Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. (48214 Views)

4 Notorious Armed Robbers In Igando Terrorising Residents In Lagos (Photo) / Vigilante Arrest Armed Bandits Terrorising Orlu In Imo State(photos) / 12 Notorious Kidnappers Terrorising East-West Road Arrested In Rivers (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 14, 2020
Beremx:
Yes o! The vigilante group were on standby making noise and disturbing my sleep. So I was awake and joined them from my window ni. grin

Ahhhhh.. See scope oo. Chai sharp girl.... U kept watching via Window abi

Welldone.. Window vigilante gringringrin

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Beremx(f): 9:04am On Apr 14, 2020
Yes. Guy, don’t underestimate me!! Ahn wetin!! tongue
Xavi2019:

Did you go out with Cutlass too? grin
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by pacco6ixty9(m): 9:05am On Apr 14, 2020
Bros na igando I dey sef. no be lie, everyone was set to fight the one million boys last night. las las na lamba.
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Beremx(f): 9:05am On Apr 14, 2020
No pictures. Don’t worry I will snap this night and show you. Lol grin
sonofanarchy:
picture of you keeping watch or don't use the word again grin
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by bestower: 9:06am On Apr 14, 2020
All this stories you all are ranting here is a child's play to our area here @ijuAgege here....oh boy ...this is live and direct...if you are not strong physically or spiritually...oga abeg na park and go be your own oooo...

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Xavi2019: 9:06am On Apr 14, 2020
Beremx:
Yes. Guy, don’t underestimate me!! Ahn wetin!! tongue
Lol
I didn't o, I just asked for clarity.
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by clemzo101(m): 9:07am On Apr 14, 2020
MelesZenawi:
That's how they are paid to cover crime and write stupid articles.

Believe this trash at your own peril
God bless you. From the beginning of the post it was obvious he was lying.

Firstly he said him and his friends where in front of a shop gisting and joking, then they started discussing the issue of the attack. A lady came to the shop to buy something and joined the discussion and was spreading fake news.

Immediately, they started burning tyres and mobilized, right from the front of that shop, it immediately started trending on Twitter and Instagram.

All this happened while OP was still sitting there.

OP is a big liar

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Rittysylvia(m): 9:08am On Apr 14, 2020
pacco6ixty9:
Bros na igando I dey sef.
no be lie, everyone was set to fight the one million boys last night.
las las na lamba.

Even my friends at ijegun isheri were vigilant because they were robbing some part of agbaranje.. called some other people I know in agbaranje they said they were fine and the one million boys never reach their own side... So cus it didn't get to u doesn't mean it's fake..
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by SenorFax(m): 9:09am On Apr 14, 2020
People are turning into killer as days goes by.

This is getting out of hand.

Give this time, and dead bodies will be lying around just as predicted.
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by maya007: 9:11am On Apr 14, 2020
Are you saying plp should go n sleep with dere two eyes closed wen things are happening? Abg allow plp fight for there lives o in every atom of rumour deres a little truth.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Nobody: 9:13am On Apr 14, 2020
Shibaraba:
Them no come your area because they knew you guys were prepared. We dey face them fire for fire since last night. I won't upload jack shit. Just ten minutes ago we started seeing flyers that they are coming again this afternoon. 12pm. Make them come. My cutlass is still thirsty. Be speaking English there. When they eventually catch you unawares na that time you go dey mention buhari upandan. Them Don leave us. Police wey come carry the bodies of the lost spanners even tell us well done. Who you come be. Be speaking English ooooo
But why are you people doing this to yourselves?
I thought it was Igbos that don't love themselves?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Mrpojj(m): 9:13am On Apr 14, 2020
Makavelli25:
Forget o bro
Robbers droped a letter that they are coming to my street yesterday
We were all outside waiting for them,burning tyres and chanting war song and all
But this guys came
They came through an alternate road and robbed 9 houses under our own nose
Am still in schock

*****modified*****
I know there are some of this bad guys on nl
Dont worry o,your day of reckoning is near
They have intels
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Michoous: 9:14am On Apr 14, 2020
The robbers dey your street.
Makavelli25:
Forget o bro
Robbers droped a letter that they are coming to my street yesterday
We were all outside waiting for them,burning tyres and chanting war song and all
But this guys came
They came through an alternate road and robbed 9 houses under our own nose
Am still in schock

*****modified*****
I know there are some of this bad guys on nl
Dont worry o,your day of reckoning is near
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by badrudeen14: 9:16am On Apr 14, 2020
Enquires:
At about 7:50pm shortly after Buhari announced the extension of the lockdown, I and my neighbours gather around a shop in front of the house to discuss the way forward, wail, and give opinions about what the president just said.

During the course of our discussion, the issue of boys terrorising lagos came up and as expected, they were reactions from everyone. Some are of the opinion that this is not as a result of hunger but just an excuse for these hoodlums to perpetrate their evil act. Jokes were flying around (our usual practice of suffering and smiling), people giving out safety tips and all, talks on how to get a cutlass for protection etc.

In the middle of this talk, a young lady came in to buy foodstuffs from the shop and overheard our discussion. She then decided to make her own contribution of how she just survived an alleged attack by some of these boys, how she scrambled for safety some few hours ago, how many were killed including a pregnant woman( at this juncture, i know all what she said were all lies). She went on and on and i could sense that fear were being created among the listener. I was angry, furious and I began to tell as many people around me not to entertain fear but be calm. Meanwhile, just as I'm talking, one of the women in the discussion claim she saw boys moving in, and this is where it all begins.

Come and see how people were running helter-skelter, some of the people that were initially boasting how fearless they are, ran like children to take cover. Panics began to set in and just like a wild fire, i witness how it spread throughout the whole street. Shops that were open, close in a twinkle of an eye without seeing the enemy in sight. In the midst of this, I was still angry. Angry, because, it was clear to me this is just another false alarm. The next thing i know, the youths gather in their numbers with cutlasses, knives, sticks chanting as one going to battle. Tyres were burnt in every junction accompany with shouts. Different weapons were brought out from boys ranging from age 12. And the peaceful atmosphere in no time, turned to a violent one. I witness first hand how people can be mistaken for robbers and be burnt alive cause, every okada rider that came into the street was virtually mobbed, innocent residents were accosted, and if not provided useful evidence was asked to sit on the floor.

I switched on my data and the next message i got were from friends, telling me how Igando is on fire, How they have being coordinated attacks within igando, how robbers have invaded Igando and killed many. I was stunned upon seeing this. Logged on to twitter and it's already trending and I'm like, is it this same Igando or another one? Is it the fire we started by ourselves? or is it not the boys that came out with their weapons to attack an unseen army?

My point is, we should stop creating unnecessary fear among ourselves. Let's stop spreading fake news, it help no one. If i should upload the "deadly" pictures and videos i took, its as if we are in a war front, imagine i post it on twitter or facebook, People who are far away would think these are the criminals not knowing they are just residents trying to protect themselves. It later dawned on me that majority of the videos circulating online were that of the residents not the hoodlums. And for the arrest that were made, assuming the policemen visited this street, almost everyone would be arrested as they were all with one deadly weapon or the other. At around 3am, I was woken up with what sounded like gun shots but unknown to me it was the young boys that visibly got angry that were banging gates of every house shouting that everybody should come out, that nobody deserve sleep since they too are not sleeping.

I'm not saying these cultist don't exist or do not attack communities. What I'm saying is, we should stop the spread of fake news, let's report it the way it is.

I appreciate every one who came out yesterday to keep watch till this morning in a bid to try to protect their communities. You guys are the best! God keep us all!!

God blees you for dis, pls tell Dem oooo because I was watching film on my phone also around 11:20 pm last night while I saw some bois age range of 15, 17, 20. With cutlass passing through my window shouting as if they are going to war front, wit lots of tire to be burnt bt I was busying watching d movies on my phone till I slept off. Truly people create unnecessary fear and spread rumors

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by kings59: 9:16am On Apr 14, 2020
johnjohnson:

My brother thank you for this piece. The same thing happened in okeira, Ogba. One okada rider just drove inside the street and started shouting they are coming!!!. People just started running up and down without seeing thing, immediately almost all youths started coming out with cutlasses and it became an avenue for cultists to start their normal chanting. In the midnight there was virtually tyres burning in the front of every street. Please we should be careful on the type of news we share

What are you even saying

An okada man gave you residents an insight, and you are here saying trash. When the tyre was burning, the thieves might have seen the flames going up, which was a very bad idea for them, plus the chanting by the youths.

You should be happy that people were outside protecting you that was inside.

I wonder what would have happened if no one came out in masses. May be by now, you would have been accusing Buhari

Some people no just dey reason. Don't even talk this outside.

Remember they rape women, steal, loot shops. Can you stand looking at one of them raping someone in your compound?

Even if it was a rumour, it is better residents regimented in masses, than being indoor and be robbed.

I graduated at eastern university. I had faced 10 robbers with guns, cutlasses, and charm. All tenants came out and were breaking bottles, sharpening cutlasses, using threatening words on the robbers banging at our gate. Our girls hailed us the next morning and said we are real men.

16 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Nobody: 9:16am On Apr 14, 2020
clemzo101:
God bless you. From the beginning of the post it was obvious he was lying.

Firstly he said him and his friends where in front of a shop gisting and joking, then they started discussing the issue of the attack. A lady came to the shop to buy something and joined the discussion and was spreading fake news.

Immediately, they started burning tyres and mobilized, right from the front of that shop, it immediately started trending on Twitter and Instagram.

All this happened while OP was still sitting there.

OP is a big liar

Very bloody liar.

I dictated the lies immediatey.

They are paid to do this and deflect people's mind from the menance going on.

These kind of people are big threat to people's existence in the society.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Belurved1(m): 9:17am On Apr 14, 2020
They came my street at (isheri osun) yesterday around 11pm, though we've been warn by the Security to stay alert. We chased them away with cutlass and Kondo because most of this so called gang are teenagers. Thanks to everyone at Isheri osun even our Women as well for the supports. May God protect us as we continue this self defence journey till this Lock down is over. Amen

7 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by stubbornman(m): 9:17am On Apr 14, 2020
ChoCho54:
Your CV? Are you contractkiller?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.... No dear , just that i don't feel remorse for these hoodlums when they die

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by engrzico(m): 9:18am On Apr 14, 2020
If every house buys 5 liters of fuel and wait for this guy's I believe, that will be the end of this hoodlum attacks..

Just get a means of pressurizing the fuel and spray on them, if them light fire na them kill themselves.

grin
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Futurejoy(f): 9:18am On Apr 14, 2020
Enquires:
At about 7:50pm shortly after Buhari announced the extension of the lockdown, I and my neighbours gather around a shop in front of the house to discuss the way forward, wail, and give opinions about what the president just said.

During the course of our discussion, the issue of boys terrorising lagos came up and as expected, they were reactions from everyone. Some are of the opinion that this is not as a result of hunger but just an excuse for these hoodlums to perpetrate their evil act. Jokes were flying around (our usual practice of suffering and smiling), people giving out safety tips and all, talks on how to get a cutlass for protection etc.

In the middle of this talk, a young lady came in to buy foodstuffs from the shop and overheard our discussion. She then decided to make her own contribution of how she just survived an alleged attack by some of these boys, how she scrambled for safety some few hours ago, how many were killed including a pregnant woman( at this juncture, i know all what she said were all lies). She went on and on and i could sense that fear were being created among the listener. I was angry, furious and I began to tell as many people around me not to entertain fear but be calm. Meanwhile, just as I'm talking, one of the women in the discussion claim she saw boys moving in, and this is where it all begins.

Come and see how people were running helter-skelter, some of the people that were initially boasting how fearless they are, ran like children to take cover. Panics began to set in and just like a wild fire, i witness how it spread throughout the whole street. Shops that were open, close in a twinkle of an eye without seeing the enemy in sight. In the midst of this, I was still angry. Angry, because, it was clear to me this is just another false alarm. The next thing i know, the youths gather in their numbers with cutlasses, knives, sticks chanting as one going to battle. Tyres were burnt in every junction accompany with shouts. Different weapons were brought out from boys ranging from age 12. And the peaceful atmosphere in no time, turned to a violent one. I witness first hand how people can be mistaken for robbers and be burnt alive cause, every okada rider that came into the street was virtually mobbed, innocent residents were accosted, and if not provided useful evidence was asked to sit on the floor.

I switched on my data and the next message i got were from friends, telling me how Igando is on fire, How they have being coordinated attacks within igando, how robbers have invaded Igando and killed many. I was stunned upon seeing this. Logged on to twitter and it's already trending and I'm like, is it this same Igando or another one? Is it the fire we started by ourselves? or is it not the boys that came out with their weapons to attack an unseen army?

My point is, we should stop creating unnecessary fear among ourselves. Let's stop spreading fake news, it help no one. If i should upload the "deadly" pictures and videos i took, its as if we are in a war front, imagine i post it on twitter or facebook, People who are far away would think these are the criminals not knowing they are just residents trying to protect themselves. It later dawned on me that majority of the videos circulating online were that of the residents not the hoodlums. And for the arrest that were made, assuming the policemen visited this street, almost everyone would be arrested as they were all with one deadly weapon or the other. At around 3am, I was woken up with what sounded like gun shots but unknown to me it was the young boys that visibly got angry that were banging gates of every house shouting that everybody should come out, that nobody deserve sleep since they too are not sleeping.

I'm not saying these cultist don't exist or do not attack communities. What I'm saying is, we should stop the spread of fake news, let's report it the way it is.

I appreciate every one who came out yesterday to keep watch till this morning in a bid to try to protect their communities. You guys are the best! God keep us all!!
It’s no fake news, Igando is a very big area. I stayed in Igando few years ago and I can testify that through out the 1 month I spent there, there were cases of highway robbery and killings especially at that Egan side. Everyone should be conscious and protective of themselves,it is better to be armed than harmed.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by HazzanTazzan(m): 9:23am On Apr 14, 2020
EMMAUGOH:
We no sleep last night o.. We even had a semi street meeting around 2am as boys just dey waka street anyhow. The resolve was since we no dey go anywhere during the day make we kukuma sleep at noon.. everybody should stay awake at night. Dem dey come In hundreds, people we dey outside reach 200 u
Yesterday .. we need more population to contain them.

"The come in hundreds" ... This is just a prpof that the people you see coming in hundred are still youths gathering themselves to fight an unseen enemy...

You residents who didnt know where they gathered frrom also see them as the enemy cos they are armed and chanting...

Your concerns are quite understandable but i think i might just believe what the OP said and also what the police said that the news are fake.

What kind of hoodlums storm an area in hundreds pack to rob ? Those boys are simply the youths from other parts of your area standing in solidarity to fight an unseen enemy created by the same false news flying around...

#MYOPINION

6 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Finemanas(m): 9:24am On Apr 14, 2020
What the hell is going on in Lagos?
A friend of my cried out last week that she was robbed at home.
What a terrible experience
I pray God will help us

Very week security measures from the government.
1. 1 to ratio 200
2. Corrupt police officers
The governor have to do something

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by brighttech95(m): 9:24am On Apr 14, 2020
Collinsade369:
Let us be careful when we say a news is FAKE NEWS..!
Do you know how big igondo is

Because they didn't get to your street, that one no mean say them no reach other streets for igondo.

You all better get prepared...!
Don't wait for them to get to your street before you buy cutlass..!

Below is a screenshot of the chat I had with my friend staying at igondo this morning..!

OP the fact they didn't get to your neighborhood doesn't mean it was false news... You should ask from those who reside around omoboriowo in igando road ikotun

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by babyfaceafrica: 9:24am On Apr 14, 2020
HazzanTazzan:

"The come in hundreds" ... This is just a prpof that the people you see coming in hundred are still youths gathering themselves to fight an unseen enemy...

You residents who didnt know where they gathered frrom also see them as the enemy cos they are armed and chanting...

Your concerns are quite understandable but i think i might just believe what the OP said and also what the police said that the news are fake.

What kind of hoodlums storm an area in hundreds pack to rob ? Those boys are simply the youths from other parts of your area standing in solidarity to fight an unseen enemy created by the same false news flying around...

#MYOPINION

Nansense opinion.. Don't worry they would soon comeYour side..be saying na lie, na lie upandawn

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by HazzanTazzan(m): 9:27am On Apr 14, 2020
Belurved1:
They came my street at (isheri osun) yesterday around 11pm, though we've been warn by the Security to stay alert. We chased them away with cutlass and Kondo because most of this so called gang are teenagers. Thanks to everyone at Isheri osun even our Women as well for the supports. May God protect us as we continue this self defence journey till this Lock down is over. Amen

They came to your street in their numbers to do what exactly?

How did you chase them if they were really robbers thay came to attack you?

How many of you were bold enuf to face them in their hundreds and with what weapons, that they feared you and ran away?

I still insist that these boys are ganging up and moving around too hoping to fight the attackers they were told abt ...

You can prove me wrong if they actually said or did something that proved they wanted to rob or attack houses
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Jibsy203(m): 9:27am On Apr 14, 2020
Aystarz:

This one needs education far more than all bigotry can do for him.
Shut up, ur ppl are lazy and thiefs
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by gowonmaharajah(m): 9:27am On Apr 14, 2020
Beremx:
They threatened to come to my area. We kept vigil waiting for them with sharp cutlass and clubs

Awon werey!!
Lol,
you too,miss?

shey you fit fight if dem come?
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by HazzanTazzan(m): 9:27am On Apr 14, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

Nansense opinion.. Don't worry they would soon comeYour side..be saying na lie, na lie upandawn

Senseless response... My opinion is based on critical analysis of facts...

Whats your based upon? What you heard on twitter
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by babyfaceafrica: 9:29am On Apr 14, 2020
HazzanTazzan:

Senseless response... My opinion is based on critical analysis of facts...
Whats your based upon? What you heard on twitter
They will come to your area soon.. No worry.. I won't say more

1 Like

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Ishilove: 9:30am On Apr 14, 2020
Shibaraba:
Them no come your area because they knew you guys were prepared. We dey face them fire for fire since last night. I won't upload jack shit. Just ten minutes ago we started seeing flyers that they are coming again this afternoon. 12pm. Make them come. My cutlass is still thirsty. Be speaking English there. When they eventually catch you unawares na that time you go dey mention buhari upandan. Them Don leave us. Police wey come carry the bodies of the lost spanners even tell us well done. Who you come be. Be speaking English ooooo
Your story no dey ever finish
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by koffsman(m): 9:31am On Apr 14, 2020
We just need to be careful because mistaken identity can lead to death, people love to spread fake news and send panic to the whole community in the process the miscreants will use the medium to steal and destroy properties let's be careful of the news we spread,let's try to confirm before we tell others so as to save lives and properties

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unachukwu Chiluba Paulinus Sentenced To Death In Vietnam For Drug Trafficking / Angry Mob Lynch Five Suspected Robbers In Cross River (Graphic) / Man Drugs A Policeman Who Tried To Extort N150k From Him (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.