Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,657 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

What Does "Strong" Women Mean? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Does "Strong" Women Mean? (500 Views)

Why Do I Keep Attracting Independent And "Strong" Women? / Ⓜy Dear Beautiful Strong Women, / Sex On First Visit. Does It Mean She Is Cheap? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does "Strong" Women Mean? by johnrix: 7:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
I remember when I was a teenager, a girl i was involved with, she was older, said I need a strong woman.

I've always been confused what that meant. Is it strong as in aggressive, opinionated, takes charge etc? Somehow I see strength as mental toughness, discipline, stand on your values.

So I see some quiet women and I am impressed with their strength, but seems like everyone's else image is more of a goal getter, and the quiet ones are pushovers.

I am very aggressive and I find women that have gra gra don't attract me, but those quiet ones do. Could the quiet resilient ladies be the ones the girl in my teenage years was referring too?

1 Like

Re: What Does "Strong" Women Mean? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 12, 2020
Nope. Been a strong woman doesn't have any relationship with been gragra or gentle or quiet.

Its an inbuilt trait in some women and with some, they build it via experience they have. Its a trait that means a woman is mentally, emotionally strong,
Having a good attitude despite having bad peers and friends is been strong
Not joining bad gangs despite eating and sleeping around them as friend is been strong.
Making great decision even when faced with bad situation can also be seen as been strong
Rejecting anything others are expecting u to accept with reasons known to u is also seen as been strong

So many more like that sha.
A woman doing all she can to ensure all her kids go to school, eat good food and behave well means she's strong even though others will abandon her kids and other responsibilities.

4 Likes

Re: What Does "Strong" Women Mean? by TarOrfeeek: 8:19pm On Apr 12, 2020
A strong woman is a woman that: you will slap. And she return the slap back, with jara.
Re: What Does "Strong" Women Mean? by butterfly777(m): 8:21pm On Apr 12, 2020
It actually refers to a balanced woman. One who is emotionally and psychology okay. She knows when to be submissive and when to resist. She can endure hardship and is not excessive in success. She can stand up for herself and others when situation calls for it. Basically, she is not a weakling.

Some stubborn and domineering woman are trying to hide under this word to cover up their aggressive behaviour. This is false. Being harsh, heady and domineering is not the same as being a strong woman.

You see our mothers working hard for their families, standing by their husbands and remaining calm in the face of adversity. That's a strong woman.

2 Likes

Re: What Does "Strong" Women Mean? by Bluezy13(m): 8:25pm On Apr 12, 2020
Although the connotation is individualistic depending on one's perspective which is a function of situation requirement,
Yet it is generally but fallaciously regarded as a woman with the qualities of a man.

For instance,
The metaphorical figurative expression of "the woman is the man of family"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does "Strong" Women Mean? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jun 03, 2020
Well I prefer the term to virtuous woman. That one makes me want to throw things cheesy
I am probably mostly strong, and sometimes maybe not, depending.
I know of a woman who was dating a man then, she would always pack every food in her house for the man, while starving her younger, unable to feed ones. She believed she was being virtuous with her whole heart lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Bank Alert! / Guy Seen Masturbating In A Bus / Why Did You Bleach My Skin???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.