Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up (2049 Views)

Jangebe Students’ Abduction: PDP Asks Buhari To "Wake Up From Slumber" / Fani-kayode Reacts To Call For Relocation Of Herdsmen From Southern Nigeria / Northern Elders’ Forum Orders Fulani Herdsmen To Vacate Southern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Finnese001: 9:39am On Apr 16, 2020
I have been reflecting on what is currently going in Nigeria and to be candid, the north are just riding on us (the South). Just use this ongoing cash transfer program as an example, how can the people up north be getting all the money while we the south, where the money is coming is receiving nothing. just two states in the north have received more than the entire South (sw/se/ss).
the southern Nigeria need to come together and take our rightful place in this country. A lot of things are going wrong because we are not UNITED like the north.
The south is the heartbeat of this nation, while we are busy fighting one another, we keep strengthening the north.
They will support the Igbos today, tomorrow they will support the Yorubas, it's all politics.

left for me, I will say let's devide this country, let peace reign because it's no longer working as one Nigeria. the North are cheating us but we the south no want get sense.

They will keep getting everything untill we decides to get sense . PEACE

5 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by dukeprince50: 9:48am On Apr 16, 2020
Southern Nigeria Kwa.
They are sharing it to the poorest households, the northern part are the poorest

1 Like

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Donald1987(m): 9:48am On Apr 16, 2020
they need slap to reset their corrupted brain
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Finnese001: 9:53am On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:
Southern Nigeria Kwa.
They are sharing it to the poorest households, the northern part are the poorest

pay them with money been generated from the South, while leaving the south behind

are you okay?

7 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by kurupt1: 9:53am On Apr 16, 2020
Agreed sir,the south doesn't want to learn.I don't have any problem with the yorubas ,my problem is with the Yoruba Muslims .Their loyalty lies with the caliphate,the Yoruba Muslims are the cause of the south problem.
This ur message should be directed to the likes of Muric director,Tinubu etc and the other Yoruba Muslims.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Simplyleo: 9:55am On Apr 16, 2020
Pls is the palliative not for the poorest?

And where do you find the poorest in Nigeria?

Where do you find every household member a billionaire?

This is what happens when you prefer to deceive yourself rather than squarely addressing you problem. Because I dont know how money meant for a person that is extremely poor will now be given to billionaires.

The northerners are the poorest, so let them benefit from what is meant for the poorest.

2 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Finnese001: 9:56am On Apr 16, 2020
kurupt1:
Agreed sir,the south doesn't want to learn.I don't have any problem with the yorubas ,my problem is with the Yoruba Muslims .Their loyalty lies with the caliphate,the Yoruba Muslims are the cause of the south problem.

it's very painful when things are going on like this, It breaks my heart.

The north are the self acclaimed born to rule, only to depend on the southern resources

3 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Fidelismaria: 9:57am On Apr 16, 2020
Southern Nigeria will never wake up

They are way too divided
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by CodeTemplar: 9:57am On Apr 16, 2020
dukeprince50:
Southern Nigeria Kwa.
Firstly, the idea of sharing to the 'poorest' is cataclysmic at best. In a lockdown, even the not so poor become poorer than those election induced poorest of the poor.
Lagos is our tax capital and I am surprised the FG is rewarding people who don't tax ahead of know taxpayers in Lagos.
In advanced nations, taxpayers get more priority in tines like these. It is simple logic but Buhari thinks a list used to entice voters before election by calling them poor is best measure to know who is more affected by the lockdown. States like Zanfara with no covid are getting more attention than even Lagos. Can you beat that?
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by otokx(m): 9:58am On Apr 16, 2020
We had our chance in GEJ but we blew it.

7 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by CodeTemplar: 9:59am On Apr 16, 2020
Fidelismaria:
Southern Nigeria will never wake up

They are way too divided
Thank you. This covid may threaten a break up given the open insults being meted out to the south.

What is the criteria for that poorest of the poorest list. It was compiled by politicians with election in view.
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by SciLab: 10:00am On Apr 16, 2020
Simplyleo:

This is what happens when you prefer to deceive yourself rather than squarely addressing you problem. Because I dont know how money meant for a person that is extremely poor will now be given to billionaires.

The northerners are the poorest, so let them benefit from what is meant for the poorest.

Like a hunch, I already knew this one will be here to advertize his idiocy.

8 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Finnese001: 10:00am On Apr 16, 2020
cc SouthernNigeria
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by CodeTemplar: 10:01am On Apr 16, 2020
otokx:
I can see you still pained about that loser called GEJ. The man isn't fit to lead even a zoo or amusement park as a zoologist self so forget him.
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Simplyleo: 10:01am On Apr 16, 2020
SciLab:

mynd44 lalasticlala
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Finnese001: 10:04am On Apr 16, 2020
SciLab:

please this is not time to throw insults, we need to do something about this, this is way beyond politics, this is pure wickedness meted for the south

1 Like

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Finnese001: 10:06am On Apr 16, 2020
otokx:

that doesn't mean we should sit down and and fold our hands in hopelessness
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by mrvitalis(m): 10:09am On Apr 16, 2020
Simplyleo:

Not us the least educated yet we practice quota system

Igbos may not need this 20k like other region ...but u can't practice quota system when u are disadvantaged n remember merit when u are advantaged

We are seeing the regions fighting over bread

Everyday here all Igbo community are helping themselves .....what is right is right

6 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by gidgiddy: 10:11am On Apr 16, 2020
Finnese001:
I have been reflecting on what is currently going in Nigeria and to be candid, the north are just riding on us (the South). Just use this ongoing cash transfer program as an example, how can the people up north be getting all the money while we the south, where the money is coming is receiving nothing. just two states in the north have received more than the entire South (sw/se/ss).
the southern Nigeria need to come together and take our rightful place in this country. A lot of things are going wrong because we are not UNITED like the north.
The south is the heartbeat of this nation, while we are busy fighting one another, we keep strengthening the north.
They will support the Igbos today, tomorrow they will support the Yorubas, it's all politics.

left for me, I will say let's devide this country, let peace reign because it's no longer working as one Nigeria. the North are cheating us but we the south no want get sense.

They will keep getting everything untill we decides to get sense . PEACE

Some people are just starting to see now what Ojukwu saw more than 50 years ago

2 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by mrvitalis(m): 10:13am On Apr 16, 2020
Being at the fence like u the op is the problem we have in the south

In your heart u know what's preventing the south from uniting , and u know the people against it .call them out ...call a spade a spade it's simple

U can't pretend u want to find the problem when u already know the problem

3 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Finnese001: 10:14am On Apr 16, 2020
mrvitalis:

Not us the least educated yet we practice quota system

Igbos may not need this 20k like other region ...but u can't practice quota system when u are disadvantaged n remember merit when u are advantaged

We are seeing the regions fighting over bread

Everyday here all Igbo community are helping themselves .....what is right is right

all I'm asking for is for us to leave our differences behind and pursue a course of a United South
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Melezenawii: 10:15am On Apr 16, 2020
There is nothing like Southern Nigeria
We have the North ,West and East.

Anybody that says Southern Nigeria is a hypocrite

3 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Finnese001: 10:16am On Apr 16, 2020
mrvitalis:

In your heart u know what's preventing the south from uniting , and u know the people against it .call them out ...call a spade a spade it's simple

and I believe that every problem has a remedy
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by mrvitalis(m): 10:18am On Apr 16, 2020
Finnese001:

and I believe that every problem has a remedy
U can't solve a problem without plainly identifying the problem ..say the truth simple no body go beat u
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by mrvitalis(m): 10:20am On Apr 16, 2020
Finnese001:

all I'm asking for is for us to leave our differences behind and pursue a course of a United South
How can u unite in the south when a region feel they have the backing of the north won't obey simple agreement

Where there is no order there is no rule ...where there is no rule unity is never found
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Finnese001: 10:21am On Apr 16, 2020
mrvitalis:

U can't solve a problem without plainly identifying the problem ..say the truth simple no body go beat u

nobody is perfect, and I don't think this is the best time to condemn anyone, what we should be looking for is the way forward
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by mrvitalis(m): 10:22am On Apr 16, 2020
Finnese001:

nobody is perfect, and I don't think this is the best time to condemn anyone, what we should be looking for is the way forward
Lol u can't find a way forward without addressing the root cause of the issue
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Melezenawii: 10:23am On Apr 16, 2020
mrvitalis:

How can u unite in the south when a region feel they have the backing of the north won't obey simple agreement

Where there is no order there is no rule ...where there is no rule unity is never found

We can never unite because some people will rather vote a northern candidate ,if a western candidate is on the opposing ballot.

East form alliance with the North in First Republic against Awolowo.
East voted for the North in the Second Republic against Awolowo.
East voted against Abiola in the aborted third Republic in favour of Northern candidate.
East voted against western candidate- Olufalae in 1999 in favour of northern candidate Obasanjo.

So , you can judge for yourself, who is a betrayal

2 Likes

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by Finnese001: 10:24am On Apr 16, 2020
mrvitalis:

can you imagine that Lagos with her contribute to the country economy have received nothing from the cash transfer program, also being the state with the highest rate of infected people
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by seunmsg(m): 10:24am On Apr 16, 2020
mrvitalis:

I can bet your idea of a united south is when SW, SE and SS comes together to vote out APC and vote in Atiku/Obi, right?

See, you don’t have to wait for the OP to start insulting Yoruba’s as usual. One of your comrade already dropped the nonsense Yoruba Muslim comment above, feel free to compliment him. We know that is the purpose of thebthread. You and the OP are clowns.

1 Like

Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by mrvitalis(m): 10:27am On Apr 16, 2020
Melezenawii:

We can never unite because some people will rather vote a northern candidate ,if a western candidate is on the opposing ballot
They would do that as pay back for 2015 ....
There is consequences for every action
Re: Southern Nigeria Need To Wake Up by seunmsg(m): 10:27am On Apr 16, 2020
Finnese001:

can you imagine that Lagos with her contribute to the country economy have received nothing from the cash transfer program, also being the state with the highest rate of infected people

This one was in a hole when Lagos got N10billion from the FG to fight the virus.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Are In Support Of Yoruba, Biafra Admission Into UNPO —middle Belt President / Underrate Ize-iyamu At Your Peril, Says Edo PDP Chieftain / Real Reason Ambode Was Appointed Into APC Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.