Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,527 members, 7,823,286 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them (66773 Views)

Man Discovered He Is Not The Father Of His Children Through Wife's Chat / My Landlord Does Not See Us As Tenants / American Mum Pays Her Kids Salary For Doing House Chores (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by NextBuhari: 8:53am On Apr 10, 2020
Idoma women are alpha females. Very common to see them exert dominance and control over their husbands.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 10, 2020
NobleAngell:
That kind of upbringing is the reason for the violence these days. Lack of empathy. Everyone is just so cold. How can I sit and watch my dad fetching water while I'm there?
I kuku know the parents I have. If I say I don't have sense, they will install it for me. Just one slap from my mom and I'm restored back to factory settings.

��
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by NextBuhari: 8:54am On Apr 10, 2020
Idoma women are alpha females. Very common to see them exert dominance and control over their husbands. It's clear the man isn't in charge of his home.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by alhaji04: 8:58am On Apr 10, 2020
donbachi:
Only the kind eye my mother go look..u no go know wen u go fetch 2 drums full..unless u wan make she remind u am with garri turner.
baba, abeg no make me laugh lol. some of us our mama no dey take shiit. na only eye look o, u don fetch 2 drums.. lol
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Mummymahdi(f): 8:59am On Apr 10, 2020
The wife is the biggest contributor to this. It depends on how she regards her husband, the level of respect matters . the kids are seeing him ow his wife regards him. Himself has failed in training the kids. At 6 to 7years each child should have a specific work to be doing for the family each day

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Justbehave(m): 9:02am On Apr 10, 2020
Mummymahdi:
The wife is the biggest contributor to this. It depends on how she regards her husband, the level of respect matters . the kids are seeing him ow his wife regards him. Himself has failed in training the kids. At 6 to 7years each child should have a specific work to be doing for the family each day
NICE ONE.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Trovet: 9:04am On Apr 10, 2020
[quote author=Fortissimo502 post=88260281]Mind your business. [P/quote] Onye Ara!!!
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nehemz(m): 9:10am On Apr 10, 2020
Some old men like doing some work by themselves but, ask one of the child why are they not helping there parents.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by smokeyupu(m): 9:28am On Apr 10, 2020
Its not normal. I'm Idoma and its proper or acceptable for this to happen.
He must be under a spell.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by dododawa1: 9:36am On Apr 10, 2020
If you believe this story,you are the man.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by valirex: 9:44am On Apr 10, 2020
[s]
Micky002:
There is this scenerio i usually observe with my landlord and his children which always makes me curious and also raises unanswered question within me. This prompt me to post this here.

My landlord is idoma by tribe and has six grown up children, three boys and three girls. He should be in his late fifties or early sixties. Here is the issue.

This man despite having grown up boys and girls always do his chores by himself while the children will be lazying around engaging in trivial discussions. This man will wash his clothes by himself while his girls, the youngest being twenty years of age will be chatting with friends in the compound. This man will go to fetch water with kegs using a wheel barrow every morning while the boys will sit outside doing nothing.

Meanwhile the water he fetches is used by every member of the house. This man can go up to three to four trips while the boys will be busy arguing about Manchester United and Chelsea with friends.

What baffles me the most is that they see nothing wrong in this because the man doesn't complain and his wife, their mother is also witnessing everything.

My question now is, is this an acceptable norm in their (Idoma) culture? For a father to be doing the house chores while the children will be playing. I'm asking because where I come from, it is unacceptable.
[/s]

So what's your business. Stupid Nigerians like you will never mind their business that's why you are still a tenant, nonsense. in northern Nigerian it's mostly the men who sell at the market and their women are at home.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by DesChyko: 9:54am On Apr 10, 2020
Some men are like that. I know an Igbo man. House chores to him are nothing. He sweeps the compound, washes the clothes of every member of the family, mop house floors, general house chores e.t.c.
Note, the children are not lazy. They also fetch water and do various home stuffs but he enjoys doing these things. Does them with a smile. Sometimes, I take some bottles of beer to go keep him company and he gists happily all the while.
He has a job though, yet this doesn't stop him from doing this while at home.
The lesson here is, life doesn't come with an instruction manual. Do your thing how it gives you joy to.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by crackland: 9:59am On Apr 10, 2020
bukhety:

i wish i can like your comment hundred times. my thoughts exactly. lets even assume the children are even end time children, cant the wife help out? who we marry will either make or mar us.
Apart from helping out, she could also be talking to the children to not sit around and watch their aged father do all that work.

But of course, she has a hand in the matter.
No doubt about it.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Dshocker(m): 10:04am On Apr 10, 2020
veave:
You're an adult......
1. You can call them aside especially the boys and advice them one on one.

2. Start chooking the children word small small. Make it public where people are at least shame go catch them.

3. You can talk to their mother, put fear in her body. Tell her the too much work will kill her husband fast and she'll be a widow.

4. Mind your business.

I strongly advise that you go with number 4. Thanks

They could kill him,so its best he/she mind their business
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by zoedew: 10:06am On Apr 10, 2020
NobleAngell:
That kind of upbringing is the reason for the violence these days. Lack of empathy. Everyone is just so cold. How can I sit and watch my dad fetching water while I'm there?
I kuku know the parents I have. If I say I don't have sense, they will install it for me. Just one slap from my mom and I'm restored back to factory settings.

I got the first of two slaps ever I got in life from my mum who won’t take nonsense from any of us she raised in our home! At 14 I could make smooth Amala for a family of five! Today am better of for the home training she gave me!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Efiko(m): 10:10am On Apr 10, 2020
chii8:
Something isn't right somewhere, either you mind your business or you pray for the man....
This is not a prayer problem plssssssss;
Not all problems are prayer problem. A visit from one respected no-nonsense uncle/anty will fix this shit permanently
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Heavance(m): 10:24am On Apr 10, 2020
Bluehill1051:
Why don't you help him sometimes?
In my own opinion, you're worse than those children. It is your type that will rather take photos of a dying person than actually saving them.
Please ban this your opinion...
Please do as fast as possible

He has irresponsible children, and your opinion is thinking he should help irresponsible children?
Probably he didn't let them grow doing chores, or there is more than meet the eyes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Myself2(m): 10:36am On Apr 10, 2020
starbuck:
He is reaping the fruits of his labor �‍♀️�‍♀️..

'Train a child in the way ohe/she would go, and when they are old, they won't depart from it'

I hope some of our digital Nairaland parents learn from this.. undecided undecided

Apart from that, as long as the wife is still alive, then look no further for the source of that problem. She has gone to tie the husband in the spirit realm and turned him to her slave

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by chii8(f): 10:43am On Apr 10, 2020
Efiko:

This is not a prayer problem plssssssss;
Not all problems are prayer problem. A visit from one respected no-nonsense uncle/anty will fix this shit permanently

And you think that the best way to solve family issues is violenceOk ooo, anyway, this is nairaland.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by sweetrace(f): 10:53am On Apr 10, 2020
AFONAMARO:

I weep for comments like this. You mean he should go do chores for a man with 6 irresponsible fools so he could be taken serious?

I bet you go around looking for people to assist with chores in your vicinity.

Father Christmas!

I actually weep for you. You’re obviously not refined, well brought up or well schooled. Instead of coming to Nairaland to wail, if he is so concerned, he should help the man. Maybe the kids will join. Olofofos who can’t mind their business but keep looking for entertainment in the lives of others. Don’t bother with your uncouth response as I won’t read it.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Jadeng: 10:53am On Apr 10, 2020
Micky002:
There is this scenerio i usually observe with my landlord and his children which always makes me curious and also raises unanswered question within me. This prompt me to post this here.

My landlord is idoma by tribe and has six grown up children, three boys and three girls. He should be in his late fifties or early sixties. Here is the issue.

This man despite having grown up boys and girls always do his chores by himself while the children will be lazying around engaging in trivial discussions. This man will wash his clothes by himself while his girls, the youngest being twenty years of age will be chatting with friends in the compound. This man will go to fetch water with kegs using a wheel barrow every morning while the boys will sit outside doing nothing.

Meanwhile the water he fetches is used by every member of the house. This man can go up to three to four trips while the boys will be busy arguing about Manchester United and Chelsea with friends.

What baffles me the most is that they see nothing wrong in this because the man doesn't complain and his wife, their mother is also witnessing everything.

My question now is, is this an acceptable norm in their (Idoma) culture? For a father to be doing the house chores while the children will be playing. I'm asking because where I come from, it is unacceptable.

I am from that area and I am telling you that, this is NOT normal !
1. Is his wife of same tribe too? Cus a lot of gold diggers and expert in tying their husbands o!
2. This man could be going through hell at home and the children may have taken sides with their mother due to brainwash. I am sure if you go close to the man and he opens up, you will be shocked.
The resultant effect of this, is the children will turnout very bad in society and would not be able to handle marriage.
4. If I were in your position, I will gladly offer to help him fetch the water and do his laundry in the presence of his useless children ! No need engage them in any talk...
Let shame come upon them all.

I pray that the Spirit of God will locate him and set him free in Jesus Name.
Amen !
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Omobada(m): 11:13am On Apr 10, 2020
AFONAMARO:

I weep for comments like this. You mean he should go do chores for a man with 6 irresponsible fools so he could be taken serious?

Father Christmas!
No, he's right. One can deliberately assist the man once in the presence of his children purposely to teach them something or to prove a point or at least to see what their reactions will be.
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Emmani360(m): 11:17am On Apr 10, 2020
It's most likely how they were trained. Hopefully this will open the eyes of the so called "progressive parents" that don't believe in disciplining a child when he/she goes out of line but will say "we correct our child with love", well their is no love like tough love.
Their is this young mother that always come to buy things from my mom's shop and most times that i have been there and she comes, the small daughter will start pointing at sweet or juice and before you know she will throw a tantrum and the mother will buy the sweet/juice and most of the time she will owe my mom for that because she doesn't work and the only money she gets comes from N-power. Make no mistake, It's good to give your child the good things of life when you have it but it's bad to reward his/her bad behavior. Buying her sweet/juice because she is crying and rolling on the ground is just a way of reinforcing that her bad behavior and mindset that she can blackmail you into buying her anything by throwing a tantrum. Some will say "but he/she is still a child", well that child will grow up and beat you up for not giving him/her money for weed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by silverkings: 11:17am On Apr 10, 2020
Bluehill1051:
Why don't you help him sometimes?
In my own opinion, you're worse than those children. It is your type that will rather take photos of a dying person than actually saving them.
Sense is very far away from you. you no get one atom of sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by AFONAMARO: 11:29am On Apr 10, 2020
sweetrace:

I actually weep for you. You’re obviously not refined, well brought up or well schooled. Instead of coming to Nairaland to wail, if he is so concerned, he should help the man. Maybe the kids will join. Olofofos who can’t mind their business but keep looking for entertainment in the lives of others. Don’t bother with your uncouth response as I won’t read it.

You clearly lack manners

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by AFONAMARO: 11:32am On Apr 10, 2020
Omobada:

No, he's right. One can deliberately assist the man once in the presence of his children purposely to teach them something or to prove a point or at least to see what their reactions will be.

If the man had raised his kids properly, there wouldn't have been need for another person's child to come show his kids example.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Nellykuch: 11:39am On Apr 10, 2020
Go check the small bottle inside their mama wardrobe, the man is safely locked up in there. Man with SIX grown adults? Adults that ain't disabled in anyway??
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Ajibade123(m): 11:51am On Apr 10, 2020
since when I have known my dad I have never seen him fetch water or wash ordinary handkerchief before
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by emeone: 12:05pm On Apr 10, 2020
It's not acceptable...
Fury should blow the adult children..
grin grin cool

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by Efiko(m): 12:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Not violent issues, it's just a failure of parenting and over time the parent lost the ability to speak to their kids due to "love" or other reasons. This situation is common in our society.

If they could afford they could have hire house help to do the chores to avoid "stressing the kid"
chii8:

And you think that the best way to solve family issues is violenceOk ooo, anyway, this is nairaland.

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by iso604: 12:20pm On Apr 10, 2020
collitexnaira:

Shut up niggar, there was a reason you were created with brain. Use it.

Jump inside river
Re: My Landlord Does House Chores For His Children, Fetches Water For Them by placeofallure(f): 12:22pm On Apr 10, 2020
AFONAMARO:

Father Christmas!

The way some people reason Ehn, you don't need a soothsayer to know their brains are under their slippers

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Grabs Nude Wife's Boobs In Maternity Photoshoot / My Husband Only Sleeps With Me When We Need To Have A Baby / The Menace Of Snakes In The Toilet Bowl: It's Scary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.