Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

Covid 19:Foods That Can Boost Your Immune System - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Covid 19:Foods That Can Boost Your Immune System (831 Views)

Top Foods That Improve Your Sex Life (Photos) / Foods That Can Help You Look Younger / 10 Foods That Will Help You Gain Weight! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Covid 19:Foods That Can Boost Your Immune System by SmartBam: 5:38am On Apr 10, 2020
Covid-19: 5 affordable foods to boost your immune system
Staying at home during the COVID-19 pandemic is challenging for everyone. We all have to eat, our choices of food right now should help boost our immune system. one of the key ways to a healthy immune system is eating right.

Why do I need to boost my Immune system?
My body stands a better chance in the fight against the pandemic if I have a strong immune system.

What type of food can boost my immune system?
Here is a list of foods that can boost your system in that regard.

Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits contains Vitamin C which helps in the increase of production of white blood cells. Popular citrus fruits include: grapefruit, oranges, tangerines, lemons, limes, etc.

Red bell peppers: Also known as ‘Tatashe’ actually contain twice as much vitamin C as citrus (Healthline). Many studies has shown it to support the immune system.

Spices: Ginger, garlic, turmeric, and capsaicin (from chili peppers) can be easily added to soups, stews, stir-frys also help in boosting the body system.

Garlic: Garlic’s immune-boosting properties seem to come from a heavy concentration of sulfur-containing compounds, such as allicin.

Green tea: According to Healthline, "Green tea is also a good source of the amino acid L-theanine. L-theanine may aid in the production of germ-fighting compounds in your T-cells". "Where green tea really excels is in its levels of epigallocatechin gallate, or EGCG, another powerful antioxidant. EGCG has been shown to enhance immune function.

Magnesium-rich foods : may help in boosting your immune system. Examples are legumes, nuts, seeds, leafy greens, and whole grains.

Some more...
Pawpaw, kiwi, spinach, vegetables and greek yoghurt(avoid for now) are just as great at making your immune system better.

Immediately you get home after shopping, don’t forget to disinfect your packaged food items wearing a gloves. Wipe down the exterior packaging with disinfectant or alcohol e.g cereals. Wash all vegetables and fruits in a large bowl of water. Don’t forget to wash your hands after removing your gloves. It may sound ridiculous. Hot foods are safer. Avoid cold food like salad and anything that cannot be cooked for your safety. You can’t control the behavior of others but you can surely control your own.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Covid 19:Foods That Can Boost Your Immune System by Kingdollar28(m): 5:51am On Apr 10, 2020
cheesy

U try my brother.....

But
Listen; even with all this protocols,person wey go die,go still die... grin

Just do it best and leave d rest�
Re: Covid 19:Foods That Can Boost Your Immune System by merieam16(f): 7:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
okay
Re: Covid 19:Foods That Can Boost Your Immune System by SmartBam: 5:36pm On Nov 04, 2020
Earlier on I talked about foods that boost immunity. I feel it's necessary to update this thread. I realized that there are so many unhealthy food practices that fruit vendors subject customers to. These unsafe practices such as artificial ripening of fruits, unapproved preservation methodology, and many other unhealthy practices can cause infection and reduce the body’s immune defenses. I don’t want to talk about those Aboki oranges in the wheelbarrow…

But you don’t want this

I just discovered an easy way out of getting the recommended daily dose of Vitamin-C needed by the body. After running a body check, the doctor said, you lack vitamin-C! Me that I have been patronizing Abokis’ fruits and eating vegetables. Where did all the vitamin C go.

Then I came across this Vitamin-C tablet, Minavit, a very good immune support. one tablet is recommended per day and each tablet is (200mg). I chewed so much during the Covid period and my body had this special feeling especially this particular one anytime I lick it. It's ordered. I also tried some Vitamin-c tablets available in the Nigerian market. Each tablet is (100mg). There is the colored and white one. I love my vitamin-C colored because it's sweet. I can attest to the fact that Vitamin–C tablet is a rich nutritional supplement because it has worked for me.

Next time before you near that fruit wheelbarrow because your body lacks the daily recommended vitamin-c dose for the body, remember you have better options.

(1) (Reply)

Pumpkin Leaves Medicinal Use / Can You Eat This Cake? / How To Use Your Early Morning Urine To Get Rid Of Evil Domination In Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.