Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,835 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Fraud Alert ....OTP Message - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Fraud Alert ....OTP Message (961 Views)

Fraud Alert! Please Who Know Mayorall, Scammed Me Huge Amount Of Money!!! / Fraud Alert!!! First Bank Debited Me N5,842.23 / Data Bundle Fraud Alert: Beware Of Daodu Opeyemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraud Alert ....OTP Message by skedman(m): 9:23am On Apr 09, 2020
A lady just called me this morning being 9th of April, 2020 with this mobile number 08105354169 stating that she was calling from zenith Bank and later changed it to Firstbank when I pretended not to hear her in the first place .

I had to shout at her with annoyance and with a lot of insults

This is not fair, that was how they collected the last penny of an hausa man with this same logic and requesting for his OTP .

The painfully aspect is that they are targeting the illiterate who has little or no money in the bank .

Let the bankers enlighten us more on what to do and how they know I have an account with both banks because it is really amazing.
Re: Fraud Alert ....OTP Message by yomi007k(m): 9:32am On Apr 09, 2020
Education has just saved you.

Education did not save the hausa man becos he doesnt believe in it.
Banks send messages everytime that indiduals should not disclose their personal information.

Keep learning...
Re: Fraud Alert ....OTP Message by davillian(m): 11:03am On Apr 09, 2020
From my understanding
For someone to request your otp means they have your card number, your card password and the 3 digit number at the back of the card...
For them to complete the transactions they need your otp...
Its amazing

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraud Alert ....OTP Message by PureGoldh(m): 11:10am On Apr 09, 2020
See eeh...Na their new format be that....Dem go send you message...if you no call them up...they will jejely call you in the next Two or three days.

If you happen to say Hello first and your voice sounds masculine...They will give the phone to a lady so as to make you flow along.

If you happen to be a girl...na the guy go follow you talk.

One thing is sure...there is no way your bank will call you just for OTP or BVN verification.

Play smart and stay safe fam

1 Like

Re: Fraud Alert ....OTP Message by Goldenboy10(m): 12:54pm On Apr 09, 2020
What the hell is OTP angry angry
Re: Fraud Alert ....OTP Message by Nobody: 1:41pm On Apr 09, 2020
Goldenboy10:
What the hell is OTP angry angry
OTP means One Time Password.
Some digits or sometimes mixed with letters sent as SMS to your phone (number) to confirm that your identity is valid, and that you are really responsible for a transaction in waiting.
Re: Fraud Alert ....OTP Message by linusnneji238(m): 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2020
A friend of mine narrated a fraud case that was perpetuated on his friend, a first bank customer. After viewing the alerts on the victim' s phone I was able to deduce that fraudster downloaded the victim's bank app and registered her on a different device.

The fraudsters called her to supply the OTP (one time password) that was sent to her phone, Wich she did. She also gave them her ATM � card details and that was how they wiped off all her money.

During this lockdown period, celebrities post giveaways (out of their magnanimity) and we see people posting their account details, on the other hand they have made themselves vulnerable to fraud.

We just need to be very careful with sensitive information.

And whenever defrauded or know someone bthat was defrauded, let us report such incidents to the appropriate agencies; police, efcc, the bank and also CBN. The fraudsters could be traced and apprehended.

Let's watch our backs and be our brother's keeper.
Re: Fraud Alert ....OTP Message by Goldenboy10(m): 2:39pm On Apr 09, 2020
toniblacman:

OTP means One Time Password.
Some digits or sometimes mixed with letters sent as SMS to your phone (number) to confirm that your identity is valid, and that you are really responsible for a transaction in waiting.
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

North Korea Supreme Leader Kim Jong Un Dead After Botched Heart Surgery (video) / Killings By Herdsmen In Benue State. Graphic Photos. / RCCG Pastor Paid Me 1.5 Million To Kill Uwa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.