Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,551 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me (48606 Views)

My Dad Died Because He Slept With A Married Woman / After My Mother Died, I Became Obsessed With Dead Bodies / Today Marks The 18th Year Since My Dad Died, I Blazesam. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Abetterperson: 6:53am On Oct 26, 2019
Since My Dad Died, This Thing Happens To Me. Is It Normal. Please Help

Every since I turn 16 have been afraid of death but not for myself but for the people around me. Each time the people I love are not around me. I always think of how they will die and how the news will come to me. Have had dreams about it. My dad died when I was 14, I wasn't close to him but I felt it .... Is this normal or am I the only one

Please if is not, how can I stop it. It's getting out of hand, am unable to live my life properly now

28 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by onlyme07(m): 7:00am On Oct 26, 2019
Abetterperson:
Every since I turn 16 have been afraid of death but not for myself but for the people around me. Each time the people I love are not around me. I always think of how they will die and how the news will come to me. Have had dreams about it. My dad died when I was 14, I wasn't close to him but I felt it .... Is this normal or am I the only one

Please if is not, how can I stop it. It's getting out of hand, am unable to live my life properly now

Anxiety all over you.It's normal but you need to work on your self to avoid high blood pressure. My dad died 15years ago and till date, if I send someone on errand talk less of travelling and fails to return or call, I would start panicking and have ulterior thoughts. Always try and calm yourself down and bring the positive side of it saying in your mind - All is well-. That's the magic.

284 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Nobody: 7:13am On Oct 26, 2019
Deliverance is the way out
Abetterperson:

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by ATTemi: 7:15am On Oct 26, 2019
Bros calm down.

Must we disturb God on things we can do with our common sense?
darol4real:

226 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by ifyalways(f): 7:22am On Oct 26, 2019
darol4real:
Deliverance from what?

@OP, You are too young to worry and think about death. Death will surely come to all of us, its just a matter of when or time. Accept that and get a grip. Fill your mind with positive thoughts lime what you will achieve and do with your life before old age comes knocking.
Fill your mind with happy thoughts always.

112 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Homeboiy: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2019
All shall die

Take death as a natural thing

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by akinade28(f): 7:29am On Oct 26, 2019
When you over think or fix your mind on negative things, the mind has a way of processing those mental pictures into dreams. This will lead to constant fear, saddness, anxiety and worry. The food for negative thoughts is when you overthink or dwell on them. So don't feed negative thought.
Yes, you lost your father at a tender age, but it doesnt mean you will loose everyone you love. That's the reality of life
Whenever those negative thoughts come snap out of it and replace them with positive thought. Start imagining good things. Or distract yourself with other activities like listening to music or going out.
I repeat " Don't feed negative thought"
See a psychologist for professional help or if you are a religious person you can also see your pastor.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Larryfest(m): 7:41am On Oct 26, 2019
darol4real:
Deliverance from fear who will do the deliverance na so those god of men go siddon jeje na una go dey look for weytin no loss up and down.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by hisgrace090: 7:42am On Oct 26, 2019
You're daily dwelling on evil thought, time to stop is now!

Learn to be positive.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by lanibi(f): 8:08am On Oct 26, 2019
You've been feeding on fears and your mind has capitalized on this hence your experience.

Accept the fact that death will happen to everyone and stop thinking about it.

Pray for your loved ones every day and once the thought comes, smile and say "my family is kept safe and preserved"

I do have those thoughts but once they come, I speak God's words and focus my energy on other things immediately.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by extremelygolden: 8:12am On Oct 26, 2019
Embrace Christ totally and you won't be bothered about death.

And anytime such fleeting thoughts or feeling comes your way, always pray and cancel it with the Blood of Jesus Christ.

There's power in prayer and in the spoken Word of God.

10 Likes

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by falcon01: 9:28am On Oct 26, 2019
I understand this I feel that from time to time But it doesn't disturb me when I realize eventually we all gonna die. but a friend of mine the reverse is the case ever since his parents died mum first then dad, he doesn't care who's gonna die next anytime he hears the news of somebody who died, he be like "we all gonna die too so what's new?" his feelings has been drastically reduced but he care for those close to him. His Big advice is "Dont do anything that will kill you first let me be the first to die".

7 Likes

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Sirmuel1(m): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2019
It was when my Father died that I stopped being afraid of death, ghosts, dead bodies, and those scary things.

I no longer take life seriously, I just live the best way I can and avoid troubles.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Mays24(f): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2019
angry
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 26, 2019
Not normal.

Religion makes us fear death.

Once you realize that you, the real you, can't die, then you'll be free of the fear of death either for yourself or for family members.

What you see when you stand naked in front of a full mirror is your birthday suit. You, the real you are inside that suit of flesh. wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Kaybaba5(m): 10:54am On Oct 26, 2019
Death is inevitable

We must all die

U need to work on yourself stop thinking about death and be focus
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Apination(m): 10:54am On Oct 26, 2019
You are opening yourself to demonic manipulations by harbouring such thoughts. Death is inevitable, we all will die. Stop clinging on to this life, live right in Jesus and you will never fear it
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by solmusdesigns: 10:55am On Oct 26, 2019

Eyah, his death fvcked up your mind, you have to speak to a shrink or a pastor or even an elder so as to relieve your fears and speak about your bottled up pains

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by goshen26: 10:55am On Oct 26, 2019
Its normal...

Especially when u love him so much. For some time you would be feeling that he's still around, mostly his mirage will show in it room.

But after some time you would outgrown it, and people's will not be anything to you again. You take life as small stuff
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Biritiko: 10:55am On Oct 26, 2019
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by ednut1(m): 10:55am On Oct 26, 2019
At one point we are the next to die

2 Likes

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by HighQue007: 10:56am On Oct 26, 2019
yes

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by wiloy2k8(m): 10:56am On Oct 26, 2019
Abetterperson:
Since My Dad Died, This Thing Happens To Me. Is It Normal. Please Help

wait you are 16?
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by nwamabo247(m): 10:57am On Oct 26, 2019
You will soon grow past it@please forgive me if i can help myself i wont be begging for help.PLEASE nairalanders my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from ugwueme awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with with tetraplegic spinal cord injure.no source of income because my fingers are partialy afected i have been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and litle medications,buying of catheters and health care needs.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation center for the disables that can acept my kind condition. thanks and GOD BLESS. more details.see my signature below
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by sureheaven(m): 10:57am On Oct 26, 2019
Can you please tell us any meaningful things you are doing? shocked

You need to go find something serious that will engage your time a lot of times.
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by GlamourByBeholar(f): 10:57am On Oct 26, 2019
darol4real:

Everything is deliverance, deliverance ko delivery ni.

Anyways, this happens when your mind is full of negative thoughts. Keep engaging yourself with positive thoughts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by AuwalYusuf812(m): 10:57am On Oct 26, 2019
if you fear you go die & if you no fear you go still die......biko free Us
Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by Phils: 10:57am On Oct 26, 2019
Borderline Personality Disorder, BPD.

Read about BPD and other related personality disorders. Many people live with such disorders. Reading about it will give you ideas on how to manage yourself.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me by moscobabs(m): 10:58am On Oct 26, 2019
B

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Beautiful Gift God Gave To Me Through Facebook / DEATH OF Bode Thomas PORTRAYS PRIDE kills, humility spares(A True Life Story) / Chinese Woman Gives Birth To Twins From 2 Different Fathers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.