Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later (23747 Views)

Update On My Sister's Leg Injury 2 Years Later / Lady Shows Weight Loss Transformation After 2 Years (Photos) / Kenyan Drug Addict Rescued By His Childhood Friend, Dies 2 Years After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by ElBenny(m): 11:41am On Jul 03, 2023
Friday, 30th June
Road 24, Agip Estate.

I stepped out of the house to pay my utility bill while the sky was ablaze with the fire of the setting sun.

I was walking smartly along Road 24 and before I crossed to the other side of the road where I'd carry out the transaction, I heard two voices calling me and trying to buy my attention.

I looked back to find 3 roughnecked guys seated outside a bar with a table of drinks before them, puffing smoke into the air and obviously having a good time.

Because I was unsure about their intentions having scrutinised their outlook, I hesitantly gestured to them that I was coming to meet them soon.

I took my time to pay the bill and when I was done, crossed over to the road to see the “akpa men” or rather, the “ss3 boys” who sent for me.

After some handshakes with them which I dished out fearlessly one after the other, one of them asked, “You remember us?”

“No, I no sure say I remember this face.” I replied with sheer tenacity. Cos me no dey too deal with these men. So yes, I no sabi them. However, they all appeared different from how I judged them from afar, they all had very gentle smiles.

“But you been work for BMH abi?” the second guy whose eyes were bathed in pink asked.

“Yes, I been work there 2021,” I said with budding enthusiasm.

“I talk am. Na you na. Shebi na that BMH wey dey old GRA?” he further asked.

“Exactly, na him.” I replied like a cuffed criminal in an interrogation room.

“Na you been save our brother life one night wey we bring am come,” the second guy said assertively, “I recognise this your white hair.”

At that point, my whole life in 2021 flashed briefly before my eyes, trying to search and remember the scenario. I did that for close to two minutes, while they kept asking me to think. But to no avail.

“I no fit really remember baba,” I said like one who had just given up on a quest.

“No worry, na you. You really try that night. God bless you my brother. Just dey save lives dey go. Come join us drink nau.”

“No worry chairman. I really dey in a hurry. Thanks, una too much.”

The first dude legit dipped his hand into his Jean pocket and gave me some money. I was dumbstruck!

How could I accept a token of appreciation when I couldn't remember specifically the reason for the appreciation.
What if it wasn't me?
What if it was someone else they mistook for me?
It wouldn't look so great accepting some one else's reward.

All these flashed through my mind as I accepted the cash and buried it in my shoulder pouch. I left the scene to my house puzzled and confused. I found the cash to be ₦7,000.

Roughly 15 minutes after I arrived home, I was eating boiled corn when like a flood, the memory ravished my brain. It all become clear and started playing out like a Netflix movie on the screen of my mind.

“Eureka!”Like Archimedes shouted, “I found it.”

It all happened on the 29th October 2021, I was on (night) call duty in the Laboratory of Rivers State University Teaching Hospital where I worked as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (graduate intern).

2 men came to the blood bank unit confused and throughly worried. Their “brother” as they called him, had an emergency case and was losing a lot of blood.

They had earlier transfused 2 pints, 1 the night before and 1 that morning. The doctor had requested for another pint that night.

Their brother was blood group O negative and needed exactly another O negative blood donor. There was non available and no donor on ground and time was running out.

I had a talk with one of them and trust me, when a man is afraid, you'll know and can feel it. We gisted and I cracked some jokes which we all laughed to in the midst of the chaos.

I saw and felt the urgency of the situation and the risk involved, so I told the staff I worked with that night, “I'm O negative, I'd like to donate for them.”

The staff didn't question my offer to help because she was also aware of the situation on ground.

She screened me, my blood and as soon as I got a medical “all-clear” and eligibility to donate, a pint of blood was withdrawn from me and handed over to them after every necessary medical documentation.

“Oya make una take go give una brother,” she said. They were both confused and immediately began thanking her while worrying about how to pay later.

“No thank me. Thank this my fellow worker wey dey here,” she said while pointing to me where I was resting.

They thanked me briefly and hurried off. In less than 15 minutes, they were back. They approached me and showered words of gratitude to me and begged that they'll pay me before their brother was discharged.

“Make una no worry. E don tay wey I donate sef. As the blood dey excess, I say make I give una.” I laughed while seeing them off.

What if I hadn't donated?
What if they ran out of time?
What if, what if, what if?
Maybe their brother could've died.

Now I understood why they said I saved their brother's life, indeed!

I smiled softly after I was done in memory lane and felt the urge to go back there to tell them, “I remember una now.”

But it wasn't necessary.

Free 7k or maybe they paid me back 2 years after.

290 Likes 15 Shares

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by Clickairtravels: 12:20pm On Jul 03, 2023
It's good to be good my dear, I have benefited a lot from people also, there is hardly an institution I enter without finding help from someone I might not readily recognize but have favoured in one way with something I can't remember.
In long que before you know it someone will tap my shoulder and tell me to come this way or I'm given express service..

Even in court with one particular magistrate and many more. I have found help in a foreign country when someone begged to accommodate me free just like that oo, even back home I accommodate strangers in our home free of charge, dash people money or buy them things without them asking, from d little I have.

Generally.. it's good to be good! Even

135 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by Brendaniel: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
Wow, you did this for humanity, May you be favoured in ways you never expected in your time of need..

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by Freelancerr(m): 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
smiley
Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by Cj4charles(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
The World is really a small place 😊

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by theophorus(m): 1:14pm On Jul 03, 2023
This is Good.
I be regular donor but all these Blood Banks no dey try at all.

I go donate dem go just say thank You and another one go give 1 Bottle water and 1 Malt.

Come tell me make I encourage people to come. Me go just look dem say una know How much Transport I take come?

Abegi, me I do it cos I like to do it ni.

17 Likes

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by VeryWickedPrick: 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2023
That 7k is equivalent to 1.5k in that 2021 so go back and ask for your balance.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by muzically(m): 1:15pm On Jul 03, 2023
It's good 2 B good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by endsarrrs(f): 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2023
Long story....Op just say you want US to donate blood in saving a life

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by osuofia2(m): 1:16pm On Jul 03, 2023
one good turn deserves another. It is good to be good

2 Likes

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by Flliknji: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
Nh
Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by neolboy(m): 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2023
It pays to do good especially to those who will always appreciate your good deed

6 Likes

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by RESTMOUTH99(m): 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
G
Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by Beremx(f): 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
You really saved a life. Just imagine it was the life of a politician you saved.

Omo mehn!!
Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by Badguy77(m): 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2023
Who shit for church dey forget but who pack am no dey forget.. That's life just continue to do good or bad it might take time but the reward is eminent..

8 Likes

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by AntiChristian: 1:20pm On Jul 03, 2023
It pays to really do Good!
Na your kind we want for 9ja!
I pray to be like you OP!
....................................................................................................................
Christianity 101

You all inherited Sin from Adam!

Me: What Good deeds did we inherit from Adam?

Genesis 1:31 - God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.

But why did we inherit only the bad (sin) of Adam when everything God made was Good?

lipsrsealed

vdestro DNA is not equal to Soul/Spirit o!
Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by haveMONEY: 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2023
It good to be good, also try haveMONEY
Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by Obiebanks007(m): 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2023
It's good to be good
Na God they reward humans, just do your part and leave the rest to God...na Him alone See's n knows the heart of man. cool cool cool

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by RECTEM: 1:21pm On Jul 03, 2023
d
Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by naniawini(f): 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2023
ElBenny:
Friday, 30th June
Road 24, Agip Estate.

I stepped out of the house to pay my utility bill while the sky was ablaze with the fire of the setting sun.

I was walking smartly along Road 24 and before I crossed to the other side of the road where I'd carry out the transaction, I heard two voices calling me and trying to buy my attention.

I looked back to find 3 roughnecked guys seated outside a bar with a table of drinks before them, puffing smoke into the air and obviously having a good time.

Because I was unsure about their intentions having scrutinised their outlook, I hesitantly gestured to them that I was coming to meet them soon.

I took my time to pay the bill and when I was done, crossed over to the road to see the “akpa men” or rather, the “ss3 boys” who sent for me.

After some handshakes with them which I dished out fearlessly one after the other, one of them asked, “You remember us?”

“No, I no sure say I remember this face.” I replied with sheer tenacity. Cos me no dey too deal with these men. So yes, I no sabi them. However, they all appeared different from how I judged them from afar, they all had very gentle smiles.

“But you been work for BMH abi?” the second guy whose eyes were bathed in pink asked.

“Yes, I been work there 2021,” I said with budding enthusiasm.

“I talk am. Na you na. Shebi na that BMH wey dey old GRA?” he further asked.

“Exactly, na him.” I replied like a cuffed criminal in an interrogation room.

“Na you been save our brother life one night wey we bring am come,” the second guy said assertively, “I recognise this your white hair.”

At that point, my whole life in 2021 flashed briefly before my eyes, trying to search and remember the scenario. I did that for close to two minutes, while they kept asking me to think. But to no avail.

“I no fit really remember baba,” I said like one who had just given up on a quest.

“No worry, na you. You really try that night. God bless you my brother. Just dey save lives dey go. Come join us drink nau.”

“No worry chairman. I really dey in a hurry. Thanks, una too much.”

The first dude legit dipped his hand into his Jean pocket and gave me some money. I was dumbstruck!

How could I accept a token of appreciation when I couldn't remember specifically the reason for the appreciation.
What if it wasn't me?
What if it was someone else they mistook for me?
It wouldn't look so great accepting some one else's reward.

All these flashed through my mind as I accepted the cash and buried it in my shoulder pouch. I left the scene to my house puzzled and confused. I found the cash to be ₦7,000.

Roughly 15 minutes after I arrived home, I was eating boiled corn when like a flood, the memory ravished my brain. It all become clear and started playing out like a Netflix movie on the screen of my mind.

“Eureka!”Like Archimedes shouted, “I found it.”

It all happened on the 29th October 2021, I was on (night) call duty in the Laboratory of Rivers State University Teaching Hospital where I worked as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (graduate intern).

2 men came to the blood bank unit confused and throughly worried. Their “brother” as they called him, had an emergency case and was losing a lot of blood.

They had earlier transfused 2 pints, 1 the night before and 1 that morning. The doctor had requested for another pint that night.

Their brother was blood group O negative and needed exactly another O negative blood donor. There was non available and no donor on ground and time was running out.

I had a talk with one of them and trust me, when a man is afraid, you'll know and can feel it. We gisted and I cracked some jokes which we all laughed to in the midst of the chaos.

I saw and felt the urgency of the situation and the risk involved, so I told the staff I worked with that night, “I'm O negative, I'd like to donate for them.”

The staff didn't question my offer to help because she was also aware of the situation on ground.

She screened me, my blood and as soon as I got a medical “all-clear” and eligibility to donate, a pint of blood was withdrawn from me and handed over to them after every necessary medical documentation.

“Oya make una take go give una brother,” she said. They were both confused and immediately began thanking her while worrying about how to pay later.

“No thank me. Thank this my fellow worker wey dey here,” she said while pointing to me where I was resting.

They thanked me briefly and hurried off. In less than 15 minutes, they were back. They approached me and showered words of gratitude to me and begged that they'll pay me before their brother was discharged.

“Make una no worry. E don tay wey I donate sef. As the blood dey excess, I say make I give una.” I laughed while seeing them off.

What if I hadn't donated?
What if they ran out of time?
What if, what if, what if?
Maybe their brother could've died.

Now I understood why they said I saved their brother's life, indeed!

I smiled softly after I was done in memory lane and felt the urge to go back there to tell them, “I remember una now.”

But it wasn't necessary.

Free 7k or maybe they paid me back 2 years after.

u stay in ph huh? I stay in ph too. Can we link up🙃

Thats my email followgiffty@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by Offpointng: 1:22pm On Jul 03, 2023
In the year 2009 A class mate once helped me with food cuz I was hungry, sad, life was flashing outta me and was even crying sef cuz I was still young at secondary school, She saw me and asked me why I was crying, I explained it to her and she was like oh sorry and she left, 5 minutes later she brought to me some puff puff and bons that quickly restored life back to me grin

After that, Adeola has done many good to me but you see that single act of kindness and humanity in 2009 put Adeola a place in my heart that as long as I've got and she ask me, even if that's all my worth, I'm dividing it into two and I'm giving her half. We attended same University and probably she felt she had my mumu button cuz anything she said she want, I was always buying it for her (she din know that 2009 kindness was what was speaking for her)

I can swear with anything rn that just like OP, she can never remember if I should tell her todat this is why I use to do anything for her. She's forgotten but that seed then has now become a tree inside me. THAT'S LIFE

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by MISTAICEY02288(m): 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2023
Hmmmm it always pays to be kind. Kindness costs nothing. Be kind!

3 Likes

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by vincenteger: 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2023
It's good to be good

Nice one Benny
From Benvimi

3 Likes

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by xristos(m): 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2023
Good luck
Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by Abbeyme: 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2023
Go on to do good.

You are not alone.

1 Like

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by Chno: 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2023
I’m happy for you

3 Likes

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by Westman001: 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2023
Well, you could have said it all in two or three sentences.

All the same, it's good you did good. Every action and deeds have it deserved reciprocate.
Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by Sandralight(f): 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2023
It's good to be good, if you are a bad person I am sure you could have been scared why those men were calling you.
One thing I have learned in life is that hood deeds always bring reward, it might not happen immediately but it will surely happen when you least expect it, so keep been a good person because it will always pay.

7 Likes

Re: How My Good Deeds Got Rewarded Almost 2 Years Later by AskNgige2: 1:27pm On Jul 03, 2023
VeryWickedPrick:
That 7k is equivalent to 1.5k in that 2021 so go back and ask for your balance.

Iwu Efulefu

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

October 13: No Bra Day, To Raise Awareness On Breast Cancer / Benefit Of Kuding Tea For Diabete And Weight Loss / African Countries Praised For Handling Coronavirus Really Well

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.