Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,036 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. (4146 Views)

Peter Obi: See How Kemi Olunloyo Responded To Someone Seeking To Peddle A Lie / PDP To Buhari: Our Governors Don’t Peddle Falsehood Like You / PDP To Buhari: Our Governors Don’t Peddle Falsehood Like You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 7:36am On Apr 12, 2020
lexyking:

Op. all I can work out from your submission is that you're a PDP sympathiser from the southeast, I stand to be corrected though. But I'm not going to base my response on where your sympathy lies since that is entirely your right, however I must say it for the record that most nigerian newspapers are a propaganda tools the only difference between them is there ability to creatively conceal it. for instance there is no denying it that the sun newspaper news,editorials, and articles are always skewed in favour of the southeast.
daily trust also is to north what the sun is to the east. And now to my favourite of them all, you guessed right it's the nation newspaper, yes can accuse them of dwelling too much on news from the southwest and Edo, but what you can't accuse them of is not balancing there views. as for the television stations you clearly gave yourself out by listing AIT ahead of channels and TVC in terms of news reportage but like I said before your political leanings aren't the subject of discussion.
And please before you start telling me how sentimental I am in my choices, I want you to know that I actually always read all three newspapers including punch on a daily basis because unlike most people I already know that the best way to get all the facts is to go through all there news and put the pieces together myself that way I'm sure I'm not been swayed to on side without me making the decisions

First of all, learn to avoid careless allegation infact unfounded allegation. So because my view automatically differs with your I am now a pdp apologist and from east...... anyway that's by the way as I don't need to be reminded of who you might be by such careless statement.

If nation's newspaper is your best newspaper then you are not different from the propaganda machine. Newspaper that finds nothing good in others but only west. You will never see them document any village in west but will be busy meandering the innermost villages in SE/SS just to portray others in bad light. That is the newspaper that is your champion. Well I am not suprise, you must always practice one of your own the more reason your are blinded to undertake sound objectivity.

Finally there is no way you can absolve yourself @last paragraph when you have already shown where your loyalty lies.....

More like been hypocritical.

2 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by tobechi20(m): 8:08am On Apr 12, 2020
MelesZenawi:
Avoid these newspaper, they peddle fake news alot.

Newspaper always peddling fake news include

Punch newspaper
Nation's newspaper
Tribune newspaper
Dailytrust
Sahara reporters ( Though gives sound info sometimes)
TVC

Legit and sound newspapers

Vanguard newspaper
Sun newspaper
AIT
Leadership newspaper
Herald newspaper

Confused Station
Channels TV

leadership and daily trust owned by same group
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by lexyking(m): 8:23am On Apr 12, 2020
MelesZenawi:

First of all, learn to avoid careless allegation infact unfounded allegation. So because my view automatically differs with your I am now a pdp apologist and from east...... anyway that's by the way as I don't need to be reminded of who you might be by such careless statement.

If nation's newspaper is your best newspaper then you are not different from the propaganda machine. Newspaper that finds nothing good in others but only west. You will never see them document any village in west but will be busy meandering the innermost villages in SE/SS just to portray others in bad light. That is the newspaper that is your champion. Well I am not suprise, you must always practice one of your own the more reason your are blinded to undertake sound objectivity.

Finally there is no way you can absolve yourself @last paragraph when you have already shown where your loyalty lies.....

whao! you didn't even waste anytime in going below the belt. anyways I resist the temptation to go that way with you. because what I said was that 'I STAND TO BE CORRECTED' but instead of correcting me with sound argument you went about calling me a hypocrite.
But I think the real unapologetic hypocrite here is you or how do you explain coming to a forum and telling people what news outlets to follow and the ones to avoid, you even took your comic to another level by insinuating that the nation newspaper is a propaganda tool while conveniently absorbing your dear Sun newspaper of doing same, well sorry to be the one to break it to you that no Nigeria newspaper is devoid of political influence and this I can tell you authoritatively because of my professional background. I still maintain my point that the only difference between all of them is there ability to creatively conceal there bias.
Yes the nation newspapers concentrate more on news from the southwest and Edo, but I guess I already picked that out from my earlier submission, so if you're not the hypocrite that you're making me out to be you would know the sun newspaper also focused more on news from the southeast. And please before you go about calling me names again I want you to know that it's not a crime or is it a professional misconduct for any media house to be sympathetic to anyone,country,religion or administration. But it becomes a crime when they alter or misrepresent facts

3 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 12, 2020
tobechi20:

leadership and daily trust owned by same group
I know leadership is owned by Nda Isaiah but not in league of daily trust.
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 8:48am On Apr 12, 2020
lexyking:

whao! you didn't even waste anytime in going below the belt. anyways I resist the temptation to go that way with you. because what I said was that 'I STAND TO BE CORRECTED' but instead of correcting me with sound argument you went about calling me a hypocrite.
But I think the real unapologetic hypocrite here is you or how do you explain coming to a forum and telling people what news outlets to follow and the ones to avoid, you even took your comic to another level by insinuating that the nation newspaper is a propaganda tool while conveniently absorbing your dear Sun newspaper of doing same, well sorry to be the one to break it to you that no Nigeria newspaper is devoid of political influence and this I can tell you authoritatively because of my professional background. I still maintain my point that the only difference between all of them is there ability to creatively conceal there bias.
Yes the nation newspapers concentrate more on news from the southwest and Edo, but I guess I already picked that out from my earlier submission, so if you're not the hypocrite that you're making me out to be you would know the sun newspaper also focused more on news from the southeast. And please before you go about calling me names again I want you to know that it's not a crime or is it a professional misconduct for any media house to be sympathetic to anyone,country,religion or administration. But it becomes a crime when they alter or misrepresent facts

No need for @bolded if you are really comfortable with submission because innocent mind fear no accusations but know fully well how biased you are , You have to quickly attach that line to make yourself look fair and just in face of glaring bias.

Moreover I only corrected the impression you trying to create by shooting yourself at your leg same time. You claim nation newspaper is your favorite and in twist of an eye you now want to make it look that you draw your conclusion from reading different newspaper. Nothing is as confusing as that statement. You can have something as favorite and neglecting same to draw conclusion from others.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys will ever make a submit devoid of leaning and attachment. All your submission is skewed towards one outlet and you want to prove it by all means.

This is serious.

2 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by lexyking(m): 9:00am On Apr 12, 2020
MelesZenawi:

No need for @bolded if you are really comfortable with submission because innocent mind fear no accusations but know fully well how biased you are , You have to quickly attach that line to make yourself look fair and just in face of glaring bias.

Moreover I only corrected the impression you trying to create by shooting yourself at your leg same time. You claim nation newspaper is your favorite and in twist of an eye you now want to make it look that you draw your conclusion from reading different newspaper. Nothing is as confusing as that statement. You can have something as favorite and neglecting same to draw conclusion from others.

Sometimes I wonder if you guys will ever make a submit devoid of leaning and attachment. All your submission is skewed towards one outlet and you want to prove it by all means.

This is serious.
ok then please be kind enough to point out where I expressly said I usually draw my conclusions based on what I read in the nation newspaper. what I said and still stand by is that the nation newspaper is my favourite but I guess you were too busy trying to portray me as been bias that you left out the part where I said I read four newspapers and pick facts from each of them to help me make sense of all the stories of the day.

1 Like

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 9:23am On Apr 12, 2020
lexyking:

ok then please be kind enough to point out where I expressly said I usually draw my conclusions based on what I read in the nation newspaper. what I said and still stand by is that the nation newspaper is my favourite but I guess you were too busy trying to portray me as been bias that you left out the part where I said I read four newspapers and pick facts from each of them to help me make sense of all the stories of the day.

Something is your favorite and you still don't trust the news it churns out , because they are all lies. The more reason you need to consult others so that you can deductively know the truth.

By that singular statement, I am proved right once again that nation newspaper was born out of wicked intentions to undermine others.

You are afraid of what you produce the reason you ran to others to correlate their facts more like the Nigeria and Nigerians ( In quote) afraid of the Doctors they produce and ran to other civilisation for treatment.

Correct me if am right.

1 Like

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nuzo1(m): 9:23am On Apr 12, 2020
All Nigerian newspapers are compromised depending on who is financing it, ethnic, religious and political affiliations.

The only way not to get trapped with their lies and propaganda is to always be on alert by putting one and two together.... And drawing your own conclusions.

2 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by lexyking(m): 9:47am On Apr 12, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Something is your favorite and you still don't trust the news it churns out , because they are all lies. The more reason you need to consult others do that you can deductively know the truth.

By that singular statement, I am proved right once again that nation newspaper was born out of wicked intentions to undermine others.

You are afraid of what you produce the reason you ran to others to correlate their facts more like the Nigeria and Nigerians ( In quote) afraid of the Doctors they produce and ran to other civilisation for treatment.

Correct me if am right.

you couldn't be more right in been wrong. But in order to prevent you from twisting my submissions, let me put it this way if I want to make sense of any national discus I read the Sun newspaper to get the southeast view on such topic, daily trust to get the northern view and the Nation to get the western view, punch often times bridge all views as one, only after going through all of them would I now objectively put the pieces together to arrive at my own conclusion to help me make a stand. now the reason I go through with this ritual is not because I do not trust the Nation but because my line of job has made me realise that no Nigeria newspaper is completely objective but some are more objective than others and my argument with you isn't about the nations been better than the rest, it's about you trying to accuse it of an offence that all the other ones you picked are guilty of. And let me say it again just so that I can provoke a reaction from you I LOVE THE NATION NEWSPAPER. THE NATION NEWSPAPER IS MY FAVOURITE

2 Likes

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by sammyscholar(m): 10:18am On Apr 12, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Others are sound in their submission.

The assessment was clearly without bias.
Lol, Vanguard peddle fake new the most!

1 Like

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 12, 2020
sammyscholar:
Lol, Vanguard peddle fake new the most!

That's pure lie infact white lie.
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by maestroferddi: 10:25am On Apr 12, 2020
walexbiz:
From the Ops writeup one can deduce he is an ethnic bigot, of all the newspaper you mentioned the leats credible ones are the ones you see credible, then i guess you would need to define credibility. From my own perspective, I think the most credible newspaper are as follows;

(1) premiumtimes
(2) Daily trust newspaper
(3) Punch Newspaper
(4) Sahara reporters

Any other newpaper as far as i am concerned is just a sensation soft sell magazine which should only be read when one is bored most especially Sunnewpaper.
Sahara Reporters started getting objective as soon as Sowore was stopped from cashing out.

They used and dumped him .

Punch's past is haunting them. They have raised them game lately but old habits die hard.

The Punch of 2017 backwards was a joke of a national tabloid.
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by maestroferddi: 10:32am On Apr 12, 2020
mohims:
OP no newspaper carries fake news like the Sun. TVC news are second to none. I don't think you know what you are saying. TVC news is the best news channel in Nigeria
One of the most clear proofs of Jonathan's weakness was to allow TVC and The Nation to continue in business when he could have seized their license for countless breaches of the law.

TVC and The Nation are not doing journalism and they know it...
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by sammyscholar(m): 10:35am On Apr 12, 2020
MelesZenawi:

That's pure lie infact white lie.
I know what I read. I can't bring myself to reading their paper again.
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 10:37am On Apr 12, 2020
sammyscholar:
That's your own fuss. I know what I read. I can't bring myself to reading their paper again.

Because they churn out truth and hate propaganda.

You came late because they will never tow your path of propaganda.
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 12, 2020
maestroferddi:
One of the most clear proofs of Jonathan's weakness was to allow TVC and The Nation to continue in business when he could have seized their license for countless breaches of the law.

TVC and The Nation are not doing journalism and they know it...

God bless you..

TVC and nation are not doing anything near journalism..

Worst media outlets.
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 12, 2020
maestroferddi:
Sahara Reporters started getting objective as soon as Sowore was stopped from cashing out.

They used and dumped him .

Punch's past is haunting them. They have raised them game lately but old habits die hard.

The Punch of 2017 backwards was a joke of a national tabloid.

Fact

1 Like

Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by maestroferddi: 10:42am On Apr 12, 2020
MelesZenawi:

He can't claim not to know...

The major specialty of TVC, The Nation and PM News is just to project everything South East as negatively as possible.

This is something I have personally observed countless times.
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by sammyscholar(m): 10:44am On Apr 12, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Because they churn out truth and hate propaganda.

You came late because they will never tow your path of propaganda.
Their stories are riddled with a lot of lies!
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 12, 2020
maestroferddi:
He can't claim not to know...

The major specialty of TVC, The Nation and PM News is just to project everything South East as negatively as possible.

This is something I have personally observed countless times.

Imagine doing documentary here but has no record of one single documentary in west..

They can even travel to remotest part just to document nonsense..

The young man is been economical with truth.
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 12, 2020
sammyscholar:
Their stories are riddled with a lot of lies!

No newspaper lies more than nation newspaper, premium times, Tribune, punch and co..

Vanguard is standard and always try to strike balance.
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by sammyscholar(m): 11:07am On Apr 12, 2020
MelesZenawi:

No newspaper lies more than nation newspaper, premium times, Tribune, punch and co.

Vanguard is standard and always try to strike balance.
Same Vanguard that I read before wasn't always balanced in its stories. Only if it has changed now. I will try them out soon. But it was with much annoyance that stopped reading them then.
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by mikeybrainy: 1:58pm On Apr 13, 2020
?
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by omonnakoda: 7:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
mikeybrainy:
No sir
Why not?
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by Nathphil(m): 11:54pm On Apr 14, 2020
Are they not legal?
All of them are very good in thier own way.
Re: Avoid These Newspapers, They Peddle Fake News Alot. by F117nighthawk: 12:18am On Apr 15, 2020
Tne lists you compiled here is as FAKE as you the writer, you calling channels a confused station? AND AIT of all news channels not spreading fake news? U must be writing from a confused state of mind

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EXCLUSIVE: Boko Haram Releases Photos Of Nigerian Army’s Gun Trucks, Police Van / Twitter Suspension And What It Means For Nairaland / Nigerians Make Fun Of Atiku After Tweeting Condolences On Owo Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.