Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter (43039 Views)

Rivers Youths Pull Down Wike Billboards In Port Harcourt (Video) / ‘Let Heaven Come Down’ – Wike Vows To Fight Fubara Despite Tinubu’s Intervention / ‘Buildings Will Go Down’ — Wike Assumes Office, Vows More Demolitions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by Ukwa1: 3:14am On Apr 12, 2020
[s]
CoronaVirusRelo:
Healing and miracle suddenly stopped in Nigeria.

Are our men of God on leave.
[/s]
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by mayaks: 3:31am On Apr 12, 2020
sad
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by Antichristus: 4:30am On Apr 12, 2020
DarkJeddi:
You meant Darwinian Theory.. undecided

Survival of the fittest,f00ls gets weeded out.. shocked

No. Google is your friend. We live in the Information Age. Even the Pope live stream the midnight mass. Why some agents of darkness parading church altars think they’re holier than holy is beyond comprehension.
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by Antichristus: 4:34am On Apr 12, 2020
Ukwa1:
[s][/s]

And Joshua the illiterate who can’t speak basic English said Coronavirus will disappear on March 27, it April today, it took just under 1000 lives in the UK and many more in New York alone. What became of the fake prophet’s prophecy. Yet some cretins will still be flocking to the synagogue.
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by wonuks(m): 4:55am On Apr 12, 2020
Xisnin:

You and Scammer Chris are sick.
You're very stupid. Has he scammed you before. Ode
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by jahlove4jah: 5:01am On Apr 12, 2020
Concussion every where. Do they need consultation in the first place. What happened to their common sense in the first place?
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by donjoesbry(m): 6:01am On Apr 12, 2020
The Church is a place of healing and blessing.
This is my personal Opinion ...if this Virus is airborne and as deadly as they say then even going out to get groceries should get one infected . They also says it settles in air and surfaces for hours that means almost 50 present of the population should have it already. But guess what it's not so. Cardiovascular disease kills more than this overhyped virus that was created to cause panic and fear just to put all in bondage. But what do I know. Just observe your personal hygiene , improve your immunity and stir up your faith in Christ continually.

Happy Easter to all.. Jesus is alive
What an amazing worship to listen to at this time. I was super blessed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXTkXRZ1Yig
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by Ruby5: 6:06am On Apr 12, 2020
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by makewetalk2: 6:34am On Apr 12, 2020
What is palliative?
You guys just use any word that you find in a dictionary anyhow. What do you know palliatives to be? Na wah oh
Realist5:

Lock down with palliative is the only option.

Stay Safe.
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by Realist5: 6:42am On Apr 12, 2020
makewetalk2:
What is palliative?
You guys just use any word that you find in a dictionary anyhow. What do you know palliatives to be? Na wah oh

I Too Know.

Palliative is an approach that improves the quality of life of patients and their families facing the problem associated with life-threatening illness, throughthe prevention and relief of suffering by means of early identification and impeccable assessment and treatment of pain and other problems, physical, ...

If you quote me with that your bend mouth again eh. You think sharing garri and beans on the street is what I meant by palliative? I swear you don't have brain.

1 Like

Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by kayboy4y(m): 6:56am On Apr 12, 2020
makewetalk2:
What is palliative?

So you think you know more than the people using the words abi? Relief from or of suffering is not palliative abi?
I guess you are eager to write WAEC and NECO that's why you' feel you know everything and from this display of your senselessness, it really showed that you know nothing.

Oponu!

1 Like

Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by Trojan00(m): 9:07am On Apr 12, 2020
wonuks:
Chai. "There's no major world crisis without a spiritual undertone. Be wise" ~ Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, April 11, 2020
a man of God that didn't see the crisis coming when an ordinary psychic predicted it, the type of illness and when the whole would contract it. He cannot be forming woke now o. Make pastor just keep quite
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by Justiceleague1: 9:25am On Apr 12, 2020
Excuzeme:

Afonjas love Pigs. grin grin

Help me greet your lovely PIrents
grin

1 Like

Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by Forex360(m): 1:14pm On Apr 12, 2020
IkpuNneGi:
Yes

Born and brought-up......from nkanu west

And you have the guts to call gburugburu a female governor

His humility to everyone one has made people of your kind to think that he is weak.

Any man that want to rule out state have to do that with iron hand.
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by IkpuNneGi(m): 2:40pm On Apr 12, 2020
Forex360:

And you have the guts to call gburugburu a female governor

His humility to everyone one has made people of your kind to think that he is weak.

Any man that want to rule out state have to do that with iron hand.
I guess Ebeano and Sullivan's arrogance scattered Enugu State??
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by jelinco1982(m): 3:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
Your able governor that can not use his brain before relaxing the lockdown.
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by makewetalk2: 2:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
Hahaha my guy. You took days to do your research to get back to me.
What you said right there does not mean palliatives. Stop forcing the word to fit into your lack of education. You cannot change the dictionary for us. Go to school.
Realist5:

I Too Know.

Palliative is an approach that improves the quality of life of patients and their families facing the problem associated with life-threatening illness, throughthe prevention and relief of suffering by means of early identification and impeccable assessment and treatment of pain and other problems, physical, ...

If you quote me with that your bend mouth again eh. You think sharing garri and beans on the street is what I meant by palliative? I swear you don't have brain.
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by makewetalk2: 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
What you said right there does not mean palliatives. Stop forcing the word to fit into your lack of education. You cannot change the dictionary for us. Go to school.
Realist5:

I Too Know.

Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by makewetalk2: 2:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
They are absolutely wrong. We all use the same dictionary. Those people using it are not bigger than the English language. News headlines (and I mean bloggers especially) are written by humans and not Robots. The fact that the bandwagon are using it does not make it correct either. It is absolutely wrong. There are many other words that fit into that context. "Palliatives" is not the right word. Learn and live! I am not a genius but this is basic English, my man. You don't need to be a genius to know that basic words like that do not match the sense of what you are trying to utter. Olodo
kayboy4y:

So you think you know more than the people using the words abi? Relief from or of suffering is not palliative abi?
I guess you are eager to write WAEC and NECO that's why you' feel you know everything and from this display of your senselessness, it really showed that you know nothing.

Oponu!
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by Realist5: 3:37pm On Apr 13, 2020
makewetalk2:

Check when I replied you. I don't argue with infants.
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by Realist5: 3:40pm On Apr 13, 2020
makewetalk2:
They are absolutely wrong. We all use the same dictionary. Those people using it are not bigger than the English language. News headlines (and I mean bloggers especially) are written by humans and not Robots. The fact that the bandwagon are using it does not make it correct either. It is absolutely wrong. There are many other words that fit into that context. "Palliatives" is not the right word. Learn and live! I am not a genius but this is basic English, my man. You don't need to be a genius to know that basic words like that do not match the sense of what you are trying to utter. Olodo

Your English teacher is teaching you rubbish that is why it took you 48hours to reply me. I have better things doing. If you're not satisfied with the usage, kindly hug a nearby transformer in your community. Slowpoke.
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by Nobody: 3:46pm On Apr 13, 2020
nellybadas:
To tell you how irresponsible our leaders are. The same person that arrested two pilots some days ago for allegedly endangering the lives of riverians. Is the same person that went on to relax movement for Easter. Who is deceiving who.? Now they are reversing it again. Even my 2year old son cannot behave like this.
I tell you
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by makewetalk2: 3:46pm On Apr 13, 2020
Realist5:

I Too Know.

Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by makewetalk2: 3:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
Oga you have nothing to do. stop feeling like you are Dangote of Africa. The transformer for una community no get power so I no go fit send you there.
I said what I said and you are wrong. Just because you see others using a word does not grant you the will to forgo your dictionary usage. You are lucky that this is only a forum where you can post incognito.
Realist5:

Your English teacher is teaching you rubbish that is why it took you 48hours to reply me. I have better things doing. If you're not satisfied with the usage, kindly hug a nearby transformer in your community. Slowpoke.
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by makewetalk2: 4:10pm On Apr 13, 2020
I will take the "infant" shade as a compliment. Nevertheless, palliative is not the right word to use. I am not here to denigrate you but to give a brother a 'hand up'. I am not trying to be a sage either. I am into this field and I can confirm that the word is utterly wrong. Next time, find a word or phrase out of the list below to use.

present, donation, offering, contribution, handout, presentation, bestowal, largesse, alms, charity, bonus, award, premium, bounty, boon, favour, bequest, grant, endowment, benediction, handout, aid, benefit, charity, subsidies, alms, dole, donations, food gifts, gift share, portion, modicum, quota, donation, parcel, welfare, almsgiving, pittance, philanthropy, dispensation, buroo, distribution, division, relief, subsistence, allotment, apportionment, trifle, mite, government benefit, public assistance, allowance, living relief assistance, social assistance
Realist5:

Check when I replied you. I don't argue with infants.
Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by naptu2: 4:21pm On Apr 13, 2020
makewetalk2:
I will take the "infant" shade as a compliment. Nevertheless, palliative is not the right word to use. I am not here to denigrate you but to give a brother a 'hand up'. I am not trying to be a sage either. I am into this field and I can confirm that the word is utterly wrong. Next time, find a word or phrase out of the list below to use.

present, donation, offering, contribution, handout, presentation, bestowal, largesse, alms, charity, bonus, award, premium, bounty, boon, favour, bequest, grant, endowment, benediction, handout, aid, benefit, charity, subsidies, alms, dole, donations, food gifts, gift share, portion, modicum, quota, donation, parcel, welfare, almsgiving, pittance, philanthropy, dispensation, buroo, distribution, division, relief, subsistence, allotment, apportionment, trifle, mite, government benefit, public assistance, allowance, living relief assistance, social assistance

The word "palliative" is exactly the right word to use (depending on the intent of the user). Remember, a word can have several meanings and English is a living language. I recommend that you check the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary.

2) (formal) (usually disapproving) an action, a decision, etc. that is designed to make a difficult situation seem better without actually solving the cause of the problems

"Grants by themselves provide little more than a temporary palliative to ailing industries".

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/american_english/palliative

They could mean items that are meant to reduce the pain of the lock down, without actually removing the lock down. This is quite basic.

Furthermore, you can check the third definition in Merriam-Webster Dictionary. These are items that are meant to moderate the intensity of the suffering that is caused by the lock down.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/palliates

See also the Chambers Dictionary (the second screen shot below).

Re: Lock Down: Wike Reverses Position On Church Attendance For Easter by makewetalk2: 7:15pm On Apr 13, 2020
Alright, thanks.
naptu2:

The word "palliative" is exactly the right word to use (depending on the intent of the user). Remember, a word can have several meanings and English is a living language. I recommend that you check the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary.

https://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/american_english/palliative

They could mean items that are meant to reduce the pain of the lock down, without actually removing the lock down. This is quite basic.

Furthermore, you can check the third definition in Merriam-Webster Dictionary. These are items that are meant to moderate the intensity of the suffering that is caused by the lock down.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/palliates

See also the Chambers Dictionary (the second screen shot below).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Imagine If Nigeria's Past Heroes Were Instagram Users... Lmao See For Yaself / Ango Abdullahi Replies Emir Sanusi Over His Comments About The North / Nnamdi Kanu In Court, Judge Denies Bail Application: Pictures & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.