Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,324 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:21 AM

Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community (32658 Views)

Beware Of Agege Young Touts Under Bridge Lagos / Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents / Anambra Residents Chase Herdsmen, Cattle Out Of Their Community (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by manuelreports: 5:41am On Apr 13, 2020
Was not funny yesterday
Government should relax this lockdown or release stimulus package for Nigerians.n

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by abiaumo(m): 5:41am On Apr 13, 2020
Lol. Is it that bad? This country don nose dive sha, hope we dnt crash..
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 5:41am On Apr 13, 2020
Those scum should be arrested and hung by the balls.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 5:43am On Apr 13, 2020
awhybliss:
Note: this is never aimed to promote cultism or robbery.. none of the two worth doing...
Even before the lockdown this robbery have Been happening in our own eyes..
But am just worries with the way it skyrocket in times like this that we stay at home...
What is the major factor responsible for this illegal act? Is it for pride, hunger, self defense or what could it be...
The government needs to look inward to curb this (even if we can't end robbery and cultism) it can be reduced and minimal especially in a lockdown like this.. notwithstanding those people must be punished severely, to serve as deterrent to others..
Something in my heart of heart tells me that almost all those caught ain't real-time robbers...
Come to think of it.. how could over 200 Young boys and even girls gather to be robbers, it a huge crowd to get, some people don't don't even have up to half of that member in their churches or mosques (kidding)..
Well I don't say they are all Innocent, they need to face the penalty..
But put your self in a condition that you only have a source of income, (which is a daily hustle earning) which most of these guys depend, then government lock the system down.. ideally give me a practical way to survive?,, even if those guys are begging for food on street, most people will look them like they are jobless and won't even help them at the end after looking them diagustively, how do you wanna survive Hunger is a great weapon,
I remember years back when I was hungry and starving for almost 2days, I almost wanna die (it was that day I practically know hunger can kill for real) practicalize it if you doubt... Stay 3days without eating.
I blame this half-done government..
Imagine!! over 200 youths and teeengers on the street to steal from people,, I tell you 95% of them do it out of hunger not laziness...
Hunger will make you do the extreme of things. Just thank God for the provision you have, and for his sustainability..

My pain is when buhari(I need to hold someone responsible) directed that money should be disbursed to registered or selected vulnerable and poor people, are you telling me that they are the only one who are the citizen of Nigeria.. so buhari is not responsible for others not selected in this group by their local government?. That is partialty!!
Most of these people voted for you BUHARI!! every life of each citizen is your responsibility!, that's the oath you took, no one force you to take the office!!
Now people will say I have personal issue with the president, hell no!!
Practically tell me how has the government be of support to the ordinary man around you during this lockdown in feeding most importantly!! Forget electricity, good roads, or equipped medical consumables, they are important but that's not the priority in the middle of a lockdown like this!!
Fine!!, the boys would face the wrath of the law. But note, if things continue this way: then expect a bigger one in days to coming during this lockdown..
An expecting attackers lolzzz
I just have to pour out my heart on this issue.

There is no justification for robbery. Many of these robbers are not hungry, they are simply covetous.

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by emerged01(m): 5:43am On Apr 13, 2020
I just Dey enter now self. Security work no easy o. Make I go sleep, today’s night we go resume work again.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by anaytomi: 5:43am On Apr 13, 2020
O ga o
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by sweetlo: 5:45am On Apr 13, 2020
nairalandbeast1:
That's what happens when u lockdown

People are gonna go wild

This is what Nigeria needed all along

Civil unrest loading

The rich ain't safe

No one is

You are just spewing jargons and rubbish this early Monday morning.

what happened ?
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Olaiya26: 5:45am On Apr 13, 2020
Same thing at Ayobo

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by loswhite(m): 5:46am On Apr 13, 2020
awhybliss:
Note: this is never aimed to promote cultism or robbery.. none of the two worth doing...
But am just worries with the way it skyrocket in times like this that we stay at home...
What is the major factor responsible for this illegal act? Is it for pride, hunger, self defense or what could it be...
The government needs to look inward to curb this (even if we can't end robbery and cultism) it can be reduced and minimal especially in a lockdown like this.. notwithstanding those people must be punished severely, to serve as deterrent to others..
Something in my heart of heart tells me that almost all those caught ain't real-time robbers...
Come to think of it.. how could over 200 Young boys and even girls gather to be robbers, it a huge crowd to get, some people don't don't even have up to half of that member in their churches or mosques (kidding)..
But put your self in a condition that you only have a source of income, (which is a daily hustle earning) which most of these guys depend, then government lock the system down.. ideally give me a practical way to survive?,, even if those guys are begging for food on street, most people will look them like they are jobless and won't even help them at the end after looking them diagustively, how do you wanna survive Hunger is a great weapon,
I remember years back when I was hungry and starving for almost 2days, I almost wanna die (it was that day I practically know hunger can kill for real) practicalize it if you doubt... Stay 3days without eating.
Imagine!! over 200 youths and teeengers on the street to steal from people,, I tell you 95% of them do it out of hunger not laziness...
Hunger will make you do the extreme of things. Just thank God for the provision you have, and for his sustainability..

My pain is when buhari(I need to hold someone responsible) directed that money should be disbursed to registered or selected vulnerable and poor people, are you telling me that they are the only one who are the citizen of Nigeria.. so buhari is not responsible for others not selected in this group by their local government?. That is partialty!!
Most of these people voted for you BUHARI!! every life of each citizen is your responsibility!, that's the oath you took, no one force you to take the office!!
Practically tell me how has the government be of support to the ordinary man around you during this lockdown in feeding most importantly!! Forget electricity, good roads, or equipped medical consumables, they are important but that's not the priority in the middle of a lockdown like this!!
Fine!!, the boys would face the wrath of the law. But note, if things continue this way: then expect a bigger one in days to coming during this lockdown..
So the best way is to steal from another struggling neighbors right? We keep trying to make justification for criminals... Some Yahoo boys hit money that you will work for 5 years before you make it and they blow it in a month...and they are broke again so I guess those yahoo boys have justification for breaking In to your house to steal since they are broke right? Please the ppl you Break in to their house to steal from are they rich? Are they not struggling to make ends meet?... If anyone is caught I support jungle justice for them....burn them alive

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by stonemasonn: 5:48am On Apr 13, 2020
emerged01:
I just Dey enter now self. Security work no easy o. Make I go sleep, today’s night we go resume work again.
Are you guys armed? God I'm worried about my people living around Ijaye, I got a text some hours ago. The street was a battle field btw armed robbers and vigilantes.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 5:54am On Apr 13, 2020
loswhite:
So the best way is to steal from another struggling neighbors right? We keep trying to make justification for criminals... Some Yahoo boys hit money that you will work for 5 years before you make it and they blow it in a month...and they are broke again so I guess those yahoo boys have justification for breaking In to your house to steal since they are broke right? Please the ppl you Break in to their house to steal from are they rich? Are they not struggling to make ends meet?... If anyone is caught I support jungle justice for them....burn them alive
Did you read my post at all? Re-read

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by nairalandbeast1: 5:55am On Apr 13, 2020
sweetlo:

what happened ?

You lack the ability to think

That's why to a fool like you

You think it's rubbish
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 5:56am On Apr 13, 2020
loswhite:
did I encourage stealing or Yahoo?
Burn them alive?
What about military intervention??
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Martinola(m): 5:56am On Apr 13, 2020
Smh What a country Can't even protect her citizens from impromtu bandits
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 5:58am On Apr 13, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

There is no justification for robbery. Many of these robbers are not hungry, they are simply covetous.
Really?? Hmm
But it was recorded 150 where arrested in ogun.. and this nigh over 400 storm iyana ipaja.. have you ever heard of a large number of robbery before...
How can we have a large number of teenager and youth stealing and it hunger...
I doubt your research instrument

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 6:00am On Apr 13, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

But I think military intervention will at least ease and curb this wahala
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Skepticus: 6:00am On Apr 13, 2020
sweetlo:

what happened ?

I doubt if you are mentally okay.
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by xreal: 6:05am On Apr 13, 2020
ProfDview1:

No... Yesterday night ooo..

May God protect us all.
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Yampotatocarrot(m): 6:11am On Apr 13, 2020
Olaiya26:
Same thing at Ayobo

Any group of armed robbers that go to steal at Ayobo are just signing their death warrant, especially areas after Megida busstop (Where Anchor University is), down to Sabo.

The gunshots around Papa Ashafa were actually from the vigilantes and the youths, not the robbers. They were going from street to street shooting to scare away any group having plan to come and rob.

The disturbance started around 6pm and lasted till, 1/2am, although the climax of the gunshots was around 11pm-12am.

May God Keep us safe, amen.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by simple250: 6:13am On Apr 13, 2020
Pls jungle justice for them,because Nigeria police will release them after 3days and they will come back this time to kill anybody including your children and loved once .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by dy27(m): 6:19am On Apr 13, 2020
So hot in Ayobo,Ipaja,Aiyetoro etc..Not funny guys,is door to door and guys too get set to defend with cutlass ...i begin to wonder.where are SAR s etc..God�
We are still awake battle ready..�

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by todugo(m): 6:23am On Apr 13, 2020
All this Cult Boyz here and there,their yahoo business this period no do them? Hunger is no excuse for stealing from your fellow poor men angry angry
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by NigeriaBam: 6:25am On Apr 13, 2020
Beautiful
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by dplores(m): 6:29am On Apr 13, 2020
No justification to steal and if you are to steal cos of hunger they 200 should have match to the rich zone, steal more than enough and come here to share to those who need like them do.

I just pray COVID gets over with asap cos Presido said lockdown continues

So buy Cutlass and sharp am well cos will be very useful.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by puplin(f): 6:45am On Apr 13, 2020
awhybliss:

You're just doing copy and paste of this write-up on several threads.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by AkpaMgbor(m): 6:46am On Apr 13, 2020
Ishilove:
We live in a very useless country. So if the lockdown lasts as long as one month, is this what the common man will be facing every night?

My God, who did we offend to be cursed by such a useless government?

And then again, these borntroway idiots who were idle even before lockdown are using the present situation to do what comes naturally to them. How can you go around robbing people that are in the same situation with you? If people should use their frustrations and set you on fire, people will be shouting 'jungle justice'
You offended yourselves when you continually enforced incompetence at the polls!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Ishilove: 6:48am On Apr 13, 2020
AkpaMgbor:

You offended yourselves when you continually enforced incompetence at the polls!
Do you know me from anywhere? Do you even know who got my support in the last polls?

Abeg swerve jare. No be your own dey do me now
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 13, 2020
Hmm is this how the country will go in to anarchy!! This is so bad!!!
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Ingold(m): 6:55am On Apr 13, 2020
I searched for a post about this seriously yesterday night. There was serious mayhem in Agege. Mass thieves were operating street by street. And it was not even midnight yet. It started by 7:50p.m.
It started on Saturday and it will likely continue today . Everyone is carrying cutlass now o.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Adakintroy2: 6:56am On Apr 13, 2020
This thing can easily break into all round revolution. UT has a) the ingredients in the making.

You lock down people with no food for 14days and then extent it while you play politics with so called pilatives. I DE fear for the rich. There won't be enough miltary to protect una soon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by funkmrflexx(m): 6:59am On Apr 13, 2020
A day will come when the poor will have nothing to eat but the rich.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Men Declared Wanted For Human Trafficking. Photos / Job Seeker Who Forged Okonjo-iweala’s Signature Arraigned By EFCC [Photo] / 14-Year-Old Anna Morik Killed In Southern Kaduna By Fulani Herdsmen Buried (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.