Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,157 members, 7,825,617 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature (38077 Views)

As US Coronavirus Hits 1milliom, TRUMP Plans To Punish China Over Outbreak / Coronavirus Stimulus Bill $2-trillion - Largest By Far In U.S. History / Iran Rejects US Coronavirus Aid Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Nobody: 6:27am On Apr 16, 2020
Ayoefa:

No need arguing with you. Believe whatever you want. The average American knows the facts. That's all that matters.
facts abi leftist propaganda?

I read the Senate prepared bill and the stimulus package was part of it.

Nancy only wanted some non related stuff like funding for illegal migrants and their useless green new deal agenda

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Ayoefa: 6:28am On Apr 16, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Even if you will pay back gradually, is it not better than nothing
No doubt it's much better than nothing. But can Nigeria give this kind of stimulus? Should we be comparing Nigeria to the US? Reality is that the GDP of just New York city is more than double Nigeria's GDP.
Pls let's stop this insane comparison, doesn't even make any sense.
The Nigerian govt should do something without a doubt but expecting the govt to give out like the US is not possible.
I have said before, they should give money back to those that paid income taxes in the past.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 16, 2020
aremuforlife:

What is the age difference between Trump and Buhari?
Moreover, the money given to them is part of the tax deductions, how many of us pay tax in Nigeria
So you don't know your employer deduct tax from your salary?You don't know you pay indirect tax from the consumables you buy?Even biscuit #10,there is tax.Yeye pikin.

4 Likes

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by saajus: 6:30am On Apr 16, 2020
Beautiful nonsense. He brought them into this mess by his lackadaisical attitude and he's still ready to kill more people by the untimely opening of his country.
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”
“It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”
“So last year 37,000 Americans died from the common Flu. It averages between 27,000 and 70,000 per year. Nothing is shut down, life & the economy go on. At this moment there are 546 confirmed cases of CoronaVirus, with 22 deaths. Think about that!”
“There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus"
........................................Trump
Over 30k deaths and still counting.

Well, let's face our own issue here.

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by softset: 6:31am On Apr 16, 2020
It's not just about rent, my point is that $1200 is really nothing , you could be paying about $300 for auto insurance ( amount depends on several factors), what about electricity bill and other bills that are recurring, that money is not a lot.

Also note that the cheapest 1 bedroom you can find in a city like Houston is about $700+ unless you live in third ward and the likes.

I hope you realize that money is for those earning within a certain income bracket. If you earn over a $100k, you will not be getting anything.

Maybe someone out there can educate me on what you will do with $1200 that is a one time thing.

linearity:

@softset.
Though it depends on where you are living and the type of house/apartment and note the $1,200.00 is per individual, for couples I believe it doubles then add $500 per dependent...though all these are phased out at certain income level.

I would say, for an individual, $1,200.00 is more than enough on average for rent in the US unless you are renting a luxury apartment in Manhattan .

My premises is, for an individual a studio apartment is more than enough for you....you don’t need one or two bedroom and that money is enough for a studio. For a couple you guys get double that amount, which should be okay for a one/two bedrooms, then if you have kids the additional $500 added will get you a three bedroom.

3 Likes

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Mouthpis(m): 6:31am On Apr 16, 2020
Ayoefa:

At least tell your brothers that only tax payers are getting it oh. They have been telling stories say nay for anybody. At least educate them on facts. I got mine and spent in less than 30 mins on Bill's. Better than nothing, but we are going to pay it back. See that the direct deposit is named IRS Tax refund in the deposit line. Pls tell all these Nigerians that, this is not free money, it's for TAX payers.

Oga, what's all these argument about nah?
Whether it's for only tax payers or not, and regardless of the time it took you to finish spending that money, one thing is clear here, and that is, the US government paid cash to your account PERIOD!

Here, nothing whatsoever from our government.

Republican or Democrats, the fact remains that the government gave out something to cushion the effect of covid-19 on its citizens.

Let Nigerian govt pay something to tax payers at least.

I hope you know how much have been donated so far by individuals and private organization to the Nigerian govt to help cushion the effect of this pandemic on its citizens?

Yet nothing on ground to show for the large sums of money both from within the country and from international organization.

Pls...

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Ayoefa: 6:34am On Apr 16, 2020
Lostz:
we are broke but with politicians that earn highest in the world?

what happened to the aid we received from the EU?

what about the funding distributed to audio poor?

50 million from EU is going to go around, really? Lol.
Pls read the news, they have decided to use the money donated for building and improving hospitals around the country. I know that we Africans are usually more concerned about what we can get now but it's a much better idea to use these monies for long term medical projects that will benefit us all for a long time. Also the projects are to be handled by the donors and NOT by the govt.

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 16, 2020
Ayoefa:

50 million from EU is going to go around, really? Lol.
Pls read the news, they have decided to use the money donated for building and improving hospitals around the country. I know that we Africans are usually more concerned about what we can get now but it's a much better idea to use these monies for long term medical projects that will benefit us all for a long time. Also the projects are to be handled by the donors and NOT by the govt.

money donated to the poor to improve health care?

what happens to the money this administration have been budgeting for health since they came in?

I don't think this administration have even built any hospital since they came in.

the EU aid ₦21b even came with a tag that it is to assist the poor

2 Likes

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by linearity: 6:40am On Apr 16, 2020
Ayoefa:

Did I hear you mention Manhattan? Lol.
People living in Manhattan are not waiting on 1200 before they can pay their rent, and nothing in Manhattan is like 1200. 1200 will get you a closet there.
Now, if you live in the South like Atlanta, Houston and some other southern cities, yes 1200 will do for one month. But living in the North like Chicago, NY Baltimore, philly, Boston, 1200 might not even pay for a month unless you are living in the Ghetto.

Rent and prices are public info, that amount can get you a decent studio or one room apartment in any of those cities you have mentioned.

In Ghetto, you need lower than that. Use google to search studio or apartments for rent in those cities.

Yes, many people in Manhattan are waiting on that stimulus money. Manhattan have rent control laws that make mandatory for certain number of housing units to be made available for low income people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by CoronaV: 6:42am On Apr 16, 2020
Tajbol4splend:
Misplaced priority, some mumu crazy PDP/Igbos would tell you this if Buhari did it but since Trump is the doer here, it's got to be right because there's definitely something he's tryna do that we don't know, isi ewu gbogbo.
Nobody will criticise your god Buhari for sharing 480 000 naira per head, even if he decides to use his blood as signature.
Yoruba muslim
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by cutepaul(m): 6:44am On Apr 16, 2020
Kyase:
Trump Cant do no wrong na
Trump and Buhari na same moto carry them, only be say Trump na crazy man

And buhari na LAZY MAN
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by zakas: 6:45am On Apr 16, 2020
$1,200 stimulus package. That's nice. Nigeria where are thou?
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by linearity: 6:46am On Apr 16, 2020
softset:
It's not just about rent, my point is that $1200 is really nothing , you could be paying about $300 for auto insurance ( amount depends on several factors), what about electricity bill and other bills that are recurring, that money is not a lot.

Also note that the cheapest 1 bedroom you can find in a city like Houston is about $700+ unless you live in third ward and the likes.

I hope you realize that money is for those earning within a certain income bracket. If you earn over a $100k, you will not be getting anything.

Maybe someone out there can educate me on what you will do with $1200 that is a one time thing.

I feel you and understand completely.

Also note that, this is just one source of stimulus....I have seen lots of people filing unemployment and citing their fears to go to work due to Coronavirus or their work getting eliminated as a result.

Buried in the stimulus bill passed by Congress, the government will attempt to match your unemployment check to the salary you were receiving before at work....also the duration of the unemployment has been expanded.

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Bukden16(m): 6:46am On Apr 16, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
If Buhari did this...

Wailers would have crucified him.

Do have sense a lot.
People are dying because someone felt his signature must appear on the cheque and you're dragging deformed Buhari into this.

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Ezmans: 6:46am On Apr 16, 2020
[quote author=CoronaVirusPro post=88490342]If Buhari did this...

Wailers would have crucified him.Mumu, let your president pay you without signing ,have you finished the bread you steal from people? Hunger I'll kill you for supporting evil, see ur useless name
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by CoronaV: 6:47am On Apr 16, 2020
DedeNkem:

"His goodwill" my a*ss! The fund isn't his. It was the Congress that appropriated the money to help their citizens, NOT Trump!

Trump wants to take credit for this for political reason. He is a narcissist!

Do you expect Trump to share his personal money? How do you Yoruba muslims reason sef. Let Buhari share too, afterall the money also isn't his.
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by ClassicMan202(m): 6:49am On Apr 16, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
If Buhari did this...

The question is can he even sign his name??

2 Likes

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Ayoefa: 6:53am On Apr 16, 2020
linearity:

Rent and prices are public info, that amount can get you a decent studio or one room apartment in any of those cities you have mentioned.

In Ghetto, you need lower than that. Use google to search studio or apartments for rent in those cities.

Yes, many people in Manhattan are waiting on that stimulus money. Manhattan have rent control laws that make mandatory for certain number of housing units to be made available for low income people.

How many families lives in studio appointments? May a in up North, but only students and newly graduates live in studios in most places. Yes Manhattan might have program to have some low income rental available but that will be very minimal compared to the rest of Manhattan. Anyone will tell you without even consulting Google that rent in NY is high, and its even higher in Manhattan. This is the financial capital of the world where people make crazy insane money on daily and weekly basis. It's only logical that rent and every other thing will be expensive here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by supercase1(m): 6:54am On Apr 16, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
If Buhari did this...

I know say you don sacrifice your brain to foolishness!!! !
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 16, 2020
CoronaVirusPro:
If Buhari did this...

What has he done, sef? Name one thing.
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by wirinet(m): 6:58am On Apr 16, 2020
ifeanyija:
He is far better than buhari, look at the way they disburse money
Na him money or papa money? Why insist on signing his name on the checks?

It's just an electioneering gimmick. Trump's dump worshippers would feel its Trump that gave them the money.

4 Likes

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Nobody: 7:05am On Apr 16, 2020
wirinet:

Na him money or papa money? Why insist on signing his name on the checks?

It's just an electioneering gimmick. Trump's dump worshippers would feel its Trump that gave them the money.

even Obama called a health care plan Obamacare.

the left leaning media will always look for a way to discredit Trump

4 Likes

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by wirinet(m): 7:07am On Apr 16, 2020
destinie2019:

What has he done, sef? Name one thing.
What has he not done that Trump also has done. Trump issued a travel ban and you guys say that is the greatest achievement of Trump in curtailing the virus, Buhari issued travel ban, you guys criticise him for being too late.

Trump could give $1,200 to each US tax payer because the US has has a $21 trillion economy. Buhari is proposing N5,000 because Nigeria has $450 billion economy, where most don't even pay tax.

2 Likes

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by dan55: 7:08am On Apr 16, 2020
softset:
Lol... $1200 and your rent is $1300 for the month. That's not a lot of money for those converting it naira..

No vex, how much is your naija rent? How much is FG giving to "poor Nigerian"

1 Like

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by LOVEGINO(m): 7:08am On Apr 16, 2020
softset:
Lol... $1200 and your rent is $1300 for the month. That's not a lot of money for those converting it naira..
I hope u will appreciate baba 5k?
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by DesChyko: 7:08am On Apr 16, 2020
aremuforlife:

What is the age difference between Trump and Buhari?
Moreover, the money given to them is part of the tax deductions, how many of us pay tax in Nigeria

If it's by that, I should have gotten my package since. I've been paying taxes for as long as I can remember.
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Nobody: 7:09am On Apr 16, 2020
Ayoefa:

No doubt it's much better than nothing. But can Nigeria give this kind of stimulus? Should we be comparing Nigeria to the US? Reality is that the GDP of just New York city is more than double Nigeria's GDP.
Pls let's stop this insane comparison, doesn't even make any sense.
The Nigerian govt should do something without a doubt but expecting the govt to give out like the US is not possible.
I have said before, they should give money back to those that paid income taxes in the past.
No one is comparing Nigeria to the US.
In fact, it will be a SIN to attempt such comparison
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by LOVEGINO(m): 7:10am On Apr 16, 2020
Babakogi7:
[color 990000 color see below
baba I want you to chase away covid19 in Nigeria.
Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by wirinet(m): 7:10am On Apr 16, 2020
Lostz:

even Obama called a health care plan Obamacare.

the left leaning media will always look for a way to discredit Trump
Calling a program or policy the name of its originator is different from putting your signature on checks. He could have called the program Trump relief package and no one would have raised eyebrows.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature by Kingzeez10: 7:10am On Apr 16, 2020
ALCOHOLKILLS:

see them, make your baba credit them the 5k first nah, hope you gonna be among them selected because you write like you're hungry cheesy grin
Fool.. Na hungry man dey sabi hungry man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Taliban Brutally Flog & Abduct Civilians In Afghanistan (Pix, Vid) / American Protests: Nancy Pelosi Calls Trump "Fanner Of The Flame" / Niger Coup: Russia Warns Ecowas Not To Take Military Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.