Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:05 AM

Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG (48320 Views)

Sudan Internal War: Why It’s Difficult To Evacuate Trapped Nigerians – FG / TCN: Free Electricity Is Mere Propaganda / Why Electricity Is Cut When There Is A Rainstorm In Nigeria - IKEDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by Islie: 10:51pm On Apr 16, 2020
The two-month free power supply promised by the Nigerian government, as part of measures to reduce the effects of COVID-19 lockdown, is not for all, according to authorities.

On Thursday, the House of Representatives and stakeholders in the power sector agreed to set up a joint implementation committee to arrive at those poor and vulnerable Nigerians who will enjoy the package.

The proposed free electricity was part of the stimulus packages to alleviate the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Speaker, Femi Gbajabiamila, who was quoted in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Lanre Lasisi, said the joint panel’s mandate is to work out modalities for the proposed two-month bill waiver for the most vulnerable people in the country.

He added that the committee will identify Nigerians that will benefit from the free power supply using the number of households connected to the national grid.

Gbajabiamila said the essence of the meeting was to proffer means of alleviating the socio-economic effects of COVID-19 on Nigerians during and after the crisis through the supply of power.

He disclosed that his previous engagements with some critical power sector stakeholders were very encouraging. The Electricity Distribution Companies (DisCos) on 8th April, said it had aligned with the federal government to provide a two-month rebate of free electricity to their customers nationwide.

In a statement, the Executive Director, Research and Advocacy at the Association of Nigerian Electricity Distributors (ANED), Barrister Sunday Oduntan, said the decision was in recognition of the challenging effects of the coronavirus (COVID-19) on the economic and daily lives of the customers.

Oduntan, who is also the spokesman for the DisCos, said: “We are also completely aligned with the plans to ensure palliative measures, including free electricity supply to all Nigerians for two months, to make life easier, during the lockdown period. Details of implementation to come soon.”
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-free-electricity-not-for-all-nigerians-govt.html

1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by StandardJohn(m): 10:54pm On Apr 16, 2020
Well i have nothing to say, but i promise myself i will not be a nigerian in my next life. Tufiakwa. make una no vex me, allow make i endure the hunger wey dey nack me for this lockdown.

111 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by caprini1: 10:59pm On Apr 16, 2020
Vulnerable and poorest of the poor is the new scam words of our shameless politicians.

567 Likes 35 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by amaniro: 11:02pm On Apr 16, 2020
caprini1:
Vulnerable and poorest of the poor is the new scam words of our shameless politicians.

I swear. Imagine if you have more than 5k you won't get cash transfergrin ...only if they knew how small 5k is.

309 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by caprini1: 11:06pm On Apr 16, 2020
amaniro:

I swear. Imagine if you have more than 5k you won't get cash transfergrin ...only if they knew how small 5k is.
This lockdown really exposed the wickedness in our politicians.

441 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by Jamesbiodun(m): 11:07pm On Apr 16, 2020
bad govt show ineptitude

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by Generalnomercy: 11:09pm On Apr 16, 2020
caprini1:

Wickedness of APC and buhari that you voted for.

APC is simply evil and a plaque to mankind.

243 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by amaniro: 11:10pm On Apr 16, 2020
caprini1:

Our politicians are out of touch with reality.

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by elchapoo: 12:13am On Apr 17, 2020
caprini1:

Just the way they shared the money to the poorest of the poor in NW.

It's well

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by Nobody: 1:19am On Apr 17, 2020
amaniro:

Goan withdraw all your money and leave less than 5k in your account. They'll credit youcheesy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by SouthNigerian: 2:40am On Apr 17, 2020
caprini1:

Sometimes, the situation of this corntree will make you laff so hard that you'll suddenly burst into tears at the same time.

96 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by Sheuns(m): 5:18am On Apr 17, 2020
The poor and vulnerable again?

What about those that pay those crazy bills, taxes on businesses and income taxes. Are they telling us that we deserve nothing? Even when these our so called politicians get everything almost for free. This country is truly run by some crazy ass people parading themselves as leaders.

You said no palliatives for the non poor and vulnerable, we agreed now it’s this same poor and vulnerable that normally do not use electricity or have electricity in their communities that will still enjoy from this. The working class, business owners can still continue paying because you feel they have money. We have such useless leaders.

130 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by anochuko01(m): 5:18am On Apr 17, 2020
We're on electricity night plan in my neighborhood Because of these miscreants... If that's all we get, I'm Alright

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by Justinlean02(m): 5:18am On Apr 17, 2020
Well as useless as this nation is I'll dedicate this useless space to the FG and all our useless Politicians

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by tompkins14: 5:18am On Apr 17, 2020
caprini1:
Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by dadebayo1(m): 5:19am On Apr 17, 2020
Lolll.... Now a national anthem poor of the poorest grin How many poor of the poorest even have electricity or homes connected to power supply? They should better keep quiet instead of insulting everyone

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by tophumble(m): 5:19am On Apr 17, 2020
poor and vulnerable Nigerians is a sentence generated by this govt to favour the North

Yeye dey smell

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by Nobody: 5:20am On Apr 17, 2020
Which kind sin we commit to deserve this kind government as punishment. Can't they just understand that most of their citizen are not having inflows currently,

Money dey go out ..Money no dey come in

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by francis5051: 5:20am On Apr 17, 2020
Am not proud of this country and i regret been a Nigerian..

38 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by Muyiwaipere(m): 5:20am On Apr 17, 2020
See Jargons wey people una put a whole National for there hand Dey proudly talk.

Everybody Dey OYO.

Make somebody do giveaway

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by DirtyGold: 5:20am On Apr 17, 2020
This government... I have nothing to say!

What's tha business?

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by Mistaicey2288: 5:21am On Apr 17, 2020
SMH! Useless administration. So na to dey randomly hand-pick those who will benefit from the nonsense 2 months power supply too same way they do with the audio 20k they're sharing around following useless registers... What happened to equal rights for citizens? Are the comfortable people not also affected by the ongoing lockdown? Are they not facing financial crisis too presently?

Even the 2 months electricity, once they begin the implementation, watch how epileptic the power supply will get... I bet it will be really worse that even the beneficiaries will get very little to use during the 2 months. Nothing is free in Naija under this useless administration.. The earlier everyone realizes that, the better for them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by whytediamond(m): 5:22am On Apr 17, 2020
C
Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by ITbomb(m): 5:23am On Apr 17, 2020
I now get the memo.

Whenever APC wants to loot they term it "for the poor and vulnerable" who have no face but billions are being given within 3 days

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by Digitalstarlite: 5:24am On Apr 17, 2020
Dis lifeless is so useless

3 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by Kingspin(m): 5:25am On Apr 17, 2020
We don't have a country
The politics to help Nigeria has always been back and front. Either corrupt, deceit or things end up with embezzlement.

But remember this is a once in a lifetime scenario we are facing today.

And for the past 55years Nigeria have nothing to offer its citizens in this unfortunate situation.

MTN, Glo, and all those billionaire companies and individuals who have established and enriched themselves over the decades through the public now is the time to pay back.

5 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by nedekid: 5:26am On Apr 17, 2020
caprini1:
Especially buhari.

9 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by Kenneth10110(m): 5:26am On Apr 17, 2020
We already know there is no equal rights of citizens in this Government we won't be surprised if the North benefit most we know Buhari AKA sinzu money isn't interested in the unity of Nigeria. Next might be people that pay the Electricity bills regularly won't enjoy it or only the poorest regions mostly in the north will benefit.

11 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by Emmanuelhector(m): 5:27am On Apr 17, 2020
Spit on this government.. puah

1 Like

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by thegloor: 5:27am On Apr 17, 2020
Another committee? How many weeks will they use to identify the poorest of the poor in our country while the tax payers and businesses are left stranded AGAIN

2 Likes

Re: Lockdown: Free Electricity Is Not For All Nigerians – FG by benzema8(m): 5:27am On Apr 17, 2020
social media warriors

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bayelsa Bombing & Water Pollution: When Did Nigerians Become This silly? / Ali Kachalla: Unveiling The Zamfara Terror Kingpin Who Downed NAF Jet / Rochas Okorocha Storms Demolished Ekeukwu Market With Security Operatives.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.