Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,892 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | (1185 Views)

Idris Wada Picks Up PDP Nomination Form Today (Photos) / Shut Up, PDP Governors Lavished State Funds On You – Tuface Told / Dr Olusola Saraki Is Not Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | by olaeday(m): 10:42am On Jan 03, 2011
Olusola Saraki opts for
ACPN •Mops up PDP cards in Kwara | Monday, 03 January 2011 POLITICS in Kwara State has started assuming a new dimension, as the chairman of the Northern Union (NU), Dr Olusola Saraki, led his loyalists to dump the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to embrace the Allied Congress Party of Nigeria (ACPN), on Sunday.
Saraki ’s defection followed a rally he organised in Ilorin, Kwara State capital on Sunday
and which was attended by thousands of his supporters, including former local government council chairmen, former senators and House of Representatives members.
Saraki ’s new party has the squirrel as its logo, with “Loyalty, Service and Unity ” as its slogan.
The defection of Saraki into ACPN is, therefore, an indication of a crack in the hegemony of the family, as the first son, Bukola, currently
the governor of the state, held on to the PDP in Kwara.
The choice of ACPN by Saraki, according to findings, was strategic, since the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC) had made efforts to have him join them.
Saraki is to use ACPN to reach out to all the existing political parties in Kwara to forge a coalition, with sufficient strength to dislodge PDP in the state.
The political differences between Saraki and his son had been the crux of the resolve by the NU chairman to leave PDP.
Before defecting from the PDP,
Saraki had vowed to neutralise the party to zero level, as he had set machinery in motion to mop up the registration cards of the PDP in Kwara.
In the past few days, loyalists, friends and supporters of the PDP chieftain
had been submitting their PDP membership cards to identify with his new political cause, and, at the last count, about 25
Ghana-must-go bags, filled with PDP membership cards, were said to have been stocked for destruction.
Investigations revealed that the resolve by the senior Saraki to enthrone Senator Gbemisola as the next governor of Kwara in the governorship election was the reason he decided to dump PDP, since the party was said not be disposed to allowing her to obtain the ticket.
Both the current governor and Senator Gbemi-sola had not been aligning politically, a development that had been impacting negatively on the governorship aspiration of the
senator, as findings revealed that the state governor had already aligned with one of the aspirants.
Saraki, who once attempted to be president in the aborted Third Republic, according to reports, had told his supporters to prepare to prove a point at the next governorship poll, scheduled for April.
With the latest development in the state, the fate of the PDP is hanging in the balance, since more PDP members are said to have defected along with Saraki.
Also, it was revealed that Senator Gbemisola is the governorship candidate of the party for general election.
Addressing his supporters at the Ile-Arugbo, Iloffa, GRA, Ilorin, Saraki said some forces in the state PDP had started to cause confusion and disunity among its members for selfish reasons.
He added that he had no problem with his son, Bukola, who is the governor of the state, adding that he had said it long time ago that Gbemisola would take over from him after his eight-year tenure, to which he agreed.
Saraki said both Bukola and Gbemisola were of the same mother.
The Kwara political icon said he was never a card-carrying member of PDP but had since 2003 remained the major pillar behind the party in the state.
“We now have a PDP that lacks cohesion, focus, direction and bereft of ideas on how to carry supporters along and win elections, ” he said. He added that the situation was so bad to the extent that most decisions of the party were based on sentiments, instead of having recourse to party guidelines and democratic norms.
The ceremony was witnessed by eminent people from and outside the state, including Gbemisola, the governorship candidate of ACPN.

tribune.com.ng/index.php/front-page-news/15568-olusola-saraki-opts-for-acpn-mops-up-pdp-cards-in-kwara
Re: Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | by Blazay(m): 10:55am On Jan 03, 2011
This is good news. The bad eggs are left to rot in the bushes without hatching baby vultures.
Re: Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | by ekubear1: 1:49pm On Jan 03, 2011
Never heard of this party before in my life before he joined it. . .
Re: Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | by nijaprince: 1:53pm On Jan 03, 2011
Na wao! Kwara State is now the private inheritance of the Saraki's; from father to son to daughter, ?
Re: Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | by RICHIEBOI1(m): 1:32am On Jan 04, 2011
he should have joined ACN instead.
Re: Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | by Holla2: 4:58am On Jan 04, 2011
nijaprince:

Na wao! Kwara State is now the private inheritance of the Saraki's; from father to son to daughter, ?

I wonder if there are real people living in kwara state. Seems more than 80% are ghosts. If not how can a single family claim a whole state? Is this a hamlet or village? Wonders shall neva end
Re: Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | by shevchenko(m): 5:06am On Jan 04, 2011
Why can't this man just shut up?Are the inhabitants of the state voiceless ?
Re: Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | by SegzyJoe(m): 11:06am On Jan 04, 2011
@post
Most people don't know Olusola Saraki very well. That's why many people thinks he's a joker. Well, personally i don't like his brand of politics and have actually supported different efforts to get him dethrone from Kwara politics, but it is not as easy as many people thought.

With this latest decampng, I can bet anyone that PDP reign is over in Kwara State. People should remember that Olusola Saraki was initially in ANPP when had problem with former Gov Lawal he moved to PDP and that was the end of ANPP in Kwara. Whenever Saraki moves into a party, he practically takes over such party, ACPN will not be exception.

Again Saraki has been in this game for close to 40yrs, Bukola is just playing the smart guy, without Oloye Bukola cannot even win an LG Chairman. By the way, I laugh at all the gubernatorial candidates, some of them as Oloye said could not even win election on their street, everybody is banking on the machinery of the PDP but now Oloye has removed the carpet under their foot. We will see how far. The truth is Saraki Oloye knows how to win election, Bukola don't know anything about winning election.

The funny thing is that Oloye has strong grassroot base of loyal voters that spanned four decades, come rain, come shine, they re loyal to him. These people can stay 12 hours on the queue, what most educated people will not do, these people are ready to do it for Saraki. In fact if Oloye put forward a cow, that cow will win election in Kwara. They don't want to know the person as lon as Oloye said they should vote for him.

I think people should fsit down and study Oloye's strategy and logic rather than making unnecessary noise everywhere. I tried to do this some yrs back and I discovered that Oloye's relationship with Kwara voters spanned 4 decades, and his generousity is not limited to civilian regime, throughout all the military years Oloye has always stand by his people, no single month in of all these 4 decades that this man will not give food stuff, money, pay school fees, pay hospital bills etc of the downtroden in major city in Kwara, now to my enlightened coleagues, this is nonsence, but it is that nonsence that has been winning election for him all these years.

If you have any problem, all you need is to get to baba Oloye, if that problem is not beyong human capacityy, you can be sure that that problem is solved. Even in the midlle of the night, Oloye will attend to you. . This man has built a family of voters that will not respond to logic and common sense in voting.

Another strategy commonly used by Oloye is that on the eve of any election, he will let loose some dangerous thugs that will be shooting round the city just to create fear so that all of you elites that value your life will not come out to vote, wheareas he would have assured all his loyalist not to bother about it but just go ahead and cast their vote. And trust me, Oloye has one of the most sophisticated and efficent political communication channel inn Kwara state. .
Again, Oloye always has his own ballot boxes, if you like vote for your candidates, Oloye candidates will still win, don't ask me how, just wait for this year election to confirm for your selves. From the commissioner of police that will be in Kwara stte to the INEC Resident Commissioner, Oloyes is always ahead of others in electioneering strategy.

I won't say more than this for now, I will return to this thread when Gbemisola is returned to Government House and when Bukola must have returned to beg for the forgiveness of his father.
Re: Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | by Holla2: 4:57pm On Jan 04, 2011
SegzyJoe:

@post
Most people don't know Olusola Saraki very well. That's why many people thinks he's a joker. Well, personally i don't like his brand of politics and have actually supported different efforts to get him dethrone from Kwara politics, but it is not as easy as many people thought.

With this latest decampng, I can bet anyone that PDP reign is over in Kwara State. People should remember that Olusola Saraki was initially in ANPP when had problem with former Gov Lawal he moved to PDP and that was the end of ANPP in Kwara. Whenever Saraki moves into a party, he practically takes over such party, ACPN will not be exception.

Again Saraki has been in this game for close to 40yrs, Bukola is just playing the smart guy, without Oloye Bukola cannot even win an LG Chairman. By the way, I laugh at all the gubernatorial candidates, some of them as Oloye said could not even win election on their street, everybody is banking on the machinery of the PDP but now Oloye has removed the carpet under their foot. We will see how far. The truth is Saraki Oloye knows how to win election, Bukola don't know anything about winning election.

The funny thing is that Oloye has strong grassroot base of loyal voters that spanned four decades, come rain, come shine, they re loyal to him. These people can stay 12 hours on the queue, what most educated people will not do, these people are ready to do it for Saraki. In fact if Oloye put forward a cow, that cow will win election in Kwara. They don't want to know the person as lon as Oloye said they should vote for him.

I think people should fsit down and study Oloye's strategy and logic rather than making unnecessary noise everywhere. I tried to do this some yrs back and I discovered that Oloye's relationship with Kwara voters spanned 4 decades, and his generousity is not limited to civilian regime, throughout all the military years Oloye has always stand by his people, no single month in of all these 4 decades that this man will not give food stuff, money, pay school fees, pay hospital bills etc of the downtroden in major city in Kwara, now to my enlightened coleagues, this is nonsence, but it is that nonsence that has been winning election for him all these years.

If you have any problem, all you need is to get to baba Oloye, if that problem is not beyong human capacityy, you can be sure that that problem is solved. Even in the midlle of the night, Oloye will attend to you. . This man has built a family of voters that will not respond to logic and common sense in voting.

Another strategy commonly used by Oloye is that on the eve of any election, he will let loose some dangerous thugs that will be shooting round the city just to create fear so that all of you elites that value your life will not come out to vote, wheareas he would have assured all his loyalist not to bother about it but just go ahead and cast their vote. And trust me, Oloye has one of the most sophisticated and efficent political communication channel inn Kwara state. .
Again, Oloye always has his own ballot boxes, if you like vote for your candidates, Oloye candidates will still win, don't ask me how, just wait for this year election to confirm for your selves. From the commissioner of police that will be in Kwara stte to the INEC Resident Commissioner, Oloyes is always ahead of others in electioneering strategy.

I won't say more than this for now, I will return to this thread when Gbemisola is returned to Government House and when Bukola must have returned to beg for the forgiveness of his father.

hmmn, really interesting. But something can still be done. We dont expect opposition to overthrow Oloye's platform overnight. Just imagine what could have happened if ACN didnt stand up against PDP. Persistence is the key. More people need to stand up in your state. The very thought of one man determines the future is most annoying. Did u just say four decades? You guys had better wake up!
Re: Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | by manuch(m): 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2011
it seems he is going down the wrong path
Re: Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | by 9ijaMan: 8:38pm On Jan 04, 2011
SegzyJoe:

@post

Well said. You really sabi the man. However, where I differ a little with you is on the issue of Gbemi. Even Saraki's political base are averse to Gebmi's candidature. During my recent visit to Ilorin, most I spoke with even claimed Oloye could not pray Jumat in any major central mosque within the city 'cos the people simply don't want Gbemi.

Whiel I agree he has his base of supporters and voters, I hope and pray he fails in his attempt to install Gbemi.
Re: Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | by juman(m): 9:26pm On Jan 04, 2011
Baba (Oloye) Saraki should retire from politics, handover Kwara State to Gov. Bukola and let Senator Gbemi return to the Senate. Even according to the record, Baba Saraki is an old man of 77 years old. He is as old as chief Ojukwu. He should not risk his health by campainging from one village to other as he always does during election.
Definitely Oloye owns Kwara State politically, Gov Bukola is not his match in Kwara politics at all. But Gov. Bukola is his son and now opponent. This is unnessary public shame. Because both of them are fighting for their pocket not fighting for the masses.
Re: Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jan 04, 2011
What should we expect from citizens of a state that are neither here nor there, neither hausa nor yoruba? They are in a perpetual state of confused mindset which gave the saraki family an ochestrated plan to own a whole state, a state in a sovereign country! Kwara is a joke and its citizens? Wouldnt want to call them names, However we are all witnesses to Adelabus brand of amala politics during his time. Time always tell. SHAME ON KWARANS,
Re: Olusola Saraki Opts For Acpn •mops Up Pdp Cards In Kwara | by stormm: 7:15am On Jan 05, 2011
@SegzyJoe,

I'm really impressed with your understanding of Oloye's politics. Pls tell these armchair analysts, the hold on Kwara is Oloye's bargaining power. His reach extended to Kogi until the excision(Old Kwara). A man who confesses no love lost with Ilorin elites sure knows his politics.

ACPN will win in Kwara and Oloye will deliver Kwara to Jonathan.

(1) (Reply)

Mtn Nigeria Rakes In N749 Billion Revenues / Breaking News! Goodluck Jonathan Declared Winner! / Ohakim Has No Hand In The Suspension Of Minister For Interior

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.