Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,719 members, 7,831,294 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! (2963 Views)

Presidency To Begin Town Hall Meetings Across Nigeria – Aide / PDP Officially Zones Presidency To North / Amnesty Package: Militants To Get N20,000 Each Monthly - N1,500 For Food Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Beaf: 2:47pm On Jan 04, 2011
I really can't undesrtand some of the donkey comments some clowns are making here. Do some of you think cooking for the Aso Rock is the same as simply going to market and getting a couple of yams? In todays Nigeria where opponents are threatening mayhem and bombs are exploding? That is idiocy!

Feeding anybody in Aso Rock is a matter of national security, and that will never ever come cheap. Hang yourselves if you like or go lay more bombs, we will crush you.

Yar Adua's govt spent N405.3m in normal times, in these unsecure times that, has naturally gone up to N574m. Die if you don't like it, but Aso Rock will be kept safe and GEJ will continue to be President.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by fstranger6: 2:54pm On Jan 04, 2011
You never fail to amuse me with your idiotic defenses!
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Beaf: 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2011
fstranger6:

You never fail to amuse me with your idiotic defenses!

You mean you have reached fstranger version 6 in just a few hours? Damn dude, what have done to annoy the mods so much??!!
You must be a hero of sorts! grin grin grin
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by philip0906(m): 3:05pm On Jan 04, 2011
Beaf:

I really can't undesrtand some of the donkey comments some clowns are making here. Do some of you think cooking for the Aso Rock is the same as simply going to market and getting a couple of yams? In todays Nigeria where opponents are threatening mayhem and bombs are exploding? That is idiocy!

Feeding anybody in Aso Rock is a matter of national security, and that will never ever come cheap. Hang yourselves if you like or go lay more bombs, we will crush you.

Yar Adua's govt spent N405.3m in normal times, in these unsecure times that has naturally gone up to N574m. Die if you don't like it, but Aso Rock will be kept safe and GEJ will continue to be President.
exactly my point. . .those euipments are imported and made of d finest steel,gold and technology u can imagine. . .d president/vice have 2 be safe along side his associates. . .aso rock has 2 be shielded 4rm bombs like d one we saw last week.we d masses should not worry cos they want d best 4 us by protecting themselves. . .d bombs can go o elsewhere,but not d villa/lodge. . .vision 2020 till i die
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Beaf: 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2011
philip0906:

exactly my point. . .those euipments are imported and made of d finest steel,gold and technology u can imagine. . .d president/vice have 2 be safe along side his associates. . .aso rock has 2 be shielded 4rm bombs like d one we saw last week.we d masses should not worry cos they want d best 4 us by protecting themselves. . .d bombs can go o elsewhere,but not d villa/lodge. . .vision 2020 till i die

Exactly! And not just that, there have to be tasters (even for a mere can of coke) and sophisticated gadgets that will analyse for harmful substances (for a mere can of coke).
The President also flies everywhere with full food security staff, gadgets, special cookers, special fridges that are more like safes, full compliment of power supply, 100% of his supplies, from chewing gum to rice.

Food in Aso Rock has to be a serious national security matter.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by holyeye(m): 6:09pm On Jan 04, 2011
Beaf:

Yar Adua's govt spent N405.3m in normal times, in these unsecure times that, has naturally gone up to N574m. Die if you don't like it, but Aso Rock will be kept safe and GEJ will continue to be President.

This post is worrisome and shocking!
Can't believe you would contribute that.
In my opinion it is gibberish
Especially in a country where we all work hard and earn nothing
Especially in a country where our natural resources earn plenty
Especially in a country where my people go hungy
It is very sad because boys are not smiling.
Please do not utter such in defence of GEJ anymore
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Kobojunkie: 6:11pm On Jan 04, 2011
philip0906:

[size=13pt]ROFLMAO[/size]!!! ! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by fstranger6: 6:15pm On Jan 04, 2011
Sup madam kobo?
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Gekko(m): 6:43pm On Jan 04, 2011
Perhaps if Madam Patience learn a thing or two from Michelle Obama they can save Nigerian  taxpayers some significant costs,  cool

Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Fhemmmy: 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2011
I hope this is not true
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 04, 2011
Beaf:

[s][Feeding anybody in Aso Rock is a matter of national security, and that will never ever come cheap[/s]. Hang yourselves if you like or go lay more bombs, we will crush you.

National security when bombs are going off everywhere ? shocked shocked

tongue angry
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Beaf: 9:56pm On Jan 04, 2011
^
I hope you understood what you just said? Do you see contradictions? Your argument beating itself into a coma?

holyeye:

This post is worrisome and shocking!
Can't believe you would contribute that.
In my opinion it is gibberish
Especially in a country where we all work hard and earn nothing
Especially in a country where our natural resources earn plenty
Especially in a country where my people go hungy
It is very sad because boys are not smiling.
Please do not utter such in defence of GEJ anymore

Tell me what part of your post contains an iota of logic or common sense. You simply made a very wretched appeal to sentiment rather than simple logic; its the sort of thing one would expect from a meat seller who hasn't gone to school. We all need to recoil from such crap.

Just to address one of your points; "Especially in a country where our natural resources earn plenty" shocked
How does the above add up to even the most rudimentary application of common sense? How does this affect the cost of food security for the President? Why should  the fact that Nigeria earns a lot from natural resources mean we should care less if the President is poisoned through lax security?

Dude, you have rocks in your head.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by lyfe(m): 1:00am On Jan 05, 2011
Very obvious that some people are working as a fulltime PR for these corrupt people.
They have good manner of presentating their arguement and they are well informed just about everything.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Nobody: 1:11am On Jan 05, 2011
lyfe:

Very obvious that some people are working as a fulltime PR for these corrupt people.
They have good manner of presentating their arguement and they are well informed just about everything.

most of them are on jonathan's personal payroll and are operating from the villa direct. cry
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Akainzo(m): 1:32am On Jan 05, 2011
Beaf:

You just proven yourself as a donkey with the above post. If you lack any power of comprehension, let me break it down for you.
1.57M daily ==> 3,140 tubers of yam at N500
1.57M daily ==> 7,850 cans of 1L Eva/Nestle Water @N200 each
1.57M daily ==> feeding 209 people at Transcorp Hilton rate of N7,500 lunch.
I am sure no company in Nigeria uses that to feed all its employees in a week. It's amazing how foolish you have started sounding.

I am sure you can justify the the furniture of N300M as well. Phucking corrupt idiots!
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by holyeye(m): 11:05am On Jan 05, 2011
Beaf:

^
I hope you understood what you just said? Do you see contradictions? Your argument beating itself into a coma?

Tell me what part of your post contains an iota of logic or common sense. You simply made a very wretched appeal to sentiment rather than simple logic; its the sort of thing one would expect from a meat seller who hasn't gone to school. We all need to recoil from such crap.

Just to address one of your points; "Especially in a country where our natural resources earn plenty" shocked
How does the above add up to even the most rudimentary application of common sense? How does this affect the cost of food security for the President? Why should the fact that Nigeria earns a lot from natural resources mean we should care less if the President is poisoned through lax security?

Dude, you have rocks in your head.

@ Beaf,
You need not turn a simple appeal into an avenue for fits cuff. You have become more ferocious with every mistake your boss makes. What has logic, sentiments and contradiction got to with my previous post? Gradually your reasoning capacity and ability to understand is being clouded by your rigid support for GEJ that even healthy constructive criticisms leave you wavering, tremulous, quavering and gasping for breath.

I broke the previous post into simple sentences for ease of understanding.

A recap, it is thought provoking for you to tell us that an increase in budget allocation for food is imminent because 'feeding anybody in Aso Rock is a matter of national security and that will never come cheap'. I strongly believe it is high time your boss and his cohorts (including you) embarked on intense fasting; you guys ate too much in 2010 thus the maligned actions these days.

Secondly, despite our huge deposits of natural mineral resources and corresponding returns, Nigerians still work hard and earn peanuts.

Lastly, such vote for food within the presidency is not apt when majority of Nigerians go to bed with little or no food.

I will overlook the insults in your previous post on the premise of your psychological instability. Our concerns are geared towards a better Nigeria where we all shall be beneficiaries God willing. Cheers
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by violent(m): 12:03pm On Jan 05, 2011

Please tell me someone hacked your account to type this shyt!. . .it surely can't be you, we must inform the administrators ASAP!
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by violent(m): 12:15pm On Jan 05, 2011
The lowest paid civil servant is expected by the federal government to survive and care for his family on #18,000 a month,  which is 1.14% of the President's daily pocket money!

Lawdy lord, and someone says our president is a humble breed? . . .how much would it cost tax payers if he's not?

No wonder he kept shut when allegations were raised on the NASS spending, he was busy munching his lunch made with the world's finest cooking materials.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Pharoh: 12:28pm On Jan 05, 2011
The first question people should ask is how much was spent from 1999 to date before criticizing the one for this year.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by violent(m): 12:39pm On Jan 05, 2011
Pharoh:

The first question people should ask is how much was spent from 1999 to date before criticizing the one for this year.

why should that be the basis?. . . .except of course, such questions were brought up with a view to probe the spending of the past administrations.

People should be asking " Given the current economical outlook of the country and the financial standing of the average Nigerian, Is the amount budgeted Justifiable?"

Spending 1.57 million on food /household maintenance, on a daily basis in a country where more than half of its population will never lay claim to half a million in their life time is ridiculous!

one wonders if the President dessert is made of platinum!
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Pharoh: 1:34pm On Jan 05, 2011
violent:

why should that be the basis?. . . .except of course, such questions were brought up with a view to probe the spending of the past administrations.

People should be asking  " Given the current economical outlook of the country and the financial standing of the average Nigerian, Is the amount budgeted Justifiable?"

Spending 1.57 million on food /household maintenance, on a daily basis in a country where more than half of its population will never lay claim to half a million in their life time is ridiculous!

one wonders if the President dessert is made of platinum!

Thats the root cause of the disagreements i have with you people, this is just blind hatred for the president. Remember when accommodation fee at the universities was increased from 100 naira to 1000 or is it 10,000 naira people complained and it was revered back to the former price. Please throw that economic outlook outside, what the focus should be is that at any point in time ( Bad or good economy ) is it right for the president to spend such amount of money on food alone?.

The above is the basis for my question that why can't we probe the past budgets instead of shouting here on nairaland that the president is this and that. I wonder if you people where blind to last years budget which was very close to this years figure. There has been unreasonable budget for this presidential feeding since 1999 so why are you guys crying about the one of this year? or you have not been following the budget since 1999? .  People are shouting that the senators are raking huge pay in terms of salaries and budget but forgot that this has been so since 1999. The hatred for goodluck just make it seems like every evil in terms of money just started since he became the president.

Please i am not in anyway in support for such ridiculous spending of our money but let us leave sentiments aside and tackle our problems from the root.

Simple questions for you guys to answer

How much did  OBJ and Yar Adua spent daily on food?
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by freezy(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2011
1.57m daily on food  shocked

Pray, what exactly are they eating?

And somebody said its a matter of national security. . . Are they not earning money for work done at Aso Rock?

Is the money earned not for sustainability? Is feeding not part of sustainability?

Amadioha o.

May all who daily partake of that unholy meal choke to death on it!!!  angry  angry
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Kobojunkie: 2:20pm On Jan 05, 2011
Pharoh:

Thats the root cause of the disagreements i have with you people, this is just blind hatred for the president. Remember when accommodation fee at the universities was increased from 100 naira to 1000 or is it 10,000 naira people complained and it was revered back to the former price. Please throw that economic outlook outside, what the focus should be is that at any point in time ( Bad or good economy ) is it right for the president to spend such amount of money on food alone?.

The above is the basis for my question that why can't we probe the past budgets instead of shouting here on nairaland that the president is this and that. I wonder if you people where blind to last years budget which was very close to this years figure. There has been unreasonable budget for this presidential feeding since 1999 so why are you guys crying about the one of this year? or you have not been following the budget since 1999? .  People are shouting that the senators are raking huge pay in terms of salaries and budget but forgot that this has been so since 1999. The hatred for goodluck just make it seems like every evil in terms of money just started since he became the president.

Please i am not in anyway in support for such ridiculous spending of our money but let us leave sentiments aside and tackle our problems from the root.

Simple questions for you guys to answer

How much did  OBJ and Yar Adua spent daily on food?

So in your wisdom, even though people complained and wailed in the past when it happened, they should wail and complain no more that this president, who came in promising change is doing exactly the same as his predecessors? Seriously, how long did you think this one through?
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by fstranger6: 2:22pm On Jan 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

So in your wisdom, even though people complained and wailed in the past when it happened, they should wail and complain no more that this president, who came in promising change is doing exactly the same as his predecessors? Seriously, how long did you think this one through?

WHen did GEJ promised change?

He was never elected.   .    .   how could he have promised anything?

grin Owned
Seriously, how long did you think this through in your head ma?
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by DisGuy: 2:47pm On Jan 05, 2011
So because we didnt complain about the previous daily food budget, criticizing it now that it is in the open mean hatred for the president?

When Yaradua govt was criticized senseless it was fun after all he was a northerner and a Muslim now he
this dude that cant run a department is been shown up- mud is being thrown about
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by fstranger6: 3:12pm On Jan 05, 2011
Legally, he has done nothing wrong

He never promised to be frugal with tax payer's money

If you are mad, direct your madness at the person who was elected into the position

GEJ, like the rest of us, is a victim of circumstance.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by violent(m): 3:31pm On Jan 05, 2011
GEJ, like the rest of us, is a victim of circumstance

ah! seriously?

wetin pesin no go see for Nairaland self.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by fstranger6: 3:40pm On Jan 05, 2011
violent:

ah! seriously?

wetin pesin no go see for Nairaland self.

ABi

He never asked for it

All he wanted was to be a nice and obedient VP. However, destiny played a fast one on him

He is in all sincerity a victim of circumstance
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Pharoh: 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Where did i say they should not wail or complain no more, i am just saying people should complain objectively and not from the point of their hatred for goodluck or responding to every stimulus when it comes to money issue. People are just reacting to this issue like this was the first time an unreasonable amount of money has been budgeted for presidential feeding or whatever they call it.  

The president prepares the budget but we are all  forgetting that there is a national assembly that reviews and approves it. So the president is not the only one that we should  be blaming at this point. I don't if there is anyone in this world that will change Nigeria in ten months so you guys should cut him some slack about promising change or not. It takes time and i believe when he gets his first term, then the process of proper change will begin so lets be patient.
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by tolu001: 3:53pm On Jan 05, 2011

Yar Adua's govt spent N405.3m in normal times, in these unsecure times that, has naturally gone up to N574m. Die if you don't like it, but Aso Rock will be kept safe and GEJ will continue to be President

With the quoted post, i just believed this beaf or pork he calls himself is the "dumbest" guy that ever registered on nairaland. . .

chai. . . see senseless defense
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jan 05, 2011
tolu001:

With the quoted post, i just believed this beaf or pork grin he calls himself is the "dumbest" guy that ever registered on nairaland. . .

chai. . . see senseless defense
he's just doing what he's being paid for. tongue

defending his senseless boss angry
Re: Presidency To Spend N1.57m On Food Daily! by DisGuy: 4:02pm On Jan 05, 2011
Pharoh:

Where did i say they should not wail or complain no more, i am just saying people should complain objectively and not from the point of their hatred for goodluck or responding to every stimulus when it comes to money issue. People are just reacting to this issue like this was the first time an unreasonable amount of money has been budgeted for presidential feeding or whatever they call it.  

The president prepares the budget but we are all  forgetting that there is a national assembly that reviews and approves it. So the president is not the only one that we should  be blaming at this point. I don't if there is anyone in this world that will change Nigeria in ten months so you guys should cut him some slack about promising change or not. It takes time and i believe when he gets his first term, then the process of proper change will begin so lets be patient.

So what will you call criticism of yaradua govt/all other state govt's budget?- objective and very justified?
any time people now criticise Jonathan the president; its because of hatred undecided

well at this point the budget has not been passed and if he cant cut his office budget chances are they wont cut anything for themselves either-we know what they are anyway so it his chance to show leadership

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elrufai Wants Troops Out, Accuses President Of Using BH As Excuse For Genocide / A Nigerian Politician's Son Sitting On 1 Million Naira / Chime And Chicken Impeachment: D.gov Responds To House Of Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.