Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,137 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community (32669 Views)

Beware Of Agege Young Touts Under Bridge Lagos / Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents / Anambra Residents Chase Herdsmen, Cattle Out Of Their Community (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by WalkerMichael(m): 7:05am On Apr 13, 2020
Guys. This is not a joke!!!! Media are underreporting... There's unrest everywhere. Are these politicians seeing this at all? I pray for us to be safe in this trying time in Nigeria. It is really hard amidst hunger in the land. Current FG is scam

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Felincous(m): 7:11am On Apr 13, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GYn74V-UJI
Yesterday night was serious. Gunshot everywhere

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by AkpaMgbor(m): 7:20am On Apr 13, 2020
Ishilove:

Do you know me from anywhere? Do you even know who got my support in the last polls?

Abeg swerve jare. No be your own dey do me now
Doesn't matter, the majority of Nigerians love incompetency and it has been shown time and time again at the polls.. For a mod you seem not to have a thick skin. A pity...
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by emerged01(m): 7:21am On Apr 13, 2020
stonemasonn:
Are you guys armed? God I'm worried about my people living around Ijaye, I got a text some hours ago. The street was a battle field btw armed robbers and vigilantes.
Na cutlass,plank,bottles and anything you can use to defend yourself.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by easzypeaszy(m): 7:21am On Apr 13, 2020
He bloody ystrday nite........na die, see wer Awawa boys dey gv police frog jump wt panel beating... I was watching from my room wt prayrs so dey don't come into my house... I couldn't Mk a vid to avoid distraction

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by MisterGrace: 7:22am On Apr 13, 2020
nairalandbeast1:
That's what happens when u lockdown

People are gonna go wild

This is what Nigeria needed all along

Civil unrest loading

The rich ain't safe

No one is

Are you justifying the robbers action?

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Vicar2015(m): 7:30am On Apr 13, 2020
awhybliss:
Note: this is never aimed to promote cultism or robbery.. none of the two worth doing...
Even before the lockdown this robbery have Been happening in our own eyes..
But am just worries with the way it skyrocket in times like this that we stay at home...
What is the major factor responsible for this illegal act? Is it for pride, hunger, self defense or what could it be...
The government needs to look inward to curb this (even if we can't end robbery and cultism) it can be reduced and minimal especially in a lockdown like this.. notwithstanding those people must be punished severely, to serve as deterrent to others..
Something in my heart of heart tells me that almost all those caught ain't real-time robbers...
Come to think of it.. how could over 200 Young boys and even girls gather to be robbers, it a huge crowd to get, some people don't don't even have up to half of that member in their churches or mosques (kidding)..
Well I don't say they are all Innocent, they need to face the penalty..
But put your self in a condition that you only have a source of income, (which is a daily hustle earning) which most of these guys depend, then government lock the system down.. ideally give me a practical way to survive?,, even if those guys are begging for food on street, most people will look them like they are jobless and won't even help them at the end after looking them diagustively, how do you wanna survive Hunger is a great weapon,
I remember years back when I was hungry and starving for almost 2days, I almost wanna die (it was that day I practically know hunger can kill for real) practicalize it if you doubt... Stay 3days without eating.
I blame this half-done government..
Imagine!! over 200 youths and teeengers on the street to steal from people,, I tell you 95% of them do it out of hunger not laziness...
Hunger will make you do the extreme of things. Just thank God for the provision you have, and for his sustainability..

My pain is when buhari(I need to hold someone responsible) directed that money should be disbursed to registered or selected vulnerable and poor people, are you telling me that they are the only one who are the citizen of Nigeria.. so buhari is not responsible for others not selected in this group by their local government?. That is partialty!!
Most of these people voted for you BUHARI!! every life of each citizen is your responsibility!, that's the oath you took, no one force you to take the office!!
Now people will say I have personal issue with the president, hell no!!
Practically tell me how has the government be of support to the ordinary man around you during this lockdown in feeding most importantly!! Forget electricity, good roads, or equipped medical consumables, they are important but that's not the priority in the middle of a lockdown like this!!
Fine!!, the boys would face the wrath of the law. But note, if things continue this way: then expect a bigger one in days to coming during this lockdown..
An expecting attackers lolzzz
I just have to pour out my heart on this issue.

You mean only 12 people like this your epistle? Aye le o

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by SachaBastien(m): 7:39am On Apr 13, 2020
awhybliss:
Note: this is never aimed to promote cultism or robbery.. none of the two worth doing...
Even before the lockdown this robbery have Been happening in our own eyes..
But am just worries with the way it skyrocket in times like this that we stay at home...
What is the major factor responsible for this illegal act? Is it for pride, hunger, self defense or what could it be...
The government needs to look inward to curb this (even if we can't end robbery and cultism) it can be reduced and minimal especially in a lockdown like this.. notwithstanding those people must be punished severely, to serve as deterrent to others..
Something in my heart of heart tells me that almost all those caught ain't real-time robbers...
Come to think of it.. how could over 200 Young boys and even girls gather to be robbers, it a huge crowd to get, some people don't don't even have up to half of that member in their churches or mosques (kidding)..
Well I don't say they are all Innocent, they need to face the penalty..
But put your self in a condition that you only have a source of income, (which is a daily hustle earning) which most of these guys depend, then government lock the system down.. ideally give me a practical way to survive?,, even if those guys are begging for food on street, most people will look them like they are jobless and won't even help them at the end after looking them diagustively, how do you wanna survive Hunger is a great weapon,
I remember years back when I was hungry and starving for almost 2days, I almost wanna die (it was that day I practically know hunger can kill for real) practicalize it if you doubt... Stay 3days without eating.
I blame this half-done government..
Imagine!! over 200 youths and teeengers on the street to steal from people,, I tell you 95% of them do it out of hunger not laziness...
Hunger will make you do the extreme of things. Just thank God for the provision you have, and for his sustainability..

My pain is when buhari(I need to hold someone responsible) directed that money should be disbursed to registered or selected vulnerable and poor people, are you telling me that they are the only one who are the citizen of Nigeria.. so buhari is not responsible for others not selected in this group by their local government?. That is partialty!!
Most of these people voted for you BUHARI!! every life of each citizen is your responsibility!, that's the oath you took, no one force you to take the office!!
Now people will say I have personal issue with the president, hell no!!
Practically tell me how has the government be of support to the ordinary man around you during this lockdown in feeding most importantly!! Forget electricity, good roads, or equipped medical consumables, they are important but that's not the priority in the middle of a lockdown like this!!
Fine!!, the boys would face the wrath of the law. But note, if things continue this way: then expect a bigger one in days to coming during this lockdown..
An expecting attackers lolzzz
I just have to pour out my heart on this issue.
You are a thief. You are hungry because you make your income from what you did daily before the lockdown. You and your stupid fellows decide to rob people who also make their income daily from their own work which is now no longer available due to lockdown. Why not go rob the government that has failed to provide food for you. You will hang from your neck till you are dead.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Moseexkay: 7:45am On Apr 13, 2020
Swrs mojo
Abesan ipaja was looking like a purge last night
God help us

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Dcaliphate(m): 7:45am On Apr 13, 2020
op with very nonsense grammar

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by nedekid: 7:45am On Apr 13, 2020
Akowonjo was hot yesterday.
I was about driving out to get something around 8pm when I saw cars taking off. I was warned to return home. These guys where over 100 in number and started attacking people, robbing them, raping girls all the way to shasha. Our estate gate had to be shut.
True anarchy is looming. This happened in Alimosho lga. The largest lga in Lagos state last night. I understand they came from Agege direction through dopemu market. Some also from oshodi.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Jaqenhghar: 7:49am On Apr 13, 2020
agaliboy:
When will Amotekun start operations na?. Is it after Covid 19?
Good question.
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by nedekid: 7:52am On Apr 13, 2020
emerged01:
I just Dey enter now self. Security work no easy o. Make I go sleep, today’s night we go resume work again.
Which area you de? Was it that bad?, anyway stay safe.
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by maciyke: 7:53am On Apr 13, 2020
God save us
mosho2good:
This stay at home� makes my brain think fast.......na so I create COVID-19 anthem & pledge for you guys... Check it out������

KITCHEN ANTHEM!!!
Arise 0 kitchen pots�
We children� want to eat�
Prepare us rice �and stew
And help us fry plantain�
The meat �on top must not be small
And make sure it's so sweet�
And add magi and salt
Some curry, thyme and nutmeg
We can't wait to eat����

KITCHEN PLEDGE!!!

I pledge to my kitchen, my best place
To be cooking, boiling and frying
To serve my stomach the best of meals
To defend the meat and fishies
And uphold our species and aroma
So help me pot.���
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by nedekid: 7:53am On Apr 13, 2020
Olaiya26:
Same thing at Ayobo
Ha. Ayobo too?
Akowonjo roundabout all the way to shasha was hot.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Thoughty2(m): 7:56am On Apr 13, 2020
nairalandbeast1:
That's what happens when u lockdown

People are gonna go wild

This is what Nigeria needed all along

Civil unrest loading

The rich ain't safe

No one is

The rich may be safe but as we can see now it is the poor that is not safe. Please don't justify crime in anyway.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by nedekid: 7:57am On Apr 13, 2020
stonemasonn:
Are you guys armed? God I'm worried about my people living around Ijaye, I got a text some hours ago. The street was a battle field btw armed robbers and vigilantes.
Armed? I wish the gov will give us the right to bare arms. This rubbish wount happen where cultist and robber will just kill, rob, rape people anyhow.
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by OLAFIMIX(f): 8:03am On Apr 13, 2020
God have mercy
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Wisefellow(m): 8:05am On Apr 13, 2020
easzypeaszy:
He bloody ystrday nite........na die, see wer Awawa boys dey gv police frog jump wt panel beating... I was watching from my room wt prayrs so dey don't come into my house... I couldn't Mk a vid to avoid distraction

What area ...?
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Samtolu128: 8:14am On Apr 13, 2020
God help us
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by xcabczyxabczzzz: 8:21am On Apr 13, 2020
Lifedonor:
Yet no one is able to see the revolution coming...
We are now our security soon we shall demand to control our resources and form a new government
Revolution with cutlass?
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 13, 2020
Vicar2015:

You mean only 12 people like this your epistle? Aye le o
Bro.. me myself didn't like it..
What's the glory in like?
Bros wake up from social media syndrome
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 8:24am On Apr 13, 2020
puplin:
You're just doing copy and paste of this write-up on several threads.
I typed it
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by easzypeaszy(m): 8:25am On Apr 13, 2020
Wisefellow:

What area ...?
agege, oke Koto, d road leading to iya ipaja
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 8:25am On Apr 13, 2020
SachaBastien:

You are a thief. You are hungry because you make your income from what you did daily before the lockdown. You and your stupid fellows decide to rob people who also make their income daily from their own work which is now no longer available due to lockdown. Why not go rob the government that has failed to provide food for you. You will hang from your neck till you are dead.
I will do Thanksgiving when you start using your brains
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Jostoman: 8:31am On Apr 13, 2020
Moji12:
Same here at abesan ipaja. Guys and lanlords stayed up till 5:30 doing burnfire, to be continued tonight. I v never experienced this before in my life. It is well.
we did the same thing yesterday
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by 7lives: 8:32am On Apr 13, 2020
Lifedonor:
Yet no one is able to see the revolution coming...
We are now our security soon we shall demand to control our resources and form a new government

grin grin grin grin dream on
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by loswhite(m): 8:33am On Apr 13, 2020
awhybliss:
did I encourage stealing or Yahoo?
Burn them alive?
What about military intervention??

You didn't answer any of the question... Wait till you experience group of guys breaking into your house at night to meet you, your wife and kids then if you survive the trauma you will come back to type differently

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Jostoman: 8:34am On Apr 13, 2020
sweetlo:

You are just spewing jargons and rubbish this early Monday morning.

what happened ?
e go soon clear for your eyes
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Chicastle: 8:36am On Apr 13, 2020
Seems so many people are jobless in that Lagos state and are not willing to relocate. How can you be killing your self in a state that is expensive?. at least you can be managing in your state or close by with the little you can afford. now see what hardships is causing to them .even after this lockdown an sure this guys still don't have job. May be they are those afonjas snatching phones ikeja oshodi, agege precisely. After making. See what coro has caused in the name of being lagosians. I have been in that Lagos I see that all those big names they mentioned is Audio. No power supply kn that Lagos. All those street lights you see is generators. Guys try and amend God will see you all through I believe. You can make it anywhere Lagos is not that easy.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Newmanluckyman(m): 8:36am On Apr 13, 2020
...where is AMETOKUN?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ezeobi Chiamaka Roseline: Missing 18-Year-Old SS3 Student In Anambra / False Accusation Of Theft: New Fraud In Town / 14-Year-Old Anna Morik Killed In Southern Kaduna By Fulani Herdsmen Buried (Pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.