Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account (59081 Views)

Canadian Authorities Discover 70 Stolen Cars Destined For Nigeria And Ghana / Soldiers Beat Driver To Death In Calabar; Passengers Didn’t Wear Face Masks / $5M Fraud: Why Mompha Was Arrested By INTERPOL, EFCC - Tosin Olugbenga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by GeneralPula: 3:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
SweetCunt97:
As Corona wan kill all our client wey done old, na God we dey look.
grin
You self. Why all your client old? grin

2 Likes

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by Nobody: 3:50pm On Apr 15, 2020
losky83:
Sounds like a script written by insane person.please use names of the actual companies involved in this act.do not come and start telling us about interpol and all that lies.I want you to understand that not all those on nairaland are stupid,some of us are very smart and can not swallow your shit.

https://www.interpol.int/en/News-and-Events/News/2020/Unmasked-International-COVID-19-fraud-exposed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by romoruyi(m): 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
Nawa o

1 Like

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by Vulcan24(m): 3:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
well well well!! procurement issue or possibly their email was hacked and the procurement was routed from legit source to the scammers.

the Nigerian acct may be part of laundering the funds, check well n don't be surprised if one big man in our politics or business won't be involved.

you have to av some offshore dealings and your acct capable of receiving huge overseas fund or been receiving frequently to avoid suspicion.

the arrested guys, what's their nationality?

2 Likes

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by Orpe7(m): 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2020
Some idiots will blame Buhari
Like its because of Buhari legitimate Nigerians will be denied visa because of some idiots

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by einsteine(m): 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2020
fujirice:
How did they know the fund is heading to Nigeria?
Shebi they found the money in a British account, wetin come concern Nigeria for the matter now?

Because a transfer has been initiated from the British account.

All of you faux Patriots want to close your eyes to the fact that Nigeria is number 1 (not 2 or 3) when it comes to Business E-Mail Compromise fraud. Denial is not going to change anything. In Benin and Ilorin, it is what the Youths do all day and when someone reports on it, some silly "Patriots" come online and start complaining that Nigeria is being mentioned

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by einsteine(m): 3:52pm On Apr 15, 2020
losky83:
Sounds like a script written by insane person.please use names of the actual companies involved in this act.do not come and start telling us about interpol and all that lies.I want you to understand that not all those on nairaland are stupid,some of us are very smart and can not swallow your shit.

Another mumu Patriot.

5 Likes

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by sisisioge: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
Oh my God! Why are these yahoo boys bent on embarrassing us globally like this? Why would they use this pandemic for selfish gains when a lot of people could die because of them?

Abegi...they should fish them out and make them face the music.

By the way, this is really high class fraud... Like them Investos ring.

5 Likes

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by rusher14: 3:55pm On Apr 15, 2020
einsteine:

All of you faux Patriots want to close your eyes to the fact that Nigeria is number 1 (not 2 or 3) when it comes to Business E-Mail Compromise fraud. Denial is not going to change anything. In Benin and Ilorin, it is what the Youths do all day and when someone reports on it, some silly "Patriots" come online and start complaining that Nigeria is being mentioned

There are many crimes for which a country may be forgiven or even overlooked.

But I ask how would Germans view a group of people who chanced on the misfortune of the entire world to perpetrate a crime that could potentially lead the death of thousands if not millions?

4 Likes

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by Hoodgod(m): 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by rusher14: 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
Devgod:
BEC not BMC

The copyright is reserved.

grin
Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by einsteine(m): 3:57pm On Apr 15, 2020
LibertyRep:
Obviously Non-Nigerians are also involved in the scam, but they just had to garnish it with the involvement of Nigerians.

What exactly are you trying to say?

Go to Interpol's website. It was reported without bias. Of course, a Nigerian newspaper would have to stress the Nigerian aspect if they are reporting it. Besides, even if non-Nigerians are involved, does that mean they shouldn't mention when a Nigerian is involved? A lot of people here support fraud yet criticize politicians. And you are obviously one of them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by Kenny9857(m): 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
ofemigeorge:
Let me divert a little.....

If only the whites never gave us independence that early.
If only we didnt discover or have oil
If only the west never pally with north in the first place.
If only the east had used indirect method to separate than war and they were given.
If only some politican babas were never voted for, hence never won any presidential seat.
If only the good leaders were not assassinated
I wonder how the land would? Agriculture, tourism, act and culture, infrastructure e.t.c
It would have been a good place to be born and be reborn
if only all you said is really true cry cry

2 Likes

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by hisgrace090: 3:58pm On Apr 15, 2020
drealcivilceno:
So Oyibo no dey scam dia sef. Everything na Nigeria.

If you can change the number will reduce.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by Obestconsults: 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
You can make money by just viewing post on this site . Register and earn . It's superb.. fast withdrawal inclusive.......https://hmemoney.xyz/354235260747373/
Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by anonymous1759(m): 3:59pm On Apr 15, 2020
zukky79:
Wow. Trust Nigeria and Nigerians to be involved.

Same thing I trust the oyinbos to be involved
''Na Rat wey dey inside house dey invite the one for Bush say meat dey inside pot '' if you know you know stop blaming only Nigerians Without the help of an insider No man can steal from you.

1 Like

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by NaijaOlosho(f): 4:00pm On Apr 15, 2020
The Yorubas are to be highly respected for scam matters.

They are not your mate at alll cheesy

2 Likes

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by GANAYAD: 4:01pm On Apr 15, 2020
rusher14:

It doesn't take intelligence.

It is no different from those who come on this forum to beg even as they simply choose not to work.

Criminal enterprise isn't often a matter of intelligence but the betrayal of trust.

Loool I'm not a supporter of crime but I'd like to know why banks don't charge me for deposits and charge me for withdrawal
Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by Carlyboi(m): 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2020
SweetCunt97:
Na this Kinda pullout them E-money, Hushpuppy and Co dey cash in wey dem go use dey intimidate people. All these bmc guys are really hitting it hard. One done deal and yiu made.. No be love scam wey person eye go red like opolu just to convince one client.
I Dey look you with side eye tho are you really a female tho grin wink

1 Like

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by rusher14: 4:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
GANAYAD:

Loool I'm not a supporter of crime but I'd like to know why banks don't charge me for deposits and charge me for withdrawal

Banks are not a charity organisation.

You secure your funds with them and they pass a charge on to you.

The charge is not arbitrary but agreed between the banks and governmental authorities and you.

If you don't like how they operate, you are always free to withdraw all your funds never to return again.
Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by Internet247(m): 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
high tension men on the ○nl1n3 grin grin
Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by ACE1010: 4:08pm On Apr 15, 2020
Dottore:
Na wao. Why won't guys channel their witty efforts to something appreciable, sustainable, worthwhile and legit.
What's the gain of shining today and being incarcerated tomorrow and stigmatized forever.

I wonder my friend....these scammers are just giving us a bad name everywhere
Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by asobo: 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
Still yet some retards will be celebrating this fraudsters. They should be fished out with out delay and dealt with. It won't be well with any fraudster
Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by GANAYAD: 4:09pm On Apr 15, 2020
rusher14:

Banks are not a charity organisation.

You secure your funds with them and they pass a charge on to you.

The charge is not arbitrary but agreed between the banks and governmental authorities and you.

If you don't like how they operate, you are always free to withdraw all your funds never to return again.

Bros
The only thing I know is that Nigerians are very wise and intelligent set of people, the brains behind these types of scam can do better legally, but Nigeria is a jungle where no one cares how you make it, just do it and you will be worshipped

1 Like 1 Share

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by MansoryMX(m): 4:10pm On Apr 15, 2020
StarUp:
That doesn't mean a Nigerian is involved... Nigeria could also be serving as a rerouting country...
#don'tjustconclude

Nigerians is involved in this scam. Na Alibaba work, E don be for those guys. That money is just too big to swallow. Had it been it’s something like €1 euro to €200k the company won’t have bothered themselves but sacked some persons and top up their firewall. Greedy modafucka wan cash out big, Interpol will hunt all of them down.
Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by fujirice: 4:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
einsteine:

Take it easy!
Is that how you enlighten someone?
Na wa o!

Besides, the article didn’t tell us a fund transfer has been activated from the British end.
And we don’t know IF Nigeria is its final destination.
Please cut this our country some slack biko.

1 Like

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by anonymous1759(m): 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
DonMustafa:
They did not tag and announce the other countries where the money already arrived in bank accounts.

It is Nigeria that the transfer is intending to go to that is the headline. (Note: They are the ones saying the money intends to go to Nigeria oo)

Thunder will fire all those people tarnishing Nigeria image by spreading false news locally and internationally

Bless up bro. You dey mind those biased Western media always protecting their image at all cost. Trust our mumu we honest Nigerian youth will start to rain insults on Nigerians forgetting no one can steal from you without an insider but all the Blame will go to Nigeria because we accept every thrash. Thanks to the useless youths and leaders we've.

For such a sophisticated scam to go through like this definitely a westerner must be involved for sure. We need a complete news from the western media all the names from where the money passed through before it got to UK. As far I'm consigned Nigeria is innocent the money hasn't gotten here.

4 Likes

Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by Carlyboi(m): 4:13pm On Apr 15, 2020
This is high level and international scam and Might involve people of different nationalities....the Nigerians involved might just be the fall guys or the dumb ones that’s about 7billion Naira right there!thats not a deal for small fishes to orchestrate and mastermind I won’t be surprised if any of your Instagram billionaires ceos and big boys are fingered and involved in this scam
Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by fujirice: 4:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
rusher14:

Because there must have been a mandate on the monies to be transferred.

Considering the UK would carry out some form of due diligence, a few days would pass before the transfer is effected.

It is more than likely the deal was caught at this phase.

Well, based on your first paragraph, it’s clear the article didn’t elaborate on how they got to know that the fund is headed to Nigeria.
Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by lopezoraclenet(m): 4:15pm On Apr 15, 2020
Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by linkupman(m): 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
audio lock down
Re: INTERPOL Uncovers COVID-19 Face Masks FRAUD Destined For Nigerian Account by kode12: 4:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
How did they know it's destined for a Nigerian account? Did they label first bank or GTB on the money while it was sitting in the UK?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Girlfriend Of MC Chinedu Paul Think Twice Mistaken For Badoo Cult Member Writes / Total War Against Name Checkers On Nairaland / Man Defiles 7-Year-Old Girl In Lagos (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.