Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,453 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village (46526 Views)

BREAKING: Many Feared Dead As Nigerian Air Force Jet ‘accidentally’ Bombs Katsin / Children-killed-as-air-force-accidentally-bombs-borno-village / Obituary Of Imo Couple & Their 3 Children Killed With Poison (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by EncourageMe: 6:43am On Apr 14, 2020
This is very unprofessional, terrorists are killing and Government is killing too. Only God is saving. Accept Jesus now.

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by Nobody: 6:43am On Apr 14, 2020
In fela's voice...."DEM REGULAR TRADEMARK "

2 Likes

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by Ayo8(m): 6:44am On Apr 14, 2020
This is the heights of incompetence...

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by JimohMomoh: 6:46am On Apr 14, 2020
potent5:

Okay.

Not just typing Okay, go back and modify your post

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by Stefenijoan002(f): 6:48am On Apr 14, 2020
My heart goes to those killed n their families .but if we most be true to ourselves we know that to save lives some lives must be taken .they were giving fake info that's why it happened that way they were only trying to protect not that they were incompetent as some might say.
Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by Nobody: 6:49am On Apr 14, 2020
It can only happen in zoo.

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by Oyiboman69: 6:50am On Apr 14, 2020
Lostz:
incompetence at it best.

the villagers would have preferred the security forces left them alone for Boko boys.

or could it be that those killed are Boko boys and the community being Boko boys apologist are trying to paint the security agencies black?

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by SamUnbeatable(m): 6:50am On Apr 14, 2020
Luckydubby7:

https://www.thecable.ng/children-killed-as-air-force-accidentally-bombs-borno-village/amp?__twitter_impression=true
I can't remember niger president using airstrikes on highly rated bokoharam sects and he did successfully did damage with land troops alone.... is well if the news is actually true.

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by kareemkamil(m): 6:51am On Apr 14, 2020
What type of military we have in this country, no proper investigation before carry out attack

2 Likes

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by basty: 6:52am On Apr 14, 2020
In as much as I sympathise with the people that died in the operation. We all need to be careful of what we typed on these fora
The error does not make the Nigerian Army incompetent, many of you sleep in the comfort of your home typing rubbish. Do you know the efforts these soldiers are putting to curb the menace of the Boko Haram in the North East? Please stop castigating our soldiers.
American Army killed hundred civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan, heavens did not fall. Please stop these abuses. Enough is enough, someone said Chadian president should rule over Nigeria, what a human being whose brain has been formatted to a doll?

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 14, 2020
lord of mercy

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by damosade(m): 6:53am On Apr 14, 2020
When buratai claimed that he won't come to abuja unless bokoharam is defeated, we never knew he wants to use bruteforce approach ..
Hiding in the sky to drop bomb, Is he better than Chad president that fought on ground and make sure no collateral damages..

Awon soja yeye.

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by RealLordZeus(m): 6:55am On Apr 14, 2020
Openbusiness:

What of when they bombed the IDP camp by "mistake" according to them, was the government IDP camps too filled with villagers hiding terrorists? Chad military just killed over 1000 boko haram in a single day, without killing any Nigeria civilians, recovered countless weapons and equipment. Yet our own, if grounds troops request for air assault backup, if they don't crash the plane, they will bomb civilians leaving the boko haram to escape, or bomb IDP camps. You better tell yourself the truth, something is seriously wrong with our army, stop blaming innocent civilians for their failures. Your army needs serious overhauling and rebuilding. Bombing civilians all the time, civilians that are not even inside Sambisa. Buratai has really moved to the theatre. The incompetence really shows. Won't be surprised if more mishaps keep happening.
nams77:

Its not as easy as you think. Let me give you a scenario. In a neighborhood, must people know who the criminals are but can't point them out for fear of reprisal attacks. In U.S there is the witness protection scheme that gives informants like this protection, relocate them and even change their identity. But in naija, na police go even show the arm robbers the person wey come expose them

You both have valid points but the northerners scenario is a different case, and if you live or have lived in the north you will understand this better.
In the South West, the people form vigilante, landlord association etc, they report the slightest suspicion to the police infact at their disadvantage. (I can remember a case of when we caught a boy burgling a house and we reported to the police, the community still contribute up to 20k to the police for reporting Kwa , and this does not deter them for doing so in the future). But in the north , it is a different case, if a thief/criminal is being pursued and get to enter a community, that is likely to be the end of it. They do all sort of coverups there, how many times have u ever heard that they lynched a thief over like we do see in the south! It's a different scenario
Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by BRASH: 6:59am On Apr 14, 2020
potent5:

Without source, this can only be fake news.
it is fake news to you because you don't like to hear the truth.

2 Likes

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:00am On Apr 14, 2020
J111333:
You scanned, locked and got a confirmation from superior to drop a bomb and you're saying it's accidental.

What kind of madness is this? angry
The madness exhibited is top notch
Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by nams77: 7:02am On Apr 14, 2020
RealLordZeus:

You both have valid points but the northerners scenario is a different case, and if you live or have lived in the north you will understand this better.
In the South West, the people form vigilante, landlord association etc, they report the slightest suspicion to the police infact at their disadvantage. (I can remember a case of when we caught a boy burgling a house and we reported to the police, the community still contribute up to 20k to the police for reporting Kwa , and this does not deter them for doing so in the future). But in the north , it is a different case, if a thief/criminal is being pursued and get to enter a community, that is likely to be the end of it. They do all sort of coverups there, how many times have u ever heard that they lynched a thief over like we do see in the south! It's a different scenario
Well like you rightly said, i haven't lived in the north and i am not looking forward to. If that's their game plan, i wish them luck

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by Nobody: 7:02am On Apr 14, 2020
Since the Chadians reduced boko haram members to size bohari has not been happy. Did anyone hear him saying anything about it? He sent his coas to go and continue what his boys had been doing meanwhile planning his revenge attack on Chad.

Blame it on fools that helped him to get to power.

Bohari is a curse

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by NaijadrivaCars: 7:02am On Apr 14, 2020
See why Chad is better? Nigeria military can't get any thing done right in this war against insurgency.

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by RealLordZeus(m): 7:03am On Apr 14, 2020
nams77:

Well like you rightly said, i haven't lived in the north and i am not looking forward to. If that's their game plan, i wish them luck
lol
Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by yahmohy27: 7:04am On Apr 14, 2020
potent5:

Without source, this can only be fake news.
Thank You .
Fake News
Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by Openbusiness: 7:05am On Apr 14, 2020
RealLordZeus:

The same North that cuts off people's hands for stealing ordinary orange? Bro my people have history in the North, out of every say 10 people in my extended family, maybe 6 can speak hausa pass hausa man. I understand your point, but it's not the case. Towns where people cooperate with terrorists, it's not just because of religion, or because they like boko haram, but because if they don't cooperate they will die, they will be mercilessly killed and nothing will happen, nobody to save them, and they will just become another death statistics. So it's mostly a hostage situation and the people there are being held against their wish. But life as a hostage is still better than being dead for nothing, right? So they will surely cooperate to save themselves. The most basic Human instincts is the instincts for survival, people will do whatever to try to survive, including cooperating with terrorists. But imagine ground troops calling for air assault in Garki, and then one airforce pilot drops the bomb in Maitama. What kind of mistake is that? I don't believe it was a mistake
Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 14, 2020
I keep saying it, they are not honest in their promises. Top secrets will be exposed soon!

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by Segunlords(m): 7:10am On Apr 14, 2020
Na today, our system is to wait for Boko Haram to attack then we fight back.

Business men in uniform.

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by Kingspin(m): 7:11am On Apr 14, 2020
Boko Haram informat passed the information to the military

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by risos(m): 7:11am On Apr 14, 2020
Boko haram taking revenge for the killing of their members by Chadian army

1 Like

Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by noisy45(m): 7:12am On Apr 14, 2020
Very good news the horrors of 1967-1970 will continue in the north
Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by opribo(m): 7:13am On Apr 14, 2020
Why must their own be different why, is it not the same boko haram that Chadian army dealt mercilessly with, without any sad tale to tell instead they have used overzealousness to kill innocent children.

Please, let them leave this war for Chaldians to fight and i can assure you within a short time everything will be ok.
Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by Centcanada: 7:14am On Apr 14, 2020
I do not know if this is a real news or fake but am of the opinion that if in any way it got to be a real news, just know that This country is still putting their self in a deep mess because the soul, the spirit and the blood of innocent people in this country wasting are much and we do not wish more to waste like that. Let them take precautions and let them not allow God to descend on them because we have had enough of innocent blood in this country under this wicked government ruling us. God will make a way for his children in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by noisy45(m): 7:16am On Apr 14, 2020
SoNature:
These are some of the worrisome incidents Nigeria's north will have to live with forever

Yes, the fight against insurgency has no end in sight. Sure, it has become the biggest business in that region with many people cashing in on it big time.

If anyone expects this government to wipe out Boko Haram terrorists, they are just waiting for a flight at Tin Can Island

Very good news the horrors of 1967-1970 will continue to hunt them in the north
Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by IamAtikulate: 7:20am On Apr 14, 2020
basty:
In as much as I sympathise with the people that died in the operation. We all need to be careful of what we typed on these fora
The error does not make the Nigerian Army incompetent, many of you sleep in the comfort of your home typing rubbish. Do you know the efforts these soldiers are putting to curb the menace of the Boko Haram in the North East? Please stop castigating our soldiers.
American Army killed hundred civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan, heavens did not fall. Please stop these abuses. Enough is enough, someone said Chadian president should rule over Nigeria, what a human being whose brain has been formatted to a doll?
Idris Debby for President 2023. Our General president is audio
Re: Children Killed As Air Force ‘Accidentally Bombs’ Borno Village by BreconHills(m): 7:20am On Apr 14, 2020
J111333:
You scanned, locked and got a confirmation from superior to drop a bomb and you're saying it's accidental.

What kind of madness is this? angry

The sequence of final orders in a bombing means their is a time lapse. The size of the lapse may vary based on the decision making architecture. In Nigerias case spotting is done by high flying surveillance planes then communicated to field HQ and the plane. If BH elements live in the area, time lapse may lead to civilian casualties. Every airforce in the world US, GB, Israel, Russia has killed innocent civilians.this is the result of fast moving war/decision making. Death in any war zone - civilian is a tragedy.

Finally the cable correspondent should know the difference between a bomb and what appears in this case to be unguided rockets. Bombs are dropped ( whether smart or dumb), missiles and rockets are fired. A military correspondent should know the difference. How on earth does he get paid?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Spent N60m On Ummukulsum – Chinese Man Who Killed His Lover Tells Kano Court / Fidelity Bank’s Manager Orders The Beating Of Customers / My Experience With A Stolen Rx330 Lexus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.