Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,318 members, 7,819,080 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? (31938 Views)

Atiku Is 65% Sure Of Winning APC Ticket- Campaign DG / Obasanjo Finished Atiku In His Book (if True, Atiku's Political Career Is Over!) / Atiku Is Meeting States APC Delegates. Where Is The Almighty Buhari? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by Blazay(m): 4:49pm On Jan 04, 2011
Please, Abiola had only 4 wives and 19 concubines, 15 ECOMOG  basstards. . . one "manliness Cheney or freewilly" o! cry
What killed him again? undecided

We hear he even converted to Islam JUST to get those 4 wives. . . then could not have any other religion since the maximum was 4 by the Islamic tradition. Then he discovered the Mormon Church. embarassed Rumors even had it that he was gonna open a Mormon compound somewhere in Ijesha before divine intervention stopped him. grin

Oturugbeke o!
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by fstranger6: 5:07pm On Jan 04, 2011
Blazay:

Please, Abiola had only 4 wives and 19 concubines, 15 ECOMOG  basstards. . . one "manliness Cheney or freewilly" o! cry
What killed him again? undecided

We hear he even convered to Islam JUST to get those 4 wives. . . then could not have any other religion since the maximum was 4 by the Islamic tradition. Rumor even had it that he was gonna open a Mormon compound somewhere in Ijesha before divine intervention. grin

Oturugbeke O!

Not sure of what to make of that!
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by Blazay(m): 5:09pm On Jan 04, 2011
^^^
Mu he he he he he

cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by dayokanu(m): 5:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
fstrabger,

Did you see a copy of Abiolas will where he stated that all his wives and children should go for a DNA test? Even the newspaper cutting directing them to take DNA is somewhere in my email

He listed more than 4 wives there and it was signed by the Family Lawyer
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by Lagosboy: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2011
Abiola was muslim yeah but he had more than 4 wives unfortunately. Four was islamically legal (proper aqd nikkah) and the others were concubines turned wife, the were mrs Abiola.

The case that was raised here is valid but the lawyers did not argue the woman was not his wife , Abiola said he was not sure of the paternity of the children and the judge ordered DNA which only one of 4 kids passed. That is the main reason Abiola inserted the DNA clause in his will.
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by fstranger6: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2011
Oga dayokanu

The will is online with Gani's

Other than the four recognized wives, he never called any of the other concubines his wife

Having borne one or two children for him does not necessarily elevate them to the wifey status.

And Nigerian newspapers are not that reliable, I cant believe anything that is written in  Nigerian newspapers, not even Guardian. Too much hearsays, very little factual reporting.
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by Blazay(m): 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2011
http://www.novelguide.com/a/discover/ewb_19/ewb_19_07302.html

Muslim Marital Traditions
Following common tradition, Abiola took four wives; Simibiat Atinuke Shoaga in 1960, Kudirat Olayinki Adeyemi in 1973, Adebisi Olawunmi Oshin in 1974, and Doyinsola (Doyin) Abiola Aboaba in 1981. He is said to have fathered over 40 children from these four marriages. Abiola's second wife, Kudirat, was murdered in the capital city of Lagos in 1996. There was speculation that her death was caused by the military, but no proof was ever found. His third wife, Doyin, ran a newspaper chain he owned until it was closed by the government. In 1992, Abiola was ordered to pay $20,000 a month in child support to a woman who claimed to be his wife. His lawyers argued in a New Jersey court that Abiola had only four wives; this woman was just one of his 19 concubines

Twa!!!! cheesy

Man-hoe!
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by Freewilly(f): 11:45pm On Jan 04, 2011
alj harem:

gbam

@ op
i think you concern is because she is of igbo origin undecided

if it is because of that, then i think you are a very silly girl,,,imo undecided

You again this year ? angry angry angry

Forget that she's Igbo even, what can a gorgeous well educated lady like Jenifer see in an old, wicked, unattractive man like Atiku. Having a sugar

daddy I can understand, but marring him to be a fourth wife just don't sound right to me I'm sorry, just my opinion.
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by aljharem11(m): 11:53pm On Jan 04, 2011
Freewilly:

Forget that she's Igbo even, what can a gorgeous well educated lady like Jenifer see in an old, wicked, unattractive man like Atiku. Having a sugar

daddy I can understand, but marring him to be a fourth wife just don't sound right to me I'm sorry, just my opinion.

yes soo it is me again Alhaji Abdulharem Ucheze Ciroma

what is there if she marries him,,,

what of if she simply fell in love with the man

freewilly, d you even know who you will marry in the future,that is if u are not already married undecided

happy new year cheesy
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by Freewilly(f): 12:04am On Jan 05, 2011
^^^

Happy new year to you too my wannabe Igbo brother.

Don't what if she marries him for me please, angry

What is there to fall in love with if not for his money and political ambitions. Will you approve of your kid marring someone like Atiku ?

I'm not married oh shocked shocked but I sure won't marry an Atiku when I'm ready.
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by ekubear1: 12:14am On Jan 05, 2011
So you are allowed to have concubines too in Islam? grin

Hmm, interesting.

Lol @ making the kids take paternity tests in the will grin grin grin
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by Orton10(m): 12:21am On Jan 05, 2011
eku_bear:

Hmm, interesting.

Na now you know?
They are even made to believe dat there are blessings in heaven for those who s*x, marry and convert as much Women of the 'infidels' as they can.
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by Orton10(m): 12:22am On Jan 05, 2011
eku_bear:

Hmm, interesting.

Na now you know?
They are even made to believe dat there are blessings in heaven for those who s*x, marry and convert as much Women of the 'infidels' as they can.
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by aljharem11(m): 12:27am On Jan 05, 2011
Freewilly:

^^^

What is there to fall in love with if not for his money and political ambitions. Will you approve of your kid marring someone like Atiku ?

I'm not married oh shocked shocked but I sure won't marry an Atiku when I'm ready.

freewilly, right now as i speak, i am with my 3rd wife on the bed wink

i am married to 5 wifes and it is allowed in my part of the country

i am even looking for an igbo woman to make my 6th ones [size=4pt]hope you are available wink [/size]

so my question is

those women that married me are they inlove with me or they are just after my money undecided
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by ekubear1: 12:39am On Jan 05, 2011
Orton1_0:

Na now you know?
They are even made to believe dat there are blessings in heaven for those who s*x, marry and convert  as much Women of the 'infidels' as they can.

Hrm, maybe my great-great-grandfather chose the wrong religion, lol. Islam seems to be a lot more pro male  tongue

Hrm. Which leads me to a somewhat awkward question that I'm too shy to even ask directly.

If you are Muslim, and you have several wives. . .can you, wife #1, wife #2, etc all . . . at the same time, together?  grin grin grin
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by Akainzo(m): 1:10am On Jan 05, 2011
Freewilly:

Freewilly:

Don't worry, when its time to marry, please marry the handsome shoemaker than the presentable banker down the street.
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by Freewilly(f): 3:20am On Jan 05, 2011
^^^
So bankers are now the big catch in Nigeria ? Nonsense angry angry

If I'm going to have a bright and happy future with the shoemaker then so be it, money is not everything to me ok.

1 Like

Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by aljharem11(m): 3:26am On Jan 05, 2011
^^^^

freewilly, you have just won my heart with your decisive post smiley

good one,,, cheesy
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by Freewilly(f): 3:43am On Jan 05, 2011
^^^

You heart shocked shocked

I never knew you had one of those, pls don't insult people with an actual heart. sad
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by aljharem11(m): 3:46am On Jan 05, 2011
Freewilly:

^^^

You heart shocked shocked

I never knew you had one of those, pls don't insult people with an actual heart. sad

and why do you think i do not have a heart
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by aljharem11(m): 3:48am On Jan 05, 2011
^^^^^
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by ekubear1: 3:49am On Jan 05, 2011
Such cruelty!

I shed tears on behalf of alj harem   tongue
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by Freewilly(f): 3:50am On Jan 05, 2011
alj harem1:

and why do you think i do not have a heart

Because folks from your part of the world are known to be heartless, And don't even tell me you Igbo.
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by aljharem11(m): 3:59am On Jan 05, 2011
Freewilly:

Because folks from your part of the world are known to be heartless, And don't even tell me you Igbo.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

can you explain how

we are like you people in the south but just of different believes

all you see of boko haram and etc are all thugs trying to make us look bad cry

most of us do not even know some of the atrocities some of our brothers commit undecided

and yes i am half igbo and leaved in igboland for some years, but i know it is a bit odd and must of my igbo brothers do not like that cry but they will post for about 50 pages for an ika man that do not want to be called igbo undecided

freewilly, you have to learn to judge people for who they are not the preconception u have about them
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by Orton10(m): 4:10am On Jan 05, 2011
eku_bear:

Hrm, maybe my great-great-grandfather chose the wrong religion, lol. Islam seems to be a lot more pro male  tongue

Hrm. Which leads me to a somewhat awkward question that I'm too shy to even ask directly.

If you are Muslim, and you have several wives. . .can you, wife #1, wife #2, etc all . . . at the same time, together?  grin grin grin

Dats wierd don't you think??
Well ma former neighbour normally kept a time table for his four wives. Do know if he indulged in a Pent-some.lol
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by excanny: 6:07am On Jan 05, 2011
alj harem1:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

can you explain how

we are like you people in the south but just of different believes

all you see of boko haram and etc are all thugs trying to make us look bad cry

most of us do not even know some of the atrocities some of our brothers commit undecided

and yes i am half igbo and leaved in igboland for some years, but i know it is a bit odd and must of my igbo brothers do not like that cry but they will post for about 50 pages for an ika man that do not want to be called igbo undecided

freewilly, you have to learn to judge people for who they are not the preconception u have about them

The reason why they are not taking you serious is because of the hypocrisy you display. You cannot be bashing Igbos, and expect them to see you as one of them.

Even if you are not half-Igbo(as you all of a sudden now claim) there's no reason to deny you Igbo citizenship if you aspire to have one. The other day, there was this Yoruba dude who said he wanted to renounce his Yoruba-ness, and gave his reason. We all gave him an open welcome. 

Let me give you some tips that could make the Igbos see you are one of them.

1. You should not be insulting the Igbos. Ojukwu is a respected figure in Igboland, no matter what.

2. If you really want to be seen as Igbo, you should be always seen defend Igbos whenever they are being smeared. I've never seen you do this.

3. Interest/Proficiency in Igbo language could score you some good points.

If you've been doing this, nobody would laugh at you whenever you say you are Igbo.

@Freewilly

Sis, Happy New year. I've missed you. You one of those Igbo women that make me proud here. Can I send in my application? grin
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by dayokanu(m): 6:27am On Jan 05, 2011
excanny:

@Freewilly

Sis, Happy New year. I've missed you. You one of those Igbo women that make me proud here. Can I send in my application? grin

You wan wound? You know how many times I don go Coppell? Abeg no pour sand for my Garri Aloy-emeka is single go find am
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by fstranger6: 6:30am On Jan 05, 2011
^^^

So freewilly is among those Tpiah was referring to in the other thread?

O ga ooooooooooo

O di kwa risky

EOF you are, innit?
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by dayokanu(m): 6:34am On Jan 05, 2011
Noo tpiah wasnt referring to anyone.

Ma ba ise mi je jare.
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by aljharem(m): 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2011
excanny:

The reason why they are not taking you serious is because of the hypocrisy you display. You cannot be bashing Igbos, and expect them to see you as one of them.

Even if you are not half-Igbo(as you all of a sudden now claim) there's no reason to deny you Igbo citizenship if you aspire to have one. The other day, there was this Yoruba dude who said he wanted to renounce his Yoruba-ness, and gave his reason. We all gave him an open welcome. 

Let me give you some tips that could make the Igbos see you are one of them.

1. You should not be insulting the Igbos. Ojukwu is a respected figure in Igboland, no matter what.

2. If you really want to be seen as Igbo, you should be always seen defend Igbos whenever they are being smeared. I've never seen you do this.

3. Interest/Proficiency in Igbo language could score you some good points.

If you've been doing this, nobody would laugh at you whenever you say you are Igbo.

@Freewilly

@ 1
i never insulted igbo people or the culture (inyamarai means igbo in hausa undecided) i do not think it is an insult to call an igbo person inyamaria,,,,, about ojukwu,,,i tell ya not all of us igbos see him as a hero

he left millions of us at the mercy of nigeria and ran away to ivory coast,,so i can not like him

@2

i always try to defend the igbo people but sometime some of my igbo brothers just want to be bad and i think as a good igbo man, i should be able to tell my brothers and sisters that they are wrong and this are the steps they should follow undecided

@3

i do not really know my igbo language (she did not teach me) but at every igbo thread, i try to get involve with the discussion and most of the time, i get insulted by tribal goons

all in all, i will not be partial in any discussion just to be see as an igboman that i am

but i will try my best to be more involved smiley
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by isalegan2: 2:59am On Jan 06, 2011
Lagosboy:

Doyin Abiola is a phd older and she was MKO´s 4th wife
edited: I confused her with someone else. smiley
Re: Is It True Atiku Is Married To An Igbo Woman ? by aljharem11(m): 3:35am On Jan 06, 2011
isale_gan2:

edited: I confused her with someone else. smiley
cheesy cheesy

good one,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Makes Ali Sheriff Chairman / Police Officer On Duty Caught On Camera Drunk (picture,video) / Today, I Am So Proud Of PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.