Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre (33543 Views)

We Hope Refineries Will Work This Month, Say Petrol Suppliers / Marketers Say Tough Times As Petrol Hits N200/litre / Petrol Price: FG Setting Us Against Nigerians, Marketers Say (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by mayklef(m): 6:14am On Apr 13, 2020
dd
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Nobody: 6:16am On Apr 13, 2020
whay is d benefit to we d civillian
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by jboixxx: 6:17am On Apr 13, 2020
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by bskyb(m): 6:17am On Apr 13, 2020
Freeeanijor:
F.G please take advantage of this crisis and deregulate this industry now, allow the factors of demand and supply dictate the prices of petroleum products.

Allow us to enjoy this oil small na.

It has been deregulated already. Check out the interview granted by NNPC GMD during the past week
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by gambia(m): 6:18am On Apr 13, 2020
Na una sabi undecided
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 13, 2020
ffada:
good one

wailers gon b gropping

Are you okay?
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 13, 2020
emperorblog21:
whay is d benefit to we d civillian

Fuel will be cheaper
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by NigeriaBam: 6:22am On Apr 13, 2020
Nice one
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Sammysolution: 6:26am On Apr 13, 2020
How I wish this to true
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by deenee: 6:26am On Apr 13, 2020
kikero:
That's if there was true deregulation and not audio deregulation as practiced by the government.

This is audio regulation aided by a global drop in crude oil prices.

The true test for this will be if y'all will accept corresponding price increaae in PMS if global crude prices go up. Otherwise it's a scam and i personally think everybody is shouting deregulation now because cost of landing for PMS has gone down so no room for any subsidy manipulation again.

OPEC Russian and Saudi Arabia have reached some kind of quasi agreement which improve crude price. Let's see how this will pan out in the coming weeks.

God bless Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by PHAYOL81: 6:29am On Apr 13, 2020
ProfDview1:
Shey na petrol we Wan chop??

Grammernazi is here. Defender of English language gringringrin

Unless hunger Don hold u , u no go sabi correct English again gringringrin

There are some events that directly and indirectly affect the nature of other events. Remember, the entire world plunged into recession around the 2014 to early 2016 owing to the same crash in the price of thIs black gold. It might be slight but it's going to tell on the standard of living (if it actually come to pass against my doubt.)

Chineduokeanwu:
I don't know if this is good news or bad news
We can only keep our fingers crossed. For an economy that rely excessively on crude oil, the crash's not just a disaster but also a bad omen of a big hell around the corner.
I think, now's the time our government get extremely active in their bid to rejuvenate our agricultural sector because only that aspect could assure and insure us of a bright future.
Having said that, I hold my reservation about this predicted price reduction until in reality. it happens by which time I think the effect will further crash the price of goods and services a bit more. And I hope it does.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Princeston1(f): 6:30am On Apr 13, 2020
[s]
post=88382608:
We will patiently be waiting.......
[/s]
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Nobody: 6:31am On Apr 13, 2020
kenddys:

Fuel will be cheaper

lol i,hope so o.
for dis kaountry
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Reme123gen: 6:33am On Apr 13, 2020
What about naira and dollar?
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by ikorodureporta: 6:35am On Apr 13, 2020
...& kero is still N225/litre
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by BlackSpanner: 6:37am On Apr 13, 2020
I'm waiting to see what the price will be after the corona virus pandemic.

But why can't the price of DPK also go down?
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by crowniran(m): 6:37am On Apr 13, 2020
Fresh

Get 3 in 1 ebooks(Facebook ads, mini importation and WordPress) + 45hrs video guide on Udemy for just 1000 naira. Check signature for contact
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by F117nighthawk: 6:38am On Apr 13, 2020
The one that had dropped from 145 to 125 naira, is it not stealing and cheating the fuel stations had been perpetuating? I challenge anyone to go to most of these filling stations with 10litres plastic container @ 125 naira and see the scam going on by the marketers, the last one I bought few days ago read N1600 @ N125 per litre instead of N1125, so who are they fooling with their price drop, instead of fuel price reduction, they are doing PUMP ADJUSTMENT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by betonnaira: 6:38am On Apr 13, 2020
how much did u meet pump price before?
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 13, 2020
emperorblog21:

lol i,hope so o.

for dis kaountry

That's all na
No other thing there to gain
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Nobody: 6:40am On Apr 13, 2020
F117nighthawk:
The one that had dropped from 145 to 125 naira, is it not stealing and cheating the fuel stations had been perpetuating? I challenge anyone to go to most of these filling stations with 10litres plastic container @ 125 naira and see the scam going on by the marketers, the last one I bought few days ago read N1600 @ N125 per litre instead of N1125, so who are they fooling with their price drop
the one I bought last night read 1400

1 Like

Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Freeeanijor: 6:43am On Apr 13, 2020
bskyb:

It has been deregulated already. Check out the interview granted by NNPC GMD during the past week
Forget about what they say on air as it doesn't hold water, I'll only take them serious when they tweak the law guiding this sector to reflect what they say as a prove to illustrate how genuine they really are.

1 Like

Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by karnap(m): 6:44am On Apr 13, 2020
the transport fair when price was 145 is the same price when is gonna be 8/litre this country is so special
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Aidlyfe: 6:46am On Apr 13, 2020
Dejavuetall:
As soon as dangote refinery went to work, petroleum price crashed in Nigeria. What if we have 10 of such private refineries?

Dangote refinery ke? Abeg this is just one positive dividend of the Chinese virus
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by manforgu: 6:47am On Apr 13, 2020
virginboy1:
N8/per litre shocked

I am flabbergasted... In fact I don't know what to say... Infact I weak....

Day 14 of Lockdown.... Excessive soaking of garri has closed my left eyes... cry

Hunger Virus is deadly
It's not dropping to 8naira per litre, rather 8naira more being removed/ deducted from the current 123/ 125 price.

Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by manforgu: 6:48am On Apr 13, 2020
[quote author=virginboy1 post=88382592]N8/per litre shocked

I am flabbergasted... In fact I don't know what to say... Infact I weak....

Day 14 of Lockdown.... Excessive soaking of garri has closed my left eyes... cry

Hunger Virus is deadly
It's not dropping to 8naira per litre, rather 8naira more being removed/ deducted from the current 123/ 125 price.
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 13, 2020
Just bring it to ₦100 because I know they can still afford to make profit with that price.
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 13, 2020
Nigerian Breweries need to follow trend.

Prices of beer should also drop
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 13, 2020
holina:
Even if it drops to N100 cost of transportation remains same. NA we dey do ourselves for this country

Police bribe have increased
Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by Nobody: 6:55am On Apr 13, 2020
Dejavuetall:
As soon as dangote refinery went to work, petroleum price crashed in Nigeria. What if we have 10 of such private refineries?

Which dangote refinery?

Coronavirus has led to decrease in demand and the result is price crash

1 Like

Re: Marketers Say Petrol Price Could Further Drop By ₦8/Litre by bskyb(m): 6:56am On Apr 13, 2020
Freeeanijor:

Forget about what they say on air as it doesn't hold water, I'll only take them serious when they tweak the law guiding this sector to reflect what they say as a prove to illustrate how genuine they really are.

Is there need for a law in order to deregulate?
I agree that Govt over the years has betrayed people's trust and so, it's difficult to trust them. But, this is something they had wanted to do all along. Remember all the protest and media backlash against the move. This is an opportunity for them and I believe they have seized it already.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election / See Buhari's Score's On Buharimeter / Why I Can’t Go And Greet Buhari, Even If Invited —fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.