Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,725 members, 7,955,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 02:03 PM

Sex Workers Demand Aid From Government - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sex Workers Demand Aid From Government (264 Views)

Sex Workers Demand Alternative Brothels In Onisha / Six Joints Where Teenage Sex Workers Woo Men With Charms In Delta Uncovered / Nigerian Sex Workers Move Online To Ply Their Trade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sex Workers Demand Aid From Government by CasNova(m): 6:00pm On Apr 14, 2020
In Britain, sex workers are demanding aid from the government.

Virtual sex was expected to boom, but webcam girls and sex chat ­hostesses say their work has also dried up.

One sex chat hostess said: “Most of my regulars are married blokes with nowhere to sneak off to at the moment.

"There is no way they will be calling while they are stuck in the house with wives.

"A lot of my other clients who are single are still living with mums and dads so they have stopped ringing too.

"I did have one regular who called and I could barely hear what he was saying because he was whispering so low.

"When I asked him what he was doing he said he was hiding under the bed and his wife was down in the kitchen.

The English Collective of Prostitutes is urging the Government to help.

A spokeswoman said: "Hundreds of thousands of families in the UK rely on the income from sex work to survive.

"But sex workers have been excluded from the government’s emergency financial measures because sex workers are denied status as workers.

"This means sex workers are excluded from the support that other workers are receiving at this critical time.

"Sex workers, just like all other workers in the UK, need money to pay their rent, mortgages and utility bills."

Read full story from: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11391338/sex-workers-aid-government-married-clients-sneak-coronavirus/
Re: Sex Workers Demand Aid From Government by LearnITsmash(m): 6:02pm On Apr 14, 2020
Damn I love this turn of events grin
Re: Sex Workers Demand Aid From Government by Iyiataata92: 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2020
Na UK dey tolerate nonsense. Make this plea to Buhari and watch DSS bring the palliatives to your house the next minute.
I Love Africa For A Reason
Re: Sex Workers Demand Aid From Government by BlueBanana: 6:17pm On Apr 14, 2020
Hh
Re: Sex Workers Demand Aid From Government by FairCritic(m): 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2020
Funny people

(1) (Reply)

Work On Yourself First, Low Self-esteem Will Cost U Relationships / What Is That Thing That Surprise You Must In Your Life / How Have You Been Coping In This Lockdown?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.