Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,716 members, 7,816,950 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

Trump Halts US Funding To WHO For ‘mismanaging COVID-19 Pandemic’ - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Trump Halts US Funding To WHO For ‘mismanaging COVID-19 Pandemic’ (1208 Views)

US funding for weapons, economic aid to Ukraine runs out this year - White House / World Bank Blocks Loans, New Funding To Uganda Over Anti-gay Bill / US To Review Funding To WHO Next Week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trump Halts US Funding To WHO For ‘mismanaging COVID-19 Pandemic’ by Stalwert: 8:34am On Apr 15, 2020
Lol
Re: Trump Halts US Funding To WHO For ‘mismanaging COVID-19 Pandemic’ by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 15, 2020
tatatar:

Last I checked it was trump who called coronavirus a democratic hoax.The same info they gave US,that they gave South Korea.Trump is to be blamed,simple!

I don't want to waste my time this morning.

you can go and provide the lost funding.
Re: Trump Halts US Funding To WHO For ‘mismanaging COVID-19 Pandemic’ by Cholls(m): 8:44am On Apr 15, 2020
AroleOduduwa2:
I am no Trump supported, but he's absolutely correct. China lied, people died, the world is a chaotic state and WHO covered it up. WHO helped in spreading the virus, same WHO that are quick to red flag countries with ebola.
my brother the Chinese government doesn’t care about
the global economy. They only care about their
own, within their borders, it does not matter.
It only matters to those outside that country.
Factories that remain closed are foreign
factories, foreign business, They are not
Chinese factories, They want everything to be
made in China.

WHO takes the larger blame in this issue. They're the custodian of healthcare for human race.
Re: Trump Halts US Funding To WHO For ‘mismanaging COVID-19 Pandemic’ by 7lives: 8:47am On Apr 15, 2020
omonnakoda:
South Korea was given the same information and took action in January
Trump prevaricated
Trum refused to accept WHO testing kit and The US had delays with development of kits

On February 15 there were only 15 cases in the US they had plenty of time to take action
Trum failed and is looking for a scapegoat
India shares a border with China, is a very poor country but has fewer cases than the US

You dey mind Trump, the guy bungled the opportunity to protect America, he needs to blame somebody.
I remembered how Trump said Covid 19 is a Chinese HOAX and refused to take action when it matter most.
If WHO did not alert the world early enough, what is the job description of the CIA?, are their agent no longer available all over the world?.
If na to drop bombs on small a country, America no dey miss that one, Trump should shut up jor.
Re: Trump Halts US Funding To WHO For ‘mismanaging COVID-19 Pandemic’ by cybertron88: 12:09am On Apr 16, 2020
omonnakoda:

They claimed that coronavirus doesn't spread human-human

Is this true?
Very true. I was even arguing with my colleague few months back that it wasn't airborne cos that was what WHO said back then. Imagine such misinformation coming from WHO.
Re: Trump Halts US Funding To WHO For ‘mismanaging COVID-19 Pandemic’ by omonnakoda: 6:34am On Apr 16, 2020
cybertron88:

Very true. I was even arguing with my colleague few months back that it wasn't airborne cos that was what WHO said back then. Imagine such misinformation coming from WHO.
Do you have evidence?
That is simply not true.

It is a lie.

A dirty lie.

The simple truth is no one can tell you what they don't know.
If you are not a doctor then you ought to keep quiet if you do not understand how medics use language.
A statement that there is no evidence is not a statement that it does not happen. It simply means we don't have evidence

In the early stage before there were 100 cases in China what we all heard was
There was no evidence of human to human transmission

That does not mean it does not exist. There simply was no data just like now there is no evidence that it has anything to do with 5G
As soon as evidence emerged of human to human transmission it was sharedWhen that happened there were still no cases in the USA
The WHO cannot manufacture evidence where there is none

So that cannot be used as an excuse for the phenomenal failure in the USA

The job of the WHO is to SHARE INFORMATION, it is not a national health body.
It can only share information it receives .

There was never a time that it said the disease does not spread from humans to humans
Re: Trump Halts US Funding To WHO For ‘mismanaging COVID-19 Pandemic’ by cybertron88: 7:09am On Apr 16, 2020
omonnakoda:

Do you have evidence?
That is simply not true.

It is a lie.

A dirty lie.

The simple truth is no one can tell you what they don't know.
If you are not a doctor then you ought to keep quiet if you do not understand how medics use language.
A statement that there is no evidence is not a statement that it does not happen. It simply means we don't have evidence

In the early stage before there were 100 cases in China what we all heard was
There was no evidence of human to human transmission

That does not mean it does not exist. There simply was no data just like now there is no evidence that it has anything to do with 5G
As soon as evidence emerged of human to human transmission it was sharedWhen that happened there were still no cases in the USA
The WHO cannot manufacture evidence where there is none

So that cannot be used as an excuse for the phenomenal failure in the USA

The job of the WHO is to SHARE INFORMATION, it is not a national health body.
It can only share information it receives .

There was never a time that it said the disease does not spread from humans to humans
Oga keep quiet and don't quote me again if u don't have any reasonable thing to say. If there was no evidence as at that time, the right thing to do was to take precautions and not throw caution to the winds. Covid19 belongs to a family if viruses known to spread via human to human contact. Alerting the world to isolate China won't have gotten the world in this big mess. They rather chose to do the bidding of the Chinese.
Re: Trump Halts US Funding To WHO For ‘mismanaging COVID-19 Pandemic’ by omonnakoda: 7:18am On Apr 16, 2020
cybertron88:

Oga keep quiet and don't quote me again if u don't have any reasonable thing to say. If there was no evidence as at that time, the right thing to do was to take precautions and not throw caution to the winds. Covid19 belongs to a family if viruses known to spread via human to human contact. Alerting the world to isolate China won't have gotten the world in this big mess. They rather chose to do the bidding of the Chinese.
Sensible countries took precautions like Taiwan e.g The outcome in Taiwan is better
Like Germany, the outcome in Germany is better
The USA did not
Taking precautions is not WHO responsibility. That is the responsibility of individual countries
The fact is it became known in January that there was human to human transmission
It is a fact that this was shared with the USA
Go and read everything Trump said

He did not ban flights into the USA UNTIL MARCH
Trump refused WHO testing kit saying they would make them in the US ,that did not work initially costing time and lives.
Re: Trump Halts US Funding To WHO For ‘mismanaging COVID-19 Pandemic’ by omonnakoda: 7:20am On Apr 16, 2020
cybertron88:

I should not quote you again?
Did I quote you to start with?

Close your mouth
Re: Trump Halts US Funding To WHO For ‘mismanaging COVID-19 Pandemic’ by omonnakoda: 10:53am On Apr 16, 2020
cybertron88:

You are unintelligent.
You are the dunce that quoted me first with your unsolicited foolishness

If it belongs to a family of viruses KNOWN to spread from HUMANS to humans why do we need the WHO to tell us what we already know.
Do you have a brain?
The WHO provided ALL the information it had. It is the job of elected politicians to take action
It is not the WHO that is responsible for isolating China we knew in January that Covid 19 spread from humans to humans
What did Trump do?

Flights were allowed into the US until March
Re: Trump Halts US Funding To WHO For ‘mismanaging COVID-19 Pandemic’ by Goldmaxx(f): 11:20am On Apr 16, 2020
Way to go Trump!
Cut every piece of shït given to WHO.

Next is the kangaroo United Nations.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rare Christmas Sales In Saudi Arabia / Can A Black Ever Become A King/queen In United Kingdom / India Lunches It First Moon Mission !(Picture attached)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.