Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs (1498 Views)

Ebonyi State Child Invents ATM Machine That Dispense Cash For Personal Use And A / Can Pharmacologist Open A Pharmacy Store? / Elizade University Gets Full License To Operate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by HammedOlanaija(m): 8:12pm On Apr 13, 2020
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by ashewoboy(m): 8:15pm On Apr 13, 2020
A
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by Commentor: 8:20pm On Apr 13, 2020
What's the practice worldwide and why do you think we should be different?
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by HammedOlanaija(m): 8:28pm On Apr 13, 2020
Commentor:
Sorry which one are you exactly a pharmacist or a pharmacologist
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by iFukSimplyleo: 9:34pm On Apr 13, 2020
[s]
Commentor:
[/s]
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by Period007(m): 9:17am On Apr 14, 2020
HammedOlanaija:
This is pure wickedness and as it is you just showed us all that this is really what they taught every pharmacy students during their study.And to top it all these set of pple keep derailing pple and changing their mindset about pharmacology.How can you even make a rule and prohibit pple that studied pharmacology and earned various degrees especially those with BSc.degree not to practice drug sale.This is wickedness at its peak,someone that studied the basis of drugs right from their 2nd level in universities and taught every bit of things they need to know during their course of study.Wow! You can imagine,only pharmacists want to rule,we all went to school like you do.If it get to some point you will say pharmacologists work in laboratory and not hospitals I bet you didn't know about clinical pharmacologists.For heaven's sake this is really awkward and absurd,you want them to study for four years,spend almost a million during their course of study.Take me for an example I did jamb and scored 232 but unfortunately got 42% in PUTME that's sad as it seems cos I opted for medicine as first choice and pharmacy as second choice.I didn't got admission through jamb till date and was never offered any course in BMS.It was after sometime I learnt that a guy who got 204 and 32% was offered anatomy even tho he chose medicine as 1st choice and pharmacy as 2nd choice just like me.I later learnt from someone that "if you no get leg you no fit enter uni".I didn't gave up and still went on to do JUPEB .I was given pharmacology anyway but unfortunately I made my parents bankruptee all because of "making it in life".We spent almost N600,000,for jst a year programme.And later got admission(thanks to God for his grace,amstill thanking him for that till date because I know he will never fail me) and still went through mates like us calling us D.E student(Half bake students as they call us).I can't believe the school too tagged us bastard and make us pay school fees like the fresh students(paying high fees)we even paid the acceptance.Now am in 400l after spending 100k+ each for the 3 levels(200L,300L,400L).I can't believe with all this you still want me to graduate and end in a laboratory especially in Nigeria,what a pity! You want me to sit down and make drugswhen even you that pple termed as superior professionals as you people call it can't even make....And lastly my question is if you were in my shoes and ended up in a laboratory as a pharmacologist.What will be your service to pple in exchange for money....Who will patronize you?��Give them drugs you madePharmacists that say pharmacologist cannot work in a hospital after studying the pharmacodynamic and pharmacokinetic,origin,therapeutic use,toxicological effect of drugs are BEASTS!....People commits suicide after reading your interviews,articles about the uselessness of pharmacology.Stop it!
Where u thought dispensing and practical dispensing while in school?
If yes, u can dispense
If no,go back to your lab.
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by shollish(m): 1:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
Lol, the guy thinks studying just pharmacology will give him the full leverage over drugs. Pharmacology is just 1 out of 6 department in Pharmacy.
Drugs are not toys ! That's why every pharmacist has a practising license and is governed by a body.....please what knowledge of Advanced Dispensing,
Pharmacy Jurisprudence, Clinical Pharmacy, Medicinal Chemistry, Pathophysiology, Pharmacy Administration, Unit Operations, Supply Chain Management of Pharmaceuticals, Pharmaceutical Analysis/Synthesis, Quality Control, Antimicrobial Evalution, Biotechnology, Drug Design and SAR etc do you have? and you wanna delve into drugs?! Hahahaha abeg Go and pick D.E form, its not late
Period007:

Where u thought dispensing and practical dispensing while in school?
If yes, u can dispense
If no,go back to your lab.

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by MrEgghead(m): 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2020
shollish:
Lol, the guy thinks studying just pharmacology will give him the full leverage over drugs. Pharmacology is just 1 out of 6 department in Pharmacy.
Drugs are not toys ! That's why every pharmacist has a practising license and is governed by a body.....please what knowledge of Advanced Dispensing,
Pharmacy Jurisprudence, Clinical Pharmacy, Medicinal Chemistry, Pathophysiology, Pharmacy Administration, Unit Operations, Supply Chain Management of Pharmaceuticals, Pharmaceutical Analysis/Synthesis, Quality Control, Antimicrobial Evalution, Biotechnology, Drug Design and SAR etc do you have? and you wanna delve into drugs?! Hahahaha abeg Go and pick D.E form, its not late
You people know how to define your boundary with other professionals but can't define your boundary with Medical Doctors....How funny life can be!

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by shollish(m): 4:09pm On Apr 14, 2020
I havent seen any pharmacist carrying out an invasive procedure or surgery so Expantiate please
MrEgghead:
You people know how to define your boundary with other professionals but can't define your boundary with Medical Doctors....How funny life can be!
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by HammedOlanaija(m): 5:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
shollish:
I havent seen any pharmacist carrying out an invasive procedure or surgery so Expantiate please
Bro enough talk,you haven't answer a question in this thread.What will be your service to pple if you are working in a lab in nigeria in exchange for money?
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by HammedOlanaija(m): 5:31pm On Apr 14, 2020
shollish:
Someone that is still going to study pharmacology in his MSc programme is saying pharmacology is 1 out of 6 department.Dude everything you got was a tip or should I say summary of each vast department.So stop saying you did it all.I mean how can you be taught a whole section of stuffs not even 1, nah 6 ooo.Stuffs pple spend 4yrs in each department to earn a degree.Are you telling me you did all this in your 4yrs pharmacy programme.Basically you are telling us you did 6 course pple like you spent 4yrs( so 6 will be 6 x 4= 24yrs.....you are a joker)you spent 4yrs to study courses pple spend 24yrs to study.
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by MrEgghead(m): 6:51pm On Apr 14, 2020
shollish:
What about the diagnosis and prescription part?
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by shollish(m): 7:44pm On Apr 14, 2020
Have told you in the other thread that some courses ought not to be studied in this country because there is no clear cut career path for their graduates.
HammedOlanaija:

Bro enough talk,you haven't answer a question in this thread.What will be your service to pple if you are working in a lab in nigeria in exchange for money?
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by shollish(m): 7:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
angry
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by shollish(m): 7:48pm On Apr 14, 2020
Well perhaps you haven't heard about pharmaceutical care. Pharmacists handle minor ailments because they are the most easily accessible and they know when the situation is above them to refer to appropriate authorities.
MrEgghead:
What about the diagnosis and prescription part?
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by MrEgghead(m): 8:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
shollish:
Well perhaps you haven't heard about pharmaceutical care. Pharmacists handle minor ailments because they are the most easily accessible and they know when the situation is above them to refer to appropriate authorities.
That's exactly what I've been talking about..
Your job is not treat any minor ailments,your job is to vet medicines and dispense the drugs prescribed the Doctor... It's only a lawless country like Nigeria that allows such trash..
The Doctors even suffer backlash from people owing to death after they must have been handled by quacks.
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by HammedOlanaija(m): 9:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
shollish:
We spend 5 years for Bpharm and 6 years for pharmD studying about 6 departments in the faculty EACH Semester! With not less than 3 practicals EACH Semester!
We are not playing in Pharmacy bro! Its a professional course . Not every pharmacy graduate does MSC in pharmacology, I guess you need a lot of orientation.
Am not telling you all pharmacy do pharmacology in their MSc pharmacology but am asking you why is there pharmacology for pharmacists in their MSc programme when they already did everything in their university
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by iaamxavier(m): 11:52pm On Apr 14, 2020
I'm highly disappointed you don't even know much about what you studied

Yet you want to make comparisons with pharmacy??

1 Like

Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by shollish(m): 12:12am On Apr 15, 2020
Oga I'm not arguing with you self
Pharmacist are the first point of call in most scenario thus the need for pharmaceutical care.
Google Standard Pharmaceutical care practice,
it has being in place in developed countries for long. Nothing like Nigeria factor here
MrEgghead:
That's exactly what I've been talking about..
Your job is not treat any minor ailments,your job is to vet medicines and dispense the drugs prescribed the Doctor... It's only a lawless country like Nigeria that allows such trash..
The Doctors even suffer backlash from people owing to death after they must have been handled by quacks.
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by shollish(m): 12:14am On Apr 15, 2020
It's for those that want to further their academic knowledge, those interested in becoming lecturers in that field , we have MSC in Pharmaceutics, Pharm chemistry and the rest departments in pharmacy. Not all pharmacy graduates go for MSC
Bye
HammedOlanaija:

Am not telling you all pharmacy do pharmacology in their MSc pharmacology but am asking you why is there pharmacology for pharmacists in their MSc programme when they already did everything in their university
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by MrEgghead(m): 12:24am On Apr 15, 2020
shollish:
Oga I'm not arguing with you self
Pharmacist are the first point of call in most scenario thus the need for pharmaceutical care.
Google Standard Pharmaceutical care practice,
it has being in place in developed countries for long. Nothing like Nigeria factor here
Which pharmacists are the first point of call? As in how?
Pls if you want to play a Doctor, get the MBBS degree..
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by shollish(m): 12:39am On Apr 15, 2020
Pharmacies are most accessible to the public than the long waiting queue and high consultation at the hospital which majority cannot afford.
MrEgghead:
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by Period007(m): 10:51am On Apr 15, 2020
MrEgghead:
This guy doesn't know anything
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by HammedOlanaija(m): 10:53am On Apr 15, 2020
Period007:

This guy doesn't know anything
Lol���Mr no it all
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by shollish(m): 7:42am On Apr 17, 2020
Thread Closed #!
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by AnthCunny(m): 8:51am On Apr 17, 2020
shollish:
We spend 5 years for Bpharm and 6 years for pharmD studying about 6 departments in the faculty EACH Semester! With not less than 3 practicals EACH Semester!
We are not playing in Pharmacy bro! Its a professional course . Not every pharmacy graduate does MSC in pharmacology, I guess you need a lot of orientation.

Lol... you are funny. Calm down abeg...stop the over-hype.
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by shollish(m): 9:23am On Apr 17, 2020
Lol....I'm not the nerd or school fanatic sef

Just saying the reality / truth
AnthCunny:

Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by HammedOlanaija(m): 4:41am On Apr 21, 2020
AnthCunny:

5yrs Lmao
The course that only takes 3yrs in some other countries ....be hyping your sef
Re: Do You Think Pharmacologist Should Be Also Given License To Dispense Drugs by HammedOlanaija(m): 4:44am On Apr 21, 2020
AnthCunny:

Abi oooo....they want to be seeing patients lol
So that they can send them into their early grave or render doctors useless worldwide like they did to pharmacologists
Awon alagbata earning all the praise continue!

(1) (Reply)

The Strategy We Used To Conquer Cultism In Federal Poly Nekede - School Rector / Why Do Nairalanders Hide Their Faces? / ASUU Extends Strike By 3 Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.