Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,741 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:28 PM

Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community (32687 Views)

Beware Of Agege Young Touts Under Bridge Lagos / Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents / Anambra Residents Chase Herdsmen, Cattle Out Of Their Community (VIDEO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by loswhite(m): 8:39am On Apr 13, 2020
awhybliss:
did I encourage stealing or Yahoo?
Burn them alive?
What about military intervention??

I read your post very well and I will tell you that those boys breaking band entry will not be satisfied even if you share 20k or 30k for them.... Your post is showing support and understanding for arm robbery...
I pray you experience it and if you come out alive you will not type this nonsense again

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Midex88(m): 8:43am On Apr 13, 2020
easzypeaszy:
He bloody ystrday nite........na die, see wer Awawa boys dey gv police frog jump wt panel beating... I was watching from my room wt prayrs so dey don't come into my house... I couldn't Mk a vid to avoid distraction

Nawa o, it’s well sha, even our policemen can’t defend themselves talkless of fighting for the citizens
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by 7lives: 8:44am On Apr 13, 2020
Chicastle:
Seems so many people are jobless in that Lagos state and are not willing to relocate. How can you be killing your self in a state that is expensive?. at least you can be managing in your state or close by with the little you can afford. now see what hardships is causing to them .even after this lockdown an sure this guys still don't have job. May be they are those afonjas snatching phones ikeja oshodi, agege precisely. After making. See what coro has caused in the name of being lagosians. I have been in that Lagos I see that all those big names they mentioned is Audio. No power supply kn that Lagos. All those street lights you see is generators. Guys try and amend God will see you all through I believe. You can make it anywhere Lagos is not that easy.

The thing wey dey there be say people want stay for Lagos, unfortunately everywhere don full, no space again and they still want to stay.
So they joined all kinds of bad gang, and people no go pity anyone wey dem catch, na catch and lynch.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by duality(m): 8:48am On Apr 13, 2020
awhybliss:
Note: this is never aimed to promote cultism or robbery.. none of the two worth doing...
Even before the lockdown this robbery have Been happening in our own eyes..
But am just worries with the way it skyrocket in times like this that we stay at home...
What is the major factor responsible for this illegal act? Is it for pride, hunger, self defense or what could it be...
The government needs to look inward to curb this (even if we can't end robbery and cultism) it can be reduced and minimal especially in a lockdown like this.. notwithstanding those people must be punished severely, to serve as deterrent to others..
Something in my heart of heart tells me that almost all those caught ain't real-time robbers...
Come to think of it.. how could over 200 Young boys and even girls gather to be robbers, it a huge crowd to get, some people don't don't even have up to half of that member in their churches or mosques (kidding)..
Well I don't say they are all Innocent, they need to face the penalty..
But put your self in a condition that you only have a source of income, (which is a daily hustle earning) which most of these guys depend, then government lock the system down.. ideally give me a practical way to survive?,, even if those guys are begging for food on street, most people will look them like they are jobless and won't even help them at the end after looking them diagustively, how do you wanna survive Hunger is a great weapon,
I remember years back when I was hungry and starving for almost 2days, I almost wanna die (it was that day I practically know hunger can kill for real) practicalize it if you doubt... Stay 3days without eating.
I blame this half-done government..
Imagine!! over 200 youths and teeengers on the street to steal from people,, I tell you 95% of them do it out of hunger not laziness...
Hunger will make you do the extreme of things. Just thank God for the provision you have, and for his sustainability..

My pain is when buhari(I need to hold someone responsible) directed that money should be disbursed to registered or selected vulnerable and poor people, are you telling me that they are the only one who are the citizen of Nigeria.. so buhari is not responsible for others not selected in this group by their local government?. That is partialty!!
Most of these people voted for you BUHARI!! every life of each citizen is your responsibility!, that's the oath you took, no one force you to take the office!!
Now people will say I have personal issue with the president, hell no!!
Practically tell me how has the government be of support to the ordinary man around you during this lockdown in feeding most importantly!! Forget electricity, good roads, or equipped medical consumables, they are important but that's not the priority in the middle of a lockdown like this!!
Fine!!, the boys would face the wrath of the law. But note, if things continue this way: then expect a bigger one in days to coming during this lockdown..
An expecting attackers lolzzz
I just have to pour out my heart on this issue.

Please don't justify crime in any way.

It is lazy people that blame others but themselves.

The criminality had always occurred before the lockdown, according to you. No body can give you all you need, anywhere in the world.

It will still get finished no matter the handouts given.
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Quelme: 8:54am On Apr 13, 2020
Moji12:
Same here at abesan ipaja. Guys and lanlords stayed up till 5:30 doing burnfire, to be continued tonight. I v never experienced this before in my life. It is well.
no be small thing yesterday night o

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by adekunleme(m): 9:36am On Apr 13, 2020
where are the self acclaimed security agents we have in Lagos aside from the yeye policemen, like: OPC, Neighborhood and AMOTEKUN �

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Longman8: 9:48am On Apr 13, 2020
What do u expect will be the result of a total lockdown especially in a country where its citizens were initially battling on how to get 3 square meal a day. I m not saying resorting to stealing is good but a hungry man is an angry man. God see us through.
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 13, 2020
duality:

The criminality had always occurred before the lockdown, according to you. No body can give you all you need, anywhere in the world.

Re-read the first and second paragraph sir!
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 9:52am On Apr 13, 2020
duality:

Am talking the government needs to curb it in other angle....even if not totally stopped!!
How would you love this headline..
"OVER 300 HUNDRED PEOPLE DIED THIS WEEK OVER STARVATION" xo we start another death toll
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 9:55am On Apr 13, 2020
loswhite:
I read your post very well and I will tell you that those boys breaking band entry will not be satisfied even if you share 20k or 30k for them.... Your post is showing support and understanding for arm robbery...
I pray you experience it and if you come out alive you will not type this nonsense again

Yes sir, but the government need to stand up to curb it with a strategic planning.. even if it will not stop it finally...
How will you like this headline
"OVER 300 PEOPLE DIED THIS WEEK OVER STARVATION" so we count death toll
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by duality(m): 9:56am On Apr 13, 2020
awhybliss:

Am talking the government needs to curb it in other angle....even if not totally stopped!!
How would you love this headline..
"OVER 300 HUNDRED PEOPLE DIED THIS WEEK OVER STARVATION" xo we start another death toll

Do not give credence to crime. Irrespective of the circumstances.

How you explain an issue tells a lot about how you feel about it.
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Nobody: 10:29am On Apr 13, 2020
Ishilove:
We live in a very useless country. So if the lockdown lasts as long as one month, is this what the common man will be facing every night?

My God, who did we offend to be cursed by such a useless government?

And then again, these borntroway idiots who were idle even before lockdown are using the present situation to do what comes naturally to them. How can you go around robbing people that are in the same situation with you? If people should use their frustrations and set you on fire, people will be shouting 'jungle justice'
I said this thing about two months ago. Nigeria cannot survive a total lockdown, it is 100% impossible. Over 80% of Nigerian population don't have 15k they don't need immediately in their bank account, they survive on daily hustle. Everybody is shouting stay at home stay at home, what will a market woman eat? What of Drivers, Bikemen, Mechanics, tailors?
Nobody will sit in his room and starve to death. In few days time people will either completely ignore the lockdown, return to street (which will skyrocket the virus) or there will be a full blown anarchy. Your very own neighbour might attack you for food in Broad daylight.
Locking airport was the only solution which our government fuccked up.
Only miracle can save us now
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by darecool(m): 10:31am On Apr 13, 2020
A lesson to all sane minds.
In the midst of all these madness, where's the governor? The speaker of the house of assembly who also represents Agege?
We are shouting Corina virus while people are been maimed in their numbers and no solution in sight.
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Chicastle: 10:31am On Apr 13, 2020
7lives:

The thing wey dey there be say people want stay for Lagos, unfortunately everywhere don full, no space again and they still want to stay.
So they joined all kinds of bad gang, and people no go pity anyone wey dem catch, na catch and lynch.

You are correct
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by PLAYBOX22: 11:03am On Apr 13, 2020
It happed in Ajegunle too ....Nothing concern covid-19 hunger for this mata

I think this boys have network, they take advantage of the dry and quiet times if you notice (like: lockdown, Christmas and New year eve)

1 million boys are at it again! Lock your door well for night o!
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Bekool(m): 11:13am On Apr 13, 2020
Samorenews:
Unrest in Lagos state where thrives disturb the peace of the state due to the stay at home law by the Government. Robbers took the advantage on people to robbed them.

Presently in Lagos In Agege the boys over become thier vigilante just to secure the street from robbers .

People can’t have a sweet nice rest ..

Where are the over hyped amotekun when u really need them the most? sad
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Moji12(f): 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
Quelme:
no be small thing yesterday night o
i was scared to my born marrow.
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Moji12(f): 12:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
Jostoman:
we did the same thing yesterday
it was indeed a terrible experience. May God protect us all.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by studentofTruth: 1:05pm On Apr 13, 2020
There's extreme hunger in the land. The government should lift this lockdown. Obviously, they're not achieving the intended social distancing.
Hungry robbers go in groups, and people gather together to keep watch — where's the social distance? Lockdown is not an option for Nigeria.
I wonder who told them they could ever achieve that in a society where over 60% depend on daily income to feed.
Closing primary and secondary schools is enough because children are involved.
The best option for Nigeria is to enforce compulsory facemasks and hand gloves! That's what is happening in Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Singapore, and these countries have achieved better control than the rest, despite recording their first cases from the very beginning.
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by studentofTruth: 1:11pm On Apr 13, 2020
Nuel4:
I said this thing about two months ago. Nigeria cannot survive a total lockdown, it is 100% impossible. Over 80% of Nigerian population don't have 15k they don't need immediately in their bank account, they survive on daily hustle. Everybody is shouting stay at home stay at home, what will a market woman eat? What of Drivers, Bikemen, Mechanics, tailors?
Nobody will sit in his room and starve to death. In few days time people will either completely ignore the lockdown, return to street (which will skyrocket the virus) or there will be a full blown anarchy. Your very own neighbour might attack you for food in Broad daylight.
Locking airport was the only solution which our government fuccked up.
Only miracle can save us now

Enforcing the use of facemasks and hand gloves can help a lot. Taiwan, Singapore, and Hong Kong are doing the same, and they have better control than the rest.
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by mrskillz: 4:04pm On Apr 13, 2020
duality:

You must eaten something today, right?
If not you will understand the guy you quoted earlier.
The poverty rate is escalating with the stay at home.
It’s eat or you die at home.
It is a natural phenomenon for crime rate to skyrocket in situation like this, cos hunger does not know gentle man.
Govt should manage the process of getting palliative to the citizens more effectively and quickly, because the next couple of weeks may not be funny.

Water must find its way.
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by ajl: 4:16pm On Apr 13, 2020
This is the kind of things that Americans fear most. To be robbed in your house and be helpless against intruders. That's why sales of guns have skyrocket in last few weeks. But in Nigeria, carrying gun without a license will be a crime. I also do not support a gun culture but communities need to organize themselves against such crimes.
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by duality(m): 7:16pm On Apr 13, 2020
mrskillz:

You must eaten something today, right?
If not you will understand the guy you quoted earlier.
The poverty rate is escalating with the stay at home.
It’s eat or you die at home.
It is a natural phenomenon for crime rate to skyrocket in situation like this, cos hunger does not know gentle man.
Govt should manage the process of getting palliative to the citizens more effectively and quickly, because the next couple of weeks may not be funny.

Water must find its way.

Look, I maintain. Don't justify crime don't. Irrespective of the situation. All those people constituting nuisance around are not hungry of food. Look, anyone who genuinely want food will eat. Not those who destroy food items given to them.

Please, please I beg you. Don't justify crime .
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by Quelme: 7:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
Moji12:
i was scared to my born marrow.
vigilante continues tonight. No fear!!!!!
Re: Lagos Unrest: Residents Of Agege Form Vigilantes To Protect Their Community by officialfestus(m): 9:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
mosho2good:
This stay at home� makes my brain think fast.......na so I create COVID-19 anthem & pledge for you guys... Check it out������

KITCHEN ANTHEM!!!
Arise 0 kitchen pots�
We children� want to eat�
Prepare us rice �and stew
And help us fry plantain�
The meat �on top must not be small
And make sure it's so sweet�
And add magi and salt
Some curry, thyme and nutmeg
We can't wait to eat����

KITCHEN PLEDGE!!!

I pledge to my kitchen, my best place
To be cooking, boiling and frying
To serve my stomach the best of meals
To defend the meat and fishies
And uphold our species and aroma
So help me pot.���
awesome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

'We Steal From Bike Riders Who Patronize Prostitutes At Night' - Robbers. Photos / Meet Crime-Buster Abba Kyari: Nigeria's Real Life Jack Bauer(photos) / 17-Year-Old Student Stabs Schoolmate To Death In Ekiti During 'Juju Contest'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.