Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,431 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Dealing With Husband's Love & Mother-in-law - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dealing With Husband's Love & Mother-in-law (494 Views)

Housewife Destroys Flat Screen Television Over Issues With Husband / Is Anything Wrong With Husband & Wife Sleeping In Separate Rooms / Woman Who Slept With Male Best Friend Following Quarrel With Husband, Seeks Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dealing With Husband's Love & Mother-in-law by Sotland: 12:26pm On Apr 13, 2020
I'm not trying to be biased or sentimental but I think this issue is getting out of hand. Every group is talking about the same thing,and what's it? It is husband's love.

So many ladies will tell you not to marry a man that's too attached to his family. Some will tell you to marry someone that have a mind of his own,a man that will stand against his family just to protect you.

Not disputing that a good husband should always stand by his wife. I'm only concerned about those that wants their husbands to love them more than their mom and families. Some ladies today pray for their mother in-laws to die before they arrive cuz they believe mother in-laws are evil.

While you are busy thinking, don't forget that it's his mom that birthed him,breastfed him,clothed him, protected and provided for him,trained him to be the man you now admire and love,backed him up both emotionally, spiritually by prayers and physically. Even when he had his first fall,his family were there to list him to stand again. Before you came into the picture, his family were there,even after you came,his family were still there. And now because his marriage to you,you want him to concentrate more on you? Because you're his wife he should forget his root? Family will always be family,it's the group of people related by blood,not by cake, wedding,water and even ring. Blood will always be thicker than anything else. Treat his family the way you want to be treated and stop blaming anyone.

Don't you ever forget this,you will some day be a mom and a mother inlaw. You will know the feeling of your child standing against you the mom.

Remember,I didn't type to impress anyone,I only typed to correct the errors I see in this our generation.

#Soty
Copied
# Itz Darling

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Husband's Love & Mother-in-law by Hathor5(f): 12:31pm On Apr 13, 2020
I don't understand this unhealthy competition. It's either the husband loves his mother too much or the wife their children. Isn't their enough love to go around?

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Husband's Love & Mother-in-law by Bola146(f): 12:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
I'll always advice ladies not to marry mummy's baby, breadwinner of the family, nor a man who doesn't really love you. If a man is mentally and emotionally okay, he loves you also, then the lady must be ready to love all his family members as her own family.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Husband's Love & Mother-in-law by rain21(f): 12:50pm On Apr 13, 2020
How can a full grown man not distinguish between love for his wife and love for his mom?

They are two different things and a man ready to settle down should know the exact difference and not mix the two together

3 Likes

Re: Dealing With Husband's Love & Mother-in-law by crackland: 12:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
Sotland:
I'm not trying to be biased or sentimental but I think this issue is getting out of hand. Every group is talking about the same thing,and what's it? It is husband's love.

So many ladies will tell you not to marry a man that's too attached to his family. Some will tell you to marry someone that have a mind of his own,a man that will stand against his family just to protect you.
Such ladies were not brought up in a close-knit family, they were probably not very close to their own mothers so you really can't expect them to understand the kind of bond a man (or anyone for that matter) can have with his mother or family.

It's psychological.

5 Likes

Re: Dealing With Husband's Love & Mother-in-law by Vyolet(f): 1:36pm On Apr 13, 2020
A mother's love is different, that of the wife is also different.
It is just unfortunate that some men don't know how to differentiate it.

2 Likes

Re: Dealing With Husband's Love & Mother-in-law by Sotland: 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2020
This is not an insult but an average Woman is selfish, you may argue it ... Let me ask you a question.. What is the different between a wife and a mother-in-law?

Vyolet:
A mother's love is different, that of the wife is also different.
It is just unfortunate that some men don't know how to differentiate it.

1 Like

Re: Dealing With Husband's Love & Mother-in-law by Belafonte(m): 3:02pm On Apr 13, 2020
A mother loves unconditionally; a wife loves conditionally.

Show love to whom deserves it. It’s not by title. Unconditional love to those who love you unconditionally; conditional love to those who might suddenly develop ‘irreconcilable differences’ or ‘get bored’ with you down the line.

4 Likes

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of OP / How Do You Manage Situations Like This? / Paid Video Viewing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.