Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,594 members, 7,823,581 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:58 AM

Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? (26290 Views)

Party Sharing Money In The Presence Of Security Agents - Sahara Reporters / APC Caught Sharing Money To Northerners To Vote (video) / Men Caught Sharing Money To Voters In Ekiti, Bundled Away By Security Men.Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Adakintroy2: 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
persius555:

Already seeing tomatoes rot away in markets this afternoon. Consumers are not keen on spending the little on them.
This might discourage market women and off takers from bringing more food to those in need in the cities.
In turn, farmers might down tools too

Exactly.

Nobody is willing to spend. It happened with America credit cruch and the government had to put forward stimulus plane.if this persist in a way, People will start making priorities.

Data or cable companies may have to lower price. Cus the stats will show a sharp drop. We did not renew cable subsctiption. This month..and even so now, many of my house members are without data. can you believe that. Only premium members of my family can afford data. The rest are contended with reading books and sharing stories.

So where is the demand to trigger inflation or hyper inflation.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by mofeoluwadassah: 9:22pm On Apr 12, 2020
sharpsharp:

Mobile number for credit.
You can delete immediately you receive it.
ehn ehn....is that so grin
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by sharpsharp: 9:24pm On Apr 12, 2020
mofeoluwadassah:
ehn ehn....is that so grin
Yep. Check other threads I have been doing giveaways. Have faith. .
Genuine peeps still exist.
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Nedu619: 9:29pm On Apr 12, 2020
Heyzee5:
Hi all. I was just thinking, from an economic perspective, is it advisable to share money to all Nigerians in this pandemic period? Won't that result in Inflation/HyperInflation? I am just looking at the economic angle of this.

I am aware that this is currently done in the US, but I just want to hear our opinions. I also understand that there is hunger in the land but, kindly note that this is merely a discussion before you bash me cheesy

Everyone is welcome to submit his or her opinions especially if you are an Economist in the house.

Thanks.
Government is not printing new notes so I don't think it will result to inflation... BTW stimulus package is meant for businesses to help them bounce back as you know that many offices are offloading their staffs because they dont have money to pay salary again
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by fabby22(m): 9:30pm On Apr 12, 2020
Please my friend shut up, and stop writing writing rubbish. These Government are evil men, sharing of money will not cause anything, y did they have task force monitoring the price of goods and services.
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by mofeoluwadassah: 9:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
sharpsharp:

Yep. Check other threads I have been doing giveaways. Have faith. .
Genuine peeps still exist.
thanks tho but i can’t drop my digit here
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by fatymore(f): 9:36pm On Apr 12, 2020
Our politician money will reduce
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
ehinmowo:

You seriously need to read up on inflation. If you say a useless 20k to less than 5% of the population would cause inflation, what will you say of €350 every week for 4 months to everybody staying in Switzerland (including foreign students)? Social funds CANNOT cause inflation. because it can NEVER be enough let alone excessive.

The value things are high because of devaluation. A Naira to Dollar in 2013 was around N180 to a $1. Now it's 368. How many % increase is that?
You know Nigeria is a case study ryt.? Ordinary Coro news and prices have gone up!

Imagine a sack full of Oron Crayfish used to be 50k now costs 120k... (According to d seller o) s
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by sharpsharp: 9:38pm On Apr 12, 2020
mofeoluwadassah:
thanks tho but i can’t drop my digit here
Ok drop your mail then.
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by onlyforchrist: 9:39pm On Apr 12, 2020
RapistOnBail:
Seun I would like to talk to you. Call me.

Hehehe and some people still like this comment. I think we have bots that just like comments here on Nairaland. Very funny.
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by mofeoluwadassah: 9:40pm On Apr 12, 2020
sharpsharp:

Ok drop your mail then.
i can’t still smiley
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by sharpsharp: 9:41pm On Apr 12, 2020
mofeoluwadassah:
i can’t still smiley

How will you get the recharge then?
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by DeejayTeeno(m): 9:42pm On Apr 12, 2020
DJMCOTTY:
Let them gimme the money first so I can buy data to do research

Bro, Please what club do you play? smiley
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by mofeoluwadassah: 9:43pm On Apr 12, 2020
sharpsharp:

How will you get the recharge then?
you can keep it sir...thanks much
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by kalufelix(m): 9:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
Ibechris2:
The implication is this,Nigeria is not an exporting country but an import based economy. Is not wise when u give out money that will take u many months or years to recoup.
However,some will say but America is giving out cash and why is it not affecting them, the fact is,America is the biggest economy in the world and could afford to print as many dollar papers as possible to cushon the gab caused by the Covid 19. They are a productive economy,that cannot be compared with any nation on earth and that is because they produced virtually all what they consume ranging from agricultural,Mechanical,down to techs and many more.

In our own case,when there is so much money in the economy,that seems to drive us into recession/inflation because the cash is not being given to the productive sectors of the economy. In America,the stimulus package is being given to those who recently lost their jobs and to private businesses who could retain the services of their employees,with that the the stimulus package becomes a grants to the private business men and why it becomes a loan if they layoff their workers....that is why theirs is different from ours.

The best is for Nigeria to embark on house to house testing for Covid 19 and open the economy as soon as possible,this is fundamental because our case is quite opposite of America. We are lucky not to have recorded the kind of numbers that has been recorded in other climes and that is why we should approach it with our local know how as explained by Oyo state governor.
until i read "America can afford to print as many dollar papers...you be joker ...you know nothing ...If one man loots N10b it has the same economic impact as when you share N10b to citizens... In the former case the looter doesn't feel the economic impact...the lootee bears all the impact hence the wider and wider gap between the rich and the poor ... E don tey wey abacha begin wreck us no be today...make dem just share the loot give us small abeg...for the sake of pandemic ...you know?
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by sharpsharp: 9:44pm On Apr 12, 2020
mofeoluwadassah:
you can keep it sir...thanks much

grin
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by uuzba(m): 9:45pm On Apr 12, 2020
dipopooo:
Hisss..Fvck inflation...What's our business with inflation...we are talking about how to survive presently.

At times, I feel like killing all of our useless leaders
Rather than thinking negatively like this, better go and look for ANY LAND to farm.. Your backyard, your village land, anywhere ... Things WILL get bad and you WILL ALWAYS need food.
Stop wasting money on iPhone NOW.
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by ChevKing(m): 9:47pm On Apr 12, 2020
Heyzee5:
Hi all. I was just thinking, from an economic perspective, is it advisable to share money to all Nigerians in this pandemic period? Won't that result in Inflation/HyperInflation? I am just looking at the economic angle of this.

I am aware that this is currently done in the US, but I just want to hear our opinions. I also understand that there is hunger in the land but, kindly note that this is merely a discussion before you bash me cheesy

Everyone is welcome to submit his or her opinions especially if you are an Economist in the house.

Global economy is down bro.
It has no meaning abeg, the entire world would emerge stronger provided there is a sensible economic team for each country.
This is the best time to do all the abrakadabra.
Please let the money be shared.

Thanks.
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Esji80(m): 9:49pm On Apr 12, 2020
Rubbish:::::::

what's the economic infact of crediting my account with 5k amid this Coronation of hunger- virus pandemic?

Guy u no get question ooh

People are suffering to get what to eat you are busy creating thread about the economic impact abi Mathematical impact ;;;;; shirme

out of the 200m plus Nigerians how many people were given d 20k?

B4 d Pandemic how much did d National Assembly budgeted for renovation ? What was the impact on the economy abi geography of the Nation ?
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by dipopooo(m): 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2020
uuzba:

Rather than thinking negatively like this, better go and look for ANY LAND to farm.. Your backyard, your village land, anywhere ... Things WILL get bad and you WILL ALWAYS need food.
Stop wasting money on iPhone NOW.

Show me your farm...
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by tatatar: 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2020
It is still too little to have much considerable effect on the economy.Thou,there will temporarily be an inflation nevertheless because consumers are stockpiling products and production is less during the lockdown.
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by AdorableAyo: 9:54pm On Apr 12, 2020
Someone should please show me love by requesting for my account details. No amount is small abeg.
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by blowjohn(m): 9:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
seangy4konji:
takenashi takemodo takenaka...

Meaning?
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by dederocs(m): 9:58pm On Apr 12, 2020
I would say there are benefits, the basic principle of economics, is about creating economic activity, commerce and production in the society, so businesses can grow, it is essential that a large amount of Nigerians are able to spend and continue with the economic activity, to prevent a vicious circle, that will take us back to the jungle. man must eat, economic activities, such as spending helps to activate it.
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by something4me: 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2020
The money will still go back yo system
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Starz825(m): 10:06pm On Apr 12, 2020
Heyzee5:

Thanks.
Though There is inflation already in the economy....but since we generally have low production of goods and services... sharing of money will only trigger inflation more...
Having said that I prefer food been shared among citizens...
Inflation is when a lot of money is chasing few goods...with this the general price level of goods will rise...just as we have it....
People don't know that we have alot of money in the economy already as we speak... because the money alot of people have saved in order to invest ...they are spending it already on consumption...no room for investment as per the covid 19 worries....

2 Likes

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Starz825(m): 10:09pm On Apr 12, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Inflation. When there's much cash in circulation, this leads to inflation making the value of the money drop.

Went to the market with 20k 3 days ago and to be sincere I no even see wetin I buy now. Kept wondering how the money vanished
Too much cash in circulation chasing few goods is one of the major causes of inflation..
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by BlackTemplar001: 10:09pm On Apr 12, 2020
The question u should be asking is if there is enough cash in circulation n not if d paltry sum d govt is sharing will lead to inflation.

First n foremost, is there enough money in circulation? If there is already enough money in circulation, then injecting more money into d economy will lead to inflation in a market where there is no price control, but in a market where there is a reasonable price control measures, inflation can be contained/managed. But 4 a market with no price control, whether d govt inject more money into d economy through d pandemic stimulus package or not, we are already feeling d effect of inflation inflicted not by govt policy but by our greed of wanting to take advantage of d current situation.

Although we r yet 2 feel d economic impact of covid-19, i am of d opinion that sooner than later, our inflation rate will go higher than the acceptable threshold reason being that we are an import dependent economy. So therefore inflation will increase by more than 2 digits much more than hv been experienced b4. So there is an urgent need 4 all relevant stake holders in the oil sector as a matter of urgency to regulate their crude oil production so as to ensure stability in d oil market in this hard time, but if OPEC is unwilling to come to a compromise, then countries with massive reliance on her crude production will be hit d hardest.

I do hope dat my little input will be enough to make u understand d dire situation we r in irrespective of d pandemic package.

1 Like

Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Nobody: 10:10pm On Apr 12, 2020
Heyzee5:

Thanks bro. I like this perspective of yours. I believe it's truly the way forward because, what's the point of Sharing money when sellers will make it worthless in the hands of people? undecided
Inflation has already been imported. Share or no share money, inflation will continue to surge. They shoud share the money.
Re: Are There Any Economic Implications Of Sharing Money To Nigerians This Period? by Coronavirus1: 10:15pm On Apr 12, 2020
No economic implication at all as you send money to the poor people like me

My people, greetings to you all. Please help your boy. It has not been easy. Only God knows how starving I am. Not an experience I would wish even my enemy. Nigerian government is a big shame. A government who cannot provide even only rice to its citizens during lockdown, is that one a government?

Any amount credited to this account will be highly appreciated. Just for survival. God bless.

Account number: 3070340612
Bank name: first bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ezeokenwa Sylvester Emerges APGA National Chairman / How FG Spent $340m, N27bn In Search Of Oil In The North / Welcoming Theophilus Danjuma To The Morning After One-nigeria - The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.