Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Remove Your Date Of Birth From All Social Media Platforms Now, This Is Why - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Remove Your Date Of Birth From All Social Media Platforms Now, This Is Why (561 Views)

How To Check Your NIN Date Of Birth For Free / How To Get Your Lost NIN Slip With Phone Your Number Or Your Date Of Birth / Woman Holds Down A Live Python, Cuts It Open To Remove Goat (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Remove Your Date Of Birth From All Social Media Platforms Now, This Is Why by Nobody: 1:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
As we grow older financially wise, there are some people that their sole aim is to hack our bank accounts, conduct a sim swap or even clone our sim cards.

Do you know?

If someone wants to hack into your email or bank account, the first security challenge they will be asked is to provide your date of birth, if you don’t know this before its better you know now.

I will like to share a personal experience.

Few months ago I received 3 calls from strangers. The first call claimed to be from my bank. They asked me to provide my date of birth because they needed to protect my account but I told them my bank already has the information and if actually he is from my bank, he would see my date of birth from their system, this I believe most of us might have experienced too.

The second call claimed to be a reverend sister. She said Catholic Church is organizing a collateral free loan. She said I should provide my date of birth and full names so that I will be added among those that will receive the loan. I told them I don’t know them and I don’t need their loan.

Third call claimed to be director of NNPC, he said he wanted to list my name on those that will be given job. He said I should provide my name and date of birth.

All these calls are after my date birth. I don’t know what they intend to do with it but I know they can use it to do some dangerous hacking.

READ 3 Shocking Myths About Kids,Technology And Screen Time
Do you think they hadn’t gone to my facebook page or other social accounts to check for my date of birth? What would happen if my date of birth is visible to all?

As a tech savvy, ever since I opened my facebook account I had turn on the restricted access to my date of birth. Now that we have scammers everywhere and even in our friends list, no one is to be trusted.

Another thing that facebook does wrong is to announce your date birth so that your friends and everyone will see it’s your birthday and send wishes. Now our date of birth is a gold in the hands of scammers.

To disable or stop facebook from showing your date of birth or announcing it do the following.

First go to facebook and open your profile. In your profile clicking edit profile.

Tap Edit Profile. You'll find this tab below your cover photo near the top of your profile page.

Scroll all the way down and tap Edit Your About Info. It's a link at the very bottom of the page. Doing so opens a list of your profile information.

Scroll down to the "Basic Info" heading. You'll find it near the middle of the page.

Tap Edit. This option is to the right of the "Basic Info" heading.

Tap the "Privacy" icon. It's the person-shaped icon to the right of your "Birthday" heading near the top of the page. A drop-down menu will appear.

Tap Only me. This option is in the drop-down menu. Doing so hides the month and day of your date of birth from your profile.

If you don't see Only me in the drop-down menu, tap More Options in the drop-down menu, then tap Only me in the resulting menu.

Hide your birth year. If you don't want people to see your birth year either, tap the "Privacy" icon to the right of it, then tap Only me in the drop-down menu.
Again, you may have to tap More Options before you see the Only me option.

Scroll down and tap Save. It's a blue button at the bottom of the page. Doing so saves your changes and hides your birthday from your Facebook profile.

And you’re done in securing your date of birth details.

It’s not advisable for facebook or social media sites to show your date of birth to all people especially now that scam is in increasing.

Source : https://www.drumhour.com/remove-your-date-of-birth-from-all-social-media-platforms-now-this-is-why/

Re: Remove Your Date Of Birth From All Social Media Platforms Now, This Is Why by yungchop: 1:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
Noted bro, thanks.
Re: Remove Your Date Of Birth From All Social Media Platforms Now, This Is Why by Yustash001(m): 1:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
On another level.....

(1) (Reply)

Now Glo Have Deactivate My Line / India Becomes First Country To Land On Moon's South Pole / Dendritic Metallic Nanostructures For Fuel Cell Have Good Performance. Fuel Cell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.