Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:35 AM

Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms (23702 Views)

Akin Abayomi: Most People Who Contract Coronavirus Don't Feel Sick / Akin Abayomi: Lagos Coronavirus Cases May Rise To 39,000 / Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by godwinkessi: 5:42am On Apr 15, 2020
awwwww
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Kalubolt(m): 5:45am On Apr 15, 2020
Abegi they should let us hear word jare. With this present lock down and hardship many people may not be well or feeling fine. So any trace of headaches, malaria and small fever is now Covid-19 in the eyes of this useless govt officials that doesn't want it to end so they can be quoting more monies and filling their bank accounts.

1 Like

Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Nobody: 5:57am On Apr 15, 2020
seunlayi:

Lasg are trying in some ways. I belive a sincere lockdown with this house to house check will check the spread of covid-19

take it easy bro, she has compassion for us, what she is saying is OK but just for us to avert it when we support govt/ourselves to win this battle. It is only grace that is keeping the official low in Nigeria low till now. Let us sustain the fight and possibly improve on it to fight the enemy of humanity called Covid-19

Sir I still don't bliv the shit of these corona in Nigeria.. I still repeat... Govt is trying to deceive us... This useless govt doesn't care abt us

1 Like

Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Nukilia: 6:01am On Apr 15, 2020
Emecunze:
Over the Radio yesterday, Nigerians were busy saying is not our portion, God forbid and calling Melinda Gate a prophet of doom just because she said the overwhelming truth..it baffles me how Africans think they are more special to God than the rest of the world. I just pray some how we are immune to this virus maybe due to our weather or body system otherwise USA and Italy would be a child's play.. With the poor measures our government have put in place and the attitude of the populace, we are doomed for sure.

May God help us all. Amen

Nigeria belongs to God... We will beat this virus for God will not allow the rod of the wicked to rest on the lot of the righteous.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by gbagyiza: 6:15am On Apr 15, 2020
Etizz:
I think it will better-going door to door for test...

They just have to get this tin done on time d lockdown is not favourable at all

I think there is more to this virus than we know. This virus may be spreading through the air, meaning even with the lockdown as long as you breathe you are at risk of contracting. Only God can help us.
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by seunlayi(m): 6:16am On Apr 15, 2020
ProfDview1:

Sir I still don't bliv the shit of these corona in Nigeria.. I still repeat... Govt is trying to deceive us... This useless govt doesn't care abt us

1. Corona is real in Nigeria
2. We all know how useless our govt are since 1960's

1 Like

Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by seanwilliam(m): 6:18am On Apr 15, 2020
China God will punish you !!
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by NwaEri(f): 6:21am On Apr 15, 2020
ofiko123:
We pray that the numbers stop increasing in Jesus Christ name..

Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Agberooo: 6:22am On Apr 15, 2020
[s]
post=88456482:
Good job so far by LASG and FG on this Covid-19 issue.

Take heart guys.

It is only a matter of time.

Together, we will overcome this pandemic.

#JustBelieve

kiss
[/s]
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by MYHUBBY: 6:42am On Apr 15, 2020
vesselchino:
I said it we have more than 30,000 corona virus patient in Nigeria if the cure or vaccine isn't found before July, What happened in Italy, Spain and USA still dey learn work.

the level of your illiteracy is beyond this world. have you even make research on how this virus runs/spread, the period it spend in the body without medical attentions and the incubation period? your likes just follow the populace to wish your country people bad

at the second bolded, it's only you, your family member and all your generation will experience what happened in Italy, USA and Spain. useless people wishing Nigerians bad, Back to the sender, Nigerians won't have causalities and any fatality as you ediots had predicted

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by yeyeosoronga: 6:48am On Apr 15, 2020
sylva1:
This is quite proactive, cos a lot of people may already have the disease and would not want to willingly contact NCDC!

So proactive, and I'm so proud.
This is definitely a right decision.
If they can move round houses, and suspected cases quickly, it would help the lockdown to be over much faster
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by yeyeosoronga: 6:52am On Apr 15, 2020
Etizz:
I think it will better going door to door for test....

They just have to get this tin done on time d lockdown is not favourable at all

That's what they're doing na, but only for those with symptoms .
They can't test the whole of 20million people in Lagos .
I'm not sure they can go to all houses in Lagos, but they're going to hotspots (not sure where they consider hotspots though)
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Digmygold: 7:06am On Apr 15, 2020
seedorfg:
Test is the real thing that should be focus now, because already, man can't cope with this lockdown o.
Their should up their game fast.

Test with Chinese kit.
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Emmerlee(m): 7:14am On Apr 15, 2020
Rapmoney:
Jokers! I'm weary about the government and not this coronavirus crap! How come malaria, typhoid and other fevers disappeared in Nigeria just like that? Nobody is having them again. All ailments are now coronavirus.

How do you know that those other diseases disappeared? Are they supposed to broadcast cases of malaria and typhoid to the world as well? Make una calm down abeg

1 Like

Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Nairalandmonika: 7:16am On Apr 15, 2020
vesselchino:
I said it we have more than 30,000 corona virus patient in Nigeria if the cure or vaccine isn't found before July, What happened in Italy, Spain and USA still dey learn work.
I was thinking like you b4, but that's a lie.
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by asamaigho(m): 7:19am On Apr 15, 2020
sylva1:
This is quite proactive, cos a lot of people may already have the disease and would not want to willingly contact NCDC!

its looking like its not.d italian dat brought d virus to nigeria as its been said, or how will go to makoko and spot a corona patient, its not adding up.
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by hopexter(m): 7:23am On Apr 15, 2020
vesselchino:

Stop being negative bro, you will be dead before it gets to that rate. Nigeria is not in the same continent with the aforementioned hence, keep your evil statistics to yourself. God got Nigerians undecided
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Hausaboy239(m): 7:28am On Apr 15, 2020
Rapmoney:
Jokers! I'm weary about the government and not this coronavirus crap! How come malaria, typhoid and other fevers disappeared in Nigeria just like that? Nobody is having them again. All ailments are now coronavirus.
You will never accept something good,aren’t they trying? Try and overcome your hatred and commend on good things
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by oseo1(m): 7:35am On Apr 15, 2020
vesselchino:

Back to sender
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by oseo1(m): 7:37am On Apr 15, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

That's what they're doing na, but only for those with symptoms .
They can't test the whole of 20million people in Lagos .
I'm not sure they can go to all houses in Lagos, but they're going to hotspots (not sure where they consider hotspots though)

Hotspots are eti-osa, alimosho and ikeja
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by cray91(m): 8:06am On Apr 15, 2020
I Wonder ooo
Rapmoney:
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Nobody: 8:07am On Apr 15, 2020
Emecunze:
Over the Radio yesterday, Nigerians were busy saying is not our portion, God forbid and calling Melinda Gate a prophet of doom just because she said the overwhelming truth..it baffles me how Africans think they are more special to God than the rest of the world. I just pray some how we are immune to this virus maybe due to our weather or body system otherwise USA and Italy would be a child's play.. With the poor measures our government have put in place and the attitude of the populace, we are doomed for
sure.

May God help us all. Amen

For the past 3 weeks now Everybody keep shouting USA and italy will be joke compared to Nigeria and till now people have not still started dropping dead on the street as some of you expected. Please stop spreading cos this is what the govt want to spread fear so they can cashout

1 Like

Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by gnykelly(m): 8:09am On Apr 15, 2020
in this report it is said that Lagos has covered 118,000 household in search for covid 19 patient in 2 days... how come they food distribution can't be this effective.
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Ayobami7(m): 8:09am On Apr 15, 2020
okay
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Thetruthshallse(m): 8:10am On Apr 15, 2020
AUDIO
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Badonasty(m): 8:26am On Apr 15, 2020
I swear this thing don spread underground...,make dem come tb Joshua church come conduct tests....
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Ijaya123: 8:35am On Apr 15, 2020
Rapmoney:

And who told you other types of fever have disappeared?

1 Like

Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by yeyeosoronga: 8:41am On Apr 15, 2020
oseo1:

Hotspots are eti-osa, alimosho and ikeja

Ok, thanks
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Ilochukwuka: 8:49am On Apr 15, 2020
ProfDview1:
I don't bliv this shit..

They saw malaria symptoms not corona..
Govt is looting the fund by claiming we have more patients.

God save us from this virus called Nigerian govt
So up till now you have refused to get sense.
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Ade3131: 8:50am On Apr 15, 2020
wilemer:

What of asymptomatic cases? There should be a plan for massive testing

Unfortunately, there's no plan in place for all-out massive testing. I don't see any reason why Lagos alone can not have 100,000 testing kits for the same number of test per day. This state is fvcking rich but I just can't explain it. God has done well for us with the hot weather but our government are just agents of doom. Nip this shit in the bud before it gets out of hands.
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Ade3131: 9:07am On Apr 15, 2020
MYHUBBY:

the level of your illiteracy is beyond this world. have you even make research on how this virus runs/spread, the period it spend in the body without medical attentions and the incubation period? your likes just follow the populace to wish your country people bad

at the second bolded, it's only you, your family member and all your generation will experience what happened in Italy, USA and Spain. useless people wishing Nigerians bad, Back to the sender, Nigerians won't have causalities and any fatality as you ediots had predicted

As much as I say a resounding Amen to your prayer, I want to call on every Nigerian and Nairalander that are privileged to read this. Nigeria is not the only country that knows God and we should stop this whole idea of they're wishing the country bad. US, Italy and the rest of the countries with high casualties of COVID-19 didn't wish it upon themselves before it got to them. They were as prayerful as we are if not more so this nonsense of prayers without working towards your prayers should be strongly discouraged. Heaven helps those who help themselves (Christian believe); Tie up your camel and pray for Allah's guardian over it (Islamic believe). Plz take your hygiene seriously, do well for yourself by building your immune system and discourage people from relying on this believe that God is on our side without following due guidelines on how to prevent the virus. Heaven truly help those who helped themselves. Peace
Re: Akin Abayomi: We Identified 119 People With COVID-19 Symptoms by Neoteny7: 9:07am On Apr 15, 2020
"But let me remind you that COVID is one of the viruses that can cause respiratory symptoms. "

Oga Commissioner,

Covid-19 is the disease caused by the virus.

The virus is officially called SARS-CoV-2 but commonly referred to as coronavirus or coronavirus 2.

As a health commissioner one would ordinarily expect you to know the distinction between the virus and the disease it causes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

216 New COVID-19 Cases, 429 Discharged And 4 Deaths On Sept 2 - (2188 Tested) / School Of Nursing Makurdi Student Dies After Gas Explosion In Hostel (Graphic) / How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.