Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them (66758 Views)

Man Discovered He Is Not The Father Of His Children Through Wife's Chat / My Landlord Does Not See Us As Tenants / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Goluc: 12:39pm On Apr 10, 2020
Bad up bringing at work. If he continues doing this, when shall he retire for them to take over the domestic chores baton. Too bad.. this is not love

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Reknat: 1:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
Plead:

Beat them up for? All this beat beat mentality.

90% of Nigerian guys/men won’t last upto 1 year in America or Europe before being thrown into prisons. Y’all have a very fvcked up mentality about every sphere of your life.
Shut ur fvcking trap!!
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by MrMacinterchi1: 1:45pm On Apr 10, 2020
Bluehill1051:
Why don't you help him sometimes?
In my own opinion, you're worse than those children. It is your type that will rather take photos of a dying person than actually saving them.

You are very crazy in an extraordinary way. Including all those that like this your stupid comment.
You have the same spoiled rotten attitude with the landlord's children that why you are blind to see clearly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by MrMacinterchi1: 1:48pm On Apr 10, 2020
AFONAMARO:

I weep for comments like this. You mean he should go do chores for a man with 6 irresponsible fools so he could be taken serious?

I bet you go around looking for people to assist with chores in your vicinity.

Father Christmas!

Either the guy is stupid or just seeking attention. Very stupid way to think. he will do worse if he is a father or become one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by MrMacinterchi1: 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2020
veave:
You're an adult......
1. You can call them aside especially the boys and advice them one on one.

2. Start chooking the children word small small. Make it public where people are at least shame go catch them.

3. You can talk to their mother, put fear in her body. Tell her the too much work will kill her husband fast and she'll be a widow.

4. Mind your business.

I strongly advise that you go with number 4. Thanks

lol you're funny and sensible. These are valid points and suggestions, if he's bold enough.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by SURElee(f): 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2020
When the Bible said train up child when he is young, so so he will not depart from it at old age, it wasn't wrong.

He and his wife did a very bad job raising their 6kids.since he didn't train his kids to do chores, now he is left with over grown adults as babies at home and he is doing what they should be doing now so he and his wife can be resting.

In life, you suffer for the things you should have done that you didn't do?

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Godson32(m): 2:11pm On Apr 10, 2020
Na Buhari and APC cause am
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by hedocharles(m): 2:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
Your Consignment?
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Godson123(m): 2:39pm On Apr 10, 2020
Ofeku iku omoni,is ojojo.
Micky002:
There is this scenerio i usually observe with my landlord and his children which always makes me curious and also raises unanswered question within me. This prompt me to post this here.

My landlord is idoma by tribe and has six grown up children, three boys and three girls. He should be in his late fifties or early sixties. Here is the issue.

This man despite having grown up boys and girls always do his chores by himself while the children will be lazying around engaging in trivial discussions. This man will wash his clothes by himself while his girls, the youngest being twenty years of age will be chatting with friends in the compound. This man will go to fetch water with kegs using a wheel barrow every morning while the boys will sit outside doing nothing.

Meanwhile the water he fetches is used by every member of the house. This man can go up to three to four trips while the boys will be busy arguing about Manchester United and Chelsea with friends.

What baffles me the most is that they see nothing wrong in this because the man doesn't complain and his wife, their mother is also witnessing everything.

My question now is, is this an acceptable norm in their (Idoma) culture? For a father to be doing the house chores while the children will be playing. I'm asking because where I come from, it is unacceptable.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Prettiepearlz(f): 3:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
MrMacinterchi1:

lol you're funny and sensible. These are valid points and suggestions, if he's bold enough.
Lol, I would go with minding my business, though the situation is really sad. I also wouldn't advise him to try number 3 as you know how Nigerians think, should the man die now, they will point all fingers to the OP accusing him of killing their father and husband.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by chinebu(m): 3:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
Same issue with one of my neighbour that lives opposite me. Grown up boys and girls but this man fetches water for the household. Wash his car and cloths by himself. They will surely around discussing and chatting on their phones
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by MOnkeyBabe(f): 3:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
donbachi:
Only the kind eye my mother go look..u no go know wen u go fetch 2 drums full..unless u wan make she remind u am with garri turner.
I don't think it's about training. It's comes very natural to lend a hand, whether you are raised that way or not. They don't just want to help, period.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by MrMacinterchi1: 3:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
Prettiepearlz:

Lol, I would go with minding my business, though the situation is really sad. I also wouldn't advise him to try number 3 as you know how Nigerians think, should the man die now, they will point all fingers to the OP accusing him of killing their father and husband.

That's why I said if he's bold. I get u very well.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by ipswitch: 3:32pm On Apr 10, 2020
And may I ask, Is there a mother in that house? If the mother of a child is not good, its doubtful if that person will ever suceed in life, unlesss there is divine intervention
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by lyday60(m): 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2020
Na wa o
Bluehill1051:
Why don't you help him sometimes?
In my own opinion, you're worse than those children. It is your type that will rather take photos of a dying person than actually saving them.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by lielbree: 3:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
Chidonc:

If you don't see anything wrong in this, I pity your husband. My dad used to cook for us, fetch water etc, but when we started coming of age, he transferred fetching of water to me and cooking to my sister. Till today he still cooks when he wants, but carrying kegs to find water, God forbid. May I never be in a house and my father carry kegs to fetch water I will use while I am in good health.
What's keg and fetch water I have running taps in my house!
I also pity your wife and future children too. U guys are over bearing
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by lielbree: 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2020
Chidonc:

If you don't see anything wrong in this, I pity your husband. My dad used to cook for us, fetch water etc, but when we started coming of age, he transferred fetching of water to me and cooking to my sister. Till today he still cooks when he wants, but carrying kegs to find water, God forbid. May I never be in a house and my father carry kegs to fetch water I will use while I am in good health.
I also pity your wife and future children too. U guys are over bearing.

Did the landlord complain? Why not mind your damn business
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by AFONAMARO: 3:50pm On Apr 10, 2020
MrMacinterchi1:

Either the guy is stupid or just seeking attention. Very stupid way to think. he will do worse if he is a father or become one.

Dont mind the attention seeker
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by sonrock44: 4:02pm On Apr 10, 2020
Aproko kee you dere
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 10, 2020
I have seen so many cases like this even when they move out to their own they won't even remember the parent(s).
maybe:
1. He was bad to the family when he young and affluent.
2. He didn't the wife (their mother right) right.
Hence they don't care abt him. Every family has their own story.

3. Face ur front, compound aproko nor dey end well.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Chidonc(m): 5:58pm On Apr 10, 2020
lielbree:

I also pity your wife and future children too. U guys are over bearing.

Did the landlord complain? Why not mind your damn business
I hope your parents had the same. Yes, I won't be raising useless kids.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by olaayodele(m): 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2020
Fortissimo502:
Mind your business.

I'm sure that you are one of the Idoma man children and that is the reason why you said that he should mind his business. If that is the case, you will do the same for your children.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Junkelie: 7:05pm On Apr 10, 2020
He is probably under remote control
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by 9jaRealist: 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2020
What business of yours is it?
Did the dude come to you to complain about it?

>
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nobody: 9:41pm On Apr 11, 2020
Micky002:

What baffles me the most is that they see nothing wrong in this because the man doesn't complain and his wife, their mother is also witnessing everything.

Why are you complaining for this man? Marriage and family has no formula. Face ur family, mind ur business.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by blackboy(m): 10:48am On Apr 12, 2020
I always try to tell people to mind their business. Your family problems are thre for you to look at and correct. No one is perfect. Everyone has a issue or problem . The landlord is washing his clothes, fetching his water. Did he call you or your family members or tenants to do his housework?

The man is a landlord. Let him do what works well for him. How he raises his children so long as no crime let it be.

You want him to be lazing around the house, grow fat and catch stroke or heart attack?

It is not until you go to the gym before you can keep fit. Does he go to their schools to wash their clothes or at home washes the kids clothes . Learn from him and take the good and leave the bad.

Your land lord wont wear tight clothes and go jogging around the town or go pay thousands of Naira to a gym when around his house he can keep fit.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by lielbree: 5:35pm On Apr 14, 2020
Chidonc:

I hope your parents had the same. Yes, I won't be raising useless kids.
My parents have running water but guess What? My dad still enjoy going to get his drinking water by himself! He won't let my brother that stays with him to do it. Drives him to anywhere he is going.
He goes to market cooks etc. He is 80years old!

I repeat OP SHOULD MIND HIS BUSINESS!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

My Husband Only Sleeps With Me When We Need To Have A Baby / Man Grabs Nude Wife's Boobs In Maternity Photoshoot / The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.