Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:20 AM

Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO (796 Views)

COVID-19: Buring Bodies Of Victims From Around The World (Photos) / Dead Coronavirus Victims In Italy Carried By Military Trucks / Latest Worldwide Cases Of Coronavirus (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by Nobody: 7:18pm On Apr 10, 2020
A patient infected by coronavirus receiving treatment by an Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) at the Red Cross hospital in Wuhan in China's central Hubei province.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) says that except in cases of hemorrhagic fevers such as Ebola, Marburg and cholera, dead bodies are generally not infectious.

WHO said this in its interim guidance on ‘Infection Prevention and Control for safe management of a dead body in the context of COVID-19’.

It said that only the lungs of patients with pandemic influenza, if handled improperly during an autopsy, could be infectious.

“Otherwise, cadavers do not transmit disease. It is a common myth that persons who have died of a communicable disease should be cremated, but this is not true.

"Cremation is a matter of cultural choice and available resources,” it said.

WHO added that to date, there was no evidence of persons having become infected from exposure to the bodies of persons who died from COVID-19.

It said that people may die of COVID-19 in the health care facilities, home or in other locations, adding that the safety and well-being of everyone who tends to bodies should be the first priority.

“Before attending to a body, people should ensure that the necessary hand hygiene and personal protective equipment (PPE) supplies are available.

“The dignity of the dead, their cultural and religious traditions, and their families should be respected and protected throughout.

“Hasty disposal of a dead from COVID-19 should be avoided,” it said.

WHO further added that personnel who interact with the body (health care or mortuary staff, or the burial team) should ensure they apply standard precautions.

It said that the precaution should include hand hygiene before and after interaction with the body, and the environment; and use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment according to the level of interaction with the body.

“Ensure that any body fluids leaking from orifices are contained; keep both the movement and handling of the body to a minimum.

“Wrap body in cloth and transfer it as soon as possible to the mortuary area; there is no need to disinfect the body before transfer to the mortuary area,” it said.

It added that children, adults over 60 years, and immunosuppressive persons should not directly interact with the body. “Give the family clear instructions not to touch or kiss the body.

"Although burials should take place in a timely manner, in accordance with local practices, funeral ceremonies not involving the burial should be postponed, as much as possible, until the end of the pandemic.

“If a ceremony is held, the number of participants should be limited. Participants should observe physical distancing at all times, plus respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene,” it said.

WHO said that the interim guidance was for all health care facilities and mortuaries, religious and public health authorities, and families, who tend to the bodies of persons who have died of suspected or confirmed COVID-19 patients.

It added that the recommendations would be subject to revision as new evidence becomes available

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/bodies-of-coronavirus-victims-not-infectious-who.html
Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by successmatters(m): 7:19pm On Apr 10, 2020
Ok
Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by Nobody: 7:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
For those with the orientation that there is apparently a correlation as regards exposure to 5g being a factor that leads to the contraction of Covid 19, this is for you.

Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by coolcharm(m): 7:24pm On Apr 10, 2020
Which WHO?

The China version abi global one

2 Likes

Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by mployer(m): 7:26pm On Apr 10, 2020
Lol.

Trust WHO at your own risk.

3 Likes

Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by DabuIIIT: 7:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
Was a bit confused Sha!!!

Giramma sef grin
Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by Konection(m): 7:36pm On Apr 10, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders, hope you are staying safe?

Am into Wall Screeding and P. O.P designs, so Engineers, Architects, and anyone else into building should pls show some love by patronising me on 0.7.0 3.8.1.4.4.3.5.4. (Also my watsapp number). Our jobs are perfect.

Where ever you are in Nigeria, don't hesitate to call.

Egbon Seun, no delete my message oh pls, your boy wan from you (nairaland) make am.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by BankyGee(m): 7:46pm On Apr 10, 2020
Konection:
Good morning Nairalanders, hope you are staying safe?

Am into Wall Screeding and P. O.P designs, so Engineers, Architects, and anyone else into building should pls show some love by patronising me on 0.7.0 3.8.1.4.4.3.5.4. (Also my watsapp number). Our jobs are perfect.

Where ever you are in Nigeria, don't hesitate to call.

Egbon Seun, no delete my message oh pls, your boy wan from you (nairaland) make am.

Thanks in anticipation
Morning? As as how?

Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by Konection(m): 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2020
BankyGee:

Morning? As as how?

No vex

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by BankyGee(m): 7:58pm On Apr 10, 2020
Konection:

No vex
Hehehe grin
Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by Konection(m): 8:02pm On Apr 10, 2020
BankyGee:

Hehehe grin

Do you have job for me?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by BankyGee(m): 8:08pm On Apr 10, 2020
Konection:

Do you have job for me?
Nope, but I'm sharing your post, maybe some of my followers might have job for you cool
Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by Konection(m): 8:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
BankyGee:

Nope, but I'm sharing your post, maybe some of my followers might have job for you cool

Thanks
Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by BankyGee(m): 8:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
Konection:

Thanks
You 'welcome smiley

Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by Oshin56(m): 9:48pm On Apr 10, 2020
Believe WHO at your own risk.

1 Like

Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by ChelseaDr(m): 10:07pm On Apr 10, 2020
The WHO is just trying to tell everyone to be very careful because the true characteristics of Covid-19 virus. The complete mode off transmission is not yet known so people should be careful.

That is the same reason the corpses are not being handed over to the relatives for burial because who knows, dead covid-19 bodies may actually be a source of transmission... Only time will tell

1 Like

Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by seunlayi(m): 12:48am On Apr 11, 2020
God will show us way
Re: Bodies Of Coronavirus Victims Not Infectious — WHO by TheGoodJoe(m): 3:18am On Apr 11, 2020
mployer:
Lol.

Trust WHO at your own risk.

Same thing I wanted to say. WHO has been a mess all through this Pandemic.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MALARIA Symptoms Can Now Be Regarded As Covid-19, Docs? / How To Have A Bigger And Wider Hips And Booty Fast / Bii Aa See Loo Awon Asiri Kankan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.