Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn (614 Views)

Kindly Share Your Scam Interview Experience And How You Found Out They Were Scam / Kindly Share Initiatives In Place To Manage This Situation / Top Interview Mistakes You Should Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by Leezah(f): 11:24pm On Apr 13, 2020
Today's learning session would take a new twist.

I call it "MESS UP THREAD" (forgive my use of language)

Kindly share mistakes you have made so others can learn:

When applying for jobs
At interviews
After an offer was made
When you resigned

I left my previous job because I wasn't making any head way and the pay was too small for my level of experience, mistake I made was not getting a new job before leaving.
1 amd 8 months down the line was still job hunting �.
P. S do not leave a job when you've not gotten another one.
Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by slimmax: 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2020
Sent an application without attaching my resume on the last day given. And I had already resigned from my

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by Leezah(f): 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2020
slimmax:
Sent an application without attaching my resume on the last day given. And I had already resigned from my
I don't understand
Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by CsRockefeller(m): 10:54pm On Apr 18, 2020
After an offer is made and you are not comfortable with it, dont sign it until you get audience with the person in charge.

Even if the person is not on seat (offline or online) dont still sign.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by CsRockefeller(m): 10:56pm On Apr 18, 2020
Also, dont follow any member of your interview panel or the MD on any social media site before appointment letter is given.

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by chinchonglee(m): 12:40am On Apr 19, 2020
Leezah:

When applying for jobs
At interviews
After an offer was made
When you resigned

I left my previous job because I wasn't making any head way and the pay was too small for my level of experience, mistake I made was not getting a new job before leaving.
How do you get a new job wen u re working with a firm??

Like how do you go for interview?
What lies do you tell them?

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by Leezah(f): 1:12am On Apr 19, 2020
chinchonglee:

How do you get a new job wen u re working with a firm??

Like how do you go for interview?
What lies do you tell them?
Check the internet therein is your answer.
Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by chinchonglee(m): 8:00am On Apr 19, 2020
Leezah:
Check the internet therein is your answer.
Madam face front.
Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by Leezah(f): 8:03am On Apr 19, 2020
chinchonglee:

Madam face front.
Yes sir.
Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by slimmax: 9:18am On Apr 19, 2020
Leezah:
I don't understand
There was a position in an NGO and I missed it.
Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by CsRockefeller(m): 9:46am On Apr 19, 2020
Leezah:
Yes sir.

grin grin grin
Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by FOLLYVENTURES: 11:01am On Apr 19, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by Olamsoh: 8:47pm On Apr 20, 2020
Many experience

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by Nobody: 2:54am On May 20, 2020
I wanted an increment in my salary and went to tell my boss...
At first my pay was good but they increased my workload without increasing my pay and it was really telling on me. So after two months of my increased pay. My workload was doubled, I went to complain again but my boss wasn't listening, so I started a rebellion amongst my colleagues and we all got fired.

I could have gone to meet the managing director or probably meet anyone else higher than my boss (who was head of operations). But I chose to start a rebellion that led to the loss of our jobs

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by Preciousify(f): 8:49am On May 20, 2020
Leezah:

When applying for jobs
At interviews
After an offer was made
When you resigned

Exactly my case.
Its 5 months now.

1 Like

Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by Leezah(f): 11:28am On May 20, 2020
Preciousify:

Exactly my case.
Its 5 months now.
Life happens
Re: Kindly Share Mistakes You Have Made So Others Can Learn by Rubyjade: 9:32am On Apr 13
shocked

(1) (Reply)

U-report Begins Employment Survey / Poise Home Interview(help) / Nanny Is Needed In Victoria Island Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.