Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States (18385 Views)

Godiya Akwashiki Says Outrage Against N37bn NASS Renovation Budget Misplaced / PDP Probes Senators, Reps For Voting Lawan, Gbaja / Buhari ‘Favours’ Lawan, Gbaja To Lead 9th National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Angelfrost(m): 10:36am On Apr 12, 2020
Doesn't matter... If they choose to listen, and hand the money over to states for palliative action, the common man still won't get a dime...
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by OmoManU: 10:38am On Apr 12, 2020
Clap clap clap
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Miracle1991: 10:40am On Apr 12, 2020
This is not too much for the national assembly to sacrifice.even the constituency allowance this is the time for them to give their various constituency what rightly belong to them.
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Worksunlimited: 10:40am On Apr 12, 2020
They shouldn't give it to states but share it amongst it's citizenry via BVN.

This people shouldn't be stewpid na
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Akmike1983: 10:41am On Apr 12, 2020
And if they refuse God will kill all of then with Corona
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Buharigoodluck(m): 10:47am On Apr 12, 2020
SouthNigerian:
SERAP should SHARAP jere!

What's the difference between 5 & 6? The N37Billion renovation funds have been placed on "Latter Looting" by the Senate due to the pandemic.

Calling for the said money to be distributed to States means "Express Looting".

Afterall, we commoners never see any money. Na so so Audio sharing we dey hear.
. common sense is not common
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Nobody: 11:05am On Apr 12, 2020
Hello Family
I am a dad of 3 children, my wife and I are currently incapacitated, we could hardly feed, I am a known person on this platform, I created this account to hide from shame.

My wife is frustrated and I've been consuming unimaginable insults lately

Please any amount would go a long way, God will not put us to shame.
Union Bank :007132_44_71
God bless you as you save our lives
Thank you
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Pedrocross4568(m): 11:07am On Apr 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Can they? Never.

That 37bn can go round 37,000 households at N100,000 each.
Bros we are talking of #37,000,000,000 and not 3.7b. So what we have is 370,000 households at 100k each and #185,000 for every Nigerians if we go by 2,000,000 population.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Crowned47(m): 11:18am On Apr 12, 2020
[quote author=SpecialAgent post=88353941]grin Lol, even if you put a gun to thier faces, they will rather offer you a cut than dash the entire money to d states for the benefits of the citizens.[/quote
]
Its won't make any difference even if it's shares among the state.. The money won't still get to the downtrodden
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by senatordave1(m): 11:28am On Apr 12, 2020
GamalNasser:
Is this how we are going to be wasting resources on Relief that never gets to the poor and is always stolen ?
Orr.you can see it.the only way it gets to them is by cancelling electricity bills

1 Like

Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by sidonlook: 11:42am On Apr 12, 2020
bizzibodi:
Which states so that they will embezzle it abi?let Dem give it to d masses.

I agree with you but it is a complex situation.

It is a complex situation because of our high corruption and inability of the government to have reliable and altruistic monitor of how the relief materials are distributed.

If the money is left with the NASS, it will still be looted in the name of NASS renovation and would be a gross irresponsibility of our government at this time..

If the money is shared among the states, it will still be looted at the state level.

The best approach I think would be to set up a conglomerate of charity organisation and let them work out the modalities for equitable distribution of any relief, if the money is to be channelled to COVID 19 relied.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by damwaves: 11:59am On Apr 12, 2020
Abi won tise ni....... Useless animals
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by XklusivGistBlog(m): 12:02pm On Apr 12, 2020
Xscape1993:
What a country! The pains in my heart are much for our nation.

Take steps bro.
Lets fight for our future... In God

1 Like

Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by dboo442: 12:05pm On Apr 12, 2020
wind has blown and we have seen the yanh of fowl...make i just take chill pill and wait for season 2.
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Onlyonebuhari: 12:17pm On Apr 12, 2020
They aren't supposed to be told before they willingly do that but the greediness in their head won't allow them to do that.
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Daboomb: 1:12pm On Apr 12, 2020
bjayx:
And if they don't??

Coronavirus fall on you. tongue tongue undecided
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by crafteck(m): 1:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
Emily22:
One of the best ways to celebrate Easter 2020 is by keeping your heart pure and filling it with utmost love. I wish you all a very happy Easter Sunday!

We are talking 37 billy and you are talking nonsense

1 Like

Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Daboomb: 1:16pm On Apr 12, 2020
sidonlook:

I agree with you but it is a complex situation.

It is a complex situation because of our high corruption and inability of the government to have reliable and altruistic monitor of how the relief materials are distributed.

If the money is left with the NASS, it will still be looted in the name of NASS renovation and would be a gross irresponsibility of our government at this time..

If the money is shared among the states, it will still be looted at the state level.

The best approach I think would be to set up a conglomerate of charity organisation and let them work out the modalities for equitable distribution of any relief, if the money is to be channelled to COVID 19 relied.

Using a whopping #37Billion for renovation, shows that Corruption has killed Nigeria!
That money can build Three NEW NASS! we are talking of Billions, not Millions!!
They earmark the Money to build one standard Hospital in each state and Abuja and SERAP and other NGO's should be allowed to monitor the spending.
Thunder fire all these theiving Politicians in the NASS
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by femixville(m): 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2020
Wait o, are they constructing new Assembly with the #37B or, they're renewing it into a new different design entirely..
Hmmm... NASS, hmm.. That money can build a new phase of same NASS.. This nation bastardise almost everything.. Naija no well o, swears!
Later, one SGF will say he doesn't know the health sector is worst.. When consuming all the national wealth like snake dey swallow eggs..
God save the next generation, cos the remnant of the last generation like baba buhari nd the rest, have fested their whole life destroying the present generation.. Thn, I pity the next coming, that is if only God help them.
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Emily22(m): 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
crafteck:

We are talking 37 billy and you are talking nonsense

All d ones una don talk....shey anything change?
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Geoyyaq: 1:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
When you hear some things in my dear country Nigeria you will think of which of our predecessors cursed Nigeria.How can a country whose citizens are languishing in abject poverty think,propose,and wait for some set of looters to approve 37B for the renovation of a building that will not bring any special and specific values to the nation and her citizens. If 37b could be proposed and envisaged to renovate an existing building,how much will they use to build a novel building, 37trillion?

The paining thing is that the money will be looted by looters and perhaps government will probe the looters and the money will be rẹ-looted. That's cycle of Nigerian government.

Despite the abundance mineral resources embedded in our land and oceans, majority of the citizens live from hand to mouth.

Is Nigeria a cursed country?
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Ezmans: 2:01pm On Apr 12, 2020
GamalNasser:
Is this how we are going to be wasting resources on Relief that never gets to the poor and is always stolen ?
come 2023 you I'll see youths lining in the sun voting a vote that I'll not count, killing fellow youths because of these old ugly thiefs masquerading as humans
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by AsawanaDgreat: 2:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
Good advice after all the NASS Assembly is very okay the way it is.
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by bjayx: 2:34pm On Apr 12, 2020
ekestic1976:

They have shared you future and distributed it among themselves. Foolish cynic who doesn't know God.
Watch what you say
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by ItswellMike: 2:40pm On Apr 12, 2020
in their own voice...we are not in Abuja to spread Poverty
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Nobody: 3:40pm On Apr 12, 2020
A million into 3700 places is what they have collected to renovate a building? What if they want to build it?

We are finished.

It is painful reading Nigerian news!!
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by Nobody: 3:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
Ezmans:
come 2023 you I'll see youths lining in the sun voting a vote that I'll not count, killing fellow youths because of these old ugly thiefs masquerading as humans

The jazz that they use to get the retarded masses is simply CHRONIC POVERTY. Be richer and make them poorer, then you can always sit on the throne.

Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by wink2015(m): 4:42pm On Apr 12, 2020
Amedak:
It is a good suggestion but they won't take such advice, and if they do, another crooks will still loot the money.

This country need restructuring.

The disturbing and worrisome news is that borrowed funds in the form of foreign loans, Chinese loans to the federal government is also being abused, mismanaged and subsequently looted.

The federal government will borrow money in the name of developing our economic and social infrastructure but the money is misspent, hijacked to individuals pockets and their cronies.

Each regions or state should face its own affairs with a weak central federal government.
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by 9jaRealist: 4:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
Let it be “looted” by more people at the state and grassroot levels

Imagine your statement.... Then we have no moral obligation to blame anybody then since we are all thieves then

Exactly what part of the laughter emojis confused you? shocked
Was just about to call you illiterate, but Happy Easter! instead.SMDH
>
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by babyfaceafrica: 4:56pm On Apr 12, 2020
9jaRealist:

Exactly what part of the laughter emojis confused you? shocked Was just about to call you illiterate, but Happy Easter! instead.SMDH >
Are u done?
Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by CrestMan: 6:46pm On Apr 12, 2020
You can watch Pastor Chris Oyakhilome right now for a life transforming Easter program. Time is 6pm.
You can also connect online through the LIVETV MOBILE APP!

Re: SERAP Asks Lawan, Gbaja To Give ₦37 Billion NASS Renovation Fund To States by 9jaRealist: 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
Are u done?

Done with you? But of course...smh undecided
>

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Possible Rift In Boko Haram / Jonathan Didn’t Order Electricity Tariff Reversal, Ex-nerc Chair Replies Fashola / Jonathan Celebrates Father's Day At Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.