Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. (4114 Views)

Peter Obi: See How Kemi Olunloyo Responded To Someone Seeking To Peddle A Lie / PDP To Buhari: Our Governors Don’t Peddle Falsehood Like You / PDP To Buhari: Our Governors Don’t Peddle Falsehood Like You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 11, 2020
Avoid these newspaper, they peddle fake news alot.

Newspaper always peddling fake news include

Punch newspaper
Nation's newspaper
Tribune newspaper
Dailytrust
Sahara reporters ( Though gives sound info sometimes)
TVC

Legit and sound newspapers

Vanguard newspaper
Sun newspaper
AIT
Leadership newspaper
Herald newspaper

Confused Station
Channels TV

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by donbachi(m): 6:24pm On Apr 11, 2020
He who pays for the newspaper...chooses what story to believe.

6 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by nairavsdollars(f): 6:26pm On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi's brain has contracted Coronavirus

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Emmanuelhector(m): 6:28pm On Apr 11, 2020
Lol

1 Like

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Charleys: 6:30pm On Apr 11, 2020
Especially that Daily trust.

6 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by kiyosaki1(m): 6:31pm On Apr 11, 2020
nairavsdollars:
MelesZenawi's brain has contracted Coronavirus
Savage

6 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
Charleys:
Especially that Daily trust.

Thank God you know them.

4 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 6:50pm On Apr 11, 2020
Nation's newspaper is a known notorious paper who rides on selfish interest and propagate all forms of ills just to satisfy there pay master.

6 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Armaggedon: 6:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Punch newspaper
Nation's newspaper
Tribune newspaper
Dailytrust
TVC

Punch - can be neutral but susceptible to brown envelope and govt manipulation.

The nations- tinubus paper, yoruba propaganda outfit, complete fake news peddler, and 80% negative coverage of igboland. Anytime you see a piece of bad news in a remote part of Igboland, an obvious attempt to run down an igbo business or an establishment, or a petty attempt to defend yoruba interest through a veiled tribal fight, check the source it's usually the nations.

Tribune- another yoruba paper less.

Dailytrust- Hausa newspaper.

Saharareporters- activist newspaper, opposition leaning and also highly susceptible to govt and brown envelope manipulation.

TVC- tinubus outfit and anti igbo coverage(who watched their documentary on Inoma?)

13 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by mikeybrainy: 6:56pm On Apr 11, 2020
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2020
Armaggedon:

Punch - can be neutral but susceptible to brown envelope and govt manipulation.

The nations- tinubus paper, yoruba propaganda outfit, complete fake news peddler, and 80% negative coverage of igboland. Anytime you see a piece of bad news in a remote part of Igboland, an obvious attempt to run down an igbo business or an establishment, or a petty attempt to defend yoruba interest through a veiled tribal fight, check the source it's usually the nations.

Tribune- another yoruba paper less.

Dailytrust- Hausa newspaper.

Saharareporters- activist newspaper, opposition leaning and also highly susceptible to govt and brown envelope manipulation.

TVC- tinubus outfit and anti igbo coverage(who watched their documentary on Inoma?)

Not only Inoma.

Even their documentary on Opobo ..

They tried alot to portray another scenario to the exact words of the people they interviewed there.

It was a disgrace on them. While the people maintain their stance I'm answering questions randomly, TVC was seriously trying to create another scenario altogether.

2 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by yyba: 7:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
OP your list is incomplete without IGBERE TV
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by yyba: 7:04pm On Apr 11, 2020
OP where is IGBERE TV?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 11, 2020
yyba:
OP where is IGBERE TV?

Igbere what?
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Apr 11, 2020
Another one is Lanre blog.
I wonder if this ones picks his news from Gabon...

1 Like

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by dustmalik: 7:19pm On Apr 11, 2020
OP, you don't get to pick and choose News outfit for others.

I know you very well and I know your intentions, so you can shove it down your throat.

9 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Blackfire(m): 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2020
Is the govt not a lie?
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 7:27pm On Apr 11, 2020
dustmalik:
OP, you don't get to pick and choose News outfit for others.

I know you very well and I know your intentions, so you can shove it down your throat.

Careless allegation?

What are my intentions if not to guide unsuspecting audience that can be swayed easily?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Melezenawii: 7:30pm On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Punch newspaper
Nation's newspaper
Tribune newspaper
Dailytrust
TVC

Vanguard newspaper
Sun newspaper
AIT
Leadership newspaper
Herald newspaper

Confused Station
Channels TV

See this Peddler of fake news .As if CORONAVIRUS has turned your useless brain upside down

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by bender79: 7:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
The same thing you accuse those media houses for are the same with those you recommend. They are all inspired by ethnic -religous and political alliances.

2 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 7:37pm On Apr 11, 2020
Melezenawii:

See this Peddler of fake news .As if CORONAVIRUS has turned your useless brain upside down

Who are you?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 11, 2020
bender79:
The same thing you accuse those media houses for are the same with those you recommend. They are all inspired by ethnic -religous and political alliances.

Others are sound in their submission.

The assessment was clearly without bias.
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by edoairways: 7:47pm On Apr 11, 2020
Which one come beta na?

1 Like

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by CYBERWEAVER(m): 7:52pm On Apr 11, 2020
Why not mind yourself Op, don't spoil people's business. People buy only stories that favours them

1 Like

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by bender79: 7:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Others are sound in their submission.

The assessment was clearly without bias.
Absolutely false. Sun newspaper for instance is as guilty as projecting the south east just as Tribune or punch in the South west. AIT is sympathetic to pdp just as channels is to Apc. Don't tell me trash. They all have their followers depending on where your sentiments lie.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by walexbiz(m): 7:58pm On Apr 11, 2020
From the Ops writeup one can deduce he is an ethnic bigot, of all the newspaper you mentioned the leats credible ones are the ones you see credible, then i guess you would need to define credibility. From my own perspective, I think the most credible newspaper are as follows;

(1) premiumtimes
(2) Daily trust newspaper
(3) Punch Newspaper
(4) Sahara reporters

Any other newpaper as far as i am concerned is just a sensation soft sell magazine which should only be read when one is bored most especially Sunnewpaper.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Stalwert: 8:01pm On Apr 11, 2020
A case of thief calling others thieves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Apr 11, 2020
bender79:
Absolutely false. Sun newspaper for instance is as guilty as projecting the south east just as Tribune or punch in the South west. AIT is sympathetic to pdp just as channels is for Apc. Don't tell me trash. They all have their followers depending on where your sentiments lie.

Sun doesn't play ethnic card. There reports are standard unlike Tribune, punch and the rest of them..

Punch Polarises the space with fake news which upon verification is totally false likewise nation's newspaper.

2 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 11, 2020
walexbiz:
From the Ops writeup one can deduce he is an ethnic bigot, of all the newspaper you mentioned the leats credible ones are the ones you see credible, then i guess you would need to define credibility. From my own perspective, I think the most credible newspaper are as follows;

(1) premiumtimes
(2) Daily trust newspaper
(3) Punch Newspaper
(4) Sahara reporters

Any other newpaper as far as i am concerned is just a sensation soft sell magazine which should only be read when one is bored most especially Sunnewpaper.

Those assessment are clear without bias.

What you listed don't have standard. They are driven by propaganda.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by bender79: 8:12pm On Apr 11, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Sun doesn't play ethnic card. There reports are standard unlike Tribune, punch and the rest of them..

Punch Polarises the space with fake news which upon verification is totally false likewise nation's newspaper.
There is no difference between them. Have you seen the level of sensationalism in a front page caption of sunnewspapar ( for instance)only to open it and find garbage. Pls. Nigeria is highly.polarised so each and everyone of us have our views and know where it may be strengthened. Like I said there all thesame.

2 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by hakeemhakeem(m): 9:32pm On Apr 11, 2020
who interest are you protecting let everyone buy what brand they want base on content

2 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
bender79:
There is no difference between them. Have you seen the level of sensationization on a front page caption of sunnewspapar ( for instance)only to open it and find garbage. Pls. Nigeria is highly.polarised so each and everyone of us have our views and know where it may be strengthened. Like I said there all thesame.

You are been economical with the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Peter Obi Caught Sleeping And Snoring In Lafia / FFK Furiously Reacts As US President, Joe Biden Fails To Congratulate Tinubu / Nigeria: My Candid Thoughts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.