Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug (3162 Views)

Ahmed Taiwo At Lekki Panel: 'I Wish I Brought A Rifle To Try It On You' - Jokes / Nnamdi Kanu's Letter To Japanese Authorities Concerning Buhari Visit / You’ve No Powers To Try Me At CCT - Onnoghen Tells Federal Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by olatade(m): 8:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
The drug is to be tested on a total of 80 patients at Hadassah, Sourasky, Poriah Hospital in Tiberias and Soroka Hospital in Beersheba, together with researchers from Hebrew University.

Israel is among the first countries to receive an experimental Japanese drug to treat coronavirus and is testing it at hospitals, the Foreign Ministry said Monday.
Testing in China has found the flu medicine Avigan, produced by Japan’s Fujifilm Holding Corp., is helpful in treating COVID-19 in its early stages, shortening the time the patient is sick and preventing the illness from becoming more severe.
Pro-Israel Americans warn Benny Gantz…
Netanyahu, Gantz say talks will restart…

Israel recently received a first shipment of the drug. That followed weeks of work by Ambassador to Japan Yaffa Ben-Ari; Prof. Ran Nir-Paz, an expert on infectious diseases at Hadassah-University Medical Center in Jerusalem; and Dr. Esti Sayag of Sourasky Medical Center’s Ichilov Hospital in Tel Aviv.
The committee on clinical trials on humans met at Hadassah on Monday to review some promising drugs being tested on coronavirus patients and authorized experimenting with Avigan.

It is to be tested on 80 patients at Hadassah, Sourasky, Baruch Padeh Medical Center in Poriya (near Tiberias) and Soroka-University Medical Center in Beersheba.
Avigan, which was developed for influenza, is meant to shorten the duration of the illness and decrease the likelihood of other patients in the hospital catching coronavirus, Nir-Paz said.
Latest articles from Jpost

“The medicine is being used in the front lines of care in Japan,” he said. “The goal of Israeli research is to examine if the medicine is effective for this indication.”
Avigan seems the most promising out of the drugs being tested for treating coronavirus patients in early days of the infection and can help flatten the curve of patients and allow hospitals to provide better care to those in worse condition, Sayag said.
Foreign Minister Israel Katz praised the work of the embassy in Tokyo, the Foreign Ministry and Health Ministry for “successfully bringing this groundbreaking research to Israel.”
“In this challenging time, the Foreign Ministry is on the front lines of the battle against coronavirus and is leading, together with other ministries, Israel’s efforts to find necessary medical supplies and medical solutions to the virus,” he said.
Ben-Ari said she would continue working to get more doses of Avigan to Israel to help prevent infected people’s condition from deteriorating. She thanked Fujifilm for recognizing the high level of medical research conducted in Israel.
Japan plans to stockpile two million doses of Avigan, up from its current level of 700,000, Japanese media reported Sunday. It also plans to prioritize the clinical-trial process of the drug so it can be formally approved to be used in treating coronavirus patients.

https://m.jpost.com/Israel-News/Israel-among-first-to-try-experimental-Japanese-coronavirus-drug-623794?utm_source=jpost&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=boost&utm_content=04-06-20

1 Like

Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by kunleweb: 8:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nice work boys
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2020
I thought choosen people are immune to coronavirus undecided
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Sunofgod(m): 8:46pm On Apr 10, 2020
Odikwa risky....
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Nairalandmonika: 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
Imagine, and here is Africa they are talking rubbish, as if Africa is even important to the world or as if we African are wiser than Israel.

6 Likes

Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by SpecialAdviser(m): 9:01pm On Apr 10, 2020
While the world brainstorm how to stop Corona, over here we are killing ourselves with the correlation with 5G.

Talking much of "end time" stories. One world government, anti Christ, 666 etc.

Honestly if the world is left for Africa, everyone will vanish in 2 months. Had these apocalyptic people being around during the time malaria was killing people in droves the medicine will never be found.

And it annoys me most when they draw the name of our holy father Pope Francis in their madness.
We all need to repent of our sins and worry less of events that will mark the coming of Jesus.
You can die any time any day of so many things aside corona and your world ends that day. Next will be judgement.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Nbote(m): 9:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
And fools and ediots are busy making noise about vaccine testing in Africa...
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Blackfire(m): 9:21pm On Apr 10, 2020
Then came the Japanese
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Wilstino: 9:25pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nairalandmonika:
Imagine, and here is Africa they are talking rubbish, as if Africa is even important to the world or as if we African are wiser than Israel.

What do you mean?? Africa should have jumped up in joy and applaud the racist French doctor for the trial proposal in Africa??

Do you know how much vetting the Isreali's Govt. Must have done to approve the test of the Japanese drug on her citizens?

Our leaders can't be trusted to vet the trial drug to international required standard. Our leaders are corrupt, lack integrity and can't be trusted.

You may as well volunteer yourself and family to those French doctors for the trial....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Zooposki(f): 9:32pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nbote:
And fools and ediots are busy making noise about vaccine testing in Africa...

Do you know the seven children they gave the vaccines to in Senegal died within the hour?

2 Likes

Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Zooposki(f): 9:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Do you know the seven children they gave the vaccines to yesterday in Senegal died within the hour?
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Nairalandmonika: 9:37pm On Apr 10, 2020
Zooposki:

Do you know the seven children they gave the vaccines to yesterday in Senegal died within the hour?
Vaccine of covid 19?
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Zooposki(f): 9:53pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Vaccine of covid 19?

Yes
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Nairalandmonika: 9:58pm On Apr 10, 2020
Wilstino:

What do you mean?? Africa should have jumped up in joy and applaud the racist French doctor for the trial proposal in Africa??

Do you know how much vetting the Isreali's Govt. Must have done to approve the test of the Japanese drug on her citizens?

Our leaders can't be trusted to vet the trial drug to international required standard. Our leaders are corrupt, lack integrity and can't be trusted.

You may as well volunteer yourself and family to those French doctors for the trial....
The problem most of us have is misinformation, did u watch the video?
The doctors was speaking french most people didn't even know what they were saying, we just believed what the person that interpreted the video said.

The video was a 6 min video, but was edited cutting out all what the doctors said, leaving only the part where the doctors said the vaccine should be testing in Africa.

The vaccine testing they are doing it's already happening in uk, china and America. The doctors only suggest that it should be done in Africa as well.
Besides the doctors don't have say on where vaccine should be tested. It's govt that determine that.

3 Likes

Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Nairalandmonika: 9:59pm On Apr 10, 2020
Zooposki:

Yes
Oga that's a lie, you guys should stop swallowing every lie thrown at you. That's a very big fact lie.

4 Likes

Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Zooposki(f): 10:04pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Oga that's a lie, you guys should stop swallowing every lie thrown at you. That's a very big fact lie.

Seven children just died of the experimental vaccines they were given? Does it really matter what type of vaccines, even if I got that part wrong? I will still double check though.
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Auladimeji(m): 10:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nairalandmonika:
Why can you give yourself for the experiment.
You are useless to your families, local government, state government in fact the human race
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Nairalandmonika: 10:14pm On Apr 10, 2020
Zooposki:

Seven children just died of the experimental vaccines they were given? Does it really matter what type of vaccines, even if I got that part wrong? I will still double check though.

https://factcheck.afp.com/senegalese-children-did-not-die-coronavirus-vaccine-which-does-not-yet-exist
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Nairalandmonika: 10:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
Auladimeji:
Why can you give yourself for the experiment.
You are useless to your families, local government, state government in fact the human race
Are you any better?

2 Likes

Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Omobada(m): 10:19pm On Apr 10, 2020
Fantastic... I wish they find it effective oo
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Nbote(m): 10:26pm On Apr 10, 2020
Zooposki:

Do you know the seven children they gave the vaccines to in Senegal died within the hour?

U are as pathetic as ur lies... There isn't any vaccine at d moment.. Question some of d stories u read before swallowing hook line and sinker

2 Likes

Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Wilstino: 10:27pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

The problem most of us have is misinformation, did u watch the video?
The doctors was speaking french most people didn't even know what they were saying, we just believed what the person that interpreted the video said.

The video was a 6 min video, but was edited cutting out all what the doctors said, leaving only the part where the doctors said the vaccine should be testing in Africa.

The vaccine testing they are doing it's already happening in uk, china and America. The doctors only suggest that it should be done in Africa as well.
Besides the doctors don't have say on where vaccine should be tested. It's govt that determine that.

I appreciate you understand and obviously more informed than us, as you claim.

However, your defence for them makes no sense,
If famous French speaking Africans, like Football star Didier drogba, Samuel Etoo Fil, Demba and the peripatetic public speaker Professor Lumumba amongst others, have bluntly condemned and spoke out against it.

Moreso, the doctor has apologized as quoted below,

“I want to present all my apologies to those who were hurt, shocked and felt insulted by the remarks that I clumsily expressed on LCI this week. "

https://zaddypost.com/french-doctor-apologize-for-saying-coronavirus-drug-to-be-tested-in-africa/

Hence, I don't understand why you holding brief for them, trying to paint us as been ignorant and not well informed and your claim that the video was edited.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Nbote(m): 10:28pm On Apr 10, 2020
Zooposki:

Oga na lie... Some of U need to make beta use of ur fones to research before swallowing...

1 Like

Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Mightymanna(m): 10:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
If you are following Jerusalem post you will think Israel has already developed the vaccine the way they are claiming, even Binyamin Natanyahu hinted about possible sale to Iran
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Zooposki(f): 10:35pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nbote:

Oga na lie... Some of U need to make beta use of ur fones to research before swallowing...

So vehement. Who do you work for? Both you and the other guy. Who do you guys really work for?
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Nairalandmonika: 10:40pm On Apr 10, 2020
Wilstino:

I appreciate you understand and obviously more informed than us, as you claim.

However, your defence for them makes no sense,
If famous French speaking Africans, like Football star Didier drogba, Samuel Etoo Fil, Demba and the peripatetic public speaker Professor Lumumba amongst others, have bluntly condemned and spoke out against it.

Moreso, the doctor has apologized as quoted below,

“I want to present all my apologies to those who were hurt, shocked and felt insulted by the remarks that I clumsily expressed on LCI this week. "

https://zaddypost.com/french-doctor-apologize-for-saying-coronavirus-drug-to-be-tested-in-africa/

Hence, I don't understand why you holding brief for them, trying to paint us as been ignorant and not well informed and your claim that the video was edited.
Like I said, who make the decision on where vaccine should be tested. You think the French will just come to Nigeria and test their vaccine.

Am not holding a brief for anyone, vaccine and antibodies are being tested everywhere in the world right now.

Am not even having this argument with you. Since u can't get my point.
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Nbote(m): 10:51pm On Apr 10, 2020
Zooposki:

So vehement. Who do you work for? Both you and the other guy. Who do you guys really work for?

Vehement? I'm jus allergic to lies and stupid theories. Infact we work for d Chinese and Western Anti Christs who have planned to test vaccines in Africa to wipe out d continent after installing 5G masts to spread covid 19 and end d world..

1 Like

Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Wilstino: 11:09pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Like I said, who make the decision on where vaccine should be tested. You think the French will just come to Nigeria and test their vaccine.

Am not holding a brief for anyone, vaccine and antibodies are being tested everywhere in the world right now.

Am not even having this argument with you. Since u can't get my point.

Very true vaccines are tested everywhere now, but the manner and context he made the remark clearly was derogatory which sparked the outcry. Overall, he apologized which shows that he had said something wrong.

It's a known fact that Africans are considered less valued by the white, hence this skepticism and apprehension when they talk about trial here when the epicenter is at their end.

Also remember the Pfizer vaccination case in Kano, which resulted in injuries and death. If the government was proactive they should have vetted the drug to ensure it was safe for trial on its citizen, like the US is does on drugs thru the FDA.

So people here don't trust the system to safeguard them in times like this and are reluctant to give themselves for trials, hence the outcry.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by Niggmatic: 11:11pm On Apr 10, 2020
Nbote:

Vehement? I'm jus allergic to lies and stupid theories. Infact we work for d Chinese and Western Anti Christs who have planned to test vaccines in Africa to wipe out d continent after installing 5G masts to spread covid 19 and end d world..
Lol. It is not his fault

In this land, stupid people are abundant.

1 Like

Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by sapientia(m): 11:12pm On Apr 10, 2020
If they have chosen Nigeria.

Africans would have said they are using us.
Re: Israel Among First To Try Experimental Japanese Coronavirus Drug by leokid866: 2:04am On Apr 11, 2020
Zooposki:

Not true....you were drawn to fake News

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Shooting And Harassing People Unprovoked At Douglas Road, Imo / If Tinubu Is Lying About His Age, His Presidential Ambition Is Already Over / Over 130,000 People Unfollows Fr Mbakas Facebook Page After Anti Obi Comments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.