Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,899 members, 7,855,658 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 07:22 AM

Underestimating M. Ali Was The Mistake Of A Lifetime Says G. Foreman - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Underestimating M. Ali Was The Mistake Of A Lifetime Says G. Foreman (297 Views)

Atalanta Assuming Mbappe Will Be Fit For Champions League Clash With PSG, Says G / "The One Mistake Ronaldo Made In His Career" - Carlo Ancelotti / See The Great Mistake Of Cristiano Ronaldo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Underestimating M. Ali Was The Mistake Of A Lifetime Says G. Foreman by Jeboy(m): 10:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
After watching the Heavy Weight boxing Championship bout where George Foreman KOed the powerful Ken Norton & made him look like an average boxer, Ali being interviewed after the fight near the ring side being the next challenger described the strength and weakness of George Foreman and promised to whoop his ass in Zaire Kinshasha in the presence of the Lumumba boys in a fight tagged Rumble in the jungle.

Later on Ali went into the fight and executed what he said at a time George Foreman was seen as a beast.

The greatest boxing lesson I can deduce here is exactly what George Foreman says years after that his mistake was underestimating the tenacity of Mohammed Ali.

I think this is a lesson for all. Know your opponents.

Boxing lovers what can you say about this match still being regarded as the greatest boxing bout of all times.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la-sp-muhammad-ali-george-foreman-friendship-20160604-snap-story.html%3f
Re: Underestimating M. Ali Was The Mistake Of A Lifetime Says G. Foreman by Freestainworld(m): 10:43pm On Apr 11, 2020
the way Anthony Joshua got whooped by Ruiz, the same way the big mouthed and unskilled Wilder got destroyed by pillow fist Fury, and the same way A.J will destroy fury in time to come, that is boxing, underestimate your opponent at your own peril, it happened to Mike Tyson against buster Douglas, happened to Lewis against Rahman, all it takes is just one punch, the difference will be made.

1 Like

Re: Underestimating M. Ali Was The Mistake Of A Lifetime Says G. Foreman by Jeboy(m): 10:55pm On Apr 11, 2020
I quite agree with your submission that history usually repeats itself because you need to see the video of how Ali described Foremans strength and weakness and how he plans to outbox him with confidence. I got si much respect for Ali men.

Fast forward to Fury Vs Wilder, Fury also described Wiider as a bully who will be confused on the offensive. Exactly the same game plan Fury talked about was what he executed. History keeps repeating itself.

Freestainworld:
the way Anthony Joshua got whooped by Ruiz, the same way the big mouthed and unskilled Wilder got destroyed by pillow fist Fury, and the same way A.J will destroy fury in time to come, that is boxing, underestimate your opponent at your own peril, it happened to Mike Tyson against buster Douglas, happened to Lewis against Rahman, all it takes is just one punch, the difference will be made.

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Believe Westhof Sold The Match (video) / FC Seoul Apologizes For ‘sex Dolls’ In Stands / Man Utd Hero Schmeichel Told Neville He Wasn’t Good Enough To Replace Parker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.