Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,751 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians (60027 Views)

OKITIPUPA: A Town In Nigeria Without Electricity For over 12 Years (Pictures) / Reps Insists On Two-Month Free Electricity For Nigerians / Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by correctguy2010: 10:37am On Apr 09, 2020
I just bypassed my prepaid meter this morning. If FG and DISCO say free light, who am I to stand against it?
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by tope777(m): 10:38am On Apr 09, 2020
Efobiandrew83:
What about those using prepaid meter? Free 20k unit will go a long way..

One of the DISCO ED spoke through TVC this morning and said same will be applicable to Prepaid users.
They will find average of what you use in a month and send you credit unit of same for two months.
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by tope777(m): 10:43am On Apr 09, 2020
nisco18ng:
Wait o! I am using a prepaid meter, so would NEPA come an do bypass for me now? I
Or is there a code that will stop the meter from reading?

No!

According to one of the DISCO ED on TVC this morning concerning Prepaid users, they will check their system and verify the average of units you use per month, it will then be multiply by two months and automatically credited to your meter.
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by IamCookie(f): 10:47am On Apr 09, 2020
Well, it is important that DISCOs keep us apprised as to when the 2months free electricity will be effective from(start Date-date elapsed) and how they will cater to PREPAID meter users. I think they should draw up a FAQs for avoidance of doubt and clarity
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Harrykn: 10:48am On Apr 09, 2020
GOFRONT:
Who take Fed govt serious again?

Audio Electricity......

Man, this shit is real.
I love it.
I wish I can still have access to the kind of light we have here after corona-2019
Making it a major responsibility they don't fail, morning - evening

Thanks to those involved

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by SharonLoveth(f): 10:51am On Apr 09, 2020
maasoap:

I gave you correct response except that you didn't see it. I said that I spent on generator just because of the lockdown, didn't have any need for it before. Understood now?

Is that all
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by reiddecuti: 11:00am On Apr 09, 2020
Already, I've not seen light 4 d last 48 hours 4 my side.

Audio free light indeed.
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Taiwojon(m): 11:03am On Apr 09, 2020
SharonLoveth:

You'll soon celebrate a month of uninterrupted power supply grin
thanks
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Konection(m): 11:07am On Apr 09, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders, hope you are staying safe?

Am into Wall Screeding and P. O.P designs, so Engineers, Architects, and anyone else into building should pls show some love by patronising me on 0.7.0 3.8.1.4.4.3.5.4. (Also my watsapp number). Our jobs are perfect.

Where ever you are in Nigeria, don't hesitate to call.

Egbon Seun, no delete my message oh pls, your boy wan from you (nairaland) make am.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by ghettochild(m): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2020
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by davidtemi(m): 11:18am On Apr 09, 2020
dawnomike:
Seems like a good news but not a nice news for those using prepaid meter...
like me sad shocked
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Chatbot1234: 11:22am On Apr 09, 2020
Acidosis:

What happens to those on prepaid billing plan?

Half-baked and senseless promises

exactly what i was going to ask.
meanwhile in over 5 years or more of bedc existence we are yet to get an online payment portal to buy recharge card, shameless lots.
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:23am On Apr 09, 2020
truthfulparrot:
Which rebate? When I saw AEDC staff distributing bill this morning.

Update
I just went to AEDC office this morning to pay 90k for my March bill. The officials laughed at me when I told them about the rebate. They told me that it was just suggested and there is no official response from Discos on this.

Your faith is bigger than aso rock. This government is government of lies, deceits and propaganda. Believe them at your peril
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by mechanics(m): 11:39am On Apr 09, 2020
And who will pay for the two months of free supply of electricity to Nigerians?
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by edoairways: 11:56am On Apr 09, 2020
Egoveen:
I KNOW THAT'S WHY WE SHOULD STAY AT HOME LET THEM CAST THEIR VOTE AND PUT WHOEVER THEY LIKE IN THE SEAT OF POWER BECAUSE EVEN IF ALL OF US VOTE FOR A CANDIDATE OF OUR CHOICE THEY WILL STILL RIG IT AND PUT WHOEVER THEY WANT TO PUT THEIR,SO TELL ME WHAT'S THE ESSENCE OF STANDING IN THE SUN FOR HOURS TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU VOTE FOR YOUR PREFERED CANDIDATE BUT AT THE END THEY WILL STILL RIG THE VOTES
Those who stood on the sun how many of them are happy? Didn't Bayelsans and Imolite stood under the sun to vote?
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by fabolouz1(m): 12:01pm On Apr 09, 2020
The energy consumed all along wasn't commemorative with the amounts people are forced to pay.
I just hope after the two months ,subsequent charges won't be what will shocked consumers to their marrow.
By the way in Togo,its four months free including water, as the giant of Africa ,the least should be a year. We don suffer too much for these discos hand.
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by frozen70(f): 12:24pm On Apr 09, 2020
dawnomike:

There will definitely be a way out because majority of the rich are on it
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by pastorgaolad: 12:29pm On Apr 09, 2020
How about the prepaid meter what will happen to supply and constancy when it is free Nigeria don't celebrate yet
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by rejoice4eva(m): 12:45pm On Apr 09, 2020
1: In a saner society discos such as BEDC and their allies in government should have been prosecuted for gross crimes against humanity
2. What we actually need is regular supply electricity not the promised free darkness
3. The day the government stop taking the Nigerians for granted is the day we will start making progress
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by olaipa007: 12:56pm On Apr 09, 2020
Yimuuuu
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Adewale94(m): 1:06pm On Apr 09, 2020
truthfulparrot:
Which rebate? When I saw AEDC staff distributing bill this morning.

Update
I just went to AEDC office this morning to pay 90k for my March bill. The officials laughed at me when I told them about the rebate. They told me that it was just suggested and there is no official response from Discos on this.

AEDC officials are distributing bills in my street right now,when asked about the 2months they said when did that one start happening in Nigeria? we should be whining ourselves and they just continued their distribution...
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by senetorjboss(m): 1:08pm On Apr 09, 2020
This is an eko disco staff sharing bills in Badagry this morning.. I wish I can share the video here

Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Zigdore: 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2020
dawnomike:

u are so right Sir . Most Nigerian just need constant electricity and are ready to pay for it.
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by duduarewa(f): 1:38pm On Apr 09, 2020
Which kind hope b Dis..AEDC ust left my doorstep...brought bill of #9000
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by IMASTEX: 2:09pm On Apr 09, 2020
dawnomike:
Isn't it when you have power supply the unit will read? It is just a way of declaring official 2 months blackout. We are already counting over 2 months in my area.
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by bigtt76(f): 2:27pm On Apr 09, 2020
They will give bonuses in return?

dawnomike:
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by Bluntemperor: 3:11pm On Apr 09, 2020
Dead on arrival.
The so called DISCO have failed woefully,worst is the Ikeja Disco that have failed beyond redemption.You can't give what you don't have.They have been giving the Customers darkness,because since acquisition,they failed to augment all their equipments to new ones that can accommodate the volume of consumption.The dilapidated equipments-Transformers, Sub-Stations are overstretched and persistently break down.Yet,their monthly Bill does not reflect this.Dr GEJ-you see what you caused by giving Nigerians portage to your friends.
Too Shameful!!
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by maasoap(m): 3:42pm On Apr 09, 2020
SharonLoveth:

Is that all

That's all. Power of deduction should help you. Thanks
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by NaMeAboki: 3:53pm On Apr 09, 2020
Good gesture but so far they have been giving my area 24hrs free darkness.
Re: Discos, FG Agree On 2 Months Free Electricity For Nigerians by SharonLoveth(f): 3:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
maasoap:

That's all. Power of deduction should help you. Thanks

Is that all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Okuama Killings: Soldiers Invade Igbomotoru, Bayelsa, Burn Houses, Kill 11 / "Nigeria Is In Trouble" - FFK As Buhari Extends Vacation / See The Toilet A Local Government Chairman Built And Commissioned In Lagos (phot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.