Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:17 PM

Something Is Generally Wrong With Google - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Something Is Generally Wrong With Google (5940 Views)

Google To Replace Voice Search With Google Assistant On Android Devices / How To Backup Your Android Phone With Google Photos And Google Drive. / Itel Partner With Google; To Launch Smartphones On Android Oreo (go Edition) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Adefemi404: 9:08am On Apr 11, 2020
nonny1212:
It's getting so annoying as google playstore has refused to respond to downloading of apps. You click the download or update button and it keeps spinning till eternity. I can't download or update apps from playstore since 3days. Who else has noticed this?

Seems like the lockdown and isolation is affecting them too

The problem is not poor internet connection or anything you think.
I suffered from it many times but fortunately I found the solution to it.

Read it here and start downloading your apps immediately.

[https://real-global-info..com/2020/04/solution-i-cant-download-apps-or-files.html]
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by pocbles: 9:14am On Apr 11, 2020
First of all I want to know which phone you are using.
The problem of the phone is under settings
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Adrenaline123(m): 10:22am On Apr 11, 2020
nonny1212:
It's getting so annoying as google playstore has refused to respond to downloading of apps. You click the download or update button and it keeps spinning till eternity. I can't download or update apps from playstore since 3days. Who else has noticed this?

Same here ooo, since yesterday I can't download a single app. I just cleared my cache and data, and I have also restarted my phone.

Let me check whether it will work
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Petersamuel8(m): 10:31am On Apr 11, 2020
Just cancel it, off your data then on it and click on the download again, you are good to go
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by LandMann: 10:33am On Apr 11, 2020
cruxgemmata:

If ur fone has a whatsapp mode feature. U will see it in a list of those shortcuts when u scroll ur screen down from the top. (in d same panel where u have data connection, wifi, location etc) i believ u understand... U will find it there.

It doesn't o. Can you attach a screenshot so I can see
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by mrMeen(m): 10:42am On Apr 11, 2020
me too wanted to update my YouTube app yesterday it will just be spinning for eternity had to download the apk and update it manually
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Kelvinsaint(m): 10:54am On Apr 11, 2020
Bro log out your Google account and login back and try the update again and think me later.

Just be less assured that this procedure can never fail you. Thanks
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by iamphilips(m): 11:53am On Apr 11, 2020
nonny1212:

Same here
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by 24enjay(m): 1:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
Go to your phone setting, open the app folder, scroll down to Google play store, click to open it, once its opened, click on the 3 horizontal dots at the top right corner of your screen, it will display UNINSTALL UPDATES, click it to uninstall the updates. Then go back to play store and download your app. I hope this is able to help you.

nonny1212:

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Osyxcel(m): 2:09pm On Apr 11, 2020
OP.

Go to your apps, find Google Play Services (system app) and clear the cache. Or better still, find a Wifi source and allow Google Play Services to update.

Restart your phone and try again.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by mejai(m): 2:11pm On Apr 11, 2020
Wait for 5G
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by pocbles: 2:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
nonny1212:

Go to settings
- Network and internet
- data usage
- turn of data saver. If it on
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by mistercharles: 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2020
nonny1212:

restart your device... happens to me too
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by nonny1212: 3:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
mistercharles:
restart your device... happens to me too
I don restart tire. Same problem. I don clear cache too
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by nonny1212: 3:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
Adrenaline123:

Same here ooo, since yesterday I can't download a single app. I just cleared my cache and data, and I have also restarted my phone.

Let me check whether it will work
How far, did it work?
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by nonny1212: 4:03pm On Apr 11, 2020
Endless spinning wheel. So annoying

Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Donkelzy(m): 4:08pm On Apr 11, 2020
nonny1212:
Endless spinning wheel. So annoying
If you have cleared cache and it didn't work, why not try a different network? I believe your phone has 4g, use mtn 4g
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Mikkyjay17(m): 7:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
Infact I thought I was the only one experiencing the stuff.. I have been facing for the pass two weeks without any possible solution.. it's irking.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Mikkyjay17(m): 7:42pm On Apr 11, 2020
24enjay:
Go to your phone setting, open the app folder, scroll down to Google play store, click to open it, once its opened, click on the 3 horizontal dots at the top right corner of your screen, it will display UNINSTALL UPDATES, click it to uninstall the updates. Then go back to play store and download your app. I hope this is able to help you.

Thanks bro. It work perfectly well for me.
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by hoppcee: 8:29pm On Apr 11, 2020
Good afternoon, please I want to build a network for those interested in pursuing a career in academics and research. My personal interest is in research analysis and academics. In view of this, I've been thinking of how to help myself and like minded people to achieve this professional goal. That is why I have brought the idea here to anyone interested in following such career path.
We will give full information on how to secure a research/academic job; link participants with institutions to promote their academic development in degree programmes like M.sc, MPhil, PhD and other Post Doc Programmes; and give full information on relevant scholarship boards available to developing countries.
If you're interested, Send "Add me for Research" to 08162911871 on Whatsapp
Thank you cheesy grin wink
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by Adrenaline123(m): 8:33pm On Apr 12, 2020
nonny1212:
How far, did it work?

Not yet bro, how about you?
Re: Something Is Generally Wrong With Google by shogsman(m): 9:04pm On Apr 12, 2020
Google play store happens to be the most annoying app in the world

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nokia 6230i Phone Review / Infinix Zero: Not Powering ON - What Can Be Done - Somebody Help / Tecno POP 5P Launched In Nigeria With HD+ Display And 5,000mah Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.