Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,699 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. (48219 Views)

4 Notorious Armed Robbers In Igando Terrorising Residents In Lagos (Photo) / Vigilante Arrest Armed Bandits Terrorising Orlu In Imo State(photos) / 12 Notorious Kidnappers Terrorising East-West Road Arrested In Rivers (photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Carfreak966: 11:05am On Apr 14, 2020
Belurved1:
They came my street at (isheri osun) yesterday around 11pm, though we've been warn by the Security to stay alert. We chased them away with cutlass and Kondo because most of this so called gang are teenagers. Thanks to everyone at Isheri osun even our Women as well for the supports. May God protect us as we continue this self defence journey till this Lock down is over. Amen

Which side for isheri Osun?
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by crownmeohGod: 11:11am On Apr 14, 2020
Enquires:
At about 7:50pm shortly after Buhari announced the extension of the lockdown, I and my neighbours gather around a shop in front of the house to discuss the way forward, wail, and give opinions about what the president just said.

During the course of our discussion, the issue of boys terrorising lagos came up and as expected, they were reactions from everyone. Some are of the opinion that this is not as a result of hunger but just an excuse for these hoodlums to perpetrate their evil act. Jokes were flying around (our usual practice of suffering and smiling), people giving out safety tips and all, talks on how to get a cutlass for protection etc.

In the middle of this talk, a young lady came in to buy foodstuffs from the shop and overheard our discussion. She then decided to make her own contribution of how she just survived an alleged attack by some of these boys, how she scrambled for safety some few hours ago, how many were killed including a pregnant woman( at this juncture, i know all what she said were all lies). She went on and on and i could sense that fear were being created among the listener. I was angry, furious and I began to tell as many people around me not to entertain fear but be calm. Meanwhile, just as I'm talking, one of the women in the discussion claim she saw boys moving in, and this is where it all begins.

Come and see how people were running helter-skelter, some of the people that were initially boasting how fearless they are, ran like children to take cover. Panics began to set in and just like a wild fire, i witness how it spread throughout the whole street. Shops that were open, close in a twinkle of an eye without seeing the enemy in sight. In the midst of this, I was still angry. Angry, because, it was clear to me this is just another false alarm. The next thing i know, the youths gather in their numbers with cutlasses, knives, sticks chanting as one going to battle. Tyres were burnt in every junction accompany with shouts. Different weapons were brought out from boys ranging from age 12. And the peaceful atmosphere in no time, turned to a violent one. I witness first hand how people can be mistaken for robbers and be burnt alive cause, every okada rider that came into the street was virtually mobbed, innocent residents were accosted, and if not provided useful evidence was asked to sit on the floor.

I switched on my data and the next message i got were from friends, telling me how Igando is on fire, How they have being coordinated attacks within igando, how robbers have invaded Igando and killed many. I was stunned upon seeing this. Logged on to twitter and it's already trending and I'm like, is it this same Igando or another one? Is it the fire we started by ourselves? or is it not the boys that came out with their weapons to attack an unseen army?

My point is, we should stop creating unnecessary fear among ourselves. Let's stop spreading fake news, it help no one. If i should upload the "deadly" pictures and videos i took, its as if we are in a war front, imagine i post it on twitter or facebook, People who are far away would think these are the criminals not knowing they are just residents trying to protect themselves. It later dawned on me that majority of the videos circulating online were that of the residents not the hoodlums. And for the arrest that were made, assuming the policemen visited this street, almost everyone would be arrested as they were all with one deadly weapon or the other. At around 3am, I was woken up with what sounded like gun shots but unknown to me it was the young boys that visibly got angry that were banging gates of every house shouting that everybody should come out, that nobody deserve sleep since they too are not sleeping.

I'm not saying these cultist don't exist or do not attack communities. What I'm saying is, we should stop the spread of fake news, let's report it the way it is.

I appreciate every one who came out yesterday to keep watch till this morning in a bid to try to protect their communities. You guys are the best! God keep us all!!
Guy thank God for your area,They were around my area yesterday and it was serious..U are here typing all this because u didnt see them..Stay guided them no dey tell anybody o..see if those guys in your community didnt burn dose tyre to create awareness that you guys were prepared for them..dey would have attack u guys..thank God for ur head..u dey form james bond..u no know say na God dey your back..

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Belurved1(m): 11:15am On Apr 14, 2020
I'm sorry for security reason, I can't disclose my street name online now but incase you resides around Isheri my street is not far from NNPC petrol station. (
Carfreak966:

Which side for isheri Osun?
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Carfreak966: 11:16am On Apr 14, 2020
Belurved1:
I'm sorry name online now but incase you resides aroundon. (

It’s alright. I edited your statement. You can modify yours. Heard they came to white sand and Fagbile. I also stay around that Nnpc

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Olayetan(m): 11:24am On Apr 14, 2020
Collinsade369:
Let us be careful when we say a news is FAKE NEWS..!
Do you know how big igondo is

Because they didn't get to your street, that one no mean say them no reach other streets for igondo.

You all better get prepared...!
Don't wait for them to get to your street before you buy cutlass..!

Below is a screenshot of the chat I had with my friend staying at igondo this morning..!

Mesef just dey wander, he could have mentioned his street in igando to confirm from the residents, i know every parts in igando from obadore down to egan igando...

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by SciLab: 11:32am On Apr 14, 2020
EMMAUGOH:
We no sleep last night o.. We even had a semi street meeting around 2am as boys just dey waka street anyhow. The resolve was since we no dey go anywhere during the day make we kukuma sleep at noon.. everybody should stay awake at night. Dem dey come In hundreds, people we dey outside reach 200 u
Yesterday .. we need more population to contain them.

Na which area be that?
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by SciLab: 11:36am On Apr 14, 2020
Someone7:
Russians need to come to Nigeria for their PhD in fake news. Nigerians LOVE fake news. That feeling that your lies are quickly spreading whether by forwarding WhatsApp or by Facebook or Twitter likes and shares - this give us the ultimate rush and sense of accomplishment.

It depends on the kind of friends on your whatsapp list, no friend is daft enough to forward spam jargons to my phone, he knows the reaction he or she will get.

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Kdon2: 11:51am On Apr 14, 2020
Enquires:
At about 7:50pm shortly after Buhari announced the extension of the lockdown, I and my neighbours gather around a shop in front of the house to discuss the way forward, wail, and give opinions about what the president just said.

During the course of our discussion, the issue of boys terrorising lagos came up and as expected, they were reactions from everyone. Some are of the opinion that this is not as a result of hunger but just an excuse for these hoodlums to perpetrate their evil act. Jokes were flying around (our usual practice of suffering and smiling), people giving out safety tips and all, talks on how to get a cutlass for protection etc.

In the middle of this talk, a young lady came in to buy foodstuffs from the shop and overheard our discussion. She then decided to make her own contribution of how she just survived an alleged attack by some of these boys, how she scrambled for safety some few hours ago, how many were killed including a pregnant woman( at this juncture, i know all what she said were all lies). She went on and on and i could sense that fear were being created among the listener. I was angry, furious and I began to tell as many people around me not to entertain fear but be calm. Meanwhile, just as I'm talking, one of the women in the discussion claim she saw boys moving in, and this is where it all begins.

Come and see how people were running helter-skelter, some of the people that were initially boasting how fearless they are, ran like children to take cover. Panics began to set in and just like a wild fire, i witness how it spread throughout the whole street. Shops that were open, close in a twinkle of an eye without seeing the enemy in sight. In the midst of this, I was still angry. Angry, because, it was clear to me this is just another false alarm. The next thing i know, the youths gather in their numbers with cutlasses, knives, sticks chanting as one going to battle. Tyres were burnt in every junction accompany with shouts. Different weapons were brought out from boys ranging from age 12. And the peaceful atmosphere in no time, turned to a violent one. I witness first hand how people can be mistaken for robbers and be burnt alive cause, every okada rider that came into the street was virtually mobbed, innocent residents were accosted, and if not provided useful evidence was asked to sit on the floor.

I switched on my data and the next message i got were from friends, telling me how Igando is on fire, How they have being coordinated attacks within igando, how robbers have invaded Igando and killed many. I was stunned upon seeing this. Logged on to twitter and it's already trending and I'm like, is it this same Igando or another one? Is it the fire we started by ourselves? or is it not the boys that came out with their weapons to attack an unseen army?

My point is, we should stop creating unnecessary fear among ourselves. Let's stop spreading fake news, it help no one. If i should upload the "deadly" pictures and videos i took, its as if we are in a war front, imagine i post it on twitter or facebook, People who are far away would think these are the criminals not knowing they are just residents trying to protect themselves. It later dawned on me that majority of the videos circulating online were that of the residents not the hoodlums. And for the arrest that were made, assuming the policemen visited this street, almost everyone would be arrested as they were all with one deadly weapon or the other. At around 3am, I was woken up with what sounded like gun shots but unknown to me it was the young boys that visibly got angry that were banging gates of every house shouting that everybody should come out, that nobody deserve sleep since they too are not sleeping.

I'm not saying these cultist don't exist or do not attack communities. What I'm saying is, we should stop the spread of fake news, let's report it the way it is.

I appreciate every one who came out yesterday to keep watch till this morning in a bid to try to protect their communities. You guys are the best! God keep us all!!

You said you were angry! What did you do this stop it. Yet you went on Watsapp,twitter probably face book and you never douse the tension you help created.

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by weareok(m): 11:53am On Apr 14, 2020
I know this is not right but things have been really hard lately..I really need financial assistance
Zenith Bank
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 14, 2020
SciLab:

Na which area be that?
okokomaico
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:12pm On Apr 14, 2020
the Op was daft to come on here to spew rubbish that there were no known case of robbers. I think he shd be watched and taking serious kos he is like a spy. that want people relaxed and caught unaware he didn't understand that out of every lies or rumors are truth and these same set of guys have been existing around Ijegun, Governor road, igando ikotun, egbe etc..they didn't come for you today doesn't mean they may not come any other time if you loose guard
one million boys are real, dangerous and can kill people for any material gains

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by cray91(m): 12:27pm On Apr 14, 2020
Very Nice Write Ups and word Composition

You Right!
Enquires:

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Perfecttouch(m): 1:19pm On Apr 14, 2020
Beremx:
They threatened to come to my area. We kept vigil waiting for them with sharp cutlass and clubs

Awon werey!!
see beremx o, no be under bed u dey for dey report so?
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by foleskay(m): 1:21pm On Apr 14, 2020
Jibsy203:
Hunger won finish afonja animals, de are all de street pick pocketing and stealing everyday just for only 14+days now, if u advise them to work and make savings, de will tell u dat d are born to be lazy and dat d are waiting for there parents to die so dat d will inherit his propertys
Eleriibu. Go back to your erosion ravaged mud land. Leave them alone, they're in their father land. Your blodas are also in up iweka raping and robbing your fellow folks. Alayerirrun

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by johnjohnson(m): 1:36pm On Apr 14, 2020
kings59:

What are you even saying

An okada man gave you residents an insight, and you are here saying trash. When the tyre was burning, the thieves might have seen the flames going up, which was a very bad idea for them, plus the chanting by the youths.

You should be happy that people were outside protecting you that was inside.

I wonder what would have happened if no one came out in masses. May be by now, you would have been accusing Buhari

Some people no just dey reason. Don't even talk this outside.

Remember they rape women, steal, loot shops. Can you stand looking at one of them raping someone in your compound?

Even if it was a rumour, it is better residents regimented in masses, than being indoor and be robbed.

I graduated at eastern university. I had faced 10 robbers with guns, cutlasses, and charm. All tenants came out and were breaking bottles, sharpening cutlasses, using threatening words on the robbers banging at our gate. Our girls hailed us the next morning and said we are real men.

I'm surprised you said you're a graduate. It's people like you that cause unnecessary distraction, the bike man raised a false alarm out of fear, the robbers were no where in sight in the area. It even gave chance to more evil vices. Look I'm not saying they are robbing people in some parts of lagos but don't let the issue of fake/false alarm cause more dangers.
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by AndreSAVAGE: 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
Choiii e go beta

Actually prevention is better than cure, actually some rumours people think is non-sense make sense. Just use your head and stay safe

Da naija pikin say so
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
At the Op: Enquires

You just got my respect, and its rare I say this to people.

There is so much falsehood going around and you just can't tell which is true or not.

I have observed Nigerians pay no heed to good news but rather marvel and get ecstatic at bad news. Nice write up by the way cool
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by ericmor: 3:20pm On Apr 14, 2020
stubbornman:
I couldn't sleep last night because these Useless hoodlums came to my street..... Nah everyday I go dey sharpen this machete wey I buy until the breeze fit cut person from afar..

Killing a few bastard this period cant be very bad after all... If you see how small some of these boys are ehnn angry if I catch one nah to troway am for the swamp wey dey my backyard angry

We can't continue to live in fear.... Brothers protect yourself, don't always sleep deep and strike any moving shadow across your window.

Above all may God protect us!!!

As u are thinking of attacking, remember ur defense too just in case and God will help u all over there. I remembered doing the same some yrs back when I was younger cus the thieves visit the street like their everyday job
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Legendguru: 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2020
oh
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by clemzo101(m): 4:00pm On Apr 14, 2020
Even Babajide of journalist hangout TVC confirmed there were attacks. I repeat the OP is a big liar

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by proxillin(m): 4:30pm On Apr 14, 2020
clemzo101:
Even Babajide of journalist hangout TVC confirmed there were attacks. I repeat the OP is a big liar

the op and his follower know what they are doing. Stop arguing with them....

Nigeria police made arrests and was shown on TVs, are they also lying?

We all have our motives for posting online. He has his motive.

Dont trust anyone
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by fredopareto(m): 5:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
Shibaraba:
Them no come your area because they knew you guys were prepared. We dey face them fire for fire since last night. I won't upload jack shit. Just ten minutes ago we started seeing flyers that they are coming again this afternoon. 12pm. Make them come. My cutlass is still thirsty. Be speaking English there. When they eventually catch you unawares na that time you go dey mention buhari upandan. Them Don leave us. Police wey come carry the bodies of the lost spanners even tell us well done. Who you come be. Be speaking English ooooo
dis one brain is completely locked down..so thieve wey send flyer.. Dose thieve no dey do child player..cutlass face gun who u b...guy eye don see
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by Jamesbiodun(m): 5:35pm On Apr 14, 2020
when you stay in your room and those hoodlums invade your house, you are dead, if you come to Agbado you will know say no be play play ooo, once the lift this stay at home some people will be more cutlass coz, it's kill or be killed ooo

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by DavidEsq(m): 9:08pm On Apr 14, 2020
stubbornman:
I couldn't sleep last night because these Useless hoodlums came to my street..... Nah everyday I go dey sharpen this machete wey I buy until the breeze fit cut person from afar..

Killing a few bastard this period cant be very bad after all... If you see how small some of these boys are ehnn angry if I catch one nah to troway am for the swamp wey dey my backyard angry

We can't continue to live in fear.... Brothers protect yourself, don't always sleep deep and strike any moving shadow across your window.

Above all may God protect us!!!
U are a fuuuuuuu grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by HermesParis: 9:19pm On Apr 14, 2020
gabbasin:
all this things about hoodlums, armed robbers, awawa boys, one million boys attacks in Lagos and Ogunn are fake news causing panic and confusion. People for their own fancy are creating robbery scene in their mind and downloading it to others. Most if not all the robbery news on social media are fake just to fuel unnecessary panic. On the early hours of Saturday 11th April at exactly 12:38 pm, a friend of mine living in the same area with me n one of the border towns between Ogun and Lagos sent me an SMS that armed robbers are on his street. On receiving the sms, I couldn't sleep again thinking my street could be next target of the marauders.Not quite long I heard shoutings on my street calling everybody to come out for vigilante that armed robbers are in the neighborhood. On coming out I starting telling everyone that the robbers are at my friend's area and that he had sent me a distressed sms, no one could say where the robbers are but we started making bonfires as fear and panic spread through the community. As day break I put a call thru to the friend in distress but what he told me was surprising, saying he only heard noise on his street and without him taking his time to find out what's going on, he concluded armed robbers are on his street and send me the text not knowing it is residents calling out others to come out for vigilante to ward off imaginary hoodlums. And me too relied on his sms to spread the news in my hood that the robbers are in my friend's area making me too unknowingly spreading fake news triggering false alarms.

God bless you for owning to your mistake. It's rare for many of us to admit to our flaws. Instead we look for one thousands ways to justify our deeds. Respect bro.

Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by clemzo101(m): 2:44am On Apr 15, 2020
proxillin:

the op and his follower know what they are doing. Stop arguing with them....

Nigeria police made arrests and was shown on TVs, are they also lying?

We all have our motives for posting online. He has his motive.

Dont trust anyone
exactly
Re: My Experience With The Hoodlums Terrorising Igando. by henrixx(m): 12:21pm On Apr 16, 2020
HazzanTazzan:

"The come in hundreds" ... This is just a prpof that the people you see coming in hundred are still youths gathering themselves to fight an unseen enemy...

You residents who didnt know where they gathered frrom also see them as the enemy cos they are armed and chanting...

Your concerns are quite understandable but i think i might just believe what the OP said and also what the police said that the news are fake.

What kind of hoodlums storm an area in hundreds pack to rob ? Those boys are simply the youths from other parts of your area standing in solidarity to fight an unseen enemy created by the same false news flying around...

#MYOPINION
my opinion too.

Missing 7-year-old Boy Found Dead With Throat Slit In Jos (Graphic Photos) / Final Year UNIBEN Law Student Hangs Self / Unachukwu Chiluba Paulinus Sentenced To Death In Vietnam For Drug Trafficking

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93