Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,121 members, 7,811,155 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines (13175 Views)

Dr. Mamora Open-up No Russian Virus Vaccine In Nigeria / Coronavirus: Mamora Says Each Test Costs The Government ₦10,000 / Start Offering B.sc Courses For Herbal Medicine, Mamora Urges Varsities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Oblitz(m): 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
hmmm!

click here to Send me a message through WhatsApp and i will give you tutorials on how to Upload your songs to Itunes, Amazon music, Spotify and all other online digital stores for free and sell your songs. you keep 100 percent of your sales.
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by OgbanjeProphet: 1:46pm On Apr 14, 2020
I am sure that;

1) it's not everybody who tested positive was positive,

2) it's not everybody who tested negative was negative.

Do they even repeat the test for confirmation

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Adakintroy2: 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2020
Fasting was to prepare us for hard times. But those who new better said it was for "break throughs" whatever that means.

If we had reached mastering in fasting as Christians, this times would not be so difficult to pull through. For one, we would have seen it coming. Watch and pray)

Our ration would naturally be reduce. Eating ones a day for months would have been a natural pull off by now. So there would still be leftovers to share with those in need.

The church got it absolutely wrong with many teachings. Now Christians are in panic like many unbelievers even in season when they should be the ones uplifting others.

When men are saying there is a casting down you should be saying there is a lifting. But not out of imagination but out of natural truth.
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by OXYZ: 1:47pm On Apr 14, 2020
You have capacity to do one thousand five hundred test in a day but you are not doing it, is that talk.
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by cactus1549: 1:48pm On Apr 14, 2020
Lies upon lies. Just tell us that u don't have the capacity or kits to do rapid testing rather than lie that PCR testing is better than rapid testing. Politicians just like deceiving themselves thinking they are deceiving the masses

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Asadujames202(m): 1:49pm On Apr 14, 2020
Hi guys

In Nigerians voters card.how do I identify the voter's card number.

Thanks
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by sapientia(m): 1:51pm On Apr 14, 2020
Have been hearing 1000 and 1500 per day.

Yet we conducted 6000 plus tests.

How come?

When will they start adding the 1000 and 1500 tests
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by blowjohn(m): 1:55pm On Apr 14, 2020
Yen yen yen yen yen yen yen
We are ready
We will handle it
All hands are on deck
We have the capacity
Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
U see this minister of health?

I have directed
I have instructed
I have rewritten to
U see our president?

Now they are churning out excuses

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2020
cactus1549:
Lies upon lies. Just tell us that u don't have the capacity or kits to do rapid testing rather than lie that PCR testing is better than rapid testing. Politicians just like deceiving themselves thinking they are deceiving the masses

PCR is much better than rapid tests.

PCR actually works by testing for the DNA/genetic material of the virus. It does that by locating then 'amplifying' the genetic material. That takes time...some days...hence the Minister saying that 'It takes days'

Rapid test kits test for the antibodies to the virus. The problem is that it is not very accurate. It works by detecting the body's immune reaction to the virus, which might be the same for other harmless viruses...leading to some (not all the time) inaccurate results in a minority of cases. PCR is more definitive...since it tests directly for the virus itself.(That's why WHO is very reluctant to approve of rapid test kits).
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by blowjohn(m): 1:58pm On Apr 14, 2020
This country has the most complex humans in the world.
Only one human being in Nigeria is the following:
Politician, devil worshipper, thief,liar,pretender,wickedness personified,church goer,youth adviser,philanthropist, retard, stupid,ignorant,kleptomanic.
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by cactus1549: 2:05pm On Apr 14, 2020
kikero:

PCR is much better than rapid tests.

PCR actually works by testing for the DNA/genetic material of the virus. It does that by locating then 'amplifying' the genetic material. That takes time...some days...hence the Minister saying that 'It takes days'

Rapid test kits test for the antibodies to the virus. The problem is that it is not very accurate. It works by detecting the body's immune reaction to the virus, which might be the same for other harmless viruses...leading to some (not all the time) inaccurate results in a minority of cases. PCR is more definitive...since it tests directly for the virus itself.(That's why WHO is very reluctant to approve of rapid test kits).

USA , UK, China and Germany are using rapid test because it takes 5 - 15 minutes, which is the best for this kind of situation because this virus is highly contagious and transfer from person to person faster. Hence the reason u need a faster test to know the population of people that are infected and to isolate them. If u are using slower test like PCR that takes days or hours for results to come out, u won't be able to cover and u will be far behind.
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Lawrencestix(m): 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2020
GOFRONT:
We are ready, we are are ready.....yen yen yen.......Now the day has come.

Shame on our FG, Shame on you, shame on Me.....Shame on all of us!!!

Make nobody quote me abeg una.j.....I'm on double drip in a Male ward.
lol
Amen
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by AsawanaDgreat: 2:12pm On Apr 14, 2020
Una Weldon oo
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by RoseyJ: 2:26pm On Apr 14, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Mynd44: 2:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
cactus1549:

USA , UK, China and Germany are using rapid test because it takes 5 - 15 minutes, which is the best for this kind of situation because this virus is highly contagious and transfer from person to person faster. Hence the reason u need a faster test to know the population of people that are infected and to isolate them. If u are using slower test like PCR that takes days or hours for results to come out, u won't be able to cover and u will be far behind.
The problem with rapid test kits is false negatives and false positives.

False negatives are a huge issue as when you test someone and the test turn out negative while the person is really positive, the person is allowed into society and that person can inflict others.

False positive is also problematic but on a reduced scale as you then have to quarantine the person with other positive people and that person becomes infected for real

cc kikero

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by sleekdre: 2:58pm On Apr 14, 2020
I watched the show.. The man does know his left from his right. He never answered one single question directly through the show. Where Buhari got this his cabinet keeps amazing me!
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by AmeLonRo(m): 3:03pm On Apr 14, 2020
Since the machines can do many tests, get many medical lab scientists to make the preparations. This way it will be faster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQeVUU6x63M
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by brainhgeek(m): 3:37pm On Apr 14, 2020
To set up a mini molecular biology lab is not yam. The lowest ranking Sanger sequencer goes for $20,000 amidst other things you need but a working government would have at least, a state of the heart molecular biology lab in every state. Shame on the minister of science and technology.
I was at SHETSCO Abuja which is meant to be the brainbox centre for science and technology of Nigeria. Our own silicon valley but the center has been reduced to nothing but a sham and a scam. Shame on whoever ruled this nation from 1960 till date
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Dollabiz: 3:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
hmm
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Jaqenhghar: 3:57pm On Apr 14, 2020
Excuses, the Niggerian way.
The country is so fúcked up, that whenever there is a problem it's easier to make excuses than take proactive steps to resolve it
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Redeem9976: 4:07pm On Apr 14, 2020
see below
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by gerizzim: 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
GOFRONT:
We are ready, we are are ready.....yen yen yen.......Now the day has come.

Shame on our FG, Shame on you, shame on Me.....Shame on all of us!!!

Make nobody quote me abeg una......I'm on double drip in a Male ward.

U wan kill me wit laf
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Antichristus: 8:06pm On Apr 14, 2020
This Ijebu man is truly clueless. Only a few weeks ago, he disgustingly maintained Nigeria remained open to the world for business whilst the rest of the world quickly shut out infected people. Nigerians deserve their leaders.
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Walelavender(m): 8:27pm On Apr 14, 2020
I saw the interview this morning and Sen. Mamora came unprepared with respect to giving out data. Kayode Okikiolu,one of the Sunrise Presenters, asked him twice what the number of people tested was. He couldn't give out an informed reply.

With the molecular labs in place, they should do more than what is obtainable now.

Thumbs up to the health officials on the frontline.

We'll overcome.
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by Toluensdollars(m): 11:53pm On Apr 14, 2020
I can't feed myself since yesterday and the lockdown has just been extended here in Osun state. Kindly help and assist me with anything, may d good lord replenish ur pocket has u do so. thnx.

Bank: Zenith bank PLC, Acct name: Akinyemi Tolulope Enitan, Acct no: 2211614726
Re: COVID-19: Mamora Attributes Slow Pace Of Testing To PCR Machines by MoIbrahim: 3:11am On Apr 15, 2020
So we should blame PCR machine?

(1) (2) (Reply)

FCT Confirms 3 More COVID-19 Deaths, Discharges 39 & Records 7 new cases / Nigerian Couple Give Birth To White Baby In The Uk / Are You Having Issues Getting Pregnant?or Trying To Concieve? Then Try This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.