Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,751 members, 7,820,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:43 PM

What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? - Politics (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? (73286 Views)

How Buhari’s Coronavirus Campaign Compares With Uk’s / Anxiety In PDP Over Presidential Campaign In S/west / PDP’s Plot To Zone VP To S-west Or S-south, Satanic, Barbaric, Inhuman —Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by humilitypays(m): 7:17am On Apr 13, 2020
DanArrewa:
Dear Op

We all know you are just trying to generate insult to the north...

You're in a revenge mission via how I exposed your lies yesterday...

Kano alone is in every aspect more productive than all the eastern states...

Apart from Assembling and packaging fake products in Aba what other things does south east contribute to Nigeria?? Nothing

They're all traders scattered all over Nigeria... Benefiting from their host communities!!

The north at other hand deliver 80% of food produce in Nigeria...

Tomatoes, Beans, fruits, groundnut,soybeans, cow milk and many others...

Na we still dey give una meat...

Cows, goats, rams and jacky that some of u consume...

The north just need to invest more on human development... And watch her hit her peak

The north is too blessed...

So now I want the easterners to tell me apart from trading... Tell me what other things do you guys contribute to Nigeria?

What is it that Nigerians consume that is produced in igbo land?
Most of you have never traveled outside your tribal state, so you can comfortably sit in your hut and type whatever comes to your brain.

The reason Igbos are wiser than most tribes is their travelling history and habit. A traveler is wiser than a grey hair man that sits in one place, I didn't create that well known adage. An average Igbo man aside his home state must have visited and spent time in more than 2 states that are not Igbo states, which makes him see things happening in other regions and adapt faster and make sound judgments.

Now let me tell you. Southeast produce their own rice. If Southeast were to be a country of its own, EbonyI state alone can produce enough rice that will feed the whole southeast and some southsouth, that's self sufficiency. If you doubt me, visit Ebonyi state or Google Abakaliki rice.

Anambra is another southeast state that cultivate rice in commercial quantity that is also sold outside Southeast region.

In Imo state, Ohaji Egbema is a big community known for commercial farming of yam, cassava, palm oil, etc. Most of the cassava consumed in Nigeria comes from Akwa Ibom, Imo, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Abia and Delta states. I used to supply cassava to industries in Ogun, Lagos, Enugu, etc, so I know what I am talking about. If you care to know, Nigerian States that are considered to be the largest producers of palm oil are Akwa-Ibom, Abia, Imo, Rivers, Enugu, Edo, Ondo, Bayelsa, Cross River and Delta.

Akwa-Ibom, Imo state are the highest producer of palm oil in Nigeria, followed by Ogun/Ondo states, then others. Southeast is the highest producer of palm oil in Nigeria which was one of Nigeria's major exports in the 70s and even 80s such that Malaysian government came to Nigeria to get palm nuts to start their own palm oil plantations which they export worldwide today.

Palm kernel too used in manufacturing so many household items you are using comes mostly from the Southeast.

Yes Fulanis are known for cattle farming, but are you aware that Igbos are into cattle farming too Some communities and entrepreneurs in Anambra and Abia are into cattle farming, make a research by visiting.

Now, one other misconception most of you from the north and some Yorubas have about Southeast region which is borne out of political marginalization after the civil war is your mischievous belief that Southeast does not produce crude oil.

Let me educate you, Southeast also produce crude oil, Adax Petroleum, Shell and even Mobil have been exploring crude oil in some southeast communities since 1970s till date. Have you heard of Uguta It's a crude oil producing community in Imo state. Ohaji Egbema too have. Nekede have oil wells cordoned by federal government for decades waiting exploration. They have cordoned oil wells around FUTO area communities too.

In fact, Adax Petroleum does most of its crude oil exploration in Uguta. Are you aware that there is a Shell Oil camp, a massive housing estate for Shell Oil workers in Owerri Imo state that was built around the 60s or so and still existing till date

Go to Abia state, there are so many oil wells and oil producing communities producing the crude oil revenue shared in Nigeria.

Okay let's go to Aba the Southeast commercial hub where many things are locally produced and exported to African countries. This is the most important of all not some natural resources which does not make any nation become industrialised or technologically developed. The human-capital development going on in Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka can lead to a national industrial and technological revolution in a well structured government with good government policies.

Make out time to travel around southeast and your perspective about Igbos will change completely like those that did.

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Nobody: 7:27am On Apr 13, 2020
CONFAMA:

Sure, because you're an asslicking slave, you can't see beyond your nose. Keep on deluding yourself

Deluding?

For saying the right thing?
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by DanArrewa: 7:33am On Apr 13, 2020
humilitypays:
Most of you have never traveled outside your tribal state, so you can comfortably sit in your hut and type whatever comes to your brain.

The reason Igbos are wiser than most tribes is their travelling history and habit. An average Igbo man aside his home state must have visited and spent time in more than 2 states that are not Igbo states, which makes him see things happening in other regions and adapt faster and make sound judgments.

Now let me tell you. Southeast produce their own rice. EbonyI state alone can produce enough rice that will feed the whole southeast and some southsouth, that's self sufficiency. If you doubt me, visit Ebonyi state or Google Abakaliki rice.

Anambra is another southeast state that cultivate rice in commercial quantity that is also sold outside Southeast region.

In Imo state, Ohaji Egbema is a big community know for commercial farming of yam, cassava, palm oil, etc. Most of the cassava consumed in Nigeria comes from Imo, Ogun, Oyo, Osun, Abia and Delta states. I used to supply cassava to industries in Ogun, Lagos, Enugu, etc, so I know what I am talking about.

Imo state is the highest producer of palm oil in Nigeria, followed by Osun state, others. Southeast is the highest producer of palm oil in Nigeria which was one of Nigeria's major exports in the 70s and even 80s such that Malaysian government came to Nigeria to get palm nuts to start their own palm oil plantations which they export worldwide today.

Palm kernel too used in manufacturing so many household items you are using comes mostly from the Southeast.

Yes Fulanis are known for cattle farming, but are you aware that Igbos are into cattle farming too Some communities and entrepreneurs in Anambra and Abia are into cattle farming, make a research by visiting.

Now, one other misconceptions most of you from the north and some Yorubas Make Is your mischievous belief that Southeast does not produce crude oil. Let me educate you, Southeast also produce crude oil, Adax Petroleum, Shell and even Mobil have been exploring crude oil in some southeast communities since 1970s till date. Have you heard of Uguta It's a crude oil producing community in Imo state. Ohaji Egbema too have. Nekede have oil wells cordoned by federal government for decades waiting exploration. They have cordoned oil wells around FUTO area communities too.

In fact, Adax Petroleum does most of its crude oil exploration in Uguta. Are you aware that there is a Shell Oil camp, a massive housing estate for Shell Oil workers in Owerri Imo state that was built around the 60s or so and still existing till date

Go to Abia state, there are so many oil wells and oil producing communities producing the crude oil revenue shared in Nigeria.

Okay let's go to Aba the Southeast commercial hub where many things are locally produced and exported to African countries. This is the most important of all not some natural resources which does not make any nation become industrialised or technologically developed. The human-capital development going on in Aba, Onitsha, Nnewi and Awka can lead to a national industrial and technological revolution in a well structured government with good government policies.

Make out time to travel around southeast and your perspective about Igbos will change completely like those that did.
everything you mentioned above is below average in igbo land.... Igbos don't have land for farming..

Igbos don't produce anything that is exportable to other regions except palm oil...

An average farmer in the north own not lest than 10 hectare of farm plants...

Why an average eastern traders own not more than 1 hectare...

Igbos have no fertile land for agriculture and have no land mask for that...

I have been to east... Almost all the the agriculture produce in the east is from the north

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 13, 2020
zionmde:

Check ur vicinity, observe carefully wat an average northerner does, compare dat with an average westerner (I mean d uneducated ones)
Then be truthful to urself if wat am saying is a lie
They fetch water
they see clothes
they dispose waste bin
Suya for night
Bike
etc. they just do anything possible to feed.

Northerners in the West come here with the mindset of working and saving up enough. If you go to the north, you'll see the lazy Northerners there too. Will you travel to U. S to laze around? This cannot be used as a basis for determining a tribe's hardwork or laziness.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by omonnakoda: 7:40am On Apr 13, 2020
Thiwalade:

Northerners in the West come here with the mindset of working and saving up enough. If you go to the north, you'll see the lazy Northerners there too. Will you travel to U. S to laze around? This cannot be used as a basis for determining a tribe's hardwork or laziness.

There is academic research that compares migrants to those that stay at home in terms of their drive, motivation and attitude to work. So what you say is sensible. Even in the same family we observe the same phenomenon, those who leave home are more driven and hungrier to succeed than those who stay at home

3 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Bluffly: 7:46am On Apr 13, 2020
kettykings:
please intelligent discuss only.

Due to popular demand, i have added the GDP comparisons between the different zones / regions in the country

and the North is still miles ahead of the SW .
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nigerian_states_by_GDP
The entire North against Southwest or South.
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by humilitypays(m): 7:54am On Apr 13, 2020
DanArrewa:
everything you mentioned above is below average in igbo land.... Igbos don't have land for farming..

Igbos don't produce anything that is exportable to other regions except palm oil...

I have been to east... Almost all the the agriculture produce in the east is from the north
Palm Oil alone is Indonesia's major export earning them $billions of revenue.

Being an effective farmer or farming community goes beyond land mass.....farm mechanization matters. Wait until more Igbo entrepreneurs venture into cattle farming, then you will know that to produce healthy beef or milk is not by trekking all over Africa with herds of cattle forming herdsmen, but by applying best modern practices to maximize output.

Did I also tell you that Abia, Imo are one of the highest producers of cashew in Nigeria Ebonyi state is also the highest producer and major source of salt production in Nigeria....so stop being misled okay

To you, farming is all about groundnut, wheat, cow, potato.....other farm produce don't matter to you.

Most of the items you use in your home are made from starch which comes from cassava which comes from Southeast, Benue, Kogi, palm oil, palm kernel which comes mostly from southeast region.

Stop listening to political propaganda of your political elites who tell you all horrible things about southeast region and how southeast region have nothing and have small landlocked barren lands, yet they refuse to let them leave Nigeria in peace, what does that tell you

If Southeast were to be a country of its own, crude oil from southeast states will be more than enough for Southeast and small for export but not in large quantity deposits as found in Akwa-Ibom, etc.....but mind you, several oil wells and crude oil sites in Southeast were intentionally abandoned by Northern-controlled federal government since the end of civil war as a way of sidelining southeast region and discouraging Igbos from seeking for further secession.....if Southeast gets her freedom peacefully, so many intentionally abandoned crude oil sites will be explored....Akwa-Ibom have the highest crude oil deposit in Nigeria, and they share close leg-border with Abia state, what does that tell you Rivers, Delta states that also have large deposits of crude oil also share close leg borders with Southeast communities, what does that also tell you

My brother, travel and see,I doubt you have been to the east or stayed long there to learn more about southeast, you rely mostly on fabricated stories and hate-words from political jobbers......stop living in Kano state forever, travel out of the north and visit southeast and your misconceptions about Igbos and Igbo region will change completely like those of your type that did.
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by myobjective: 7:58am On Apr 13, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

Afonja are you the gay partner of the idiot I responded to? Otherwise where the fucck did you crawl out from you irritating vermin? While at it, what state are you from? Let's start the IGR comparison between whatever shit hole you come from and Abia state.

Just calling your senseless ranting out.
Most time people from the potopoto republic brag just about everything, even when the reality point to a people that should be sober about how backward their region has become under the leadership of "kerosene distributor"

Apart from Ekiti most southwest state have better internal generated revenue than Abia state. It will be demeaning to compare any part of the southwest that Abia the shit hole capital.

4 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by gwafaeziokwu: 8:01am On Apr 13, 2020
DanArrewa:

grin
Your are so Delusional.

Here below are screen shots from Nigeria Agricultural Export commodities 2004/2005

Note the emphasis on EXPORT.

Pic.1 The number of people farming for export per state

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by gwafaeziokwu: 8:03am On Apr 13, 2020
Pic 2. Agricultural Product export by state.

I know you are shocked. Abia and Imo exports your "groundnut pyramid" grin grin

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by gwafaeziokwu: 8:05am On Apr 13, 2020
Pic 3 grin grin

Imo exports more cashew than Kaduna,KebbI, Kastina, Bauchi and most northern states. Anambra, Enugu, Abia also throw in thier weight

Did you see that figure for Abia state export of Cocoa?

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by DanArrewa: 8:06am On Apr 13, 2020
humilitypays:
Palm Oil alone is Indonesia's major export earning them $billions of revenue.

Being an effective farmer or farming community goes beyond land mass.....farm mechanization matters. Wait until more Igbo entrepreneurs venture into cattle farming, then you will know that to produce healthy beef or milk is not by trekking all over Africa with herds of cattle forming herdsmen, but by applying best modern practices to maximize output.

Did I also tell you that Abia, Imo are one of the highest producers of cashew in Nigeria

To you, farming is all about groundnut, wheat, cow, potato.....other farm produce don't matter to you.

Most of the items you use in your home are made from starch which comes from cassava which comes from Southeast, Benue, Kogi, palm oil, palm kernel which comes mostly from southeast region.

Stop listening to political propaganda of your political elites who tell you all horrible things about southeast region and how southeast region have nothing and have small landlocked barren lands, yet they refuse to let them leave Nigeria in peace, what does that tell you

If Southeast were to be a country of its own, crude oil from southeast states will be more than enough for Southeast and small for export but not in large quantity deposits as found in Akwa-Ibom, etc.....but mind you, several oil wells and crude oil sites in Southeast were intentionally abandoned by Northern-controlled federal government since the end of civil war as a way of sidelining southeast region and discouraging Igbos from seeking for further secession.....if Southeast gets her freedom peacefully, so many intentionally abandoned crude oil sites will be explored....Akwa-Ibom have the highest crude oil deposit in Nigeria, and they share close leg-border with Abia state, what does that tell you Rivers, Delta states that also have large deposits of crude oil also share close leg borders with Southeast communities, what does that also tell you

My brother, travel and see,I doubt you have been to the east or stayed long there to learn more about southeast, you rely mostly on fabricated stories and hate-words from political jobbers......stop living in Kano state forever, travel out of the north and visit southeast and your misconceptions about Igbos and Igbo region will change completely like those of your type that did.
baba the oil producing region we all know is south south...

The only thing you produce is palms oil which other regions also have...

I have travelled down south east...

Anam ani igbo nke Oma... Onweghi ihe ndi nwere haga eji Mara Anyi aka na Nigeria...

So ihe unu nwere bu mmanu nri...

Igbo land contribute almost nothing to Nigeria pause

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by DanArrewa: 8:09am On Apr 13, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

grin
Your are so Delusional.

Here below are screen shots from Nigeria Agricultural Export commodities 2004/2005

Note the emphasis on EXPORT.

Pic.1 The number of people farming for export per state
stop showing me fake stats

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by gwafaeziokwu: 8:12am On Apr 13, 2020
DanArrewa:
stop showing me fake stats

grin grin grin

Hahahaha . We love busting myths. It's our hobby.
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by gwafaeziokwu: 8:13am On Apr 13, 2020
Pic 4. Let's look at palm oil . Do you observe the bloody nose farmers in the east and the deep south is giving your arid region?

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by humilitypays(m): 8:16am On Apr 13, 2020
DanArrewa:
baba the oil producing region we all know is south south...

The only thing you produce is palms oil which other regions also have...

I have travelled down south east...

Anam ani igbo nke Oma... Onweghi ihe ndi nwere haga eji Mara Anyi aka na Nigeria...

So ihe unu nwere bu mmanu nri...

Igbo land contribute almost nothing to Nigeria Treasury

So Adax Petroleum,Shell Oil are wasting their time and resources in Imo and Abia states exploring crude oil ba

So salt that is mostly produced in Ebonyi state which I am sure you will use this morning to drink kunu and fura is a waste

So the palm kernel used in producing the soap you use for bathing, mastur*bation, washing clothes, etc and even in making creams you rob to lighten up in order to attract Aisha and Saidat are all waste ba

My brother now I can see that you are just here to argue for arguing sake out of your political dislike for Igbos, so I can leave you to enjoy yourself......but the facts and figures stand for all to see...and if you and your northern brothers truly believe that Igbos have nothing to offer and have a barren land, then kindly start the process of peaceful division of Nigeria into regions that wish to leave in peace, and after 50 years, you can go back and check records and see.

I am done, have a lovely day ahead
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by gwafaeziokwu: 8:16am On Apr 13, 2020
Pic 5.

Ebonyi and Abia states exports sugarcane grin grin grin

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by gwafaeziokwu: 8:20am On Apr 13, 2020
humilitypays:
So Adax Petroleum,Shell Oil are wasting their time and resources in Imo and Abia states exploring crude oil ba

So salt that is mostly produced in Ebonyi state which I am sure you will use this morning to drink kunu and fura is a waste

So the palm kernel used in producing the soap you use for bathing, mastur*bation, washing clothes, etc and even in making creams you rob to lighten up in order to attract Aisha and Saidat are all waste ba

My brother now I can see that you are just here to argue for arguing sake out of your political dislike for Igbos, so I can leave you to enjoy yourself......but the facts and figures stand for all to see...and if you and your northern brothers truly believe that Igbos have nothing to offer and have a barren land, then kindly start the process of peaceful division of Nigeria into regions that wish to leave in peace, and after 50 years, you can go back and check records and see.

I am done, have a lovely day ahead

Leave the guy. He is going to cry today. We are still on Agricultural Product. We have not entered finished goods.
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by demmie1: 8:27am On Apr 13, 2020
kettykings:

when Nigeria was created , there just 3 regions , so today the discussion was raised based on the 3 regions
ignoramus, so SS was part of the three regions
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by lastempero: 8:36am On Apr 13, 2020
omonnakoda:
The concept of "production" is an outdated concept of economic output.

The UK GDP Is nearly $3 trillion . 80 % of that is SERVICES
RICH countries shift production to low cost centres to focus on more profitable activity

Amazon is valued at $1 trillion
GOOGLE at $ 800 billion

Those two examples should do

What do they produce ?

The world has moved on
MTN, Glo, Zenith produce nothing but are among our biggest companies.

Production is not everything though even in manufacturing Lagos is the leader
The question is why is nearly 60% of VAT collected in Lagos? MORE THAN THE WHOLE NORTH

And if you believe that a developing nation will leap from developing to a tech savvy nation then you must be a bad economist. Step by step,we must undergo an industrial revolution b4 thinking of being a tech savvy nation n probably service providing nation.
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Ritchiee: 10:34am On Apr 13, 2020
BoboNkiti19:

Whether you accept it or not you're the slaves here. The only political hopes of your people still somehow been in control of their resources and lands will be if Tinubu stays alive for the next several years, as long as he remains your only political lifeline of keeping the Southwest under tight control... then you might have to keep looking over your shoulders cause not will be Igbos take over the key economies of your states soon, the Fulani will keep putting their own people in key positions in all your parastatals of government. Your next saving grace is if a Yoruba man somehow becomes president of this country(which on the true reflection of political calculations/permutations) I don't see happening... otherwise una own don finish patapata

A dirty slave making permutations.....GBAM!! grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Tunde835(m): 10:41am On Apr 13, 2020
kettykings:

Apart from covenant university can you name any private university in ogun stare state that has more than 1000 university students with proof.

All these GDP figures flying around with no proof makes very little sense
D GDP from d post is from Wikipedia nd is dated 2010 nd d $141 billion is from 2018

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Westtimeline: 10:58am On Apr 13, 2020
IamAtikulate:

Kaduna vs Ogun, let do the comparison
You can start with industry.

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by omonnakoda: 11:04am On Apr 13, 2020
Tunde835:
D GDP from d post is from Wikipedia nd is dated 2010 nd d $141 billion is from 2018
2008 Wikipedia
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by kettykings: 11:13am On Apr 13, 2020
Tunde835:

So you can post yours and the source so we can analyze . Please don't quote any source from NBS
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by nisai: 11:17am On Apr 13, 2020
kettykings:

So you can post yours and the source so we can analyze . Please don't quote any source from NBS
I am struggling to understand the boldened, pls help me understand.

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 11:38am On Apr 13, 2020
Thiwalade:

I hope u see wat is happening all over Ogun state and Lagos
It's not just enough to counter an opinion because someone is saying something about ur tribe dat u don't like. it's dis period of time dat u will see d effect of lazy Yoruba youths loittering everywhere. they have now become a source of unrest to residents of the states
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by zionmde: 11:43am On Apr 13, 2020
Perkins2018:

Trust me your parents who taught you hatred from childhood would have done that first.
https://www.nairaland.com/5787012/lockdown-inter-state-travelling-share-experience/3

go through this thread and tell me about the hardworking Yoruba youths. sometimes people like u everything as tribal competition and anything dat doesn't favour ur tribe becomes a tribal attack.
people don't feel safe again in Lagos and Ogun but other states are locked down and people are fighting to survive
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by reality1010: 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2020
kettykings:
•Reaction to ‘The North has already destroyed itself (2)’

By Sanusi Maiwada

I wish to register my total disagreement with the half-truths and innuendos presented by columnist Dele Sobowale. He prides himself as a well educated economist who has been contributing to economic matters for well over four decades. Yet, he flaunted not only inaccurate figures but also deliberately manipulated data to incite the gullible public in southern Nigeria. He has so far made two series under this obnoxious heading and is primed to go the long haul if he is not stopped in his tracks.

Let me begin by exposing some of the wrong information in his diatribe. The North of Nigeria is not a parasite and will never be. From historical times, this region has had agriculture as the main occupation of its people. We remember, with nostalgic feelings, the famous groundnut pyramid, the cotton belts of some northern provinces and the revenue generated by the colonial government which provided the seed capital for oil exploration in the defunct Eastern Region of the country. A region so steeped in the provision of the most basic needs of man cannot be said to be a parasite. If we had had sound political and economic leaders since independence, the North would by now be feeding the entire African continent.

For the purpose of illustration, I will narrate my experience going to Enugu from Abuja. Anyone familiar with the route from Abuja, through Ajaokuta to Otukpa and then on to Nsukka and 9th Mile, will know that it takes nearly 10hrs to get to Enugu because of bad road. In a distance of about 83kms between Otukpa and Enugu, I lost count of the number of trucks conveying cattle, goats, onion, tomato, beans, sweet potato, Irish potato and many other agricultural produce from the North to the South-East. Remember, these are locally produced items and not some imported luxury goods using dollars purchased from the CBN. Pray, what does the South-West produce that compares in economic importance to what comes from the North? Mr. Sobowale misfired again by showing a wrong table for the zonal allocation of the $22. 7 billion loan being sourced by the Federal Government. One big error is the grouping of Taraba State as part of the North Central. The Mambilla hydroelectric power project, which has an allocation of about $5 billion, is in the north eastern part of the country. Therefore, it is preposterous to assert that the North-East has lost in the ‘Bonanza’, a cruel and mischievous attempt to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it. It is noteworthy, however, that projects are located and prioritized based on needs assessment. Nation building is a continuous process. Therefore, no nation starts the construction of all necessary projects at once due to paucity of funds. Another gross failure in the columnist’s presentation is the notion that the South-West is only benefitting $200 million from the loan. This is also not true. The Lagos to Kano railway project costing over $5 billion will run through Ibadan, Ilorin, Minna, Kaduna, Zaria and then on to Kano. Already, the Lagos to Ibadan section has been completed. Mr. Sobowale was not fair and objective enough to tell his largely southern audience that a railway line, just like any other means of transportation, has a starting point and a terminus. The North has had to endure the blatant injustice of not starting this project from both Lagos and Kano ends. He never bothered to address an issue like this which speeds up the execution of projects because it is not his people that are at the receiving end. Finally, Mr Sobowale insinuated that the South will shoulder 80% of the loan repayment burden. I do not know how he came about this. Perhaps, this man should give us a detailed explanation of how this is going to happen. The oil in the Delta does not belong to only the people of the Niger Delta or the South. I believe this issue was settled a long time ago, that all mineral resources found within the boundary of a country belongs to each and every citizen of that country. Thank goodness, the value of the black gold is falling. We shall soon see who the real parasite is. I do not support President Buhari’s government policy of political exclusion. It is grossly unfair to treat the South-East of Nigeria as an outcast. It would have been a game changer if the President had embraced the region like others despite not voting for him in 2015. The opposition against his re-election from the region in 2019 would not have been as fierce. But with his insensitive attitude to the region, the people are right to continue to oppose him. I sincerely hope that a redress will be made to bring everyone on board. It is not too late. In conclusion, I think it is time to hold a Sovereign National Conference, Restructuring or whatever kind of gathering we desire to thrash out some lingering sociopolitical problems our country has been facing. It is pretty clear that our country is not yet a nation. There have been so many misconception, misinformation, falsehood and injustice perpetrated either deliberately or otherwise against many parts of the country. Virtually every section feels marginalized and abandoned one way or the other. Citizens like Mr Sobowale who have the opportunity to shape public opinion should be very careful and use their pen for the benefit of all. •Maiwada can be reached via maiwadasanusi5@gmail.com

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/04/what-does-the-s-west-produce-that-compares-with-the-north/
OP,in as much as I know the north produce more of non oil products than the south west and the entire southern Nigeria,however you failed completely when you acknowledge the loads of trailers of food products from the north as what comes from the north but ended up saying that the oil in the delta belongs to the whole Nigeria. if your agricultural products belong to you , it means my oil belongs to me. and remember oil revenue drives the agricultural inputs your people receive from federal govt especially the anchor borrowers program. if Nigeria is restructured like you claimed to pray for,oil will be restructured as well.while you v comparative advantage in agricultural products,we v ours in oil and it's derivatives.what will then count is the skills and foresight of the leaders from both side. as per sobowale,he dishes out wrong information which his people r the only one that believe it.
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Donice01: 12:44pm On Apr 13, 2020
Here's an update of the ongoing railway project in Lagos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBedfQ9mWik
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Perkins2018: 1:27pm On Apr 13, 2020
zionmde:

https://www.nairaland.com/5787012/lockdown-inter-state-travelling-share-experience/3

go through this thread and tell me about the hardworking Yoruba youths. sometimes people like u everything as tribal competition and anything dat doesn't favour ur tribe becomes a tribal attack.
people don't feel safe again in Lagos and Ogun but other states are locked down and people are fighting to survive

Another opportunity to show how stupid you are. Ogun and Lagos were the first states to be on lockdown. Wait until other states get to two weeks. Btw, an Igbo man is already committing suicide in anambra.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Perkins2018: 1:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
zionmde:

I hope u see wat is happening all over Ogun state and Lagos
It's not just enough to counter an opinion because someone is saying something about ur tribe dat u don't like. it's dis period of time dat u will see d effect of lazy Yoruba youths loittering everywhere. they have now become a source of unrest to residents of the states

People are already committing suicide in anambra. Wait until their lockdown get to two weeks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (103) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Kano Visit: See How Northerners Responded To Adamu Garba's Attack / "Ole, Ole": Residents Chant As Dino Melaye Arrives Kabba, Kogi. Pics/Video / Bayelsa Governorship Election 2019: Updates, Results And Live Monitoring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.