Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked (7526 Views)

I Just Got Scammed / Samsung Galaxy A51 Review After 3 Months Of Use / How Much Does It Cost To Change My Samsung S7 Edge Front Glass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by hidhrhis(m): 11:05pm On Apr 15, 2020
cruzydal:

I have one also . Samsung galaxy S7 edge with cracked screen . If you are interested and in Lagos quote me
price
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Slazim: 1:40am On Apr 16, 2020
Trendy247:
I read somewhere about screen baking by this guys.. Don't know if it really works.

Abeg who don patronize them before?
Super fake. Na just scam.
Wifey 'baked' her screen, small fall the thing crack.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by ipobarethieves: 3:21am On Apr 16, 2020
Pic,price and location in lagos
cruzydal:

I have one also . Samsung galaxy S7 edge with cracked screen . If you are interested and in Lagos quote me
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Trendy247: 7:35am On Apr 16, 2020
Slazim:

Super fake. Na just scam.
Wifey 'baked' her screen, small fall the thing crack.
Na wa o
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by DrayZee: 10:43am On Apr 16, 2020
You bought a Galaxy S10 with an Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, and Dynamic AMOLED display, and you did not immediately protect it with screen guard and phone case? Which other phone do you know that has those 2 combined?
That just means you were ready to pay the 150k minimum to fix it na.

3 Likes

Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by chuksvoice: 11:08am On Apr 16, 2020
Trendy247:
How much can I get it fixed??
Don't attempt to change the outer glass because it's near impossible to do it, talking from personal experience. If you have the money just change the whole screen if the crack bothers you so much.

2 Likes

Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Trendy247: 1:53pm On Apr 16, 2020
DrayZee:
You bought a Galaxy S10 with an Ultrasonic fingerprint sensor, and Dynamic AMOLED display, and you did not immediately protect it with screen guard and phone case? Which other phone do you know that has those 2 combined?
That just means you were ready to pay the 150k minimum to fix it na.
Fingerprint sensor doesn't work on screenguard. That's why I didn't use it
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by ebecode(m): 2:27pm On Apr 16, 2020
Trendy247:

Sorry about that . I think maybe u should keep managing it for now . Sell it later personally and buy another phone. If you think fixing it is the best for you then be prepared to spend a lot because I think you would have to change the whole screen. I don't know why Samsung make it so hard for screen guard to work perfectly on their phones from S8 and Above. From s8 and above I think if you really want to enjoy your screen beauty you have to leave it unprotected.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Trendy247: 2:32pm On Apr 16, 2020
ebecode:

Sorry about that . I think maybe u should keep managing it for now . Sell it later personally and buy another phone. If you think fixing it is the best for you then be prepared to spend a lot because I think you would have to change the whole screen. I don't know why Samsung make it so hard for screen guard to work perfectly on their phones from S8 and Above. From s8 and above I think if you really want to enjoy your screen beauty you have to leave it unprotected.
Tnx man
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by DrayZee: 3:24pm On Apr 16, 2020
Trendy247:

There are screen guards made specifically for the Galaxy S10. Sha...they may not have been readily available in Nigeria. Try checking where you bought it from if they have any kind of warranty. Sometimes, it covers for one free screen replacement.
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by shogsman(m): 5:12pm On Apr 16, 2020
Yewandequeen:
my honest advice for u is to continue using the phone like that till ure tired of it and get a new phone. Once the phone is opened for replacement I can guarantee you that's the day you will start having issues with the phone.
That's a fable,if he gets a good engineer the phone will still be as good as new.phones are not that complicated.
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by jksxxxx: 4:39am On Apr 18, 2020
I have the screen for 85k
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Trendy247: 8:01am On Apr 18, 2020
jksxxxx:
I have the screen for 85k
Negotiable?
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Xpress24(m): 1:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
cruzydal:

Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by thespokenword: 3:59pm On Apr 18, 2020
Lawalemi:
Samsung. God forbid.

My S7 Edge with cracked screen was abandoned over exorbitant cost of screen replacement
Get the screen quotes. Visit aliexpress and buy another . it should be less than 7k. Take to a good tech guy , pay him 2k for replacement. Don't mind those guys , they will tell you the screen is 18k as if na eternal village we dey live in

1 Like

Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Mkmoney(m): 4:15pm On Apr 18, 2020
This is why I pamper my s10plus i no wan hear story grin
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Trendy247: 5:03pm On Apr 18, 2020
thespokenword:

Get the screen quotes. Visit aliexpress and buy another . it should be less than 7k. Take to a good tech guy , pay him 2k for replacement. Don't mind those guys , they will tell you the screen is 18k as if na eternal village we dey live in
Before aliexpress ship am come reach Lagos, na pieces u go collect
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by cruzydal(m): 10:23pm On Apr 20, 2020
Xpress24:
Okay but you would need to change the screen
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by ddjay: 10:30pm On Apr 20, 2020
Its like u Did not use a case and screen protector
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Trendy247: 11:07pm On Apr 20, 2020
ddjay:
Its like u Did not use a case and screen protector
I used only d case
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by ddjay: 10:39am On Apr 21, 2020
Trendy247:

I used only d case
Ok, if you are able to replace the glass, use a screen protector, very important
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Lawalemi(m): 11:59am On Apr 22, 2020
thespokenword:

Thanks a lot. I'll check it out
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by themanderon: 9:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Please guys tell me how much it will take to fix the screen of Samsung galaxy note 5. phone mistakenly fell on the ground and a dark park appeared on the lower part of the screen which later covered the whole screen.
I used a screen guide and also casing but it still got damaged. please.
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by meshachdbuzz(m): 10:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
Do you kw if you remove the outer glass that you will not have Gorrila protection again. And that outer glass u are buying will scatter wen it falls

Mind you after changing the outer glass there will still be floss if there's any drop of water on the screen it will start misbehaving the touch response will reduce and it will be more fragile I will suggest u better leave like that

Or replace the entire screen from Samsung store wch will come with gorilla protection though it's costly..

Cheers
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 22, 2020
You think it is that easy to change? Before you replace a crack screen or touch you need an LCD screen separator machine.Even a phone engineer,if not careful can damage a component inside.Or even the flex.Btw,have you change it yourself?
Opperwezen:
If you have the mind for it you can try importing the glass kit(comes with everything you need to successfully replace a screen including a YouTube video)from Ali Express for less than 15k then make sure you do your research on YouTube about how to carefully removing the screen without damaging the phone.

NB: Not too sure if this is feasible because of the under display fingerprint scanner, but after a search on aliexpress there were quotations for s10+ glass kit.
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Jung(m): 1:21am On Apr 23, 2020
shogsman:

120-140k for full replacement

Tiff lmfao. Even note 10 plus screen no reach so angry
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Jung(m): 1:23am On Apr 23, 2020
chuksvoice:

Don't attempt to change the outer glass because it's near impossible to do it, talking from personal experience. If you have the money just change the whole screen if the crack bothers you so much.

Na me be the personal experience. Experience from hell grin

1 Like

Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Opperwezen(m): 8:29am On Apr 23, 2020
cucumbae:
You think it is that easy to change? Before you replace a crack screen or touch you need an LCD screen separator machine.Even a phone engineer,if not careful can damage a component inside.Or even the flex.Btw,have you change it yourself?

Have you ever changed it yourself?If not why berate my post?
Do you know it cam be done manually? albeit risky in the hands of an amateur
I've changed 5 Samsung(s7- s9)glasses with a loca blade and loca adhesive remover. Btw separating glass from screen is very easy if you follow the steps and know what you're doing.
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by chuksvoice: 10:29am On Apr 23, 2020
Jung:

Na me be the personal experience. Experience from hell grin
grin grin grin
Boss, No be lie oo
From there I know the difference between 12 & half a dozen

1 Like

Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Maisamari1994: 11:51am On Apr 23, 2020
I want to change it for my s8 plus

What's the price
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Opperwezen:

Have you ever changed it yourself?If not why berate my post?
Do you know it cam be done manually? albeit risky in the hands of an amateur
I've changed 5 Samsung(s7- s9)glasses with a loca blade and loca adhesive remover. Btw separating glass from screen is very easy if you follow the steps and know what you're doing.
Blade and adhesive?That is impossible.How did you do it?
Re: My 3 Months Old S10+ front glass Just Got Cracked by Opperwezen(m): 12:41pm On Apr 23, 2020
cucumbae:
Blade and adhesive?That is impossible.How did you do it?
Google is your friend

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Best App For Hiding p0rn On Android / Xiaomi Redmi 8 Review - Super Cheap & Super Worth It / Tecno Camon 12 Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.