Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG (1002 Views)

Hungry Tinubu Supporter Caught On Twitter / Aisha Yesufu & EndSARS: History Will Be Kind To This Woman In End SARS Campaign / Kashamu: Let’s Be Kind To The Dead, Tinubu Tells Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by Ebullience(m): 9:16pm On Apr 15, 2020
Bola Ahmed Tinubu, former governor of Lagos state, says history will not be kind to the federal government if it fails to protect citizens from hunger and disease during the current COVID-19 pandemic.

In a document released on Wednesday to suggest economic stimulus programs to help the economy recover after the COVID-19 pandemic, Tinubu said the goal must be for citizens not to live with disease or hunger.

He opined that intervention programmes like TraderMoni would only cater to small scale traders and leave out the average salary earner who lost his job due to the COVID-19 restrictions.

“We dare not underestimate the twin dangers posed by the virus itself and the economic consequences of the public health response. Our goal must be that the people live neither with disease nor in hunger. This situation presents a historic chance to establish a more beneficial social contract between the government and the governed,” he said.

“If we so utilize this moment, it will be recorded as a pivotal one in our national history. If we allow this moment to slip, history will not be obliged to treat us with great mercy.

“The worst of this dark potential can be avoided if the government is prepared to act in ways that not only feed people but protect the basic contours of our private-sector economy so that it can more quickly revive once normal conditions return.”

Some of the policy recommendations made by Tinubu, who is a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress alongside President Muhammadu Buhari are:

Suspension/amendment of the 5% deficit limit of the fiscal responsibility law which prohibits fiscal deficit from exceeding 5% of the nation’s gross domestic product. “The best step would be to suspend the 5% budgetary limit for this fiscal year. Alternatively, the limit should be raised to 25-30% to allow the federal government more room to make the minimum expenditures necessary to save the economy and the people,” he wrote.
Emergency sustenance payments: This, he said, could be paid to households for monthly needs or as emergency unemployment insurance to people who can prove they have been laid off due to the crisis or as payroll support to businesses to help them maintain staff so they can return to full operation when normalcy returns.
Re-establishment of agricultural market and commodity boards for strategically important crops to stabilise farmers’ income and consumer prices.
Import suppression through luxury taxes, higher tariffs and higher import processing fees due to the partial closure of ports of entry due to the coronavirus.
Conditional interest-free loans from the Central Bank of Nigeria to large businesses. Tinubu said some of the conditions could be maintaining their workforce and even hiring an extra 10% for two or three months at reduced wages. “These additional workers should be youth hired under a temporary internship or training program.”
Other recommendations listed by the sexagenarian include an expansion of the school feeding programme to cover more vulnerable children and a push for debt relief from lenders.

https://www.thecable.ng/covid-19-history-not-kind-nigerians-hungry-tinubu-fg/amp
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by EzzyCarter: 9:18pm On Apr 15, 2020
Your space is already reserved in the darkest pages of history sire. You'll be fondly remembered as the man who sold his birthright and betrayed his kinsmen for a failed presidential ambition sad . Times and seasons may change but history never forgets!

5 Likes

Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by chatinent: 9:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
Jagaban should just keep mute; he cares only about his presidential ambition.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by alexpumpin: 9:20pm On Apr 15, 2020
Are you sure Tinubu wrote this? shocked shocked
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by Franzinni: 9:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
He he hustle for president..

We know your plan .. But you kuku know your people .. Emotional first then logic kicks in when it is suffer time ...

My only hunger now is to see these political demons release their tight grip on the neck of this country.
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by omonnakoda: 9:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
Tinubu is expired
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by Nobody: 9:29pm On Apr 15, 2020
which history? they have already abolished history in school.
all we have are propagandas from the media
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by Dbboy(m): 9:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
I just read rubbish devoid of any rational reasoning and I ask the question, did Tinubu write this?.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by Ezemust: 9:32pm On Apr 15, 2020
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by inedujac: 9:33pm On Apr 15, 2020
Give us money "No!

Allow us to hustle "No!

Our leader which way nah?
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by Chinwees: 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2020
shocked shocked
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by NwaNimo1(m): 9:34pm On Apr 15, 2020
Useless man......agberos will soon eat you!

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by Mightyhaiz: 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
Oga bullion, share this money

For it is time to share the money grin
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by Annie939(f): 9:35pm On Apr 15, 2020
Tinubu and 2023 are like 5 and 6

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by Nobody: 9:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
Then spray some bills from the bullion van man
Are u not also a thief?

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by Yalwayzme: 9:37pm On Apr 15, 2020
When did tinubu start thinking of the welfare of Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by todaynewsreview: 9:39pm On Apr 15, 2020
They should please adopt the BVN format as some have proposed.

For your BEDC Prepaid token, DSTV, GOTV and Startimes see my signature. 24/7 service available
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by teadrake(m): 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
omonnakoda:
Tinubu is expired
You say what sir?
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by Abfinest007(m): 9:48pm On Apr 15, 2020
i still doubt tinubu will say something like this
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by daddytime(m): 9:49pm On Apr 15, 2020
All these one na campaign English na

We know as e dey go

Never again.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by PureGoldh(m): 9:51pm On Apr 15, 2020
Make I no talk wetin dey my mind First

Baba don dey use style drop punchlines to backup his 2023 Presidential Vision
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by omonnakoda: 9:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
teadrake:

You say what sir?
He is done
Gege bi ise ati asa wa ni ile Yoruba a o kin ri agba fin
Tinubu ti ri agba fin
O ti di dandan ki omo se iru re fun
Oju gbogbo wa ni of o pe atenuje ni awon Oba wa ,pe Baba Obasanjo ti expire,omo a se iru re fun

Ojo esin re ti sun
O si ma se eleya
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by Staro: 9:54pm On Apr 15, 2020

Buhari's nepotism is just disgusting.

You shut Lagos, Ogun and Abuja down due to COVID but you're sharing 20K to people in
Sokoto, Zamfara, Jigawa etc that have no single case of COVID 19 yet

Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by gloriaunobi(f): 10:12pm On Apr 15, 2020
He has been making noise recently what's the secret?
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by mytime24(f): 10:28pm On Apr 15, 2020
Make i no talk wetin dey my mind

Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by Yobabad: 10:31pm On Apr 15, 2020
After talking in two bullion Van, who is deceving who
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by noxy1962(m): 10:41pm On Apr 15, 2020
The thief-in -chief has spoken.
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by EmmySparky(m): 10:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
All these thrives....mtcheeeew...
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by Iceyjayz: 10:53pm On Apr 15, 2020
mytime24:
Make i no talk wetin dey my mind
Shut up
Re: COVID-19: History Will Not Be Kind To Us If Nigerians Go Hungry, Tinubu Tells FG by airoport: 10:56pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ezemust:
He should share palliatives directly to hungry people, starting from Alimosho , full stop as in your dot comment �. The area hot,a in crime. My relative suggested that people may add matchete to their shopping list as a way of protecting themselves when returning from the market with groceries fah!

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Is Live Now!!! / Buhari's Counter To UNPO Moves In The SOUTH. / New Jersey Governor-elect Appoints Four Nigerians Into His Transition Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.