Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,453 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

Trump Suspends US Funding For WHO, Blames Organisation For COVID-19 Deaths - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Trump Suspends US Funding For WHO, Blames Organisation For COVID-19 Deaths (295 Views)

Lagos Confirms 4 COVID-19 Deaths / Lagos Records Another Coronavirus Death. Total Of 14 COVID-19 Deaths In Lagos / 49 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 542, 166 discharged, 19 Deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Suspends US Funding For WHO, Blames Organisation For COVID-19 Deaths by ogaontop(m): 11:08am On Apr 15, 2020
The United States is suspending funding to the World Health Organisation, Donald Trump has announced, while his administration reviews what he described as the group’s “disastrous” role in “covering up” the outbreak of the coronavirus in China.

“The reality is the WHO failed to obtain, vet and share information in a timely fashion,” Mr Trump said. “The WHO failed in its basic duty and must be held accountable.”

The US president, who has been accused ignoring warnings from his own intelligence agencies of the virus’s severity as well as failing to act in a timely manner, said “delays the WHO experienced in declaring a public health emergency cost valuable time, tremendous amounts of time”.Mr Trump accused the WHO of “opposing travel bans” and repeating Chinese government “propaganda” that the virus could not be transferred from person to person.

The US leader issues a mild threat to withdraw from the organisation, saying, “we’ll have no choice but to do that”, unless the group changes its actions. The US is the largest financial contributor to the WHO; China is second.

His administration plans to redirect funding meant for the WHO to work with countries on health issues “in other ways”. As usual, he did not describe what those “other” avenues might be.

He repeated his misleading statement that Washington sends the WHO “$400m to $500m” each year. Budget documents show it is closer to just over $100m (£78m) annually. There was no immediate response from the organisation.

https://www.independent.ng/trump-suspends-us-funding-for-who-blames-organisation-for-covid-19-deaths/

1 Like

Re: Trump Suspends US Funding For WHO, Blames Organisation For COVID-19 Deaths by Nobody: 11:10am On Apr 15, 2020
Re: Trump Suspends US Funding For WHO, Blames Organisation For COVID-19 Deaths by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 15, 2020
Supported!!!

W.h.o is Super Confused!!

1 Like

Re: Trump Suspends US Funding For WHO, Blames Organisation For COVID-19 Deaths by dequeenishere: 11:18am On Apr 15, 2020
Good way to go
Re: Trump Suspends US Funding For WHO, Blames Organisation For COVID-19 Deaths by paiz: 11:20am On Apr 15, 2020
The new world order
Re: Trump Suspends US Funding For WHO, Blames Organisation For COVID-19 Deaths by yanabasee(m): 11:46am On Apr 15, 2020
Chosen1984:
Supported!!!
W.h.o is Super Confused!!

Not just confused, but very backward....

Their reports and efforts to end this pandemic is politically motivated.....
Re: Trump Suspends US Funding For WHO, Blames Organisation For COVID-19 Deaths by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 15, 2020
yanabasee:

Not just confused, but very backward....

Their reports and efforts to end this pandemic is politically motivated.....

Heavily politically Motivated!
Re: Trump Suspends US Funding For WHO, Blames Organisation For COVID-19 Deaths by ogaontop(m): 12:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
WHO is actually dancing to the tunes of China, but Trump withholding health funding in the midst of a global pandemic doesn't make sense
They (Both China, WHO and Trump) value politics, economy and international relevance over human lives!
Re: Trump Suspends US Funding For WHO, Blames Organisation For COVID-19 Deaths by Empowerme63: 12:24pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hi nairalanders pls i need financial assistance frm u guy, i'm a transporter dat plies alakija to mazamaza,
hunger made me defile d lockdown other and went for work on monday, but unfortune on tuesday went i was caught by d police, my vehicle is impound and @ old ojo road police station. Meanwhile some police owned comercial vehicle are working wit no one harrassing d drivers of d vehicle,
i was asked to bring 30k to reproclaim my vehicle, i only saved up 5k from my monday, pls i need assitance b4 my vehicle is sent to alausa.

First bnk.

O .I. D

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: Used Face Masks Gathered, Washed And Repackage. / Governor Okowa Relax Lockdown / Nigeria Riding Upward Curve,breaks New Infection Record For Third Time In A Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.