Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Ondo Govt Accuses Police Of Collecting Bribes At Boundaries - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo Govt Accuses Police Of Collecting Bribes At Boundaries (498 Views)

Enugu Governmet Accuses Flavour, Phyno Of Collecting N78m From Ekweremadu / Quilox: Akin Alabi Accuses Police Of Demanding Bribe To Release Impounded Cars / Ondo Govt. Partners With MAX OKADA, Launches 'Sunshine Safe Bike' (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo Govt Accuses Police Of Collecting Bribes At Boundaries by Nobody: 9:25am On Apr 13, 2020
The Ondo State Government has accused the police of collecting bribes and allowing people from other states to enter the state in violation of the lockdown orders.

The Special Adviser on Special Duties to Governor Rotimi Akeredolu, Dr. Doyin Odebowale made this allegation yesterday when he visited the boundaries.

Odebowale lamented the influx of people from other states despite the ban on inter-state movement.

He alleged that the police were frustrating the effort of the government at containing the spread of the deadly disease by allowing people to enter the state after paying a bribe to the police.

“You people are supposed to turn back any unauthorised vehicles but you allow them to pass through. You are corrupt. You are not doing your work,” he told the police officers.

But the head of the police team, Mr. Ebisine Amy, denied the allegation, saying the policemen at the boundary were doing the work professionally.

“We don’t collect money from anybody and no vehicle has passed through this place. My men are doing their work accordingly,” he said.
https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/04/13/ondo-govt-accuses-police-of-collecting-bribes-at-boundaries/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
Re: Ondo Govt Accuses Police Of Collecting Bribes At Boundaries by JunctionBox: 9:26am On Apr 13, 2020
K
Re: Ondo Govt Accuses Police Of Collecting Bribes At Boundaries by Cirilla(f): 9:26am On Apr 13, 2020
It's their birth right
Re: Ondo Govt Accuses Police Of Collecting Bribes At Boundaries by manuel4real(m): 9:28am On Apr 13, 2020
Na there way

Re: Ondo Govt Accuses Police Of Collecting Bribes At Boundaries by yungchop: 9:48am On Apr 13, 2020
Azorjiu I mentioned you in a thread sir, plus I sent you a Private message here. Please check it.
Re: Ondo Govt Accuses Police Of Collecting Bribes At Boundaries by Covidodo: 10:45am On Apr 13, 2020
NPF and bribe

Re: Ondo Govt Accuses Police Of Collecting Bribes At Boundaries by Nobody: 11:01am On Apr 13, 2020
Police has long lost their taste
Re: Ondo Govt Accuses Police Of Collecting Bribes At Boundaries by azorjiu(m): 11:47am On Apr 13, 2020
yungchop:
Azorjiu I mentioned you in a thread sir, plus I sent you a Private message here. Please check it.

Looking at your previous postings, there’s definitely nothing for us to discuss. Don’t make a career out of nairaland. Someone of us a very good in this game.
Re: Ondo Govt Accuses Police Of Collecting Bribes At Boundaries by yungchop: 1:49pm On Apr 13, 2020
azorjiu:

Looking at your previous postings, there’s definitely nothing for us to discuss. Don’t make a career out of nairaland. Someone of us a very good in this game.
In a much as I don't actually get what you're driving at, it's okay. Thanks for atleast replying my mention. I'll take down my post now.
Re: Ondo Govt Accuses Police Of Collecting Bribes At Boundaries by Nobody: 7:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
azorjiu:

Hello, you can send me your email address to forward you the agenda. You are invited to be a member
Re: Ondo Govt Accuses Police Of Collecting Bribes At Boundaries by orisa37: 7:42pm On Apr 14, 2020
Let Amotekun fish all illegal immigrants out. Amotekun should work 24/7. They're essential workers. Trace them to their Residents. If they have NIN, It's RIFA-RUGA ISLAMISATION FULANISATION AND ANARCHY. IT'S BUHARI'S SHOW OF TERRORISM.

(1) (Reply)

Saint Mienpamo Onistha On My Detention By The Department Of State Security / President Buhari Discloses What He Discussed With Governors / NDDC Acting EDFA, Mr Ibanga Bassey Etang Reportedly Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.