military and etc

how many yoruba/edo people do you see posting " yoruba are good in all they do"

i think we all should be humble and see each other are brothers and work together.

when last have you been to nigeria undecided undecided in nigeria now, there are a lot of inter marriages and people have stop this tribal thing undecided

As an illiterate northerner, I know you feel VERY insecure. But what do you want me to do about it? Igbos are VERY competent people and I make no apologies. BTW, in these matters, I do not care about any other tribe, as it is not my business to do so. You only hear me mention Yoruba, etc, in response to a mention of Igbo. In this thread, I simply stated that Igbos are very competent and have not compared them to anyone else. So take your inferiority complex to almajiriland where you belong. Ewu awusa who wants to be Igbo. Tell me, what do we gain from accepting you as Igbo? Efulefu grin grin grin grin
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by Becomrich12: 3:45am On Jan 03, 2011
you are an igbo person.
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 3:46am On Jan 03, 2011
Becomrich?:

so why did we not replace Ya r adua with a northerner?
Why would you replace Yaradua with a Northerne when his deputy, by law is the natural replacement?
Are you trying to compare an elective post with established rules on replacement with a professional position that requires competence?
So you too, are a quota system Nigerian?
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 3:47am On Jan 03, 2011
Becomrich?:

you are an igbo person.

Yes, and what then?
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by Becomrich12: 3:48am On Jan 03, 2011
it is the way he was selected, look at the people who selected this person
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by aljharem11(m): 3:49am On Jan 03, 2011
omongbatic:

As an illiterate northerner, I know you feel VERY insecure. But what do you want me to do about it? Igbos are VERY competent people and I make no apologies. BTW, in these matters, I do not care about any other tribe, as it is not my business to do so. You only hear me mention Yoruba, etc, in response to a mention of Igbo. In this thread, I simply stated that Igbos are very competent and have not compared them to anyone else. So take your inferiority complex to almajiriland where you belong. Ewu awusa who wants to be Igbo. Tell me, what do we gain from accepting you as Igbo? Efulefu grin grin grin grin

well  >>>  carry on with your pride and hate

God be with you

thank u for your time smiley
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 3:52am On Jan 03, 2011
Becomrich?:

it is the way he was select, look at the people who selected this person

Who selected him? Is NSE not the right body to select its head? The current head of NSE is from Edo (Mr. Ikhazobor or something like that). Read the quote below

recruitment panel made up of experts from the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), Accenture, a council member of the NSE and Emmanuel Ikhazoboh, current Interim administrator of the Exchange.
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by Becomrich12: 3:54am On Jan 03, 2011
you call me ethnics bigot, is olalade not a Yoruba man.?
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 3:54am On Jan 03, 2011
Becomrich?:

you call me ethnics bigit, is olalade not a Yoruba man.?

Does the law of NSE state that the deputy must replace the head/CEO?
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 3:55am On Jan 03, 2011
Why was Soludo not replaced by Tunde Lemo (Yoruba)?
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by Becomrich12: 3:56am On Jan 03, 2011
Do you see why people are bombing places in Nigeria.

You know what, you people should just remove us, and handle your business.
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 3:57am On Jan 03, 2011
Accenture is, in part, a recruitment company and they are only doing the job they are paid to do. They have no say in the final decision though. They identify and interview candidates.
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 3:58am On Jan 03, 2011
Becomrich?:

Do you see why people are bombing places in Nigeria.

You know what, you people should just remove us, and handle your business.

Remove yourself, just like Biafra tried to do 40 years ago. Nobody will do it for you.
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by Becomrich12: 3:58am On Jan 03, 2011
Did your people not try to replace Soludo with another Igboman, if not that we kick against it.  Igbos tried to replace Soludo with another igbo, using back door.

first of all Nairaland is own by igbo people to manipute the system. that why you edit post and others, to make other ethnics group look bad.
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 4:01am On Jan 03, 2011
Becomrich?:

Did your people not try to replace Soludo with another Igboman, if not that we kick against it.  Igbos tried to replace Soludo with another igbo, using back door.

But was he replaced with another Igbo man? And who was even that Igbo man you talk about.
Who are the we who kicked against it? So you mean after you kicked against it, they still bypassed you and gave it to Hausa/Fulani? I dey laugh.
Re: Onyema To Replace Okereke-onyiuke As Nse Boss by omongbatic: 4:02am On Jan 03, 2011
Becomerich:

All I know about Soludo was that Igbos tried to make the govt let him stay on. I did not read where they tried to replace him with another Igboman. So stop lying.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bankole Caught With Ballot Papaers! / NAWAO. GEJ Is Quite Serious About This SGF Post. Does He Know What We Don't? / Ambassador Segun Olusola Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.