Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,476 members, 7,819,736 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church (1127 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / 5 Old Beliefs Of Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Which He Latter Abandoned / Apostle Suleman's Face As Stephanie Otobo Confesses In His Church (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by OtemAtum: 7:28am On Apr 14, 2020
They warned them, they will never listen. They just want to continue scamming the gullibles by all means. They feel that they are untouchable. They gather crowd in their churches despite the announcement that religious gathering should be suspended to stem the spread of the pandemic. Now they become scape goat and also aid in the spread of the virus.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11358626_geraldglennvirus01_jpeg4e26096fa379ea724937c22af477c74c

Full news:

An evangelical pastor died of COVID-19 just weeks after proudly showing off how packed his Virginia church was — and vowing to keep preaching “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

In his last known in-person service on March 22, Bishop Gerald O. Glenn got his congregation at Richmond’s New Deliverance Evangelistic Church to stand to prove how many were there despite warnings against gatherings of more than 10 people.

“I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus. You can quote me on that,” he said, repeating it a second time to claps, saying that “people are healed” in his church.
Happily announcing he was being “controversial” by being “in violation” of safety protocols — with “way more than 10 people” at the church — he vowed to keep his church open “unless I’m in jail or the hospital.”

“I am essential,” he said of remaining open, adding, “I’m a preacher — I talk to God!”

On Sunday, his church announced “with an exceedingly sorrowful and heavy heart” that the pastor had died a week after being diagnosed with COVID-19.

His wife, Marcietia Glenn, is also sick with the bug, with church members offering their prayers.

Their daughter, Mar-Gerie Crawley, told WTVR that her father initially dismissed his symptoms because he has a condition that often leads to fevers and infections.

She is now urging everyone to stay home.

“It becomes very real to you,” she told WTVR after her parents’ diagnoses.

“I just beg people to understand the severity and the seriousness of this, because people are saying it’s not just about us, it’s about everyone around us.”

https://nypost.com/2020/04/13/virginia-pastor-who-held-packed-church-service-dies-of-coronavirus/
Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by ignis: 7:29am On Apr 14, 2020
RIP bro...
Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by OtemAtum: 7:47am On Apr 14, 2020
ignis:
RIP bro...
simple obedience could have saved his life.
Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by StrikeBack(m): 7:51am On Apr 14, 2020
RIP
Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by geoworldedu: 8:15am On Apr 14, 2020
The Christian God himself could have been infected with this COVID-19. He's observing self-isolation in the sky grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by OtemAtum: 8:19am On Apr 14, 2020
geoworldedu:
The Christian God himself could have been infected with this COVID-19. He's observing self-isolation in the sky grin
Jehovah has been encaged for more than 3 years now. That's already a pre-covid19 isolation.
Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by jesmond3945: 8:49am On Apr 14, 2020
geoworldedu:
as usual insulting God for no reason.
Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by OtemAtum: 9:34am On Apr 14, 2020
jesmond3945:
as usual insulting God for no reason.
I think he's insulting Jehovah, one of the gods, and not God Almighty which created Jehovah. Check well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by CAPSLOCKED: 9:57am On Apr 14, 2020
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU WHEN YOU ACTUALLY HAVE FAITH IN YOUR GOD.

HE BETRAYS YOU.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by OtemAtum: 10:09am On Apr 14, 2020
He was ignorant of the fact that Jehovah is incompetent, incapacitated and impotent and cannot help himself let alone human beings.
Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by MJBOLT: 10:14am On Apr 14, 2020
rumour has it that the pastor was refused entry into heaven because god doesnt want him to bring corona virus into heaven.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by OtemAtum: 10:17am On Apr 14, 2020
MJBOLT:
rumour has it that the pastor was refused entry into heaven because god doesnt want him to bring corona virus into heaven.
Heavenly quarantine comes to mind grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by spongeisback: 11:06am On Apr 14, 2020
At least he's better than pastor hair gel, instead of standing behind the screen and spouting nonsense why don't he open his church? I guess the church is no longer a place of healing but infection.

3 Likes

Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by OtemAtum: 11:52pm On Apr 15, 2020
spongeisback:
At least he's better than pastor hair gel, instead of standing behind the screen and spouting nonsense why don't he open his church? I guess the church is no longer a place of healing but infection.

grin
Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by OKEMKPI: 2:34pm On Apr 26, 2020
Atheism is a mental case.
It is a compulsory course to pass before full admission into a full madness class.
I am yet to see an atheist that has successfully convince his/her relatives to change to atheism but they will prefer to come online talking poo

Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by geoworldedu: 12:16pm On May 02, 2020
OKEMKPI:
Atheism is a mental case.
It is a compulsory course to pass before full admission into a full madness class.
I am yet to see an atheist that has successfully convince his/her relatives to change to atheism but they will prefer to come online talking poo
You're everywhere posting rubbish

1 Like

Re: Picture Of Pastor Who Died Of COVID-19 After Gathering Crowd In His Church by johnw47: 9:04am On May 06, 2020
geoworldedu:
You're everywhere posting rubbish
geopoofo, fancy you who talks about homo sex all over the place, saying someone else is posting rubbish everywhere
you sure are queer

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Dies After Placing Hand On Coronavirus Patients / Thread For Believers In The Finished Work Of Christ / Pastor Bakare In N9billion Wema Bank Loan Mess

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.