Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? - Politics (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? (73187 Views)

How Buhari’s Coronavirus Campaign Compares With Uk’s / Anxiety In PDP Over Presidential Campaign In S/west / PDP’s Plot To Zone VP To S-west Or S-south, Satanic, Barbaric, Inhuman —Ohanaeze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Covidodo: 6:35pm On Apr 17, 2020
Redcrafton:

Do you expect him to remain at a point. You guys typical don't maintain a stand. What you say in the morning becomes opposite but night fall.
remember the term used by one of you...."unreliable and shady char...." FFK
I am not surprised if he debunked, whatsoever, but everyone knows Lagos doesn't belong to the Yorubas. You may have other parts of Lagos state like Ikorodo, Badagry and EPE...which are typical like your other cities of Abeokuta, Ibadan and Oshogbo
Reread the nonsense you just typed .. cheesy
Are you punch drunk or what
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by LegendHero(m): 6:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
Herdsmen:

Been long I last heard that comment... used to a major propagating material southwest used to draw support from middle belt.. but became stale .. mid 80’s..
Now someone want to continue from where they stop.
Those people are so marshed with ignorance that they’ve com to believe their lies..

If I say Yoruba people are ignorant about lot of things .. they will think is an insult.because they’ve come to believe their lies..
Yet
On daily.. they display this ignorance..

Shut up! It is on record that the Action group manifesto was for the support of the right of self-determination by every ethnic and linguistics group within the framework of a federal Nigeria.

It was the Igbos that colluded with the same North to deny the people of the middle-belt their right to leave.

Isn’t that what the Igbos did to Adaka Boro too?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Akanbiedu(m): 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2020
Nowenuse owned this one. A bottle of Burukutu for Nowenuse.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Apr 17, 2020
Tobrasky:

Noise noise noise. Ogbeni you can't invest in the East because the level of competition is too high there, and the cost of living is higher compared to your region. All these your yarns na just tales by moonlight. Lots of your brothers and sisters are plenty in the East, especially in Enugu, Owerri and parts of Anambra... even Obigbo in PH where I come from, na your people plenty here mostly doing artisan works, cabu cabu and other semi-skilled forms of labor... The problem with your Yorubas is that your people HARDLY travel out except to the UK... so your views and perceptions of others is very tunnel-visioned to a spectrum of sheer ignorance and myopia. Travel out and see your people all over the East! the most popular stock in trade of your people here in the East is hawking agbo jedi jedi in motor parks. In every part of Nigeria, in the South South regions and far North Igbos have 10x more properties, economic presence and commercial monopoly than your people (FACTS NOT FEELINGS). Even in the so called USA and UK, Yorubas CAN NEVER out-compete the Igbos in any area and indices of accomplishments whether in education, political appointments, sports, etc you name it! I'll give you a slight advantage in the UK cause you have the highest ethnic demography in Nigeria/Africa... but anywhere else? No fuccking way mate.

I won't speak for others but I know you are surely not addressing Yorubas with that statement in bold.

Why would any Yoruba, even for the purposes of investment, go to the SE? A hotbed of monotony, tedium and intolerance lacking in vibrancy and cosmopolitan appeal? You think everything is about money above all else for Yorubas as is the case for you Igbos?

Yorubas are not emptily materialistic like Igbos who can invest in and move their entire generation to Afghanistan or Sambisa forest.

For an educated and exposed Yoruba with choices there are far better and more rewarding places to invest in than the SE with it intolerance over religion, culture, ethnicity, caste, etc etc. Backward sums it up.

Even when the Yoruba invests outside his domain, he wants to learn and move forward. How does any investment in the backward SE facilitate that for an omoluabi? Yorubas who have anything to do with the SE are there because they have no choice.

Yorubas who have choices never go to the SE willingly because there is nothing attractive about the place. It would be a horrible and nightmarish downgrade move for me.

8 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Covidodo: 6:43pm On Apr 17, 2020
candidtalk:

I won't speak for others but I know you are surely not addressing Yorubas with that statement in bold.

Why would any Yoruba, even for the purposes of investment, go to the SE? A hotbed of monotony, tedium and intolerance lacking in vibrancy and cosmopolitan appeal? You think everything is about money above all else for Yorubas as is the case for you Igbos?

Yorubas are not emptily materialistic like Igbos who can invest in and move their entire generation to Afghanistan or Sambisa forest.

For an educated and exposed Yoruba with choices there are far better and more rewarding places to invest in than the SE with it intolerance over religion, culture, ethnicity, caste, etc etc. Backward sums it up.

Even when the Yoruba invests outside his domain, he wants to learn and move forward. How does any investment in the backward SE facilitate that for an omoluabi?

That place is a dead zone Abeg .. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Akanbiedu(m): 6:44pm On Apr 17, 2020
This thread has further confirmed my believe that a typical Yoruba does not really understand Nigeria and the psychology of other Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Tobrasky: 6:48pm On Apr 17, 2020
LegendHero:

You are saying none sense. What do you mean by Igbos out-compete Yorubas in the USA?

Let’s put it like this, go to universities across USA and check all their graduating lists both Undergrad and graduate schools (Especially graduate schools). The Yorubas far dominate those lists. I challenge any Igbo to come here and contest this claim.

Now talk to anyone working in corporate America. Those companies of Google, VISA, Intel, Deloitte, Microsoft, and many more companies have a large concentration of Yorubas than any tribe in Nigeria.

Infact ask any Igbo guy in USA that attend the NSBE convention which is a large composition of black engineers in USA. The Yorubas are usually the most of the employees that speak with students in those conventions. You will know they are Yorubas because of the name tag around their necks. Ask anyone that went to NSBE Pittsburgh convention in 2018.

Most of those Fortune 500 companies have WAZOBIA network within them . Ask anyone from there and they will tell you the Yorubas dominate that sector when you’re talking about Africans.

Next is the African restaurant/ food store industry coz that’s where most informal sector of Africans invest in. Ghanaians top in these when we are talking of Africans but I am very sure the Yorubas are the top when talking about Nigerians. Even in Atlanta here you will see a lot of those Nigerian restaurants/food stores have major Yorubas.

Next will be if you’re trying to talk about the people working minimum wages and it will be so hard to quantify that or even go as far as checking for ethnic domination coz it’s baseless.

What do you mean by Igbo outperform Yorubas in USA? I’ve been asking lot of you guys to always substantiate your statements with evidence.

Dude I live in the USA AND I'M CHALLENGING YOU to prove to me that Yorubas top the indices among the Nigerians in any field of academia, I CHALLENGE YOU! na fool you dey follow talk? I challenge you to name any academic landscape or terrain in whatever major/field right now among all the top HBCU's, Ivy leagues, private schools, state schools etc name it and I'll deny you with even more cognitively researched facts. All the top graduating lists for Undergrad, graduate and doctorate programs in all the majors you can think of almost invariably has Igbos/Yorubas and other South South tribes especially Edos among the preponderance of names, but Igbos always have the edge on a cumulative average. I go to school in UC San Diego here in California, and I have access to a good catalog of academic years of all semesters for all the graduating sets for both UC's, CSU's and even the high schools here in California, and I can guarantee you that if you see 10 Nigerian names of the best performing students orchestrated for scholarship programs, at least 5 of those names are Igbo sounding names. And I'm sure the same applies for other top schools across the states as well.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by LegendHero(m): 6:52pm On Apr 17, 2020
Tobrasky:

Dude I live in the USA AND I'M CHALLENGING YOU to prove to me that Yorubas top the indices among the Nigerians in any field of academia, I CHALLENGE YOU! na fool you dey follow talk? I challenge you to name any academic landscape or terrain in whatever major/field right now among all the top HBCU's, Ivy leagues, private schools, state schools etc name it and I'll deny you with even more cognitively researched facts. All the top graduating lists for Undergrad, graduate and doctorate programs in all the majors you can think of almost invariably has Igbos/Yorubas and other South South tribes especially Edos among the preponderance of names, but Igbos always have the edge on a cumulative average. I go to school in UC San Diego here in California, and I have access to a good catalog of academic years of all semesters for all the graduating sets for both UC's, CSU's and even the high schools here in California, and I can guarantee you that if you see 10 Nigerian names of the best performing students orchestrated for scholarship programs, at least 5 of those names are Igbo sounding names. And I'm sure the same applies for other top schools across the states as well.

Okay. I don’t like too much stories and I always love doing things with references.

I live in ATL and working in one of those corporate America industries and before I can speak like this you should know I am well versed in this kind of issue.

Let’s take 10 schools and check the list of the Graduating students. Let’s take Graduate schools (master’s and PhDs) for example to streamline the data. Engineering and IT should be considered coz that is the sector that Nigerian grad students always tend to dominate.

Most school always release their graduating list online and we can deduce from that one. Are you game?

No need of too much back and forth!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Herdsmen: 6:52pm On Apr 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Shut up! It is on record that the Action group manifesto was for the support of the right of self-determination by every ethnic and linguistics group within the framework of a federal Nigeria.

It was the Igbos that colluded with the same North to deny the people of the middle-belt their right to leave.

Isn’t that what the Igbos did to Adaka Boro too?

You can’t resurrect a dead and failed propaganda..
Yoruba narratives..

Awo was only trying hard to get at Zik.. any other thing na Yoruba history. No be national history.

A man from middle belt told you same.. but Yoruba will always come to show ignorance

If na Igbo man said that.. nairaland for don catch fire.
Go to middle belt and make same comment.. they will address you properly

When you get . Tell your parents to shut up.. some of you are raise with insults.. especially the daft fools.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Tobrasky: 6:54pm On Apr 17, 2020
candidtalk:

Even when the Yoruba invests outside his domain, he wants to learn and move forward. How does any investment in the backward SE facilitate that for an omoluabi? Yorubas who have anything to do with the SE are there because they have no choice.

Yorubas who have choices never go to the SE willingly because there is nothing attractive about the place. It would be a horrible and nightmarish downgrade move for me.

You can never beat the East when it comes to commerce, property ownerships, civil service, education in any part of the South South and North

Even in the diaspora it's the same story

Other Nigerians especially Northerners are heavily present in the East, they buy lands here and develop them into small communities... Enugu is fast becoming a cosmopolitan state as a result of influxes of many foreign and local investors.

Your people are the myopic and starkly ignorant ones who NEVER travel out to see and explore the other sides of reality besides the nonsense they read online about the East, na only UK una dey run go. There's no point arguing with a man who's mind and perceptions are precluded on ignorance and lack of exposure, that's why the Igbos will always top you in all indices all over Nigeria except in your region.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by LegendHero(m): 6:55pm On Apr 17, 2020
Herdsmen:

You can’t resurrect a dead and failed propaganda..
Yoruba narratives..

Awo was only trying hard to get at Zik.. any other thing na Yoruba history. No be national history.

A man from middle belt told you same.. but Yoruba will always come to show ignorance

If na Igbo man said that.. nairaland for don catch fire.
Go to middle belt and make same comment.. they will address you properly

When you get . Tell your parents to shut up.. some of you are raise with insults.. especially the daft fools.

You are drunk. The same middle belt that consist of Kwara and part of Kogi Yorubas is where you’re asking me to go and ask?

You are a drunkard!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Tobrasky: 6:58pm On Apr 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Okay. I don’t like too much stories and I always love doing things with references.

I live in ATL and working in one of those corporate America industries and before I can speak like this you should know I am well versed in this kind of issue.

Let’s take 10 schools and check the list of the Graduating students. Let’s take Graduate schools (master’s and PhDs) for example to streamline the data.

Most school always release their graduating list online and we can deduce from that one. Are you game?

Do you have access to the academic database for previous and recent undergrad and grad programs for schools in ATL (I'm sure you can get those from the school catalogs online)?, post just one academic year, and let's compile all the Nigerians in all the fields, release your own make I release my own
I'm game bro.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Covidodo: 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Let’s take 10 schools and check the list of the Graduating students. Let’s take Graduate schools (master’s and PhDs) for example to streamline the data.

Yay!!!!
I like this

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Nowenuse: 7:00pm On Apr 17, 2020
LegendHero:

You are more slower. What do you mean by jos look better than Ibada. I think we have trashed this argument and you shifted your stance to Ibadan and Kaduna. Your own definition of better is greeneries and topography and one would but wonder if you are okay.

Nope. I was amazed what you mean by Jos is better than IB which explained why I asked you what areas are you talking about. I asked you to tell me where you think Jos was better. Is it in Education? Economies? Infrastructure? Glory? People? etc. It is again a real insult in trying to compare Ibadan with Jos on all these indices.

You are saying nonesense. So these food and beveragies companies in Ibadan alone Fan Milk Plc, Yale foods, Procter & Gamble (P&G), CWAY group, Nigerian Eagle Flour mills, Lister Flour Mills, Seven-Up Bottling Company Plc, Sweetco Foods Limited, Premier Feed Mills, British American Tobacco, Nigerian Breweries, etc. to mention a few. are what you call Micro industries?

The joke is on you. I don't even know where to start the comparison coz it is just plain rubbish trying to compare Jos and Ibadan. On all indices backed by statistical reference, Jos should be competing with Maiduguri and not Ibadan.

Again know when people igore ignorance. I will engage you if you have said something more intellectual. 7mining companies? what is their worth collectively? How much do they contribute to the GDP of Jos? Last I heard, Plateau is swimming in the bottom whenever list of States with GDP and IGR are being discussed. Your own sources since all this while is mere hearsays and fabriation of statistics from your brain.

When people see you have no sources to back your claim, they will generally ignore you. Coz what is there to talk about when reality is totally different from your fantasies.

You are a liar. Sho us the reference that Jos had the biggest ultramodern market in west Africa. I want to see your sources.

Other areas like topography and greenery? Is that now what you understood by development? I laugh when you first started talking about topography when we first discussed Ibadan and Jos development on this thread. After a superior argument from me, you cowed out and started shouting Kaduna. You have spoken with double mouth on this thread and always changing perspective on topic which reveal you to the audience as being confused.

UCH alone is better than all the hospitals in the whole Plateau. Do you even know what they call UCH? Oyo have another teaching hospital in Lautech.

Lastly, You are so confused on this thread and you have been too contradictory. Stick to one premises and defend them one after the other. Stop confusing yourself.

And I've been WFH which explained why I've been on and off on the thread.

You people complain that someone does not post statistics and references, but when one does, you people do not even bother to read it.

I posted multiple links citing the Jos ultra modern market and u said I didn't.
Now, here is it for the whole world to see, say I didn't again and thunder will locate you. ..

https://thenationonlineng.net/jos-upon-model-market/amp/

http://www.aitonline.tv/post-reconstruction_of_the_burnt_jos_main_market_begins

Stop claiming nonsense. The only reason why I mentioned Kaduna in comparison with Ibadan was because I found it difficult to compare a city on a flat land to a city on mountains!
Nothing else!
Did I not agree with you that we should go on with the comparison between Jos & Ibadan?

Oh and here you are now asking me how much all the Tin mining companies in Jos are worth, but when I asked you the same question about the micro-companies in Ibadan, of their worth in comparison to Nasco, you guys have been crying that Nasco is all I have grin

This is the reason why other Nigerians stereotype you people as hypocrites. You guys cannot collect what you dish out to others.

I call those companies in Ibadan Micro-companies cos all them are mere branch industries of bigger business conglomerates based in Lagos or overseas, save for Yale foods & Sweetco who have their headquarters in Ibadan
Take for example the Cway u have been making noise with, they have branch industries in Benin, Kaduna and 6 other cities in Nigeria.

https://cwaygroup.com/history

Fanmilk is a Danish company and it's headquarters in West Africa is in Ghana and not Ibadan.
They only have a plant in Ibadan, same way they have in Kano and dozens of other cities a cross the subcontinent

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_Milk

So, how on Earth do you expect me to put all these mini-industries in the same category with Nasco?
These mini companies cannot even compare INTEGRATED DAIRIES JOS (the biggest dairy industry in Nigeria that sources it's products locally). It's headquarters is in Jos.

These are the kind of companies we should be talking about and not one small branch warehouse with a plant being called a company!

Check Western statistics and see how companies are classified with a city. They are done based on the headquarters of that company in that city!

Crown flour mill has it's headquarters in Lagos.

You have been making mouth about educational institutions in Ibadan and I just gave you a bomber that we have 2 Universitiy teaching hospitals in Jos, only for you to start saying that UI teaching hospital is better than the 2 in Jos.
Are you not now falling back to my theory that 10 cupcakes and not up to 1 mega cake?

For God's sake, if u are not a stark hypocrite, why do you attack me when I say Nasco is worth more than all the micro industries in Ibadan? Yet now u are asking me the worth of all the mining industries in Jos? And also telling me how UI TH is better than UJTH & BUTH?

Stop being a stark hypocrite.

Do u want to go by numbers or quality? Which?

Jos has 11 tertiary institutions.
1) University of Jos
2) Bingham university
3) Karl Kumm university
4) Plateau state polythecnic
5) Federal college of Forestry
6) National Veterinary research institute Vom
7) Nigerian college of Accountancy Jos
cool Federal college of Animal health and Production technology Vom
9) NTA Television college Jos
10) Plateau state college of health Technology, Zawan
11) ECWA college of Education, Jos

Mind you, I said Jos not Plateau state. All these schools are within Jos- Bukuru-Kuru-Vom-Zawan urban area.

Pls can we see the list of tertiary institutions within Ibadan?

Jos wildlife park is the only of it's kind in West Africa. Same with our ultra modern market which was burnt down but is being reconstructed.

Can we see the exclusive things Ibadan has on Nigeria or West Africa ??

And mind you, some of those stupid financial statistics you people fly here and there, you people don't know that these things are subject to population & cost of living right?

If Kano or Oyo state has a higher IGR than Plateau state, it definitely is because Oyo & Kano states have twice the population of Plateau state!
It only becomes a problem when a state like Ekiti with lower population has a higher IGR or economy than Plateau state and it is not an oil producing state.
So, only a foool will compare the economic GDP of Oyo & Plateau state and be happy, forgetting than Oyo has an estimated 10 million people, while Plateau state is not more than 5 million people.

Also, cost of living matters and that is where the GDP PPP comes in and Per capital PPP.

4 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Covidodo: 7:02pm On Apr 17, 2020
Tobrasky:

You can never beat the East when it comes to commerce, property ownerships, civil service, education in any part of the South South and North

Other Nigerians especially Northerners are heavily present in the East, they buy lands here and develop them into small communities... Enugu is fast becoming a cosmopolitan state as a result of influxes of many foreign and local investors.

Your people are the myopic and starkly ignorant ones who NEVER travel out to see and explore the other sides of reality besides the nonsense they read online about the East, na only UK una dey run go. There's no point arguing with a man who's mind and perceptions are precluded on ignorance and lack of exposure, that's why the Igbos will always top you in all indices all over Nigeria except in your region.
Which indices Abeg ..
Post the socioeconomic indices here.
Yoruba/SW is the number one in Nigera

3 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by LegendHero(m): 7:06pm On Apr 17, 2020
Tobrasky:

Do you have access to the academic database for previous and recent undergrad and grad programs for schools in ATL (I'm sure you can get those from the school catalogs online)?, post just one academic year, and let's compile all the Nigerians in all the fields, release your own make I release my own
I'm game bro.

Okay let us go. Yes some of the schools always have their commencement lists online.

Let us paste Engineering and IT department of those schools especially in Graduate schools (MS and PhD) to streamline the data.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Herdsmen: 7:07pm On Apr 17, 2020
LegendHero:

You are drunk. The same middle belt that consist of Kwara and part of Kogi Yorubas is where you’re asking me to go and ask?

You are a drunkard!

How many states are in middlebelt? What’s the arrangement in 60’s?

Yoruba una ignorance always always radiate .. and a palm tapper calling another drunk?

Actually though you have something.. you keep disappointing.

Haba!
Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 17, 2020
Tobrasky:

You don't top the Yorubas anywhere we wish to live and work in or have a presence. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.

Where Yorubas are absent, because of disinterest in said place, of course you Igbos can be flawed kings there.

All you Igbos know to celebrate, because of inferiority complex, are phantom achievements and fraudulent embellishments.

4 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Goke7: 7:15pm On Apr 17, 2020
Tobrasky:

the problem with you guys is that you never agree that anyone is before you. Someone here has put it rightly about you guys nature which is 'I Go First'. learn to let go and give credit to where its due, it does not reduce you but confirms your true identity. Igbos number one problem is Identity-wanting to be what they are not.

Even if we come up with evidence to show that northerners do more trade in lagos than you guys [which is true], you will still not agree. That you have houses and cars everywhere does not mean you guys alone have all the money.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Blue3k(m): 7:18pm On Apr 17, 2020
wowcatty:
You are out of your mind! Oil is not the main earner for Nigeria, that myth is long busted! Oil brings some income but can't be compared to what comes out of the two ports alone. Again, over 60% of the money Nigeria spends come from Yorubaland.

Lol is lying and chestbeating about imaginary accomplishments part of your culture? It's funny people are ready to believe any lie because it strokes their ego. Here's the CBN annual report 2018 regarding federally collected revenue. Notice oil is over half like I told you.

Common sense would tell you this but Im guessing it's in short supply. It's oil that account for nearly 60% of revenue for 2018.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.cbn.gov.ng/Out/2019/RSD/2018%2520AR%2520KAMA1.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwj98_-xifDoAhUBX60KHZZzC0kQFjABegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw1yEeGYJzbgupLaJHYUJbcl

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by forgiveness: 7:21pm On Apr 17, 2020
Zukerberg:

The OSU will shift post now grin

Hahahaha! But the guy na Jos guy ooo. This I know very well. grin

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Tobrasky: 7:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
LegendHero:

Okay let us go. Yes some of the schools always have their commencement lists online.

Let us paste Engineering and IT department of those schools especially in Graduate schools (MS and PhD) to streamline the data.
I can only preen the infometric data for Nigeria students in the undergrad and graduate programs for IT, pharmD, Nursing, Public Health, Humanities/arts here in California, I have no info for ATL. I'll open a new thread in a bit and tag you, so we should rest these noise once and for all. I hope you have your lists available, even in GIT and GSU, I can guarantee you the best Nigerian students from all recent academic calendars were Igbos on the higher number index, with Yorubas grappling for second place.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Barbilius: 7:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
Nowenuse:

You people complain that someone does not post statistics and references, but when one does, you people do not even bother to read it.

Now, here is it for the whole world to see, say I didn't again and thunder will locate you. ..

Stop claiming nonsense. The only reason why I mentioned Kaduna in comparison with Ibadan was because I found it difficult to compare a city on a flat land to a city on mountains!
Nothing else!
Did I not agree with you that we should go on with the comparison between Jos & Ibadan?

Oh and here you are now asking me how much all the Tin mining companies in Jos are worth, but when I asked you the same question about the micro-companies in Ibadan, of their worth in comparison to Nasco, you guys have been crying that Nasco is all I have grin

This is the reason why other Nigerians stereotype you people as hypocrites. You guys cannot collect what you dish out to others.

I call those companies in Ibadan Micro-companies cos all them are mere branch industries of bigger business conglomerates based in Lagos or overseas, save for Yale foods & Sweetco who have their headquarters in Ibadan
Take for example the Cway u have been making noise with, they have branch industries in Benin, Kaduna and 6 other cities in Nigeria.

Fanmilk is a Danish company and it's headquarters in West Africa is in Ghana and not Ibadan.
They only have a plant in Ibadan, same way they have in Kano and dozens of other cities a cross the subcontinent

So, how on Earth do you expect me to put all these mini-industries in the same category with Nasco?
These mini companies cannot even compare INTEGRATED DAIRIES JOS (the biggest dairy industry in Nigeria that sources it's products locally). It's headquarters is in Jos.

These are the kind of companies we should be talking about and not one small branch warehouse with a plant being called a company!

Check Western statistics and see how companies are classified with a city. They are done based on the headquarters of that company in that city!

You have been making mouth about educational institutions in Ibadan and I just gave you a bomber that we have 2 Universitiy teaching hospitals in Jos, only for you to start saying that UI teaching hospital is better than the 2 in Jos.
Are you not now falling back to my theory that 10 cupcakes and not up to 1 mega cake?

For God's sake, if u are not a stark hypocrite, why do you attack me when I say Nasco is worth more than all the micro industries in Ibadan? Yet now u are asking me the worth of all the mining industries in Jos? And also telling me how UI TH is better than UJTH & BUTH?

1) University of Jos
2) Bingham university
3) Karl Kumm university

Mind you, I said Jos not Plateau state. All these schools are within Jos- Bukuru-Kuru-Vom-Zawan urban area.

Jos wildlife park is the only of it's kind in West Africa. Same with our ultra modern market which was burnt down but is being reconstructed.

And mind you, some of those stupid financial statistics you people fly here and there, you people don't know that these things are subject to population & cost of living right?

If Kano or Oyo state has a higher IGR than Plateau state, it definitely is because Oyo & Kano states have twice the population of Plateau state!
It only becomes a problem when a state like Ekiti with lower population has a higher IGR or economy than Plateau state and it is not an oil producing state.
So, only a foool will compare the economic GDP of Oyo & Plateau state and be happy, forgetting than Oyo has an estimated 10 million people, while Plateau state is not more than 5 million people.

Also, cost of living matters and that is where the GDP PPP comes in and Per capital PPP.
Institutions in Ibadan.
University of ibadan
Polytechnic ibadan
Lead city university
Federal school of statistics
Federal college of health and agriculture, moor plantation.
Koladaisi university
Federal college of forestry
Federal cooperative College cocoa research institute of Nigeria
National Institute of social and economic research
International institute of tropical agriculture
National root crop research institute
Institute of agricultural research and training
Forestry research institute of Nigeria
National horticultural research institute
Ibadan city Polytechnic
First technical university
Nigerian agricultural quarantine institute
Below are iita pictures. Hope you post pictures of some of the institutions in Jo's let's compare

5 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Covidodo: 7:22pm On Apr 17, 2020
Nowenuse:

Nothing else!

1) University of Jos
2) Bingham university
3) Karl Kumm university

Ibadan has about 15 tertiary institutions and that's definitely more than Jos.

Wait oo , what kinda yeye reasoning is this .

Going by your logic, Kano , Kaduna and Katsina should probably have the highest IGR apart from Lagos . Why are states like Delta , Rivers and Ogun shitting on them ?? Please don't shift goal post cheesy
Economics is not your forte . You dropped the ball there cheesy cheesy

Oyo is not on the same level with your Plateau economically and that is the fact

I can't type much now . Might update the list later

6 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Gabkosh: 7:24pm On Apr 17, 2020
Redcrafton:

Audio estates. Are people living there or not?
Lol, you can only fool your fellow gullible not me. You can let us start only if you have brain to.

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Zukerberg: 7:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
forgiveness:

Hahahaha! But the guy na Jos guy ooo. This I know very well. grin

You are an Omoluabi and being deceived like this.
He always acts as if he is mainly because he lives in the North but he is an OSU.
All the characteristics are there for you to decipher an OSU from afar.

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Goke7: 7:25pm On Apr 17, 2020
Honestly I don't get the comparison with Ibadan [third largest city in Africa] some people are sick sha

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Tobrasky: 7:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
candidtalk:

You don't top the Yorubas anywhere we wish to live and work in or have a presence. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.

Where Yorubas are absent, because of disinterest in said place, of course you Igbos can be flawed kings there.

All you Igbos know to celebrate, because of inferiority complex, are phantom achievements and fraudulent embellishments.
Have you been to the North before? Like any part in the North

South South nko? have you even traveled outside your region before? The only aspect where you at par with Igbos across the regions in Nigeria is education (and I'll still give the Igbos a slight edge here cause we have bigger populations than you people anywhere in Nigeria), every other indices whether in the private and public sectors nationwide? una no reach one bit. The only place you can boast about beating Igbos considerably is your region, and not by impressive margins for that matter cause Igbos are significantly present in whatever areas you hold sway in your region.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by forgiveness: 7:27pm On Apr 17, 2020
Tobrasky:

Noise noise noise. Ogbeni you can't invest in the East because the level of competition is too high there, and the cost of living is higher compared to your region. All these your yarns na just tales by moonlight. Lots of your brothers and sisters are plenty in the East, especially in Enugu, Owerri and parts of Anambra... even Obigbo in PH where I come from, na your people plenty here mostly doing artisan works, cabu cabu and other semi-skilled forms of labor... The problem with your Yorubas is that your people HARDLY travel out except to the UK... so your views and perceptions of others is very tunnel-visioned to a spectrum of sheer ignorance and myopia. Travel out and see your people all over the East! the most popular stock in trade of your people here in the East is hawking agbo jedi jedi in motor parks. In every part of Nigeria, in the South South regions and far North Igbos have 10x more properties, economic presence and commercial monopoly than your people (FACTS NOT FEELINGS). Even in the so called USA and UK, Yorubas CAN NEVER out-compete the Igbos in any area and indices of accomplishments whether in education, political appointments, sports, etc you name it! I'll give you a slight advantage in the UK cause you have the highest ethnic demography in Nigeria/Africa... but anywhere else? No fuccking way mate.

Cost of living is very cheap in Aba.

1 Like

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by forgiveness: 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
Zukerberg:

You are an Omoluabi and being deceived like this.
He always acts as if he is mainly because he lives in the North but he is an OSU.
All the characteristics are there for you to decipher an OSU from afar.

No, I got to know him in foreign affairs forum 3 or 5 years ago. He even showed pictures of things about him. I can't remember.

He is definitely not from the East. Trust me.

2 Likes

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Ayekotoo(m): 7:30pm On Apr 17, 2020
Gabkosh:
You mean nestoil sponsored by Yoruba man bank GTB

Laughing out loud grin

Sulaiman Adebola Adegunwa OFR, is a Nigerian businessman, philanthropist, and former chairman of Sterling Bank Plc. He is the founder and chief executive officer of Essay Holdings Limited; Parent Company of Rite Foods Limited.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki
Sulaiman Adebola Adegunwa - Wikipedia

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Does The S/west Produce That Compares With The North? by Ayekotoo(m): 7:36pm On Apr 17, 2020
Iamgrey5:
I don't honestly know what is wrong wit you bruv

Mining and Tourism does not contribute up to 5% of Nigerian GDP..

You are just making bassless argument.

Even at that how does large scale mining take place when train is dead and federal roads are bad?

And how does tourism survive amongst the intertribal war going on in Jos and Plateau in general?

Anyways you have proven to be a man that is hardly honest on this thread.

Regardless, I actually thought you would bring in Stats from.a reputable institution that would show that Jos is more economical viable than Oyo and Ogun. I forgot all you got is Nasco.

Nasco is not even ranked among the first twenty most valuable company in Nigeria.

Honestly! You have proven to be nothing but an empty vessel.

Nasco biscuits kee you grin when we got valuable companies in South west.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (103) (Reply)

Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video / Governor Ganduje Snubs Prophet Chukwuemeka Odumeje Ohanaemere (Video) / Charly Boy Blasts Willie Obiano: You Look Like An Old Drunk Palmwine Tapper (Pix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.