Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? (48612 Views)

Why Do Most Breadwinner Wives Deprive Their Husbands Intimacy In Marriage? / Men, What Is Your Issue With Marrying A Lady Who Is The First Child? / Does The Wife Earn The Position Of Head Of The House If She's The Breadwinner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Ilerioluwa02: 10:48pm On Apr 18, 2020
I say fleeee!!!
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Ryan03(f): 10:52pm On Apr 18, 2020
princepalace:
my dear,the way of God can never be the way of man. that is why i do tell people that God has no common sense. Because God most times doesnt think or reason the way man does. the advices given above may look logical and reasonable,but does God look at it that way?. Yes, you have assisted and borrowed him money severally before, and the possibility of even getting it back is shallow. good of you. dont forget, you are touching lives of people(your in-law to be) because bible says, he that watereth, shall be watered back in due season. It is God that giveth strength to get wealth. for by by strength shall no man prevail. it is God that maketh rich and adds no sorrow. The little assistance you are doing now could blossom to a greater dividend for you, your children and husband tomorrow. because God is the rewarder of those who diligently seek him (by giving). this is spiritual and mysterious, a carnal man can never understand this scenario because to him, it makes you look stupid and foolish. Now, let us interpolate the scenario. supposing you are in his shoes and he is in your shoes. He dishes out monetary assistance to your poor family and siblings, what will you be doing? wont you see him as God sent angel? wont you be praying for more of God's blessing and protection on him? i am sure, your family can never forget the labour of his love. Even God will have no option but to continue to answer all the prayers offered on him. dont forget, Love covers multitude of sins. let your love towards him cover all his shortcomings. mark my words, if u took this advice, tomorrow,you will be a hero, he will announce u to world as a proud virtuous woman because you are model, and you will be glad u did. plsss, dont be weary in well doing, because after a certain time, u shall receive the reward thereof. my dear, be foolish now, for greater reward and blessings tomorrow. my 2 pence, plsss
I am sure this is the same mindset the lady in acrimony had

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Cowbell521: 10:55pm On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

I've been a guest for a couple of years now, created an account to seek advice

My dear nairalanders, does it always end well marrying the Breadwinner of a family? He's the last born with 4 elder siblings but they all depend on him.

Yes, I knew he was the Breadwinner from day one but I thought with time, everyone else will be able to stand on their own, but it hasn't happened yet, we've dated for 3yrs now and he doesn't support me financially. I don't complain but he feels entitled to my money and when I get tired of him always asking me to lend him some money and decide to say no, he nags and tells me I'm not being supportive enough.

This is driving me really crazy cause he reminded me of how unsupportive I've been to him and his family, he's driving me insane, you can't possibly put the responsibility of your family on my shoulders, that's crazy and insensitive, over the years, I've borrowed him nothing less than 500k which I know for sure he's never giving back.

Is it normal to be in a parasitic relationship whereby the female remains the host that's being fed on?

I'm only 24 while he's 31.
One sided story.... mtchew.

Voice out if you no longer am....abi na the people wey dey hia dey hep una understand each other?

Abegi.....
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Cowbell521: 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2020
SweetCunt97:
I was once in this boat once upon a time, I chose to dive into the sea abandon ship... I hate stress in my life abeg. This one siblings reach 9 sef but he had a good job as a banker then sha... Salary no dey reach half of month e don finish.

Abeg parents should stop popping out many kids and stressing firstborns o.
dis Ebele sha...... You too small for this kind tin..... people wey no sabi dis gal go think na won big gal

She be one flat breast Abuja babe wey my guy don Popo Taya

3 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by bhukky(f): 11:03pm On Apr 18, 2020
Am a living witness to it..... My dear sister run for your life..... A better guy is waiting for you out there....

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Benwallt(m): 11:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
You have to win more bread to avoid chaos with those eating from her bread
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Kingbettips: 11:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
His not d beardwinner of d house
A breadwinner will look for way out for d rest one to enjoy his life with his wife not turning you to d beardwinner

VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

My dear nairalanders, does it always end well marrying the Breadwinner of a family? He's the last born with 4 elder siblings but they all depend on him.

Yes, I knew he was the Breadwinner from day one but I thought with time, everyone else will be able to stand on their own, but it hasn't happened yet, we've dated for 3yrs now and he doesn't support me financially. I don't complain but he feels entitled to my money and when I get tired of him always asking me to lend him some money and decide to say no, he nags and tells me I'm not being supportive enough.

This is driving me really crazy cause he reminded me of how unsupportive I've been to him and his family, he's driving me insane, you can't possibly put the responsibility of your family on my shoulders, that's crazy and insensitive, over the years, I've borrowed him nothing less than 500k which I know for sure he's never giving back.

Is it normal to be in a parasitic relationship whereby the female remains the host that's being fed on?

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Jaqenhghar: 11:04pm On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

One word "Run"
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by phorget(m): 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2020
What kind of breadwinner is your man? A man that cannot even win ordinary puff-puff for himself is busy winning breads for a whole family.

His siblings should better grow up and if the op notices that they wouldn't grow up then the op should just walk away from such an unhealthy relationship.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by joepepsy(m): 11:08pm On Apr 18, 2020
Women are selfish, if reverse were the case..just wondering.
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by ultimatex(m): 11:09pm On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

Run!
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Nairalandmonika: 11:19pm On Apr 18, 2020
hennylove:
are you saying that she should go ahead and marry him? Will you sincerely advise your sibling to marry such a man?
Answer my question first
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by megareal: 11:22pm On Apr 18, 2020
The only thing I would say to you OP is that if you were my younger sister, I would thoroughly beat sense into you.
Go borrow sense if you don't have it.

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Ybaby: 11:23pm On Apr 18, 2020
VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

Is this what you want to do with your 20s? Your body is the tightest it will be and you have been with a ........ since you were 21 .... that man is 7 years older than you and using you as a ladder?
Are you ok?
What is wrong with you?
Why dont you love yourself?
Where is your mum?
I feel so upset by what I am reading....hope you dont waste this years and regret in future.
Disengage from that parasite now. You can get a good provider man now ... so do that.
Do not stay and in a few years time come crying to NL.
So sad
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by kem1362: 11:23pm On Apr 18, 2020
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by 79733139(m): 11:25pm On Apr 18, 2020
Stop borrowing him money. Stop it! If he decides to leave you for not borrowing him money, accept your fate and move on. You dated him for 3 years should not be the reason why you should hold on to something that is likely not going to bring you happiness down the line.

VivleBriella:
Good day everyone

2 Likes

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Desystem: 11:29pm On Apr 18, 2020
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by karnap(m): 11:33pm On Apr 18, 2020
yeyeosoronga:
That relationship is not going to work and the earlier you realise this the better.
Run for your peace of mind.
It's not your responsibility to meet the needs of his family members, and you are obviously finding it stressful
she might not see her 500k as the guy might feel like using it to hurt her..
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2020
bukatyne2:

What does your boyfriend do to make money?

Why are you calling your relationship parasitic? Are you saying your boyfriend does not DO ANYTHING for you in your relationship for the past three years?

As a matter of fact, no sane woman would stay in a relationship where a Man does absolutely Nothing financially for her, not in this life neither in any alternate universe in the Galaxy.

Let OP recover some of her money & break up with him in peace, Instead of lying profusely that he hasn't done anything for her.

Imagine 24 to 31 years Habba! Someone is lying please

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by kem6355: 11:38pm On Apr 18, 2020
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Nobody: 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2020
bhukky:
Am a living witness to it..... My dear sister run for your life..... A better guy is waiting for you out there....

So you mean your Man did nothing, absolutely nothing for you. Never buys you anything, not a Gift, Present, Food, No financial support at all?

Habba! Fear God na! Fear the Lord all mighty. Fear God Sister.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by Ndipe(m): 11:40pm On Apr 18, 2020
For your own sake, call off the relationship.
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2020
Cowbell521:
dis Ebele sha...... You too small for this kind tin..... people wey no sabi dis gal go think na won big gal

She be one flat breast Abuja babe wey my guy don Popo Taya
Guy kindly grow up and fvck yourself. If true, so freaking what? Long mouthed childish motherfvcka.... Attention seeking animal. Psycho. Ebele this Ebele thst. It's obvious you into this your friend's Ebele, you probably tried your shot and she did not agree and you here fooling yourself... Blaady foool

1 Like

Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by tweakdude1: 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2020
Harllaby:
Honestly, the man is only being truthful to himself by asking his partner for money. So because you borrowed him 500k you feel like you can rub it on his face. The guy was never at fault from what you wrote instead you are the one that refuses to voice out your feelings by assuming he should know what you want.

Tell him how you feel and if he isn't what you want in a man, then go look for your type.

The best advise to today. grin
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by SweetCunt97(f): 11:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
Samakus:

You? You used to beg online. Wow, storylines truly change
Beg for?
Re: What Comes With Marrying The Breadwinner Of A Family? by ZaOzaRoom(m): 11:53pm On Apr 18, 2020
Visit a trained counsellor.

Nairaland backyard counsellors will only pollute your mind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Since My Dad Died, I Think About Death Of People Around Me / Man Who Constantly Beats Wife Says Cash & Good Sex Is the Reason She Can't Leave / Married Men Asking Single Guys For Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.