Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,965 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force (1975 Views)

I Mistakenly Sold Firearm I Found At Mosque To A DJ – Police Sergeant / Moment A Military Office Pulled A Firearm At A Danfo Driver In Traffic / "My Sister's Policeman Boyfriend Assaults Her Using His Firearm" - South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by bryce1(m): 11:48pm On Apr 13, 2020
Obtain a Gun license in Nigeria

procedure

(1) Make an application to the Commissioner of Police in your State of residence.
(2) The police will issue you with an application form that will require your bio-data.
Some of the pertinent information required are:
(i) Your full names
(ii) Address
(iii) Reasons for applying for the license
(iv) Date of Birth. Note here that guns are not issued to persons below thirty-five (35) years of age.
(3) Further required to accompany the application form is a medical report that confirms that the applicants sanity is normal.
(4) Another medical report is also required on the applicants chest. This is to protect the applicant from the sharp retraction that occurs when a gun is fired.
(5) Four (4) clear passport photograph of the applicant is also required.
(6) On obtaining your gun from the nearest gun dealer, prices vary depending on area of purchase; the police should normally register the serial number of the weapon.
(7) Upon a satisfactory appraisal of the application the license is issued in a booklet form, bearing one of the passport photographs of the applicant and carrying the stamp of the state police headquarters.
N.B. Gun licenses are subject to renewal every year for a token fee of five hundred naira (N500.00) only..
Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by bryce1(m): 11:51pm On Apr 13, 2020
note

A licence shall, unless forfeited, remain in operation until the 31st December of the year in which it was granted.
A licence or permit may be renewed by endorsement thereon at the discretion of the licensing authority who issued the original licence or permit, on payment of the prescribed fee, if any.
The Inspector-General of Police shall maintain in the prescribed form a register of firearms and licences to bear the same issued in each licensing area.
The Inspector-General of Police may issue permits for the withdrawal from an armoury of a firearm or the purchase or withdrawal from an armoury of ammunition.
A permit issued under the regulation shall be valid for a period of sixty days only from the date of issue.
Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by bryce1(m): 11:52pm On Apr 13, 2020

Required Documents

4 Passport sized photographs
Attested copy of address proof: Ration Card, Voter Identity Card, Passport, Electricity/ Water/Telephone Bill, Driving Licence, Property (House) Tax, Tax Return, National identification Card
Attested copy of date of birth: Police clearance Certificate, Birth certificate, Affidavit sworn before a Magistrate/Notary stating date and place of birth by illiterate or semi-illiterate applicants.
Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by bryce1(m): 11:54pm On Apr 13, 2020
Eligibility

Applicant must be Eighteen years (18) years or older.
Clean criminal record
Doctor's certificate that certifies physical and mental fitness

Fees
Shotgun $150.00
Rifle $1000.00

Validity
valid for for 60 days then after renewal it can be valid for 1- 2 years and a renewal is required.

source https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Nigeria_-_Obtain_a_Gun_license
Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by Gibsonworld05(m): 11:59pm On Apr 13, 2020
The right information at the right time.

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by espn(m): 12:20am On Apr 14, 2020
Thanks...how to reach where to process am self na problem...
Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by dawnomike(m): 12:21am On Apr 14, 2020
The issuance of firearms license was stopped January 2020...

3 Likes

Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by yomi007k(m): 2:12am On Apr 14, 2020
dawnomike:

Really?
Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by TheChameleon: 2:42am On Apr 14, 2020
I intended getting one to guard against the potential breakdown of law and order...

Got an axe and machete instead. cool

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by spiralwedge(m): 3:23am On Apr 14, 2020
This looks like information for the US.

Please what's the procedure for Nigeria? I need a shotgun asap
Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by ehinmowo: 3:50am On Apr 14, 2020
Nice article. But make it peculiar to Nigeria. Obtaining firearm in Nigeria is very daunting. The police will do everything to frustrate you.
Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by Blackpearlous(f): 4:27am On Apr 14, 2020
dawnomike:

I think its wise
Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by greatbuc(m): 8:02am On Apr 14, 2020
1.Build electric traps in your houses instead.. Or 2. connect gas chambers to your door step.. You have to use bricks and cement for full construction of your front porch.
3. Have an acid inlay pipe work connected to your door step, parlour and rooms.. Have a strong room in every house plan.. Install motion detectors at your gate, very loud alarm system to distort the coordination of the intruder. Do mock panic exercises and test run your installations from time to time.

3 Likes

Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by Hoodbilonia: 8:14am On Apr 14, 2020
150 dolls. 1k dolls
Odeh
Copy and paste foreign article
Fool

1 Like

Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by shagasha: 10:00am On Apr 14, 2020
There may be need for this now
Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by IceColdVeins(m): 12:32pm On Apr 14, 2020
Thanks I found this helpful
greatbuc:
1.Build electric traps in your houses instead.. Or 2. connect gas chambers to your door step.. You have to use bricks and cement for full construction of your front porch.
3. Have an acid inlay pipe work connected to your door step, parlour and rooms.. Have a strong room in every house plan.. Install motion detectors at your gate, very loud alarm system to distort the coordination of the intruder. Do mock panic exercises and test run your installations from time to time.
Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by Jakumo(m): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2020
dawnomike:

Not true at all. I recently renewed all my gun permits in Nigeria, for five years each, so my instruments are all duly licensed until 2025. No shaking.
Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by Lanretoye(m): 10:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
Tell this to Fulani herdsmen.
Re: How To Obtain A Firearm Permit/license From The Nigeria Police Force by Kaykay999(m): 6:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
Buy dog
Rottweiler or Doberman

(1) (Reply)

Wow Pictures! These Nigerians Arrested For Hijacking Building In South Africa / Crime: Armed Robber Got Shot Mistakingly By His Gang Member As They Were Robbing / Police Woman Joins Endsars Protest (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.