Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,340 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? (48615 Views)

Why Do Most Breadwinner Wives Deprive Their Husbands Intimacy In Marriage? / Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? / Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by vickydevoka(m): 6:27am On Apr 19, 2020
Jaymoon:
@op, I would advice you run o, in the long run love is not always enough to sustain you in the relationship.

My elder sister is in this kind of relationship with her husband family, my sister the story long o, my sister is regretting it daily, the marriage has crumble due to pressure and her inability to bear children,the story long oh, my sister.

Dear op don't waste your youthful age on parasitic relationship borrow leg and run, a word is enough for the wise. ( Aboro die lan so fun omo oluwabi to ba de nu adodin di.)
U are right though, wen a woman gives de man money de relationship hardly last, or is always peaceful. Buh even if is de man dat gives de woman it last n every body will be happy.
Unless if de man is marrying a older woman

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by vickydevoka(m): 6:42am On Apr 19, 2020
2buffagain:

These days, no be even first born dey carry load again like OP mentioned.
Some first borns dey part of the problem, dey reach for last born money.
No too be their fault, but one thing I have seen time and time again is that when family members see that you have money, they become complicit with the knowledge that you will always help them when they come calling.

You have to shock them with "No" sometimes.
Some family members even just refuse to find work or match their expenses when they see that you are their cash cow.
Bros abeg sometimes reason squarely n profoundly b4 saying something. Most last borns are usually trained by de first n de elderly ones.
So u as de last born will be very wise in dealing with dem from de day u got a job, de shouldn't knw ur real salary, u should be able to lie to Dem by 20k difference.
Telling Dem no blatantly is no right. Bcus without dem u won't be were u are. N truth be told last born sabi help family lyk 2moro no dey. First born sabi wicked
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by vickydevoka(m): 6:48am On Apr 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Reverse is the case. Right from time immemorial women spend men's money and the man should b a man and know how to handle the situation. Her crime is being extravagant but this male in question has older sibling leeching off him and him leeching off the op.
Aunty things have changed na. Woman ar more employed Dan men. My father will happily pay all de bills buh same can't be said with my brother,y bcus de wife works n received over 200k, de must share bills equally because de are marrying each other.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Samakus(m): 6:50am On Apr 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Beg for?

For dick of course cheesy cheesy
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by vickydevoka(m): 6:50am On Apr 19, 2020
Punchline33:
What if tables turn tomorrow and he has to depend on them? It might not be financial anyway. Family is family. If ur man loves u, just stick with him and help him manage his funds better.
Lol. My brother u are reasonable. Nigerians don't think lyk dat until de are de ones looking for help

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by vickydevoka(m): 6:52am On Apr 19, 2020
Alwaysachick:
The sad truth here is that, he will not marry you eventually.

Once he is financially stable, he will discharge you and marry a fresh virgin. Op I hope you have not been throwing your eggs away? Is that his hold on you? Its never too late to run except you have a rich father that has included your name in his will and assign an Estate to your name cheesy
If everybody de think lyk u marriage no go ever hold. Person spend over 5 million naira on a lady way him never marry. Wat if de lady leaves him to marry a fyn rich guy
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by vickydevoka(m): 6:54am On Apr 19, 2020
hennylove:
Don't ever marry a man that financially depends on you. It will continue and get worse and you will start disliking him until you fall out of love. Men should for self respect not be asking for money from their gal friends or wife
Lol. De gal will be using her own money on her family n I will use mine on her . Lol. 21 century ladies.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Mindlog: 7:00am On Apr 19, 2020
vickydevoka:

If everybody de think lyk u marriage no go ever hold. Person spend over 5 million naira on a lady way him never marry. Wat if de lady leaves him to marry a fyn rich guy

A man must be mentally disordered to be spending 5 million on lady that is neither his mother, sister, wife nor daughter.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by bhukky(f): 7:01am On Apr 19, 2020
truthsayer009:

I didn't say that o, but all of his attention will be on his family.... His family comes first....
So you mean your Man did nothing, absolutely nothing for you. Never buys you anything, not a Gift, Present, Food, No financial support at all?

Habba! Fear God na! Fear the Lord all mighty. Fear God Sister.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by crackkhaus: 7:03am On Apr 19, 2020
Macktaob:

I can't keep quoting you man cheesy. I hardly comment here but you got me 3 straight already with your unforeseen jabs grin

She gave the lady a good advice thou but just, it shows how much it ain't "do unto me what I do unto you" for her. Tit for tat is a crime in Nigerian women's world.
cheesycheesy

Don't mind the chic jor, and there are so many of them just like her. See how she boldly stated that a woman is meant to spend a man's money. Lol... grin

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Alwaysachick: 7:05am On Apr 19, 2020
vickydevoka:

Op expects more from this guy which we all know she is not going to get.

We know this story line, it never ends well simple. Guys don't usually end up with women that spend on them, their ego won't allow it.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by vickydevoka(m): 7:07am On Apr 19, 2020
People are forgetting de looks. Wat of de guy is very fair n handsome n de babe is black n ugly. It will be very difficult for her to leave.
I nairaland people will say looks doesn't matter buh in reality it matters.
A black n average looking gal is always comfortable marrying a Fair handsome looking man, though not every gal.
So dats y de babe is till with him, my senseless sensible opinion though
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by zingywingy: 7:13am On Apr 19, 2020
An example of shameless He-goat.. Truthful to himself means telling his siblings he doesn't have money not by being parasitism on a young lady.. have sense youngman..[/color]

Harllaby:
[color=#000055]Honestly, the man is only being truthful to himself by asking his partner for money. So because you borrowed him 500k you feel like you can rub it on his face. The guy was never at fault from what you wrote instead you are the one that refuses to voice out your feelings by assuming he should know what you want.

Tell him how you feel and if he isn't what you want in a man, then go look for your type.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Goldie16(f): 7:14am On Apr 19, 2020
Harllaby:

Imagine. But ladies can ask for money from guys 24 hrs into relationship abi?

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:16am On Apr 19, 2020
vickydevoka:

Aunty things have changed na. Woman ar more employed Dan men. My father will happily pay all de bills buh same can't be said with my brother,y bcus de wife works n received over 200k, de must share bills equally because de are marrying each other.
I never said anything about not sharing bills. Yes, times are indeed changing but that doesn't make anything I said there untrue. Simply a reality that's changing due to economic dynamics... Simple. P.s Never said women should not assist the men in splitting bills in the home.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:18am On Apr 19, 2020
vickydevoka:
People are forgetting de looks. Wat of de guy is very fair n handsome n de babe is black n ugly. It will be very difficult for her to leave.
I nairaland people will say looks doesn't matter buh in reality it matters.
A black n average looking gal is always comfortable marrying a Fair handsome looking man, though not every gal.
So dats y de babe is till with him, my senseless sensible opinion though
So because she's black and ugly she should b giving the lazy man money back to back? Money he never returns? Abegi

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Lordbukas: 7:20am On Apr 19, 2020
Leaving him must be a good decision you must take otherwise get ready for tough one in the future if you marry him. For the fact he's feeling entitled to it means that is the only reason he wants you around him. This is a decision you have to take and stand by it no matter the pressure he will mount on you. He knows what he is gaining so dnt think he will let you go easily.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:21am On Apr 19, 2020
Punchline33:
What if tables turn tomorrow and he has to depend on them? It might not be financial anyway. Family is family. If ur man loves u, just stick with him and help him manage his funds better.
Where is d love kwanu? Someone that gets bitter and blackmail her until she drops money? Na that one b love? Manage which funds exactly? Someone that can down 100k in 2 days?

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by prigoz(m): 7:23am On Apr 19, 2020
Ishilove:
Chai! May God deliver us from shameless men who see nothing wrong in borrowing from a woman without repaying.

See, if I were you, talk to your legs otherwise you will just get old before your time if you make the mistake of marrying him.
Shame for what? Where is it written that money must come from men, sometimes I wonder if we reason before we handle our keyboard. If you don't have any reasonable advise, you keep mute.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 7:23am On Apr 19, 2020
Samakus:

For dick of course cheesy cheesy
Eheeeeen? Is it a scarce commodity? Just asking
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Helju: 7:27am On Apr 19, 2020
Please cut your loses. You will only end up frustrated. And if he's saying you are not being supportive, he is ungrateful and he won't change.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by lollybizzu(m): 7:30am On Apr 19, 2020
jaksmillioniar:
so u want to marry him and keep him alone dats wicked. his older one dont have today dont mean dey wont have tomoro.let ur heart be clean

Did you read the writeup at all?
If you did and still commented this rubbish then wisdom is far from you.

PS: I'm a guy so you know I'm objective and not biased.

Peace.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Bamz(m): 7:35am On Apr 19, 2020
mrblessed:
There is always a contrived fuss when a man is at the receiving end, but if it is a woman, it suddenly becomes the man's obligation. You have got two problems: a man who is the breadwinner of his family and his seemingly endless borrowing disposition.

My instinct tells me that, you resent his family's financial standing and, of course, will latch on any spurious reason to bolt. More so, the bleating of bimbos of Nairaland are united -- as always -- in an overwhelming demand for termination of the relationship. Be my guest!

Its so rampant. I hate herd mentality. These ones can never be counsellors. Whatever happened to trying to resolve the issue and then breaking up as a last resort, sometimes I feel ashamed of this generation of millenials. Over 80% are canvassing for a break up. Good luck to the op.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by lollybizzu(m): 7:38am On Apr 19, 2020
VERY ANNOYING THREAD. lipsrsealed undecided
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Maykanu: 7:41am On Apr 19, 2020
[quote author=DominusPrime post=88472447]This will continue as long as you tolerate it. My simple advice? Walk away.[/quote

Pls B4 u walk away, kindly drop his name and address.

Why not pray for God to bless u more, so u be a blessing to more people?

How much money was Abba kyari buried with , inside d grave?

He was even buried without a casket.

So be happy to spend if u have. Givers don't lack.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by ogunsbanjul(m): 7:43am On Apr 19, 2020
Do you know wether he is testing you ? And how sure are you that, he spends the money he do collect from you for his family ? Pray that God should send holy Spirit to lead and help you
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Dshocker(m): 7:49am On Apr 19, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

I've been a guest for a couple of years now, created an account to seek advice

My dear nairalanders, does it always end well marrying the Breadwinner of a family? He's the last born with 4 elder siblings but they all depend on him.

Yes, I knew he was the Breadwinner from day one but I thought with time, everyone else will be able to stand on their own, but it hasn't happened yet, we've dated for 3yrs now and he doesn't support me financially. I don't complain but he feels entitled to my money and when I get tired of him always asking me to lend him some money and decide to say no, he nags and tells me I'm not being supportive enough.

This is driving me really crazy cause he reminded me of how unsupportive I've been to him and his family, he's driving me insane, you can't possibly put the responsibility of your family on my shoulders, that's crazy and insensitive, over the years, I've borrowed him nothing less than 500k which I know for sure he's never giving back.

Is it normal to be in a parasitic relationship whereby the female remains the host that's being fed on?

I'm only 24 while he's 31.

If you get married to him,his siblings will be against you in due time,because there will be more financial obligations for both of you if the children starts coming and he would stop assisting them....And you already know the rest
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by iguita: 7:54am On Apr 19, 2020
I am sorry, who did you say the breadwinner of his family is? Him? Wrong, you are. And you are still GF ooooo. What happens when you get married? And your money should be his money? He wouldn't be asking you for your money then, he will give you allowance from your money. Don't worry, you are Federal Government providing petrol subsidies for him and his family. Better move on with your life. Btw, there is nothing wrong with supporting your guy and his family but it should be your choice and nobody should guilt-trip you if you don't. And a real man will not depend on you for cash talk little of putting his family burden on you
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by rhames(m): 7:56am On Apr 19, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

I've been a guest for a couple of years now, created an account to seek advice

My dear nairalanders, does it always end well marrying the Breadwinner of a family? He's the last born with 4 elder siblings but they all depend on him.

Yes, I knew he was the Breadwinner from day one but I thought with time, everyone else will be able to stand on their own, but it hasn't happened yet, we've dated for 3yrs now and he doesn't support me financially. I don't complain but he feels entitled to my money and when I get tired of him always asking me to lend him some money and decide to say no, he nags and tells me I'm not being supportive enough.

This is driving me really crazy cause he reminded me of how unsupportive I've been to him and his family, he's driving me insane, you can't possibly put the responsibility of your family on my shoulders, that's crazy and insensitive, over the years, I've borrowed him nothing less than 500k which I know for sure he's never giving back.

Is it normal to be in a parasitic relationship whereby the female remains the host that's being fed on?

I'm only 24 while he's 31.

Move off and run for your life and take care of your future. He and his family are leeches who want to take advantage of this opportunity to sink you financially, morally and this may affect you mentally and in the future. Please leave that relationship and run away now before you regret it.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Nobody: 8:00am On Apr 19, 2020
[quote author=Maykanu post=88604928][/quote]

Even if you want to be mother Teresa you do it to the right people and not to a person ripping you off. Your position to me is quite foolish. Genuine people who need help should be given. All this soft heartedness nonsense you are forming is foolishness. Even such a prayer would not be answered until the wisdom to spend or give wisely is gotten. That should be your first prayer.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by vickydevoka(m): 8:16am On Apr 19, 2020
SweetCunt97:
So because she's black and ugly she should b giving the lazy man money back to back? Money he never returns? Abegi
No. Buh dats if de gal is courageous enough to walk away. Buh too much of everything is bad, if u are too confidence as an ugly gal u my end up being single

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me / Man Who Constantly Beats Wife Says Cash & Good Sex Is the Reason She Can't Leave / Married Men Asking Single Guys For Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.